Strange Aeons (Pathfinder, LGBT+ friendly)

Started by TheKhan, October 21, 2018, 12:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

Alright so that gives us a bloodrager, a bard, a rogue, a Ranger-y-thing-y, and an Arcanist.

neat! That actually helps me a little bit!

ChaoticSky

Additional

NSFW Sample

Name: Kell
Alignment: CN
Race: Gnome
Background: Born and raised in Kaer Maga in Varisia, Kell is a child of the infamous Ankar-Te District where men and monsters mingle freely and necromancy is both common and widely accepted. Early in her life Kell discovered a... connection within herself from which divine power flowed. The flush of excitement form this discovery quickly turned to confusion when she tried praying as a cleric might and received no response... not even to her entreaties for them to tell her who they were so she could have a name to put in her prayers. She tried all the gods she thought herself compatible with and then every other deity she could name, before moving on to trying every god, goddess, demon or otherwise she could find record of. Nothing. And yet the connection in her soul thrummed with power, she found that with some small time to meditate she could restore her capacity for magic after resting. Furthermore, she found a strange duality to her power; she was drawn to the necromantic arts and could even seize control over nearby undead the way some clerics could. Yet, she could also heal others in the manner of clerics of much more wholesome deities. This only confused her more, since as far as she understood it these two traits were incompatible.

In the end, there was nothing she could do but seek answers. Sadly, the clerics of Urgathoa and similar deities of undeath who called the Ankar-Te home had little inclination to help a girl who didn't share their faith. While on the other hand, wielders of arcane magics could offer little more than platitudes since her magic was clearly divine in origin. This forced her to experiment on her own and lead to her spending alot of time on the Street of Little Gods in the Tarheel Promenade. Seeking faith and advice from those who's religions were small enough that they would try to help her on the off chance of conversion, Kell steadfastly developed her talents and sough to uncover the nature of the deity that gifted her with magic.

Sadly, while neither necromancy nor being confused of faith are illegal in the City of Strangers (very few things are), necromancy is not widely accepted outside of Ankar-Te. While inside of it she found herself a outsider even among necromancers due to standing apart from both Arcane casters and the clerics of Urgathoa. As a result she cant remember having any friends, her talents as a healer might have alleviated this... but no one really trusted a 'necromancer' to tend to the wounds of the living. Kell chose to see this as a good thing, a lack of distraction on her quest of discovery.

But after a couple years things start to get... fuzzy.

Personality: She would call herself a practical gnome. Possessing a quick wit, razor tongue and a sardonic sense of humour, she is the sort of person who comes off as being quite serious (especially for a gnome!) while quietly snickering at the antics or misfortune of others. Like all her kind she has a powerful desire to explore and learn and experience new things, tempered only a focus that can easily stray into the obsessive.

For much of her life... as far as she can remember, her particular need to discover her patron has trumped her wanderlust, allowing her to attend her experiments and research without wandering off.... as far as she knows. Though she has always been very comfortable with the necromantic arts that come so naturally to her, few others were as open minded and as a result she had few friends and was often lonely despite her claims to the contrary. Far from the crazed necromancer of folklore, Kell's interest in undeath is almost innocent, akin to the desire to see what is behind the next door. It doesnt imply any sort of disregard for the living.

In contrast to her memories, Kell often finds herself reflexively interested in socializing, parties and sensual escapades. Sex also seems to occupy more of her thoughts. These habits disturb her more than a little since she cannot figure out how the studious girl of her memories could have ended up as she is now.

Appearance: Kell is a female Gnome with well proportioned facial features, standing about three feet tall with pale skin and hair split between vibrant pink and jet back. Her eyes are heterochromatic, with one pink and one brown, though they seem to flash white when the light catches them just right, like a beast's. Her body, while short, is clearly that of an adult and is quite well developed, with all the right curves leading up to a full bust. Her figure is largely soft, lacking the muscle of more physical individuals, but doesn't have a surplus of body fat.

