Ex 3rd A Dreamed of Fortress

Started by RSGAlex, November 01, 2018, 06:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSGAlex

Allathur has been the destination of the last few weeks of travel. Rumors brought by guildsmen and other, lesser traders bring tell of a strange fortress that suddenly appeared in a clearing just five days travel from the frosted forest town and with the fortress came demons, illness, and dreamlessness.

It has yet to claim any victims, but it is only a matter of time before the dangers of the fortress claim the village and then begin to spread. One brave, rich fur trader sold goods to the sorcerer-king of the fortress, and described opulence to shame the sanctum of a wealthy god, but also a lazy indolence brought by the sorcerer-king's belief in the fortress's invincibility and the comforts of the fortress.

What brings these exalts to sleepless Allathur? Desire to do good? Greed for the riches? A place away from the Hunt? Who knows, but soon the circle will be formal, and Creation may shake under them.

OOC but important stuff
That is obviously act one. Act two will start with searching for the secrets of a lost sect of sorcerers from the height of the First Age to better deal with this horrific wonder of theirs. The shaping rituals aren't gone, just most of their merits and a few other important secrets.  Technically takes place in the North.

I'm pretty sure that number wise I'm going to try for a full circle, but that's not set in stone. Hopefully be able to post two times a week for the crunch-time stuff. NC-hum or Ex is where I'll aim if nobody wants harder.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RSGAlex

Looking to sow some SeeDs and achieve world piece through will sapping flowers?  (Probably the best choice in 8, but not to make. )

Please wait warmly.

HairyHeretic

I'm curious. What kind of game do you envision?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

RSGAlex

Needed a moment to clear my head and fill my belly, but got an answer now that both are done. I have had a bit of being bitten by the adventure bug, snd decided to do this. I'm hoping for a group at least pragmatic enough to not mention that this is just step one. At least not to the ailing villagers' faces.

You totally can just care about the value of the fortress as a grsat place to start conquest our of, just be subtlr about it.  Or was that not the way you meant when asking?

Please wait warmly.

HairyHeretic

To be honest I'm still not entirely clear on the whole setup. Are the PCs starting in control of the fortress (presumably a manse of some kind)? If they're responsible for illness and demons, is this an evil leaning campaign? Do the PCs turn up to stop whoever is in the fortress, take it over as a base and sandbox from there?

I'm just not getting what the direction of the game is.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ChaoticSky

I am also somewhat interested, but your opening post is long on the prose and short on the details. You should make a effort to clearly explain what you are looking for and what your players can expect, at the very least.

RSGAlex

What I actually need to do is not post at 6 when I just barely woke up. :P
That's not much for my later post, but I'll assume that the me of yesterday thought that I did a more explanatory first post and didn't check to make sure.  It would be to first arrive and take over the fortress and either then do it really well or skip straight to some sandboxing around.

Please wait warmly.