News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Zombies Ate My Brain! (OOC Thread)

Started by Remiel, November 26, 2010, 08:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

Quote from: Remiel on November 29, 2010, 01:21:22 PM
Hey gang, another rule clarification, if I may:

If a survivor is Infected, he loses his special ability, if he has one, until he is cured by the Doctor or Nurse. 

For example,  let's say the Military Vet is Infected during night 1 by a Zombie.  He can protect someone (and himself) during night 1, as usual, because this occurs at the same time.

However, as is he is now Infected, he cannot protect someone during night 2. His status has changed from Military Veteran to Infected and he has lost his special ability.

If he is cured by the Doctor or Nurse during night 2, he returns to his regular role the following day, and can once again protect someone for night 3. 

If he is not cured during night 2, he will turn into a Zombie from that point on. 

Ugh, I hope this isn't as complicated as it sounds.  I just wanted to clarify what happens when someone is Infected.  As always, feel free to either post questions here, or ask me in PM.

I think if you just remind people in PMs when their role changes, it will be alright.

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Ryven

Marguerite

Remiel

Hey, gang. Just a quick reminder (although I'm sure most of you know this already):

While it is certainly acceptable--even highly encouraged--to plot and scheme in private messages, I do ask that you copy me on all correspondence.  This is so I can correct any mistaken assumptions, and also because it's highly amusing sometimes to see what people are thinking.  Thanks!

Marguerite

Remiel

Hey gang,  since the first night is almost upon us, in an effort to try to be as fair and internally consistent as possible, I've drawn up the sequence of events that happen each night.  You don't have to worry about any of this;   feel free to ignore this post entirely unless you are as obsessive-compulsive about the rules as I am.

For the purposes of grammatical simplicity, I will only use the male pronouns "he" and "him".  The Sequence happens once the Doctor, Nurse, Military Vet, Scientist, and any Zombie(s) give me their targets.

Sequence of Events:

1. If the ZOMBIE(s) decide to INFECT someone, he does so now.  If the target is IMMUNE, nothing happens. If the target is either another ZOMBIE or already INFECTED, nothing happens. Otherwise the target is now INFECTED.
2. The DOCTOR and NURSE attempt to cure their targets.  If the target is INFECTED, that person is cured and returns to his previous role. If the target is either normal, IMMUNE, or a ZOMBIE, nothing happens. The DOCTOR will be told if the target is a ZOMBIE.
3. A person who was previously INFECTED, if he is not cured by the DOCTOR or NURSE, transforms into an actual ZOMBIE.
4. The SCIENTIST learns whether his target is now normal, IMMUNE, a ZOMBIE, or INFECTED.
5. If the ZOMBIE(s) decide to ATTACK someone, he does so now.  If the target is the MILITARY VET or protected by the MILITARY VET, nothing happens.  If the target is either another ZOMBIE or INFECTED, nothing happens. If the target is the SURVIVALIST, the Survivalist kills the zombie instead. Otherwise the target is killed by the zombie.
6. The PSYCHIC now learns how many ZOMBIES and INFECTED there are.
7. INFECTED now lose their abilities (if they had any).

Once again, don't worry about any of this unless you are as obsessive-compulsive about rules as I am.   :-)

Remiel

Quote from: Ryven on December 09, 2010, 12:32:17 PM
He awoke clutching his shotgun to him for dear life.  Sadly, he had drooled all down the barrel in his slumber, so he would have to clean it yet again. 

I LOL'd.  ;D

Ryven

Remiel

Quote from: Valerian on December 10, 2010, 08:42:51 AMShe went back to cuddling her copy of Pride and Prejudice unhappily.  It was one of the few intact books left, most of the rest having been burned for heat or used as toilet tissue, and she was very protective of it.

Nothing is safe from the zombie apocalypse! NOTHING!

Valerian

Someone caught the reference!  *dances*
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

The zombies only attack 1 person a night, yes?

Remiel

Each zombie only attacks at most one person a night.  There may be multiple zombies, in which case we may have multiple victims.

Ryven

Ahh, okay.  That makes things more dire then.  *ponders*

Valerian

See, this is why we need to start reaching a quorum.  *nods*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

The quorum could also be our undoing.  Sadly, I think that the difficulty goes up exponentially with each new zombie unlike the other games because more than one victim can now die per night.

Remiel

True.  The one thing that is working in the survivors' favor, though, is that the zombie(s) aren't working in concert.   In fact, unless they attempt to communicate with each other, they will have no idea who the other zombie(s) or Infected are.  It's even possible that a zombie may try to eat or Infect another zombie (nothing will happen in this case, but it will still be amusing).

I did this on purpose, to encourage communication within both groups.  My goal is to create a situation where many of the survivors each have small pieces of the puzzle; but only by talking to each other and sharing information will they be able to see the big picture and easily identify the zombies among them.  Unfortunately, there's always an inherent risk involved -- who can you trust? By sharing your information, are you making yourself a target?

I think these games become more fun the more plotting/scheming/deception there is.   >:)

Valerian

I'm no good at number-crunching -- I see the calculations of win percentages in various version of Mafia games, and my head hurts.  Heh.

However, it seems to me that it's better to vote people out even if we're uncertain.  We might be voting out a survivor or even someone with a special role; but if we vote no one out, then we know that there's no chance of getting rid of a zombie... and they're only going to keep multiplying, unless they have really bad luck.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Professor Loki Caprion

I just wanted to take a moment to say Remiel's new avatar is the best ever, and I think everyone on E should use it (or ones similar)!

... and hopefully he won't have changed it to something else before people read this.
The Professor is drifting through time and space...

Discord: Professor Ravenhurst#8936

Ons/Offs | Ideas | A&As (Apr 28, 2016) | The Lab | Elluiki

Remiel

Heh heh, yeah, puppies are adorable.

Esoteric Myobi is having internet problems, but she messaged me this morning to toss in her vote for Transgirlenstein.

Valerian

Okay.  I'm no statistical wizard, but given the possible geometric progression here, I'm thinking we really need to start exiling, or we're doomed.  :(
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

Wouldn't we have a better chance given the fact we are not throwing any lucky people out?

Valerian

If we end up with four zombies -- which could happen very soon -- then the odds of them infecting or eating the brains of those with special roles are going to be very high.  So it won't matter if we haven't exiled them; they'll still be gone, for all practical purposes.

It's questions like these, though, that require someone better versed in math than I am.   :P
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

Oh, do not get me started on statistics. I have a stats final online in 30 minutes.

-Rubs her forehead-