Though she doesn't remember getting any of them, her body now possesses a variety of tattoos and piercings. For the former, they are a mix of arcane designs, spell circles and sprawling necromantic formulae writ in spidery script that follows the curves of her body. They are all writ in black ink and centred on a large spiralled design in the middle of her back between her shoulder blades. Meanwhile, slimmer designs and script run along her arms and legs, curl up around her neck and down around her ribs towards the front, as well as straight down her spine. At leased some of these seem intentionally lurid in shape and placement. For the latter, she has onyx studs in her ears, along with a round metal stud sitting near the tip of her tongue, a pair of slim nipple rings with little spheres on the end and a navel stud with a onxy gem filling in her bellybutton and a small metal stud sitting in the flesh above it.

Aspirations
-Long: Uncover her memories. Hey, I am as curious as she is! Did she have a sexual awakening? A wild night that never ended? Did she fall into a rape pit and emerge changed? Find a man who molded her into a kinky slut? Join the faith of Shub Niggurath? I have no idea! But I look forward to finding out!
-Short:
-Short: Start a relationship, either with a party member or a recurring NPC. Primarily as a way to explore how different she is now from how she was before. Ideally a open but dedicated one where they are free to see other people (so it doesnt crimp any other fun that might be had) but where they consistently reunite to mix lust and romance. A dick-possessing partner would be ideal, but not required.

Sexuality: Confused. Previously straight, but since awakening women have also drawn her eye... possibly other, less humanoid things as well.

Sheety

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity:
Level: 1HD8 Oracle

Abilities

AttriScoreModMath
Str8-110(0point)-2(Race)
Dex13113(3point)
Con14212(2point)+2(Race)
Int10010(0point)
Wis10010(0point)
Cha18416(10point)+2(Race)

Derived Stats
Bab: +0
Fort: 2 (+0Class+2Con)
Ref : 1 (+0Class+1DexB)
Will: 2 (+2Class+0WisB)
CMB: -1 (+0BAB-1StrB)
CMD: 10 (10+0BAB-1StrB+1DexB)
AC : 13 (10+1DexB+2Armour)

HP: 10/10

Skills (4+int+2bg/lvl)
Bluff (Cha)
Craft [Tattoo] (Int): 6  [1sp+3+2trait]
Diplomacy (Cha): 8  [1sp+3+4ChaB]
Disguise (Cha)
Heal (Wis)
Intimidate (Cha)
Knowledge[history] (Int)
Knowledge[planes] (Int)
Knowledge[religion] (Int): 4  [1sp+3]
Perception (Wis): 4 [1sp+3]
Perform [Dance] (Cha): 8  [1sp+3+4ChaB]
Profession (Wis)
Sense Motive (Wis)
Spellcraft (Int)
Stealth (Dex)

Languages: Common, Gnome, Sylvan.

Features, Feats & Traits
Features
Gnome
Ability Score: +2 Cha/Con, -2 Str.
Type: Humanoid (Gnome)
Size: Small (+1 AC/Attack, -1CMB/CMD. +4 Stealth)
Speed: 20 ft.
Languages: Common, Gnome, Sylvan.
Low-Light Vision: Gnomes can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light
Keen Senses: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Obsessive: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on a Craft or Profession skill of their choice.
Fey Thoughts: Select two of: Acrobatics, Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Fly, Knowledge (nature), Perception, Perform, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Swim, or Use Magic Device. The selected skills are always class skills for the character. Replaces racial weapon familiarity
Illusion Resistance: Gain +2 racial saving throw bonus against illusion spells and effects.
Fell Magic: Gnomes add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against necromancy spells that they cast. Gnomes with Wis11+ gain the following SLA: 1/day—bleed, chill touch, detect poison, and touch of fatigue. DC:10+spell’s level+WisB. Replaces gnome magic.
Favoured Class: Oracle +1/2 lvl to Curse: +0lvl/+1SP/+0HP
Oracle
Proficiency: All simple weapons. Light & medium armour, shields (except tower).
Spells:Casts  divine spells from cleric spell list. Can cast any spell known without  preparing it. Must have Cha at least 10+spell level. DCs for a saves is 10+spell level+ChaB. Dont need a divine focus to cast spells with (DF) components.
Mystery: Bone
Class Skills: Bluff, Disguise, Intimidate, and Stealth
Spells: cause fear (2nd), false life (4th), animate dead (6th), fear (8th), slay living (10th), circle of death (12th), control undead (14th), horrid wilting (16th), wail of the banshee (18th).
Revelations (DC to save against revelations is 10+1/2 oracle lvl+ChaB)
-Undead Servitude (Su): Gain Command Undead as a bonus feat. You can channel negative energy a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier, but only to use Command Undead. You can take other feats to add to this ability, such as Improved Channeling, but not feats that alter this ability, such as Alignment Channel.
Oracle’s Curse (Ex): Lich
-Negative Energy Affinity: Heal from Negative and harmed by Positive.

