The Gladiator Circuit: Races to Die for.

Started by Urbanzorro, September 01, 2009, 01:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

It’s the year 2230, society as we know it is no more. The works of a man named Maxamilian Arturo have cemented the idea of social Darwinism in the world’s collective mindset. The strong rule by the only right there is, the right of power. Forget the right of the people, the meek have not inherited the earth, they are little more than the toy’s of the powerful. Unless one is ruthless or quite skilled there is no upward mobility in society. In this grim time the powers that be have seen fit to insure the pacification of the people by employing new methods of entertainment. Most popular of which is a sport which is a combination of gladiatorial combat, reality tv, and motorcycle racing. Any and all can enter, riding any and all forms of vehicle. The rules on the track are simple, there are none….will you join the race?

Character creation App
Rider
Name
Physical Description (pictures preferred)
Biography

Ride
Name
Description (picture for actual looks of it, and words for its capabilities/history/weapon load out)
Weapon Power
Armor
Maneuverability
Top Speed
Acceleration
Durability
(For stats you assign a numerical value that will add up to no more than 10)

Bike parameters 1. Must be science based. 2. Must NOT be invulnerable in any way. 3. Must be generally motorcycle-ish.(side cars are allowed) 4 Must have an open cockpit 5. Must be a one or two person
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Rider
Name: John Williams
Age 25 Years old
Ethnicity White/10%Native American
Physical Description http://roy7zen.deviantart.com/art/Ash-Williams-68899987
Biography: John had been an average man for most of his life, he worked at a job he hated for a man he despised. And let his days pass him by, dreaming of better things. He always pictured himself as the hero, saving the people, getting the girl, the fame, but instead he just spent the day working at a department store showing old folks where to find the adult diapers and such. Until one day he finally had enough. He quit, told his boss exactly what to do with it….and used his savings to buy three things, a chain saw, a cycle, and a Double Barrel Shotgun. With his new equipment he set off to gain fame and fortune the only way a poor slob like him could….the Death Races.

Ride
Name: Kanada 351-Edge
Description:
A straight forward ride, the Kanada is based off of technology that has withstood the test of time. Infused with cutting edge design specifications, and a user friendly control set up. It is an excellent choice for both experienced riders, and anyone who just wants to try out the hobby. Due to its original placement as a civilian motor cycle it is bereft of  onboard weaponry, but it makes up for this with the fact that a lack of such weaponry allows for a more advanced control package as well as a larger engine. Due to it’s lack of weaponry John carry’s both a double barrel shotgun, which he affectionately calls his “boomstick” , and a industrial strength monomolecular bladed chainsaw.
Weapon Power  2
Armor  0
Maneuverability 2
Top Speed  3
Acceleration 2
Durability  1

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

thewhitedusk

Biker

Name: Ami Blake
Ethnicity: Korean
Physical Description:

Amy's left arm is cybernetic, covered in artificial flesh.  On her right shoulder is the tattoo of her biker gang in the ghettos.
Biography:  Amy was born to a poor family in the ghettos.  With her family having no power or wealth, they were in some of the worst parts.  At the age of five her parents were killed.  She joined the Blade Angels biker gang then just to survive.  By seventeen she was their new leader.  Since then she has worked the races trying to gain them a better standing in the city so they can finally leave the ghettos.

Bike

Name: Black Angel (custom built)
Description:
  (Coloration slightly different, black where red and green where white, with the gang symbol on the back part in green)
The Black Angel is a custom built racer created from different parts by the Blade Angels. It is a bit beat up, but sturdy and reliable.  For steering your hands go into the parts attached to the back, also used for acceleration.  Controls are also on the handles in there for weapons.  There are four small guns, two on either side of the front wheel, and a blade that extends from either side in between the guns.  Those are it's only weapons, this bike light and built more for speed then combat.
Weapon Power: 1
Armor: 0
Maneuverability: 3
Top Speed: 3
Acceleration: 2
Durability: 1

TheVillain

Rider
Name: Pyro
Ethnicity: "64% chance of Caucasian, but unknown."
Physical Description: The man known as "Pyro" is a mystery. His previous identity is believed to be one of Arturo's mechanics for the races- ruled down to one of four actually. However, due to an explosion of unknown source, of the 4 possible men Pyro could be, the other 3 are dead and burned to the point DNA is impossible. SynSkin covers roughly 87% of his body, giving him an obviously fake look when viewed without his clothes. The SynSkin placed there to help him heal from third degree burns- for some reason this only seems to have sparked a fascination with fire if there wasn't one already. Thin build and on the short side, he is incapable of growing hair on 87% of his body and shaves the rest. When racing his racing suit carries a flame motive and is flame resistant.

Biography: The man known Pyro is an utter mystery. Found among the burning remains of one of Arturo's private bike garages- it is believed he was either one of his mechanics, one of his riders, or a mob arsonist sent to burn the building down. Either way, he survived mostly due to Arturo's fast response time- it is confirmed that Pyro had 3rd degree burns on 87% of his body- now replaced with SynSkin. As repayment for saving his life Arturo almost forced him to race in the Gladiator Circuit- and probably would have been forced if it hadn't been for a complete willingness. Now one of Arturo's house racers, a known pyromaniac, and rumor has it an arsonist on the side, Pyro's rides fast- and burns everything in his path to victory.

