Pathfinder Adventurer's Guild-Interest Check

Started by kckolbe, September 23, 2013, 09:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

Some good points.  Ghostwheel was already thinking of an NPC rule for inactivity during combat, so I think that will be a plan.  We'll do some kinda vote for 24 or 48 hours.  As you've seen, we have different times for availability, so one of us should always be on.

As far as pvp, I am inclined to agree that directly screwing over fellow PCs generally ends badly.  I am disinclined to outright rule against it, so I am thinking of just making a guild rule about certain conduct resulting in serious IC penalties for offenses.  Would that sound all right to folks?

Also, I greatly enjoy "political pvp."
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Florence

That sounds good to me!

-dances in place waiting for this rp cause impatient and excited- xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Countdown0

I'm fine with the rules for interaction between players as well.

Any ideas on what the rules of character creation will be, or is that a surprise?
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

EroticFantasyAuthor

IC conduct rules and penalties sound awesome.

kckolbe

Character creation rules aren't a surprise, but have not been discussed yet.  The best I can say is that you will start low level.

When the recruiting thread is posted in a few days, you will see all of that information posted.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Countdown0

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

kckolbe

So, as I continue to discuss house rules with the other GMs, is there anything to you folks, the players, that you want to see?  It can be a tone, a type of adventure, a type of setting...just let me know.  I am a big fan of ooc coordination, and those who have played my games know that I tend toward fairly ambitious games that cater to player styles.

As for the House rules, I am open to ideas as well.  Right now we are discussing options to make crafting more profitable/useful, as well as allowed classes.  I can say that as far as races go, it will probably be a short list...likely core races with a few other fitting ones, but I don't want too exotic a group since I want the majority of the players to be able to comfortably work in the major cities.

Intro Thread

Florence

Quote from: kckolbe on September 26, 2013, 09:03:04 AM
So, as I continue to discuss house rules with the other GMs, is there anything to you folks, the players, that you want to see?  It can be a tone, a type of adventure, a type of setting...just let me know.  I am a big fan of ooc coordination, and those who have played my games know that I tend toward fairly ambitious games that cater to player styles.

As for the House rules, I am open to ideas as well.  Right now we are discussing options to make crafting more profitable/useful, as well as allowed classes.  I can say that as far as races go, it will probably be a short list...likely core races with a few other fitting ones, but I don't want too exotic a group since I want the majority of the players to be able to comfortably work in the major cities.

Hmmm, well, if I'm playing Meredith, just some chances to use my bardic skills and charisma would be nice. She's not a whore, though :U So, she's not going to bed everyone convenient for her, but that doesn't mean she won't lead them on, or use her charm to get what she needs. Humans find her pretty, she knows this.

So I guess... some adventures that lean more towards the social and sneaky than outright bloody warfare. That's fine too, and Meredith packs a crossbow to deal with those situations, but some jobs where, maybe they have to steal something during a fancy ball. Of course, I'm sure we'll have big muscular 'Krug smash' types as well, so I'm not saying every mission needs to be like that, but throw the bard a bone, ya know.

As for house rules, I would just suggest being caution not to let anything too gamebreaking slip by. Crafting does sound fun though.

I know the idea of multiple characters was already brought up, but I figured I'd bring up the idea of having multiple characters on the grounds that maybe you can only have one one a mission at time. This way players could take part in certain missions that perhaps one of their characters wouldn't fair so well in. Of course, I can see the downsides of this as well, but I figured I'd bring it up for consideration. I admit, its mostly selfish because as committed as I am to playing Meredith, the idea of a half-orc rogue or a dwarven fighter are pretty tempting.

Still, I can stick to Meredith if I must :P

Also, what of prestige classes? If they're allowed, I'll likely groom Meredith to become a Pathfinder Chronicler.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

EroticFantasyAuthor

As far as I am concerned, more options is always better.

One of the concepts I've been considering is a Vishkanya(From Advanced Race Guide) Sorcerer with the Serpent Bloodline. Would that be too exotic? Basically medium humanoid with snake-like features and scales. What about making the setting more cosmopolitan?

If a more erotic tone/theme is wanted/decided on for some groups, I would then be interested in playing some type of elven "sex mage"

Ghostwheel

I don't think that would be a problem based on what we've discussed thus far.

