Maid - Chronicles of Chance

Started by Jaded, July 17, 2014, 10:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaded

I'd like to run something fairly simple, so I was thinking a mostly random Maid RPG game.  It will be centered around random events (though I may throw in one that comes to mind or a player suggests occasionally).  I see it as being NC-Exotic, with an NC scene being played out whenever a stress explosion occurs (with the scene being based around either the stress explosion type, or the random event that is taking place.  After it is finished, the character could reroll on the stress explosion if desired table just for some variety). 

Stress will be removed through a NC scene as mentioned above.  I am fine with players rolling or choosing for their character (excluding attributes, which I would like to be rolled on this site).  Each character can have up to three special qualities.  The Romance and Seduction rules will not be used.  Complexes can be used if desired, but aren't required.

A Butler will be allowed, but no other male characters unless someone wants to play a reoccurring (or a string of different) villains/antagonists.  I also would be interested in someone taking the role of a reoccurring rival (evil, male) master who is in conflict with the female master I intend to play.  This would remove a little randomness, but I think it could make for a fun angle given the nature of the game.

What I have rolled so far, to give any interested players an idea of the world.

Any interest?

Kaedia

Maids. I love Maids! I'm interested. Very, very interested.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

Vanetias

Could I be one of the head maid/butlers of the area?

Jaded

Quote from: Zefie on July 17, 2014, 10:25:02 PM
Maids. I love Maids! I'm interested. Very, very interested.

:-)  Hopefully we can get a few more interested players.  I'm not sure how popular the system is.

Quote from: Vanetias on July 18, 2014, 12:21:44 AM
Could I be one of the head maid/butlers of the area?

The position of Butler would be open, I'm not sure how I'd be determining the head maid. 

Vanetias

Could I play as one of the relatives of the master, or she would be alone by herself?

Jaded

If you mean a second Master type character, not in the household itself.  For the house I am only accepting Maids and a Butler. 

If you wanted to play the rival Master type character that I mentioned (or a villain), they could conceivably be a relative, but they may not always be present.  They would mainly come in when it makes sense for the random events (at least, that was what I was thinking.  I suppose it would be interesting to have a rival trying to take over as Master). 

Vanetias

I see. Was hoping that I could play as one of the master's relatives to 'enjoy' myself in these random events. Though a butler could be fine.

Jaded

If you want to play reoccurring or occasional villains you would be able to 'enjoy' yourself (depending on the scene/event), I am thinking the stress explosion scenes will generally include people not from the household, usually NPCs unless a player wants to take control of them or include their character somehow (though a Butler doing so may not make sense, given that they are supposed to remain calm, avoid chaos, and can't fight the Master or Maids). 

Vanetias

Ah, I see. Very well then, I'll join in the game. Thanks for the info for the question. :-)

vin26m

Vanetias

Though, if I may ask, how do I roll in points/skills for rival masters?

Kaedia

For fun I went ahead and did some rolling (because I love the character creation process of Maid). Here is what popped out!

Unnamed Maid
Athletics: At 2014-07-18 11:34:33, Zefie (uid: 41356) rolls: 2d6 Result: 7 = 2 - 1 = 1
Affection: At 2014-07-18 11:35:48, Zefie (uid: 41356) rolls: 2d6 Result: 7 = 2
Skill: At 2014-07-18 11:36:23, Zefie (uid: 41356) rolls: 2d6 Result: 10 = 3
Cunning: At 2014-07-18 11:36:34, Zefie (uid: 41356) rolls: 2d6 Result: 6 = 2 + 1 = 3
Luck: At 2014-07-18 11:36:52, Zefie (uid: 41356) rolls: 2d6 Result: 5 = 1 + 1 = 2
Will: At 2014-07-18 11:37:04, Zefie (uid: 41356) rolls: 2d6 Result: 6 = 2 - 1 = 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (The rest of the rolling is done with physical dice)
Maid Types:  (1) Lolita* (Athletics -1, Luck +1), (2) Sexy (Cunning +1, Will -1)
Uniform Color: (4, 1)  Pink
Hair Color: (3, 3) Blonde
Eye Color:  (3, 6) Gold
Special Qualities:
(6, 4 - 4) - Monster (Succubus): For traits I'd say a tail (think To-Luv-Ru) and a small pair of wings (hidden under her uniform, think Remilia for style)
(3, 5) - Princess: Succubus royalty. Neat!
(4, 5 - 5) - Hairstyle: One Eye Hair
Maid Roots:  (6, 5) Who knows?   
Stress Explosion: (5, 6) Player Choice
Maid Weapon:   Psychic Powers
Favored Attribute:   Luck
Maid Power: Stalking
Physical Complex: Big Breasts
Mental Complex: Ignorant of the Ways of the World

