News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[Interest Check] Tohku City

Started by ManyMindsManyVoices, June 05, 2014, 07:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhu Que

Quote from: Joslyn on June 06, 2014, 10:28:42 PM
That's good to know about the majin. Would there be some powerful, recurring majin in the setting?

As for the game, I prefer freeform but I'm okay with a system as long as it is simple and all spelled out clearly.

I don't really have any good ideas for renaming the "Henshin Heroes." Maybe just "Heroes" would be fine. "Sentinels" occurred to me, but that would be redundant with the Guardians. I also thought of "Suits," but that just sounds like a bunch of business men.  :P

"Agree about the system... prefer freeform, but as long as the system is simple and clear, I'm good.

Heh, 'Suits' does make me thing business suits... What about 'Tech Suits' or something?"

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Joslyn on June 06, 2014, 10:28:42 PM
That's good to know about the majin. Would there be some powerful, recurring majin in the setting?

That's definitely my intention. I will probably create a primary villain (or at least one for the first 'arc' of the plot) and as the game goes on ask players I trust if they'd be interested in developing one or two others.

Also, anyone I trust enough to GM might be allowed to create some intermediary 'low level' majin to progress the plot. These would still be pretty tough and could still only be defeated by special means (Henshin finishers being the primary intended one).
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Divine Tenacity

So going to have a pretty busy weekend but I will try and keep up best as I can while think up something completely different for my character.
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Kokaine

I also prefer freeform. Im not very experienced with systems.

For names (just tossing out ideas)
Knights
Gatekeepers
Rangers

Project Phoenix
Project Genesis
Project Shield
Sword Project
Project Dragonfly
Tatsu Project
Project Naga
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Zhu Que

"Oh, nice Koka, I kinda like 'Knights'... or my weird-not-so-creative-brain likes 'Projects'...

Each one having their code name reflect their suit and their group sounds nice with 'Knight' or 'Project' (Using Phoenix as an example... *shift eyes*)..."

Divine Tenacity

I see most are going Henshin/, cyborg or TSF archetypes.

I'm thinking of going down an unfamiliar path since I don't want to add to those.

Hopefully my magical girl is convincing enough, never played one before.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Again, it shouldn't be over the top, but it'd be good to find ways to draw from and add twists to the existing tropes and archetypes. They're my least thought out idea so far, but I hope I can make them very interesting.

Either way, they won't come out being the typical Sailor Moon type characters (they might just be girls gifted with powers, and not ones that need to transform and look all silly). What I do know is that they'll be very agile and acrobatic (I love the 'standing on a telephone pole' thing) and focus on more passive abilities (sleep, purification, maybe healing, shielding, and any given guardian won't be able to do it all).

I hope that still holds your interest.

Divine Tenacity

That's the last thing I'm trying to go for when thinking Magical Girl!

Transformations and such (while cool) are just too much to deal with. I have an idea of where I want to go with the character... just need some time to fully realize her.

Yukina

I'm planning to play a witch that is terrible at using totems, though due to the awry experiment, she manages to use her transformation belt as her magical focus, resulting in a more magic themed henshin hero. (Bonus points if you can guess which Kamen Rider I'm using the suit design from.)

ManyMindsManyVoices

I can come up with in depth answers to all kinds of world-building stuff at a moment's notice, but it will take me hours to name anything if a name doesn't jump out at me...

I'm sorry people, the thread would probably already exist if I weren't such a nitpicker about names... and also I was searching deviantArt til my eyes bled for even one good picture for KC's henshin form. I did find some cool stuff along the way, and got some inspiration for at least one idea. I've also got a bit more plot detailed in my head.

Vanetias

I'll be well interested in the idea. Was thinking of a tinkerer-type hero in which he could not only analyze the suits, but also modify them for better or worse.

Divine Tenacity

Think I'm going to drop from this one guys, thanks for posting a very interesting rp!

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Vanetias on June 07, 2014, 10:23:23 PM
I'll be well interested in the idea. Was thinking of a tinkerer-type hero in which he could not only analyze the suits, but also modify them for better or worse.

I don't really want to put the suits under a microscope in the way I think would be required to make that work. I will likely have a 'Head Scientist' sort of NPC, but ultimately, I don't want the RP to dive into the working parts of the suits that much. I also don't really want to hand a player I don't know free reign to tinker with what might be the core of someone's character concept.

Quote from: Midori Sadi on June 07, 2014, 10:49:51 PM
Think I'm going to drop from this one guys, thanks for posting a very interesting rp!

I'm sorry to hear it, but thank you for your interest.

Vanetias

Alright, this would suit me fine.

ManyMindsManyVoices

After I've posted more setting information, I'll be happy to discuss other ideas that might interest you.

AndyZ

Not coming up with any decent male concepts for this, and I know you want it kept to gender, so I'll have to pass as well.  Good luck with this.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Well, as of now, I need to add a bit more character creation information, and write out information about TSF and the 'Henshin heroes' who still don't quite have a name yet.

That won't mean the world is done (but hell, a good world evolves as the RP rolls on), but it will be ready for active recruitment.

So, yeah, stuff, tired. Sleep.

ManyMindsManyVoices