Blinkin

Bring on the telflings... lol

I would prefer something more in the social aspects as well. Urban or wilds are as good as anything else, but I enjoy the role-playing of social situations and intrigues over combat driven... not that I mind combat. lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

kckolbe

Thus far I am looking at a few different modules and adventure paths that I find interesting.  ALL of them feature dungeons/houses/wilderness maps that are a pain, but they all also have challenges that can be solved without fighting, and still award experience, which I like.  Sometimes, the only way to get extra experience involves social/investigation skills.

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on September 26, 2013, 01:45:47 PM
Also, what of prestige classes? If they're allowed, I'll likely groom Meredith to become a Pathfinder Chronicler.

I will strongly ask that you not try to plan out your char in advance.  That is a personal preference more than actual rule, though.  As for your actual question, http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes all seem fine enough, and that includes the Pathfinder Chronicler.

As for Vishkanya, what kind of poison is used for this ability?
Toxic (Ex): A number of times per day equal to its Constitution modifier (minimum 1/day), a vishkanya can envenom a weapon that it wields with its toxic saliva or blood (using blood requires the vishkanya to be injured when it uses this ability). Applying venom in this way is a swift action.

Intro Thread

Ghostwheel

Quote from: kckolbe on September 27, 2013, 08:13:27 AMAs for Vishkanya, what kind of poison is used for this ability?
Toxic (Ex): A number of times per day equal to its Constitution modifier (minimum 1/day), a vishkanya can envenom a weapon that it wields with its toxic saliva or blood (using blood requires the vishkanya to be injured when it uses this ability). Applying venom in this way is a swift action.

As the race description mentions:
Quote from: Pathfinder SRDVishkanya Venom: Injury; save Fort DC 10 + 1/2 the vishkanya's Hit Dice + the vishkanya's Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Dex; cure 1 save.

Florence

Quote from: kckolbe on September 27, 2013, 08:13:27 AM
I will strongly ask that you not try to plan out your char in advance.  That is a personal preference more than actual rule, though.  As for your actual question, http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes all seem fine enough, and that includes the Pathfinder Chronicler.

Well I just like to have an idea of what prestige class to shoot for. I mean, I don't like to overly plan things, but if I don't even think about it... well, there's a lot of skills and feats, if I /never/ take the required ones, then I can pretty much forget about the prestige class. Besides the requirements for Pathfinder Chronicler aren't that far out of the way for a typical Bard.

EroticFantasyAuthor

What level of erotic content does everyone prefer?

Blinkin

I like a nice mix of everything. Don't want eroticism to be the focus, but I enjoy the occasional romp in the bushes. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Countdown0

I would prefer that the erotic content doesn't overshadow the adventuring and monster slaying and other such things.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Muse

I'm with blinkin. 

I'd particularly enjoy a bit of non con, but if they content is to be player driven,  I can offer a character to fill gender rolls, or to faciliate a few players desires. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

amol

I'm specifically here to play female NPCs. So I guess I'll be on the receiving end of that Muse?? Not that I mind :)

Because I guess that non con between players can be seen as a sort of pvp and we have ruled that out....
To all the people I RP with: I'm getting quite ill at the moment. So if I do not reply to games in the coming days it's not because I've abandoned you. It'll be because I can't.

Florence

I'm with the general idea that erotic content should just happen as it happens. Personally, I'd prefer if we're not stopping to boink every time we make camp, but if it happens, it happens.

Meredith herself will probably be one of the more chaste characters xD She's a sappy romantic, and not one to just give it up lightly.

Countdown0

Gotta side with Finn here.

My wizard isn't going to be looking for sex at every stop. More often than not, he'll be looking for ways to gain power! Muhahahahaha... um... none of you read that evil laughter, okay?

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

kckolbe

I rarely discuss level of sexuality.  It's kind of odd, because I feel that establishing expectations and tone is a chief responsibility of GMs.  On the other hand, no other issue seems to self-regulate more than that of sex levels.  I can say that I will not approve a character that is "empty calories," which does a bit to help with that, but for the most part, players really control that issue more than GMs.

Intro Thread

kckolbe

Intro Thread