How do I force my refresh rate to stay the same?

Started by Sabby, June 30, 2012, 09:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I have an LG Flatron W1943TE, with a resolution of 1360 x 768. I can play most games, but sometimes I find one that gives me a black screen when I play it and says my 'analogue is out of range'. Problem is, sometimes I play these games, and then LATER they do this. For instance, I was playing Vessel just fine, and when I reinstalled it later on, it was out of range :/ the same with Vampire The Masquerade and Stalker. Just now, I tried Quantum Conundrum, which worked just fine, but when I tried to changed the in game resolution, I went out of range. I tried reinstalling, but it didn't fix it. I've since restored to factory settings and it is still out of range.

I googled forcing a refresh rate of 60, and used Nview (I have NVIDIA) to manually set my RR between 59 and 60.001. They said this would apply to EVERYTHING. Clearly, it does not.

I have no idea what is making these games suddenly change on me, or how I'm supposed to fix it :(

Autumn Sativus

Are you running windows? This is usually an option in your Display Settings. It's usually found in the same place you would change your resolution or add another monitor.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Sabby

I've tried all that, yeah. No such option, and pretty much every standard solution you'd get from a manual I've tried >.< I'm completely at a loss here.

Beguile's Mistress

Try Google.  Type your query terms into Google and see what pops up.  I've learned how to program things like my DVR/cable remote and other things from forums I found using Google.  If it's out there it's on Google.

Sabby

I've done that. I wouldn't come here if I hadn't. I've tried the solutions from the forums, and there was a fix to force a refresh rate, which I used, and it didn't make any difference.

Beguile's Mistress

Sabby

Well this is baffling o.O I found a program that works. A very simple little thing called RefreshLock. I simply put in my resolution, colour and hertz, and it locks it. I opened a game that I couldn't before, and it worked. But I go to open the one that I wanted in the first place (Quantum Conundrum) and it's still refusing to display.

I'm glad SOMETHINGS gone right, though.