News:

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup 2014

Started by consortium11, May 12, 2014, 10:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deamonbane

*pats Remiel on the back* We've all been there... Sucks...

I was rooting for the US, because I hate CR7...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

gaggedLouise

Yeah, Ronaldo really is the kind of player who can decide the outcome of a game all by himself, getting half a chance.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Remiel

Group G. Portugal vs. United States

The Better Team Was... I honestly believe the US played a better game.  I don't know whether Portugal was plagued by injuries or hampered by the tropical climate, but they seemed slow and sluggish in the first half and desperate and reckless in the second.  Yes, the US made some incredibly sloppy mistakes, but they were better at creating opportunities and just in general bringing pressure to bear on a depleted Portugese backfield.

Man of the Match: I was going to give this to Tim Howard (USA) for his two incredible saves, but in all fairness he needs to share this honor with Cristiano Ronaldo.  That last-second crossing pass was simply unbelievable and right on target.  He single-handedly saved Portugal from total annihilation. 

Remiel

Group H.  Belgium vs. Russia

The Better Team Was... Russia still haven't impressed me, but neither did the much-anticipated Belgium squad.  Honestly, I think Belgium will get crushed by whoever comes in second in Group G.

Man of the Match: Eden Hazard, who was a force to be reckoned with on the field.

Phobetor

I'm so sick and tired of Bradley, ijs. >.< I adore him but his playing recently has me wanting to get him out of the field and sit his ass down.

God BLESS Howard! Cause seriously!

And as much as I hate Ronaldo, this is exactly why we don't leave him open to make passes. He sets them up very nicely. And no one could have stopped that one. Less than a fucking minute and we would have won.

Ugh. This feels like a loss more than a victory, really.

I'm hoping Germany will cut is some slack and we can atleast tie. If we tie then..we can make it. But Ghana has me nervous.

*sighs* I feel like the victory was snatched right out of my hands. So. Not. A. Win.
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Deamonbane

CR7 had an injury in his right thigh, I think... to the point where he was literally limping around in the field, unable to jump to catch the headers... I shouted like ten times at the TV for him to be substituted because... man, playing when you are injured is just agony...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Remiel

And to wrap up the 2nd round of group play games:

Group H.  South Korea vs. Algeria

The Better Team Was... Algeria, who simply manhandled the inferior Koreans.

Man of the Match: Slimani (ALG) with his brilliant goal that set the pace of the game.

Deamonbane

This is looking like a good game... plus, it decides who Brazil meets in the round of 16... I am torn...

Dice

Not sure how to post vids, so I will just post the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWoykLteHq8

Oniya

Quote from: Dice on June 23, 2014, 01:01:06 PM
Not sure how to post vids, so I will just post the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWoykLteHq8

That's exactly how you post vids.  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Aleph

Awww yeah, the magnificent John Clarke; satirist, poet and farnarkler extraordinaire.

Meanwhile I want to get the boot into the flat performance the Australian team gave but this wasn't the first 11. Off the top of my head I can think of about 6-7 players Ange might have picked before this line up. Still disappointed they fell over so meekly though.

Dice

Meh. No one in Australia has looked away from the Sate of Origin/NRL/AFL to even notice that soccer is being played right now.

Aleph

Heh, don't be so sure :) I mean yeah AFL/NRL are top of the list here but ...well, lets just say there's a lot of bleary eyed folk in my office :)

Dice

I guess all the QLD fans need something else to occupy their time now...

It's cool to see another Aussie here

Aleph

Heh, yeah I'm a Victorian. I rather suspect there's a few of us about here.

Dice

Haha. I was born down there. If I said something like "Go Collingwood' I am guessing you will never talk to me again?

Aleph

Haha, not really, I'm AFL agnostic :) I'll follow which ever of them decides to go for a Sporting... model and start their own AFL/NRL/Cycling/A-League teams, all with similar colours a la Barcelona or Sporting Lisbon.

Remiel

On to the 3rd round.  Despite having had the goal of watching every single match, I must confess I'm feeling a bit burned out after a heavy weekend of catching up.  So I think I'll only cover the games whose outcomes actually matter (Sorry Australia and Spain!)

Group B.  Netherlands vs. Chile. 

Winner: Netherlands, 2-0

What Was At Stake:  The winner of this game leads group B and will face either Croatia or Mexico in the round of 16.  The loser will come in second and will likely go up against Brazil.

The Better Team Was... Chile played a great game, but the Netherlands were just a bit better.

Man of the Match: Arjen Robben (NED), who is shaping up to be on track for the World Cup Golden Ball.

Aleph

I fear you might be getting a rough run then, I think group B is the only one with the top two decided isn't it? And, of course, the final matches of the third round all get run simultaneously (per group) to make it harder to fix matches... From memory this is the bit where Australia loses all the 7:30am matches, they're all 02:00am and 04:00am now :/

Deamonbane

Remiel

Group A.  Mexico vs. Croatia  (I assumed Brazil was going to win vs. Cameroon)

Winner: Mexico, 3-1

What Was At Stake:  Assuming Brazil wins (which they did), winner moves on to face the Netherlands in the round of 16; loser is eliminated.

The Better Team Was... Mexico.  They could have played for the draw, but they went on the attack, outplaying the Croatians and forcing them to scramble. 

Man of the Match: Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez, who was subbed on in the 62nd minute, but seemed to change the entire dynamic of the game.  However, credit also goes to the Mexican defenders, who completely shut down Mario Mandzukic. 

I love watching Mexico's coach Miguel Herrera after a goal.  The guy goes absolutely crazy.

Deamonbane

If Mexico had made it 4 x 0 while Brazil was winning 3 x 1, they would have taken first place...

MasterMischief

Quote from: GrapeTootsiePop on June 22, 2014, 08:20:52 PM
I'm so sick and tired of Bradley, ijs. >.< I adore him but his playing recently has me wanting to get him out of the field and sit his ass down.
*sighs* I feel like the victory was snatched right out of my hands. So. Not. A. Win.

Gah!  They won that game.

Inkidu

I don't follow soccer normally, but I think Grape's avatar is making me root for Brazil. :3
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

makizushi

HUP HUP Holland!

The Dutch are looking so strong right now.