A Mind is A Beautiful Thing...Or is it? (Seeking the curious.)

Started by ObscureObscenities, September 23, 2013, 02:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ObscureObscenities

The mind, is a beautiful thing to waste... But what if the mind, isn't quite so beautiful a thing? What if what lays just beneath the surface, is a twisted frightening picture of inhumanity. Shadows haunting every crevice, and nightmares coming up to get you. What if everytime you close your eyes, your afraid that you will never open them again in the waking world. Forever surrendered into a world of nightmares, of devious intentions, and dark wishes, where lucidity is but a fantasy, and the workings of the world and it's physics, a barest wish on the wind. Where a whisper, can maim, and a glance can kill, a playing field is set, where the pieces are led astray, and there is no way to win. If the world within the mind is not so beautiful, can it be seen by the naked eye, can you prepare yourself for the pretenses upon which the next step will be taken, or will the void reach up and take you.

It is within the precious realms of sanity upon which the insane are labeled, judged, and tried. These many who consult over those few, Doctors, Nurses, Family, who see the world upon colors of others, and guided with the hand of those before them, and the press of those behind, whom control the shape of reality and it's meaning. But what if, they were all to the very core foundations, so very wrong? Consider, just for a moment now, those whom are bottled away, caged, and contained for their own....safety. Their desperate whispers, and their dearest secrets. The soft murmurs in the night of terrors, and trials, the way they reach out, and plead, and beg, and scream.

What would reality seem, where they the ones with which the world touched the truest of eyes. Those precious few whom glimpsed the world not through the smoked glass of socially accepted normalcy, but through the vivid, crystalline understanding, that which they saw, and understood, was true, and despite the misguidance of those around them, continued to speak as if prophets of a word spoken to them and them alone. Driven, striving, to warn, to speak the words, and share their knowledge, rather than be hushed and kept quiet. These few, disabled for but the clarity upon which they saw a plain that others could not, hindered and handicapped by all those around, could just be...right...

If you heard their whispers, it comes, would you heed their warning?

Alright, so this kind of popped into my head, inspirational picture assisting provided of course, and I wanted to see if I could strike up a fancy of something. What I'm going for, is a Asylum game, I know there was a movie out recently (Sucker Punch, thanks Dim Hon for the name.), which the girl imagined/hallucinated whatever, that her time in the Asylum was some epic battle and such. I never saw it, it was ridiculously explosive, and such from what I understand, but it has something of close to what I'm going for here, but only in reverse...kind of.

What I want, is that the crazy folk...are not actually crazy, rather they are either entering/feeling/reaching out, to another plain of existence, or rather seeing clearly the current plain, which the general 'normal' population is unable to do so. And lets be honest here, I'm looking for the real crazy times, end of the world monster everywhere, nutso's that are barely gripping onto reality. Now, not only are they right, and tapping into/seeing this world, they are effecting it, even outside of the Asylum, something of an Alice in Wonderland kind of trip, but fitting to the bigger picture of things.

The game presumably would entail two patients in the Asylum, managing to sort through the chaos of this reality, and find each other on that plain, as well as in the Asylum. I'd almost think them meeting spectrally, before in the Asylum would work better. Scenes would go from their work, fighting to survive and to curb the terrors in their minds/reality, and to them being trapped in an Asylum, and dealing with how fucked up those can be. (Shock therapy, fucked up staff, abuse, other patients having break downs.) This games going to be a little more extreme then my usual stuff, but I think that will make it more fun.

Shoot me a PM if interested, we can work out more details at that point.

lenka

ObscureObscenities

This game has come open, currently seeking active parties.

Neysha

My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

ObscureObscenities

That's the way it's supposed to be, daunting, inviting, and exciting, with a fine dash of terrifying!

MomoPeach

I am insanely interested. I would love to see how you imagine this starting and go from there?

Lisbeth

I would love to write this with you, though with me on board things would get dark, twisted and violent.  Have a look at the links in my sig and let me know if you think we would be compatible on this - or anything else you'd care to RP with me. 
I have returned from a long hiatus due to personal reasons.  Apologies for the unplanned absence.

O/Os & Braindump
Requests