Quote from:  the Maid book on LolitaLolita: As most folks who have seen a few anime know,
this foreign loanword was adopted in Japanese to mean
“child-like”. You’ll see it here and there throughout the book,
like in the “Maid Type Chart”. A “Lolita” character could in
fact be a child, or it could simply mean an adult with childish
or innocent personality types: Pouty, quick to anger, won’t
listen to reason, naive, selfish, very cute, sickly sweet. Also,
anime is filled with characters that act childlike with their
“outside face”, but inside are scheming and manipulative.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

Jefepato

I'd be interested in playing a butler if Vanetias is doing the rival-master thing instead.

I'll get my attribute rolls shortly if you're okay with this.

EDIT: I can't even believe this.

Jaded

Quote from: Vanetias on July 18, 2014, 02:11:48 AM
Ah, I see. Very well then, I'll join in the game. Thanks for the info for the question. :-)

As a villain?

Quote from: vin26m on July 18, 2014, 05:32:07 AM
I ran a Maid game last year.  Feel free to use the info:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173767.0

Quote from: Zefie on July 18, 2014, 12:42:51 PM
For fun I went ahead and did some rolling (because I love the character creation process of Maid). Here is what popped out!

It is a fun process :-)  Looks good

Quote from: Jefepato on July 18, 2014, 02:22:58 PM
I'd be interested in playing a butler if Vanetias is doing the rival-master thing instead.

I'll get my attribute rolls shortly if you're okay with this.

If Vanetias isn't interested in the butler role I'll let you take it, but do want to wait to confirm that he isn't. 

Vanetias

Quote from: Jaded on July 18, 2014, 08:30:02 PM
As a villain?

Yep, as the rival master of the game. Maybe he could try to usurp the other master during a stress explosion or etc(As of your idea if you were wondering).

Quote from: Vanetias on July 18, 2014, 08:00:44 AM
Though, if I may ask, how do I roll in points/skills for rival masters?

Jaded

Ah, okay.  I missed that post sorry.  Jefepato can be the butler then.  Thanks.

The rules for a Master is on page 57.  Just use those and we'll figure out a method to include him when needed (probably as a way to bring the random events together into a 'plot' as well as during stress explosions, if they run away they may run into him for example, or they may end up owing him a debt if they gamble, etc.  We can also maybe bring in the usurp idea if it fits at some point :-) )

Idlewyld

I'm thinking of coming in as your garden variety maid or steward... Though in Maid, garden variety could be practically anything depending on what the dice give you...

Vanetias

Is it alright that I make my own rolls for the master character sheet?

Edit:

Sorry if I skipped some of the rolls if I ever made my character(the other/rival master), some of them were meant for test rolls, and a few were missing a stat or two...
(And if you wonder of the age of the master, I had to roll it to not make him too young(As per site rules) but also not too old for my liking).

I'm almost done with the character creation, but there is a problem: how do you divide using the dicebot on Elliquily?

Jefepato

I can work with this, I think.