Feats
-{Command Undead:
-Spell Focus[Necromancy]: +1 to DCs.

Traits
-Foe of the Strange: +1 on saves against Ex/SLA/SU abilities of Aberrations.
-Tattooed Focus: +2 Craft[Tattoo], is classskill.

Magic

Type: Divine
0 ∞
-Detect Magic
-Light
-Mending
-Vigor

1 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-{Cure Light Wounds
-Inflict Light Wounds
-Doom

Equipment
Equipment [16.5/-19.5, 19.75-39.75, 40-60 lbs]
Weapons
Punch Dagger (1d3 P. 3x20 crit. )

Armour
Leather (+2 AC. 7.5lbs)

Items

Misc [8.5 lbs]
Kit, Oracle's [4.75 lbs]
-Backpack
-Bedroll
-Belt Pouch
-a flint and steel
-Mess Kit
-Rope
-soap
-trail rations (5 days)
-Waterskin.
Kit, Courtesan's [3.75 lbs]
-a razor
-scented oils and salves
-fragrances
-a warming pot
-a variety of appealing outfits.
-Books of poetry, literature, and plays -often focusing on salacious topics and full of double entendres.

GM/Misc Stuff

Gold
+105
-Kit, Oracle's [9]
-Kit, Courtesan's [10]
-40 Salt [20]
-Punching dagger [2]
-leather armour [10]
>56

GM Notes
-i tossed the gear i didnt want out of my Kit, paid full, but want to save weight for huffing all the loot around :P
-While it probably wont come up in play, i am picturing her 'patron'...the mysterious thing on the other end of her connection that is giving her magic and mysteries, as something akin to the Brethern Moons from Dead Space, a hungry but distant entity that exists in a bizarre fusion of living and dead but beyond the accepted notions of undeath.

=shit for later
Bag Of Holding I
Bone Beads
Prayer Beads
Bone Razor
Caster's Tattoo
Collar of Unliving Servitude
Corpse Ferrying Bag
Headband of Alluring Charisma
Hypnotic Tattoo
Litheria Blossom
Mesmerizing Tattoo
Nail of blood
Needles of Fleshgraving
Spell Lattice
Ring of Protection
Portable Hole
Runeward Tattoo
Tattoo Guardian
Orange Prism Ioun Stone
Wayfinder, Smugglers or Ebon.
Magic Bedroll (Endure Elements. Heal classlvl HP in addition to normal for 8h sleep)

Mage's Tattoo
Inscribe Magical Tattoo
Craft Shadow Piercing
experimental spellcaster
Divine Protection
Glimpse Beyond
Death Field

Heighten
Intensify
Quicken
Bouncing

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 28, 2018, 08:48:53 PM
Please ignore the sheet for now. I am editing a existing sheet so i dont have to redo all the formatting. Ill remove this when its done. :3

Additional

NSFW Sample

Alignment: CN

No. I wanna know more about this hot gnoll..

Also.. I guess you could call my pirate 'Rangery' *sulks in corner*

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 29, 2018, 07:54:49 AM
No. I wanna know more about this hot gnoll..

Also.. I guess you could call my pirate 'Rangery' *sulks in corner*
Shes not a gnoll D:

Roleplay Frog

Fascinating. I misread gnome as gnoll. I wonder if I got some subconscious issues there...

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 29, 2018, 03:59:41 PM
Fascinating. I misread gnome as gnoll. I wonder if I got some subconscious issues there...
A gnoll is a hyena person thing.

