Legend of Korra: Book Two

Started by Florence, September 13, 2013, 07:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

OKAY! Just watched the premier of Book Two of Legend of Korra, I'm curious if anyone else here did the same and what your thoughts all are!

THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS

For me... I FAHGIAJGIJOAFKAOGOIAJGOAJG.... I loved it. Korra was a bit bratty for most of the episode, but I can forgive it. The scenery was beautiful and it was nice to finally leave Republic City, as much as I loved that setting. The effects were great, the spirits seem menacing and... Korra's uncle is a shifty bastard if ever I've seen one. I'm really curious to know what he's plotting, if he's just gonna move his armies in and take over or something. Its worth noting that two future episodes are called "Civil Wars" and its not a stretch to imagine the North and South tribes going to war at this point.

I'm also really glad we're seeing more of Bumi, and actually seeing Kya in action. I've been wanting her to appear in the show ever since they first showed concept art of her and Bumi way back when. Also, Korra's creepy cousins are definitely an interesting pair xD Eska and Bolin are certainly an interesting pair, and I'm wondering if their "relationship" will actually lead to anything, or just be played for laughs. Desna's traptastic and that's always a plus in my book :>

Edit: Worth pointing out I guess we didnt' see Kya 'in action', as in I don't recall seeing her waterbend, but what I meant was its actually nice to see her in the show.

So. Yeah. Discuss.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Aislinn

Just got finished watching tonight's premier. I agree Korra's being a bit of a brat but then again, she was through many pieces of last season too. It wears a bit on me...especially when she starts being a pain to the others. Then again, she's a teenager (between 17-18 I believe) so part of that can be written off due to the age.

Loved seeing Kya and Bumi plus their interactions with Tenzin.

Oh yes...Uncle is a shifty one. I got a bad feeling off him right from the start but then again, the creators don't tend hide their villains very well whether by accident or design.

I always love Bolin. Nothing not to like about him.

I'm pretty excited for this season.  ;D
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Florence

On one hand I kinda feel like this premier had a lot less revealed than the premier of Book One.

Conversely, though, I felt like this premier also raised a lot more questions:

What is Unaloq's plan and goal?
What's going to happen with Eska and Bolin? Will it be played for laughs or actually develop into something?
What's up with the dark spirits, apart from the obvious bits revealed in the premier?
What's going to happen to Asami's business?
What's going on with the strange statue Jinora found?

... and of course... will we see more Lin Beifong? D8
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

himawari

eska and deska ... awesomest twins ever!!!

watched episode 1 and 2 for book two and ahhhh....i can't wait for the other episodes to come out...

hopefully see the world's first avatar (yes i heard he's going to appear).....
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

GanonDwarf

I just caught up on episodes.

Needs less Mako, more Asami, but other than that pretty average.
My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Sabby

I just now finished book 2, and I have to say that it was a far more balanced and well thought out season then book 1. I do have something I'm not quite clear on with the finale, and I have a theory I'd like to share.

So, Vaatu and Raava can never be killed. If one is destroyed, eventually it will be reborn from the other. I understand the symbolism, what with peace or chaos only able to exist alone for so long without creating the other. But Vaatu has been sealed for 10,000 years, meaning that he cannot fight or be destroyed, so the battle of light and darkness has essentially been postponed until indefinitely, up until he is released. Which he was, of course, but then he was 'destroyed' by Korra.

Now, since Unalaq was in his Dark Avatar state, we can forget about him. It's long been established that dying in the Avatar state will break the cycle of reincarnation, so barring some bullshit retcon or excuse making by the writers to get him back, Dark Avatar is finished forever. Vaatu, however, cannot be 'killed', so the question is, what happened to him?

My theory is that now the Avatar (and by this, I don't mean Korra, I mean all Avatars from here on) will be comprised of both Raava and Vaatu. Eventually, Vaatu WILL have to reform within Raava, which means that darkness and chaos will grow within the Avatar, where as before this, the Avatar has been a being of light. Now that the Avatar is no longer a bridge between the spiritual and material worlds, he/she would instead have to represent the balance required for a world of both material and spirit, thus having to hold light and dark in perfect harmony.

That's just how I've come to understand it, though. So far, most fan theories I've come across have been along the lines of "Nope, Vaatu dead, Avatar magic"

Shjade

Gotta be honest: I really doubt the writers are thinking that far ahead on this one.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sabby

It's the only way I've found to make sense of Vaatu's death. They already established he will be reborn within Raava, who is half of the Avatar.