The Last Stand of Cadia. (40K looking for gm/players. LGBTQ Friendly)

Started by Lustful Bride, January 15, 2017, 05:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

The Endtimes are coming, and the fall of the Imperium may be soon.

The Imperial world of Cadia (sometimes called Cadia Gate) is the shield that keeps the foul, inter dimensional demons of Chaos away from the Craddle world of Holy Terra. (Earth) Without the brave men and women of Cadia, countless inhuman horrors would have swept over the whole of the Imperium in days and rendered mankind extinct, or worse. But it is through the brave sacrifices of countless members of the Imperial Guard (and especially the Cadian 8th Regiment) on the cold, snow covered world that have kept the Demons at bay for over 500 Generations.

Ever since the forces of Chaos began trying to invade our dimension and especially the world where our species first evolved, they have been held back by countless brave heroes, fighting for Humanity, for the Imperium, and for the God Emperor, who protects and guides us even in the darkest of times, and in whose faith protects us from possession. He sits upon a golden throne and watches over our souls once we fall in combat, and in return, we protect the vast, galactic Imperium and the thousands of worlds that it manages.

The chaos invasion has always been led by Abaddon the Despoiler, who seeks to see our cradle world burn until nothing but glass is left. And time and time again we have stopped him, sent him running back to the Eye of Terror like the roach he is...but as of late...what should have been another victory...turned into pure Hell. Loss after loss, countless soldiers killed, and territory loss. Cadia, once the most well defended planet in the Galaxy, is now at the breaking point. Half the planet has been lost and the enemy gains ground every moment. Everything we do only serves to delay the heretics and traitors. It seems the hour of darkness has come, and soon, we will see the twilight of the Imperium.

You are all members of the various types of Imperial Guard units. Whether you be a Cadian or  a Tallarn, or maybe even a Vostroyan, or an Ogryn or Ratling, you are the last hope for the world of Cadia. Abaddon even now with his demon forces beats upon the defenses of Cadia Gate, slowly breaking the will of the defenders and relishing in their suffering.

If this world falls, the rest of the Imperium might just well follow. We already have fallback points planned and some low level evacuations are in effect. But for the most part we are holding our line. There are many more planets than just Cadia depending upon us.

It has been a week since the attack started, contact has been lost with countless units and we barely have any time to even bury our dead. We have been fighting building by building, and street by street, doing our best to protect what vehicles and important installations we can, with mixed results. We have to hold out, we just have to put our hope in the Emperor, and a lasgun round in every chaos we see.

Its quiet now...get what sleep or food you can while you still can. It is going to be a rough night.

Other Imperial Guard images to catch your eye.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Felinids are completely canon!

Song that helped inspire this idea

Decided to put this out after seeing the Fall of Cadia and how lackluster it was. This is Cadia, It should be like trying to make a land invasion of Pearl Harbor with most of the military there at the peak of its status. It should be like the battle of the 300 Spartans, something to be remembered for all time and for every survivor of the battle to well and truly be a warrior of the Imperium.

wander

Interested.

Would there be any possibility of this being an Only War game, if the GM chose?

Lustful Bride

Quote from: wander on January 16, 2017, 04:09:42 AM
Interested.

Would there be any possibility of this being an Only War game, if the GM chose?

I don't know what that is :P  I'm just interested in something with the Imperial Guard and telling the tale of the Fall of Cadia and perhaps some of the aftermath.

wander

Only War is a 40k system rpg corebook, where you play as members of a squad from an Imperial Guard regiment.

To fill the numbers of the squad, each PC generally gets an NPC 'Comrade', essentially an extra in the story of the main characters in the squad and generally used as meat-shields for the PCs or in the firing line when the Commissar (btw, whilst the game generally functions best as the GM playing the Commissar, PCs can choose to be a Commissar as a playable role) needs to BLAM someone for morale...  ::)

It goes out of print next month, sadly. However it's a great find for an I.G fan as it's filled with cool art of both male and female Militarum members (quite a lot of lady IG members in there, actually) and it has all the canon Regiments in there (like Cadia) and options to make your own custom ones up.

As for the course the PCs are generally pretty weak, though they have access to a surprising amount of gear, with it possible to play the game with the squad carting about in a Leman Russ tank and shelling the crap out of everything safe inside a metal box, though a better game is the Mechanised Infantry choice, letting the gang have a much less OP Chimera to act as their mobile home-base, a lil like Pequod from MGS5.

Oh and you can also have your PC be an Ogryn, Wyrdvane Psyker or Ratling as a class, same as a Techpriest Enginseer, if wanted.

I'd run a Fall of Cadia as a Line Infantry campaign for the proper thematic themes you'd be after.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: wander on January 16, 2017, 10:00:00 AM
Only War is a 40k system rpg corebook, where you play as members of a squad from an Imperial Guard regiment.