Roleplay Frog

ChaoticSky

Mhmm, in other news i discovered a huge hole in my build (You need Channel to use Command Undead, but the sorc undead bloodline doesnt actually give you a channel exception the way wizard necroschool or oracle of bones do), so i have to swap Kell over to a different class. So i can make her a straight wizard or go back to Oracle, minor backstory changes will happen to suit.

Which imma think about tomorrow.

Incidentally TheKhan; Are we getting background skills? And do you think Kell will be interesting? Or should i try to make her more pizzazy when i reclass her? :-)

(also, it occured to me that if you want to try and drum up last minute interest, you might add something like 'still recruiting' to the title or the like.)

TheKhan

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 29, 2018, 10:38:24 PM
Mhmm, in other news i discovered a huge hole in my build (You need Channel to use Command Undead, but the sorc undead bloodline doesnt actually give you a channel exception the way wizard necroschool or oracle of bones do), so i have to swap Kell over to a different class. So i can make her a straight wizard or go back to Oracle, minor backstory changes will happen to suit.

Which imma think about tomorrow.

Incidentally TheKhan; Are we getting background skills? And do you think Kell will be interesting? Or should i try to make her more pizzazy when i reclass her? :-)

(also, it occured to me that if you want to try and drum up last minute interest, you might add something like 'still recruiting' to the title or the like.)

Well, I clearly got distracted by life and failed to drum up more interest. Hopefully the fact there were a number of you who posted sheets means we can get a stable game going. I'll get the OCC thread up tonight and hopefully we can get the IC going tomorrow.

As for Kell, I like her! She seems like an interesting character to toss into this particular story.

TheKhan

Unfortunately, one of our players has decided to drop out. Is there anyone who would be interested in joining this campaign?

PlushLifeNow

I'm definitely a fan of Eldritch Horror, so I would be down to join. Is there anything you want me to to propose for my character before you consider my joining?

TheKhan

Quote from: PlushLifeNow on December 07, 2018, 05:06:21 PM
I'm definitely a fan of Eldritch Horror, so I would be down to join. Is there anything you want me to to propose for my character before you consider my joining?

So of the challenge here is that continuity is important to Strange Aeons. Ideally, I'd like to find a way for someone to take over Joane rather than introduce a new PC, although I'm totally okay with  rebuilding the character stats and personality to make the character your own. So really it boils down to two key things:

• Appears female
  • Vaguely pirate-like

Please let me know if you think that may be workable. Game thread is here if you'd like to take a peak: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=295949.0

Rhynarion

I would still be interested in setting up a sheet, but not if I have  to play female/femboy.

TheKhan

Quote from: Rhynarion on December 08, 2018, 12:38:49 AM
I would still be interested in setting up a sheet, but not if I have  to play female/femboy.

That's totally understandable, and you know what? I have another way to make everything work out. Ignore my previous post. If you're interested, create the character you want from scratch.

Rhynarion

With no further interruptions, I present Taugh Sternfang, a Half-Orc so belligerent and frightening even the full-blooded Orcs of his tribe respected him.

Backstory
Taugh came into this world so silent that his Orcish father thought the human bore him a stillborn son. His genetics heavily favor his orcish heritage over the weak, human blood of his mother and never once has Taugh missed a chance to remind his fellow Orcs of that fact.

It is said that Taugh’s first words were a curse, delivered as his older brother attempted to drown him. His sibling feared his power then, the faerie-light in his eyes. Birds have hated Taugh from the first, and his answer to their scorn was to pluck, spit, and roast his father's prized hawk in retribution for some now-forgotten sleight.

His father adored him for his belligerence and turned a blind eye to his transgressions.

Meanwhile Taugh saw in his clan only things worthy of scorn. Everything they toiled for was a mere shadow of what lay beyond their reach in the free cities of man. Above all he hated winter, when the depravity and excess of his clan mates saw more and more of their number succumb to disease and starvation each year.

Taugh does not remember why he left, nor the past several years beside; the worrying ache in the pit of him concerns him. It is an alien thing, with his memories stripped as they are. Of it he can only tell that he is somehow less while it is unfulfilled.