Since it's a fantasy setting, I'm vaguely thinking of making my butler some kind of wizard (due to great cunning and not great physical abilities).  I will examine my options in the meantime though.

Thrasius

I'm interested as well! Here's my character.

Nevri

Nevri

Athletics: At 2014-07-19 08:52:06, Thrasius (uid: 35893) rolls: 2d6 Result: 5 = 1 - 1 + 1 = 1
Affection: At 2014-07-19 08:52:40, Thrasius (uid: 35893) rolls: 2d6 Result: 8 = 2
Skill: At 2014-07-19 08:52:45, Thrasius (uid: 35893) rolls: 2d6 Result: 5 = 1 - 1 = 0
Cunning: At 2014-07-19 08:52:49, Thrasius (uid: 35893) rolls: 2d6 Result: 10 = 3
Luck: At 2014-07-19 08:52:54, Thrasius (uid: 35893) rolls: 2d6 Result: 11 = 3 + 1 = 4
Will: At 2014-07-19 08:52:58, Thrasius (uid: 35893) rolls: 2d6 Result: 9 = 3

Maid Types: (5) Boyish (Athletics +1, Skill -1), (1) Lolita (Luck +1, Athletics -1)
Uniform Color: Black
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Yellow
Special Qualities:
Brown Skin: Your skin is a dark brown color. It could be natural, or a tan.
Elf Ears: You have long, pointed ears.
(5, 6 - 1) Suicide Attempts: In the past, you attempted suicide many times.
Maid Roots: (5, 4) Admirer of Maids
Stress Explosion: (4, 1) Seclusion
Maid Weapon: (1, 3) Kitchen Knife
Favored Attribute: Luck
Maid Power: (4) Escape
Physical Complex: Flat-Chested
Mental Complex: Clumsy

Mysterica

I too am very interested in this game.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Athletics: 8/3=2
Affection: 6/3+1=3
Skill: 12/3=4
Cunning: 7/3-1=1
Luck: 10/3-1=2
Will: 3/3+1=2

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Maid Types
3 Pure (+1 Affection, -1 Cunning)
6 Heroine (+1 Will, -1 Luck)

Uniform Color Black
Hair Color Pink
Eye Color Orange

Special Qualities
51 Perversion: 4 Womanizer
55 Dark Past: 6 Runaway
41 Uniform: 5 Miniskirt

Maid Roots 13 Slave
Stress Explosion 32 Mischief
Maid Weapon 43 Western Sword
Maid Power (Skill) 1 Lock Picking

Zeth

I'm in if you are still recruiting.

Jaded

Zefie: Maid
Vanetias: Rival Master (Villain)
Jefepato: Butler
Idlewyld: Maid
Thrasius: Maid
Mysterica: Maid
Zeth: Maid

Quote from: Idlewyld on July 19, 2014, 12:03:07 AM
I'm thinking of coming in as your garden variety maid or steward... Though in Maid, garden variety could be practically anything depending on what the dice give you...

I won't be allowing Stewards.  But yeah, is a lot of variety based on the dice ;)

Quote from: Jefepato on July 19, 2014, 02:42:45 AM
I can work with this, I think.

Since it's a fantasy setting, I'm vaguely thinking of making my butler some kind of wizard (due to great cunning and not great physical abilities).  I will examine my options in the meantime though.

Sounds good.

Quote from: Zeth on July 19, 2014, 10:46:23 PM
I'm in if you are still recruiting.

Sure, you are more than welcome to join :-)

We should be good on players now, I'll try to get a thread up tonight and glance over the characters today or tomorrow.  Thanks for the interest everyone, and for getting characters done so quickly. :-)

Jaded

The OOC thread is located at: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209280.0

If you have created a character please post it there.

The IC thread is located at: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209284.0

If you have posted your character please feel free to make a post in the IC thread.  I'll leave it up to the players to determine where their characters start.  The morning will be fairly standard and vanilla until the Mage-King shows up (which I have a few plans/thoughts for).