To fill the numbers of the squad, each PC generally gets an NPC 'Comrade', essentially an extra in the story of the main characters in the squad and generally used as meat-shields for the PCs or in the firing line when the Commissar (btw, whilst the game generally functions best as the GM playing the Commissar, PCs can choose to be a Commissar as a playable role) needs to BLAM someone for morale...  ::)

It goes out of print next month, sadly. However it's a great find for an I.G fan as it's filled with cool art of both male and female Militarum members (quite a lot of lady IG members in there, actually) and it has all the canon Regiments in there (like Cadia) and options to make your own custom ones up.

As for the course the PCs are generally pretty weak, though they have access to a surprising amount of gear, with it possible to play the game with the squad carting about in a Leman Russ tank and shelling the crap out of everything safe inside a metal box, though a better game is the Mechanised Infantry choice, letting the gang have a much less OP Chimera to act as their mobile home-base, a lil like Pequod from MGS5.

Oh and you can also have your PC be an Ogryn, Wyrdvane Psyker or Ratling as a class, same as a Techpriest Enginseer, if wanted.

I'd run a Fall of Cadia as a Line Infantry campaign for the proper thematic themes you'd be after.

Huh..that actually sounds really good and like it might work for this :)  I approve ^_^

Thought it might work with those of various different groups and maybe some vehicles. I can see a lot of scurrying and retreating, with some unable to find their units and just joining up with whatever other I.G. that they can find, that way if someone really wants ot be like a Vostroyan, they can and its still acceptable :P

wander

The main issue if using the 40k system would be for people that have access to the book. It's getting to be quite the rare purchase now too, for those who don't have it.

The system itself is easy enough (d100 roll under system, similar to Call of Cthulhu) though you'd need to have the character creation rules to know what your chosen character is skilled at and what they're less good at.

Whilst I can easily copy-paste Cadia's Regiment bonuses for characters here (just a couple of paragraphs of things the party and their comrades all have access to), I can't really paste the entire character creation chapter here.

Anyway, the way Regiment rules work is getting a few bonus things for your already generated character, so you could in effect have a character from any world or background, any unit or what have you and placed into the current Regiment.

Lustful Bride

Maybe we should streamline it, go more freeform with only minor system elements? Or just have a super easy system?

wander

On looking to narrow things down and streamlining the 40k system, it works quite similarly to FATE Core or FATE Accelerated. Either could work for this actually.

Both of the FATE systems (Accelerated is a rules-lite version of Core) can be found for download here legally for free;

http://www.faterpg.com/2013/the-new-era-of-fate-is-here/

Lustful Bride

Quote from: wander on January 16, 2017, 11:02:19 AM
On looking to narrow things down and streamlining the 40k system, it works quite similarly to FATE Core or FATE Accelerated. Either could work for this actually.

Both of the FATE systems (Accelerated is a rules-lite version of Core) can be found for download here legally for free;

http://www.faterpg.com/2013/the-new-era-of-fate-is-here/

I just don't know, a System game tends to (from what I have seen) Become more focused on the dice than the story :/

wander

FATE is the most narrative you can get and still keep people happy as let's be fair, there's gonna be lots of combat and not everyone is going to be making out the other end, heroes and villians are both gonna fall and legends are going to be coming out of this the other side. I'd want to avoid god-modding in a game like that, ride the risk of the narrative and see where it leads. At the very least it keeps things fair.

Of course at the end of the day, it's your idea to run through... Though I've yet to be in a game with freeform combat and be happy with it.

Lustful Bride

I still say this could work with a very light system. Im just not sure what comparison to be drawn. Giving the characters S.P.E.C.I.A.L. skills ala Fallout is the best way I can think to compare it.

Still hope this will get enough interest/a good GM :P

greypsychman

I would be interested in the game.

I do have a bunch of the Only War books as pdf's and could answer questions if you have them.

I am also fine with playing the game free form and focusing more on the characters and their interactions than the mechanics combat or skill use.

Lustful Bride

Bump.

Been getting a craving to purge the Heretic and the Xenos in the name of the Emperor!  ;D We cant let those Space Marines get all of the glory.

Primarch

If there is still an interest here I would be delighted to get in on it. Happy to play freeform (also my preference) but willing to take the Only War approach too. 

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Primarch on December 17, 2017, 10:29:17 AM
If there is still an interest here I would be delighted to get in on it. Happy to play freeform (also my preference) but willing to take the Only War approach too.

Its always open and as I mentioned I would be happy to be a Co GM, but I am not a very good primary GM :/

Primarch

I had intended to try and sit back and just enjoy things a player this time around but if it would get the ball rolling I wouldn't mind doing a split GM approach.

Norsegod1839

If you don't mind a newbie to all this stuff I would love to jump in! I love a good last stand story!

Primarch

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Primarch on December 17, 2017, 03:36:04 PM
This game is now being advertised here and open to character submission:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279912.0

Thank you for letting us know Primarch! I will check it out as soon as I can!