Ride
Name: "Torchsong"
Description: Deep cherry red with a flame motif for the paint job, "Torchsong" was definitely designed with an old Harley-Davidson Night Rod Special in mind. Heavily modified of course to also be incredibly fast even by league standards. So fast it's rumored to dodge bullets in fact. It's weapon's payload is on the light side-  mostly just consisting of a reservoir of an advanced form of napalm ignited by a laser. This napalm can be dispersed from the back of the bike or through a squirt nozzle used by the driver. A direct hit on another driver can kill them quickly, but aim is difficult
Armor: 0
Maneuverability: 2
Top Speed: 4
Acceleration: 2

[Question: Can upgrades be bought in game?]
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Pretty in Pink

Rider
Name: Jeremy Redcroft
Ethnicity: German
Physical Description:

Biography:
{WIP.  Will post when I have it finished.}

Ride
Name: Fenrir
Description:

Fenrir is a bike with a long history.  Jeremy won it on a borrowed bike, a bike that should have been ridden by a friend, until his friend was killed.  So Fenrir became his when he won.  Heavily modified already by the previous owner, Fenrir went through even MORE modifications when Jeremy got it, removing most of the armor and weaponry, to give a boost to Maneuverability and max capable speed.  Now, he's ready to run again, and this time, he's going to OBLITERATE the competition.
Armor: 1
Maneuverability: 3
Acceleration: 1
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

CurvyKitten

Character creation App

Rider
Name Vixen true name unknown ((OOC Llira Sidorov))

Age  22
Ethnicity Japanese/ and Russian
Physical Description
Biography Vixen's mother was a Japanese Gashia a true artist last of dieing art. Her father a Russian business man, or so the world would see. He was actually one of the worlds for most assains. He had one thing that got to him in life and that was Vixen and her mother. He kept the secret kept them hidden, hoping that his life and his love would be kept apart. But soon enough he killed the wrong mark, they sent their own killer. But when they came they didn't find her father they found her mother. She had hidden Vixen and made the murder think she was alone. Seeing her mother die before her eyes was almost to much for her. When her father came back and found her he burned the house and ran. Raising her in secret he gave her the name she now carries Vixen....and trained her in everything that he knew hoping that it would be enough to protect her. No one knows who she is and where she comes from her history her skills are all a mystery. And that is the way she likes it. Any one asks where was born she always smiles and answer, “Section 44” and laughs.  She always has blades on her somewhere, and her two favorite handguns that her father gave her on her at all times.

Ride
Name   Striker
Description Her bike is much like she is sleek and secret you don’t know what she can do till it’s all to late.

E.M.P._Sorenson Series MM834 Weapon disabling pulse rifle] temporarily disrupts all weapons systems on targeted bike. The Pulse rifle utilizes the latest in on board energy suspension technology. Drawing a relatively low charge from the bike's battery, a dynamo fly wheel is rotated at high speed, charging a single cell with enough power to deliver one shot from the Electro Pulse. The process can then be repeated. The rifle itself, once prepped to fire, lays down a tightly focused electromagnetic lattice forward of the emitter cowling, allowing the pulse to be effectively aimed. This replaces the old generic field pulse that could easily have affected team-mates as well as opponents. The Electro Pulse takes several seconds to recharge between shots.
RAIL GUN Double barrel one on each side of the bike_[Kraft and Wentner model-57 heavy assault system]
High powered thermal blaster; causes terrific damage to all in its path. A devastating weapon designed to penetrate even the toughest armor. First used in Gladiator Circuit
by the TerraNova team in 2227, the XGA were rendered powerless to take disciplinary action due to the public adulation of such a weapon. Following the first Rail Gun related fatality in early 2228 the XGA forced the teams to adopt the less powerful model 57 in place of the mighty 63 series. The rail gun takes a moment to charge up, accelerating an electrodynamic flywheel, to generate a high frequency laser that is fired from the gun barrel to superheat the air in the projectile's path. Simultaneously, the 5mm solid xenon core in the round chamber is superheated to white hot plasma. The solid xenon round is contained in a shell of silicon carbide infused alloy, which rapidly vaporized on firing, releasing the superheated Xenon plasma. The plasma has little time to dissipate before it hits its target, causing maximum devastation.

Weapon Power2
Armor1
Maneuverability2
Top Speed3
Acceleration1
Durability1
(For stats you assign a numerical value that will add up to no more than 10)

Bike parameters 1. Must be science based. 2. Must NOT be invulnerable in any way. 3. Must be generally motorcycle-ish.(side cars are allowed) 4 Must have an open cockpit 5. Must be a one or two person

Urbanzorro

Will probably start up a thread in a bit, wonder if we can get any more players. also an explination of how to decide who wins a race will be in the main thread.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Pretty in Pink

Rider
Name: Larena McKennit
Ethnicity: German
Physical Description:

Biography: Born Alyssa Redcroft, younger sister of Jeremy Redcroft, Larena was always referred to as Alyssa.  Until the day she joined the Death Race circuit.  At that point, on Jeremy's request, she took on an assumed name, so that no one would connect the two of them, and target her for his good luck with the races.  Now, she races just like her older brother, the prize money more than enough to keep their parents well-cared for.

Ride
Name: Nightmare (AIZ-2198)
Description:

(((Note that where the bike is white it is black, and where it is green it is orange)))
Designed by "Larena's" brother, Jeremy, Nightmare was made for defense, speed, and maneuverability, on the precept of what you can't outrun, you have to be able to endure.  No one knows that "Larena" is really Jeremy's brother, but what neither of them realize is that they've been assigned to the same house in the new circuit.  But the bike was made even in spite of this to protect his sister, and keep her alive no matter what.
Weapon Power: 0
Armor: 3
Maneuverability: 2
Acceleration: 1
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP