The Demons Wars (post-apocalyptic action)

Started by elfguy, November 28, 2018, 12:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

The Gods were fairly satisfied with the human race. These beings were violent, but lately they had managed to surpass their base nature and become civilized, working on science and technology to advance their society. There hadn't been a need for the Parthenon to involve itself into the affairs of the Earth in thousands of years. But that made the Gods complacent, and this is the exact moment when the demons decided to attack. The assault was swift and terrible. They invaded the Heavens and killed all of the Gods, before moving to attack the Earth. Thrown in disarray, the angels tried desperately to fight back, but without the Gods, moral had suffered. Meanwhile the humans had built advanced weapons, but those were painfully inadequate against demons with magical powers. Soon enough, the Earth looked like a war zone, then it was devastated.

Now, only ruined cities remain, and most humans had been killed. The survivors have to fight daily against the hordes of demons to survive. Both the angels and humans fought the demons, however witnessing the devastation made any hope for success dim. So it was mostly a day to day affair, trying to survive and push back the invasion as much as they could. Worse of all, the two sides didn't trust each other. Humans didn't trust angels, since the saw them as egotistic supernatural beings without any real interest in seeing the Earth saved, while the angels took humans are children without any real uses. Until the two sides teamed up, it was unlikely that the war would be won.

For this RP I'd like people to play a character in one of the two available factions: Angels and humans. Angels are by nature much more powerful, but they are egotistic and lack common sense, having lived all of their lives in the paradise of the Heavens. They also suffered a major blow to their moral when the Gods died. Humans are much more grounded in reality, not having seen any real evidence of the Gods or angels before this war, and they have a vested interest in saving the Earth, which gives them a boost in moral. However they don't have any magical power and are much weaker than a demon or angel. Anyone will be free to play their character as a solo fighter or join with some other characters, although keep in mind that the two factions mistrust each other, so IC work would be needed for the two sides to gain some trust. Anyone is free to create demon attacks and play any demon NPC as needed, and I do encourage romance/sex play, however it should be kept realistic since having sex in the open in the middle of a war zone may not go very well. Hopefully the diplomacy between the various characters as well as the action of demon attacks will keep this interesting. The locale will be NYC and the surroundings. Ideally I would like a somewhat balanced crew of 3-8 people. Let me know if you have any question.

Character sheet:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name:
Faction: human/angel
Power: (angel only)
Equipment:
Bio:
Image:

https://guerrillaworldpress.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/post_apocalyptic_the_last_of_us_1680x1050_11923.jpg
----

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

elfguy

Great to see some interest! I'll go ahead and post my character in the hope that more will follow!

Name: Valeria
Faction: Angel
Powers: Flight, extreme strength, mind control (over lower demons only)
Equipment: Valeria carries very little, being an angel. She has a skimpy metal armor adorned with silk straps, and uses a long lance in battle. Being an angel, she has no need for supplies or food.
Bio: Valeria was one of the elder angels, a powerful being assigned to the Gods directly as one of their protectors. She saw the attack against the Parthenon from the start and has fought the demons for longer than most. She blames herself for the death of the Gods and has grown somewhat bitter as a result. Still, she is very focused on her work and spends her time killing as many demons as possible, which makes her a tremendous foe, however it does blind her to alternative methods, focusing instead on melee combat. Now she is just one of the angels fighting on Earth, since the power structure means very little without the Parthenon to enforce it. She used to enjoy the finer things in life like a walk on a cloud or enjoying the sunset with friends, but hasn't had time for that in a long while. She has an athletic body and has a reputation among other angels for being one of the strongest in a brawl, however her magical abilities are average at best.
Image: https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/06c16d28-cd3e-4d0b-99e6-f90aed576383/d954n6b-25ddc202-7e27-414a-8e22-9c9a1feb36d5.jpg/v1/fill/w_1192,h_670,q_70,strp/nicole_by_krysdecker_d954n6b-pre.jpg
----

TheHangedOne

So, me and Amarlo were tossing around an idea. It's stated that there are tensions between angels and humans, for pretty good reasons. But would 'guardian angels' exist? The idea we were thinking of is that I would be playing the human, and she would be playing as his guardian angel (designated or otherwise). Could be that first stepping stone of showing that the two can work together and not merely coexist.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

elfguy

The war has been going for a while so it's entirely likely that the two of you may have met before and formed a bond.
----