Heavy Rain *NO SPOILERS*

Started by Aragem, February 24, 2010, 10:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

I have just finished Heavy Rain and I am emotionally drained. . . .I have never played a video game that has touched me so emotionally and with such turmoil.  The decisions I was forced to make were raw and harsh and I had NO idea which route I wanted to go.

It was far more complex than the moral decisions of Mass Effect 2.  You aren't a soldier trying to save the galaxy, you were a normal person trying to save a child's life.  I have no idea if I got the best ending or not.  That is how complex this game is. 

I'm gearing up for another play through. . .  .

Destiny Ascension

DO WANT!

As soon as I get paid, Heavy Rain is MINE!  8-)
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Wolfy

I'll get it eventually. o3o FFXIII and Pokemon SoulSilver are just over the horizon, so I'm kinda saving up for those..

Professor Loki Caprion

I just finished Heavy Rain for the first time earlier this afternoon, and have been dutifully ignoring every message board that may have anything to say about it (including not coming to this thread when a friend told me it existed).

This game was so very intense, to me, that at several points I actually had to take a break after only one scene of playing, because my hands were shaking from what I'd just seen. It's absolutely incredible, and I've never played anything quite like it. Highly recommended to anybody who has a PS3 and is tired of all the twitch-gaming of modern times, instead craving a good story with moral dilemmas.
The Professor is drifting through time and space...

Discord: Professor Ravenhurst#8936

Ons/Offs | Ideas | A&As (Apr 28, 2016) | The Lab | Elluiki

Aragem

I loaned my PS3 to a friend just so he can rent and play the game.  I highly recommended it to him.

Professor Loki Caprion

Quote from: Aragem on February 28, 2010, 02:57:54 AM
I loaned my PS3 to a friend just so he can rent and play the game.  I highly recommended it to him.

You're a better friend than I. I'm rabidly guarding my PS3 until I can get the Platinum trophy for Heavy Rain. After all, it's the only game that I can possibly get such a trophy for!

Aragem

Wow, good luck.  I think they they have a guide out for Heavy Rain because of spoilers and they want people to discover for themselves the consequences and rewards for actions.

Professor Loki Caprion

Quote from: Aragem on February 28, 2010, 01:24:40 PM
Wow, good luck.  I think they they have a guide out for Heavy Rain because of spoilers and they want people to discover for themselves the consequences and rewards for actions.

The only one I forsee having any trouble with is the one that requires manual dexterity rather than making the right choices. Those kinds of achievements are why I'm so hard-pressed to get 100% completion in most games.

Aragem

I really hope Quantic Dream will release another game like Heavy Rain.

Not a sequel mind you.  I think Heavy Rain is a decent game that should stand alone without any sequels.

But another game, with the same mechanics, different characters, and different mystery would be great!

Professor Loki Caprion

Quote from: Aragem on February 28, 2010, 01:39:47 PM
I really hope Quantic Dream will release another game like Heavy Rain.

Not a sequel mind you.  I think Heavy Rain is a decent game that should stand alone without any sequels.

But another game, with the same mechanics, different characters, and different mystery would be great!

Yeah, a sequel wouldn't make much sense for this game. Though I like the DLC "prequel" thing they may be doing. It'll be good to see more sides to the characters.

I love Madison!

Aragem

Shall I create a Heavy Rain *SPOILERS* thread so we can openly discuss the game?

Professor Loki Caprion

Quote from: Aragem on February 28, 2010, 01:46:58 PM
Shall I create a Heavy Rain *SPOILERS* thread so we can openly discuss the game?

Yes, please do!!! Then I can talk about all the stuff I can't with other fans who haven't beat it!

Aragem

OKay, I created a thread for Heavy Rain with spoilers.  So if you haven't played the game, steer clear.

PandaPuff

Absolutely love the game. I beat it in 2 days and I can say that I didn't get emotional about it, but I was upset at points. I made sure I got the happiest ending as well!

Wolfy