INTEREST CHECK: City of the Drow (reboot) 3.5 DnD [14/?? spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, September 29, 2011, 06:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esclavage

Quote from: Kunoichi on October 04, 2011, 11:30:18 PM
Really?  My copy of the book only lists Cautious Attack as a prerequisite feat.

Ah, and PaleEnchantress is correct.  Practiced Spellcaster is a feat that you'd find very useful.

You're correct, Kunoichi.  But if you look, Cautious Attack has the prerequisite of Dodge as a feat.   So you need Dodge, then Cautious Attack.  But I do agree that Practiced Spellcaster is a nice feat and potential an interesting choice to help buff Lird'yl's weaker casting side.  Darkstalker is also very useful because it does supplement well with the Eye of Lolth's Hide in Plain Sight Ability.  The other feat I thought would be also somewhat cool is Hand Crossbow focus since it'd make it so Quick Loading wasn't necessary.

And I think, ofDelusions, although I may be wrong that the death strike bracers are found in the Magic Item Compendium.  That or Drows of the Underdark.

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Chloe Milev

Well, if you want a vote on feat progression from me, I guess I'd actually say no, keep 3.5 progression.  While I would be okay with some of the actual Pathfinder feats, the different mechanics such as more feats or different skills should be kept out (unless we were doing a straight Pathfinder game, which I don't think we will at this point).
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Snake

Personally ONE pathfinder feat should be included. Deadly Aim (makes Archery or use of crossbows MUCH more feasiable. it's basically power attack for ranged weapons.)

ofDelusions

As someone who will targetting flat-footed touch ac most of the time...

I like the sound of that feat xD

Still voting no though :P

Zaer Darkwail

5 votes against pathfinder feat progress.

5 votes for pathfinder feat progress (counting in the player who desires the pathfinder feats and who has not yet posted vote for it).

Even again lol!

Anyways one player raised concern regarding the matron house holds as with present amount of gold from landlord and even with discount the walls will cost a lot money....so I make ruling that you do not need to spend gold to purchase the walls so long they are masonry (superior) in quality and you pay for the room component for them. Masonry (reinforced) would ask you spend 1,000gp per space where it applies (and recommend mostly for free standing walls but can also do exterior walls as what more space you got that less you pay for exterior walls as interior walls start matter more in bigger size).

If want do some other walls (wall of force or wall made from ice or rough hewn stone) the prices are same altough in hewn stone you get them free as usual for underground stronghold.

esclavage

So for example, if I buy the component bedroom suite, fancy the walls come for free and are masonry (superior).  If I want reinforced masonry walls I paid an additional 1,000 gp.  And if I am building underground, then hewn stone walls are free.

Oh and can someone explain what a freestanding wall is?  I have the impression they are a wall unconnected to anything so if you wanted a connecting wall for two guard towers, you would buy a freestanding wall to join them.

Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!

Zaer Darkwail

Freestanding wall is basically the outer physical wall structure around the buildings in castles. You know, the walls where guards patrol atop and guard posts are placed and also main gate. But it's not neccesary though but it could be added as extra measure of security against invading force and intruders (and force them use levitation or flight or climb over the wall before able reach house building walls). Superior walls are smooth/slippery in surface and stronger than regular walls. But reinforced walls have lot more HP but have rougher texture.

PaleEnchantress

I totally vote for a feat every odd level rather then a feat every 3 levels. Feats are such a character defining tool that an extra one or two always help flesh things out and make up for useless feat taxes (like esclavage and dodge). You already knew where my vote was though. Since flaws are banned this seems a fairly even handed method.

All that math for house creation makes my brain fuzzy!

Also whats the stat generation method for followers? I was thinking 28 point buy seemed reasonable, though regardless of what method used even the level 6 ones wont be any threat to the PC's.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

All PC classed followers (mostly drow) have elite stat array while rest have average stat array (both found in MM).

Snake

Hey can somsone do me a favor? Can someone go to Myth-weavers and tell me in PM if it's working for them? I'ts not for me. and I have a char to post up for this particular RPthere.

PaleEnchantress

Myth weavers seems down, if you did extensive edits to your character wait to save them....

Snake

Nah. it's the Zaer asked me to post my Erinyes on there. I could post it up here or something though but it'd take a while. XD a level 38 char or so... or 42 *laugh* I dunno.

AngelicBlade

Yes, as I've explained to Zaer, I don't hate gays and I'm fine with it to a degree, but when it starts to get sexual that's when I run....for the lava...?

PaleEnchantress

So far the male on male action has two women driving it. *cackles*

Karasu

SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Zaer Darkwail

Here it is peeps, the OOC thread for the game. As it stands now we got +14 peeps coming to the game and I accept them all in atm so feel free move your post spamming into OOC there and even start IC interaction in the game threads. I just need matron mothers and the PC area owners send me in PM description of their own thread area (so I can edit my first post in there proper fashion).

Surprise game start cookie for GM anyone? I will send poke PM for everyone now also but anyone who has not yet charsheet done yet post it in HERE before you go rush to game OOC thread. game OOC thread is not meant to be char approval process area, this present thread is char approval area.

esclavage

*drops off a box of cookies for Zaer along with a chain gang of captured, nubile, virginal, elven honeypots awaiting despoilment*

Thanks a ton, Zaer, now I have to finish redesigning my House ASAP.  But that is a good thing in my case.  And I will work on a description for you to put up this evening or tomorrow.

Karasu

SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

PaleEnchantress

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: esclavage on October 06, 2011, 06:35:22 AM
*drops off a box of cookies for Zaer along with a chain gang of captured, nubile, virginal, elven honeypots awaiting despoilment*

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on October 06, 2011, 09:16:44 AM
Cookies for Dm <3

*noms the cookies while elven honeypots had been ordered lick and nib crumbs from his naked body*

CarnivorousBunny

I am tentatively interested.  I've always wanted to play D&D, but I can't say I'm too familiar with the fine details and mechanics.  =/ Will it be too much hassle for me to join with training wheels on? xD
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, the game is not quite beginner friendly as there are lots of mechanism and terms involved and if your not familiar with drows and their culture it is kind of double penalty. But if your willing to endure a hammering of the rules nor afraid to ask in OOC 'What I roll now? Or what I do now?' and read one or two novels while learning the rules then welcome in :).

CarnivorousBunny

Yeah! I noticed how complex it is.  I have an idea of what drow culture is like, but again I'm not familiar with the fine details.  I am, however, very willing to learn.

What novels are we talking about here?  >_>
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

PaleEnchantress