There are more pressing matters to attend to now.

He can taste the violence in the air.

Chanticleer

Hello! I should have something finished by this evening.
My current O/os (need work)

Chulanowa

Well, shoot. What i was working on just wasn't turning out in a way that I was liking  :-\  That sort of "mechanics not meeting the concept" issue.

Ah well.

Chanticleer

Alright, here's "Joane."

She's a little shorter, a little more bloodthirsty, a little less Captain Jack Sparrow, and a little more intense.

"Fragments of the Sea" <-- I love this phrase. It just tripped off of my keyboard during writing.

Need to do something about that picture, though. It's hard to find piratey gnomes!

Memories: Joane remembers little of her childhood, save a fishing boat, long hours repairing nets and hauling them…And her father’s festering hatred of his bastard daughter. She looked nothing like her parents’ other children, and her mother’s protests at his accusations did nothing more than make her father’s behavior more cruel.

She remembers running away. She remembers fragments of the sea, and larger ships…Fighting across their rails and decks and watching them sink.

She knows she can climb rigging like a frenzied monkey and balance along a line above a swaying ship at sea. She can tie knots that she can’t name, and knows all their uses, but she can’t remember what ship she served aboard, nor who taught her.

Someone’s missing. Someone she cares about so much that it hurts. Can’t be her family; she hates them…

She remembers the taste of blood in her mouth, and her own fear and horror at realizing how delicious it was.

And…This is no memory, but the now…The knowledge that she wants more of the luxuriously rich, warm fluid. Its lack makes her feel sick inside, hungry and thirsty in a way that no food or drink can sate.

And, somehow, she knows exactly how to change her body to get it.

Personality: Joane is a bit boisterous in a somewhat blowhard-ish fashion, but she can deliver on just enough of her claims to make doubters cautious. Some things she’s sure about to the point of cockiness…Others, she just doesn’t know what she knew or could do. She’s not gregarious, and is slow to trust, yet seems more comfortable in a group. She seems drawn to violence with an eagerness and relish for combat that secretly bothers her.

Appearance: Joane is shorter! She’s a gnome, with skin so fair as to be almost translucent. About as tall and as slender as a female gnome gets, but a gnome nonetheless. Black haired, black eyed, boyishly dressed in disheveled sailor’s clothing, but with piecemeal leather armor which seems more appropriate to marine infantry. Her ears are long even for a gnome, and her canines are just enough longer than normal to catch the eye.

In her skin, she’s small-breasted, slim-hipped, and there’s a rather splendid tattoo on her upper left arm of a kraken pulling a ship below the waves.

Occasionally she gets fuzzier and pointier, particularly in the dental sense. She doesn’t like this anymore than you do, probably.

Aspirations:
Blood. Why does she need it? Why does she need so much of it?! This can’t be healthy.
Who did she love? What happened to them?
Less important, what’s happened to her?! Why is she here? Why can she turn into…What she turns into?

Sexuality: She doesn’t feel particularly more drawn towards males or females, but there’s definitely a needy, aggressive hunger in her. Not like what she feels for blood, of course…Nothing else comes close to that.

Sheet and OOC things

Mythweaver's Sheet

Race: While she has gnome ancestry (and appearance). Joane is a bloodmarked skinwalker. Somewhere in her ancestry is an unknown werebat, and she’s paying the genetic price in being blood-thirsty (literally!) and drawn to violence and cruelty. The rules for werebat-kin Skinwalkers don’t give any mechanics for this, but the fluff makes it sound like an addiction, so that’s how I intend to play it. She has her own personal journey of horrific discovery to grapple with in addition to whatever the AP may add to it.

Bloodlust: As a bloodmarked, Joane finds blood delicious. REALLY delicious. She treats it as a mild addiction.

Young Love: Once upon a time, Joane was in love with...Someone. Guess how she got her first real taste as one of the bloodmarked? Oops.
My current O/os (need work)

TheKhan

Thank you both!

After consultation get with the players, I am going to bring Chanticleer's take on Joane into the game. Please post your character sheet in the OCC Thread then feel free to post in-character as well.