News:

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup 2014

Started by consortium11, May 12, 2014, 10:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph

Quote from: Dotley on June 27, 2014, 09:05:07 AM
I support this prediction. Vamos Ticos!  :-)

Same, Greece are playing 1-3-6 and planning on Samaras sneaking a goal on the counter...bleh.

Deamonbane

Gah... Neymar is getting on my nerves...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Kitsunetsuki

This game is driving me nuts!! haha
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

CastorTroy

This could get nervy for Brazil.
Requests | ONs/OFFsA/As

Current Roleplays: My Crown Jewel | Familial Ties | Daddy’s Out (Completed) |

Dashenka

Don't hate me but I hope Chile wins.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Kitsunetsuki

*hugs Dashenka* no hate! <3

If Brazil keeps playing this way, Chile WILL win...
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Deamonbane

Explain something to me. In what world was that a handball?

This ref is really against Brazil...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Phobetor

It looked like a handball to me
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Deamonbane

Hit his shoulder...

Webb sucks.

Deamonbane

Kitsunetsuki

Julio is the best!! OMG, I have tears in my eyes! That was so damn close!
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Phobetor

Looked like his arm to me.

Dude. Julio Cesar did well.

But to be honest, Chile looked like they played better than Brazil.

As much as I love Neymar, he had multiple chances and never really took them. Then again, Chile was on him as soon as he got the ball.

^_^ Love this sport.
Taking a break from E.

Deamonbane

*runs around the thread screaming like a maniac* Just to relieve the pressure, you see....

It was his shoulder... And it looked like a pretty even game to me, but Webb was really sucking as a ref. Seriously. Any guy from either side dropped, and he called it. I swear, the last extra time didn't see much football... except that ball on the post of Chile's that nearly sent my mum into heart arrest...

Kitsunetsuki

I think Neymar was trying to avoid another yellow card more than anything else. The overacting anytime he was even close to a Chilean player was pissing me off. I loved the way he faked out the goalie w/his penalty kick, though!
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Phobetor

You say shoulder, I say arm. Regardless it was a handball.

QuoteDefinition
A handball occurs if any player, other than the team’s goalkeeper within his own penalty area, deliberately handles the ball when in play. A ball can be handled with any part of the arm, from the tips of a player’s fingers right up to the shoulder. link

Quote from: Kitsunetsuki on June 28, 2014, 02:05:21 PM
I think Neymar was trying to avoid another yellow card more than anything else. The overacting anytime he was even close to a Chilean player was pissing me off. I loved the way he faked out the goalie w/his penalty kick, though!

Yeah he was annoying me with his over dramatics. But the penalty kick made it worth it  ;D
Taking a break from E.

Deamonbane

Hulk deserved a goal though... it just wasn't his day...

*shakes head* Up to but not including the shoulder... I've seen it a thousand times, and they've talked with a thousand FIFA refs over it, but shouldering the ball does not a handball make...

Neymar was... dribbling when he should have been passing, passing when he should have been shooting, and acting when he should have been playing... Pissed me the fuck off...

CastorTroy

God knows what would have happened if Brazil had exited at that stage. Country would have gone into absolute carnage.  So important that the host country remains in the tournament, especially when it's  'serious' football national, the most serious of them all.

Uruguay as dismayingly gritty, even without Suarez, they're renowned for their grittiness, but I hope Colombia do them one here.
Requests | ONs/OFFsA/As

Current Roleplays: My Crown Jewel | Familial Ties | Daddy’s Out (Completed) |

Deamonbane

Seriously. James Rodrigues (That's his name, right). What! A! GOAL!

Dashenka

*waves goodbye to Urukhai*
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Deamonbane

Kitsunetsuki

lol...pretty sure Dashenka meant Uruguay, since Columbia knocked them out of the running ;)
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Deamonbane

*chuckles* I suppose... but why are the Uruguayans Ur.... ah okay I get it...

Kitsunetsuki

Oh, please don't get me started on Uruguay!! My mother dated this awful Uruguayan guy for ages. Nearly put me off the whole country...thankfully, their pastries are delicious! :-) haha!

I have to admit, I'm worried for Brazil's progress. That James Rodriguez is just amazing! They will really need to step up their game to beat Columbia *bites nails*
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Deamonbane

Italians are not for eating!*grins and sniggers*

All things considered, though, the Chileans were not classified due to pure bad luck. They had everything to advance. While I am glad to see Brazil advance, I'm sad to see such a good team eliminated so early from the World Cup.

Remiel

Quote from: CastorTroy on June 28, 2014, 02:59:38 PM
God knows what would have happened if Brazil had exited at that stage. Country would have gone into absolute carnage.  So important that the host country remains in the tournament, especially when it's  'serious' football national, the most serious of them all.

Oh, man.  Can you imagine?  With all the controversy already existing about the money being spent on stadiums when so much of the country is in poverty, the indigenous people being displaced, FIFA locking out non-sanctioned local businesses...and Brazil gets knocked out in the round of 16?

There would be rioting in the streets.  It would turn ugly, fast.

Seriously, someone needs to canonize that crossbar.