Caravanserai [Rooftop Pool]

Started by Flower, July 08, 2018, 09:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lassiter

Name: Malcolm
Date | Time: Late June, Early Afternoon
Wearing: As Pictured, but with dark sunglasses
Tagging: RedPhoenix

Truthfully he wondered when the last time he was actually relaxed, knowing it had been years.  He was lost in thought but her questions quickly bought him back.  No one he'd met not even his employer had asked such questions, but with her in his arms it felt strange and yet comforting.  He figured he'd start with the easy questions.  "I'm from Pennsylvania, born and raised, as for how I ended up as a bodyguard well I suppose that's the easiest to answer."  He paused collecting his thoughts, "I was drunk and was outside a bar when I saw my current employer being mugged, or a poor attempt at it.  At that moment I stepped in, you'd be amazed how quickly one can sober up when fighting."  Malcolm chuckles, "Truthfully I got my ass kicked but I did manage to scare the man off, Daniel offered me a chance to get clean which he did a full background check on me and found out about my past, and well hired me on the spot first clear instruction was to get sober."

Malcolm grinned, "Hardest time of my life especially with what I was going through at the time and as for my story, well that's a broad question."  He leaned back, feeling relaxed only one other person knew his story and he hadn't spoken to his sister in a year, he would need to rectify that.  "I grew up on a ranch, abusive father and survived that to join the Marines, spent years there and now I'm here .... with you."  He never talked about his past, only because what had happened couldn't be changed and after many years he had grown quite accustomed to living with it.  "What about you, what's your story?"

RedPhoenix

Name: Nova van Dishoeck
Wearing: As Pictured + Cork Wedge Heels + Black Butterfly Sunglasses
Tagging: Malcolm, Open!

Nova couldn't help but pout her lips out a little and make a sympathetic noise at Malcolm as he told his story, her outlined eyes becoming even more prominent as her face took on an expression of empathy and instinctive nurturing desire towards him. She couldn't help it, learning that this strong guy was a bird with a broken wing just made him more interesting and, she had to confess, hotter.

When he spoke of alcohol though, she glanced toward her drink with guilt in her expression, then towards his empty drink with concern, thinking back to how quickly he'd downed it.

"So uh." She began a bit cautiously. "Should we uh, not be drinking then?" She ran a hand over his chest soothingly as she spoke hoping it would make him calm about being honest with her. She didn't answer his question about her just yet, she was worried about him first.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Lassiter

He didn't notice the change in her expression, as he spoke he felt the weight of it all wash over him.  But with years of experience it was just that a wave, and just as quickly it was gone.  He had come to terms with his past long ago, when she asked about the drinking he smiled shaking his head.  "No, it's not like it was rest assured, I'm not that same man."  He motioned for a refill and as it was truly only his 3rd drink one more wouldn't hurt him.  But he was grateful for one thing since arriving here, even as strange as it would sound.  He was glad for Nova's company, truly he expected to spend this time alone doing his own thing as needed.  But he was glad for the company and diversion.  Her touch was as gentle as the breeze, it sent a slight shudder through him as he held her in his arms as she caressed his chest.

He bought his hand up, caressing her cheek, smooth against his rough hand.  "Thank you."  A simple gesture and even simpler words but it was good to know others did show genuine concern. 

RedPhoenix

Nova relaxed as he explained himself. "Well that's good." She smiled at him, tilting her cheek just a little as he stroked her face, obviously not minding that at all, "Cuz to be real I wasn't gonna stop." She laughed, admitting it as she took another sip out of her fishbowl.

She smiled as he thanked her. She let the moment just be in silence, finally glancing down and away from him, she snuggled up a bit closer to the man, letting her body rest against his now as she slipped an arm around his shoulders to steady herself, her crossed legs dangling between his, feet tapping on nothing as she cozied up. He made a good chair, she decided. Also a good snugglepal.

"So." She asked. "What were you gonna get up to the rest of the day?"

Lassiter

He enjoyed her caress, her touch smooth against his rough chiseled features.  Malcolm had grown up in a harsh environment, and even more so having lived in one for several years.  When she snuggled up against his his arm pressed her firmly against his body enjoying the closeness of her and truly wanting nothing else.  He felt relaxed and was for the first time truly enjoying himself.  He looked into her eyes, his response simple.  "Spending it with you I am not needed for the rest of the day, and truthfully I wouldn't want to be anywhere else except here in this moment."  He bought his hand up tracing it smoothly across her body and up to her face where he caressed her cheek his hand rough against her smooth skin.  Gently he placed a kiss there before settling in more fully with her in his lap.  "Why did you want to do something?"

RedPhoenix

"Good answer" Nova agreed as Malcolm told her that she was spending the day with her. It sounded just fine to Nova, after all, she didn't know anyone else here and his company was fun so far. He had been open about himself and it made her feel comfortable around him. She'd rather know his flaws than have to guess at them, after all. She grinned as he put his hand on her and traced up her side, over her curves, ending up on her face. She closed her eyes as he kissed her cheek, grinning all the while, then cozied back up to him as he lay back down in his seat.

"I'm only moving to get us more drinks." She announced, putting her hands over each other on his shoulder and then resting her head there. "I got the best seat in here."

After enjoying the comfy silence for a bit, she reached back and took a hold of his hand, and brought it up and put it on her hip, leaving it there and smiling at him invitingly, as if to say he could touch her more if he liked.

Lassiter

He smiled letting her get the drinks before she settled back into his arms, his one arm around her back resting against it.  When she placed his other hand on her hip it sent a jolt of surprise through him her skin smooth against his hand.  His fingers began a dance across her skin caressing her hip and down her leg while his other one slowly rubbed her back.  The hand she placed on her hip traveled as far down her leg as he could reach and back up, caressing along her side.  He laid back enjoying the feel of the sun on his face and her in his arms as his hand caressed her leg and thigh.  He leaned in close his lips kissing softly across her neck.

RedPhoenix

This scene will continue in Caravanserai After Dark

SepiaSunfury

Name: Sepia Sunfury

Date | Time: July 8, evening
Wearing: A white cotton summer dress
Sound: Chopin’s first nocturne in A flat minor
Tagging: Open

Sepia walked around Caravanserai. She told herself she was familiarizing herself with the hotel, but she knew she was looking for the right place. She didn’t consciously know what she was looking for, but she knew she’d recognize it when she found it.

She found it by the pool on the roof. A baby grand piano. Tucked in the far corner, far from accidental splashes. She was drawn to it, her heart pulling her forward so strongly it felt as if her feet were not moving at all.

Sepia did stop to admire the beautiful thing. Somehow it shined even at nighttime. The gleam of the egg moon reflected off the black surface better than the same oval on the pool’s surface. She settled herself on the piano bench, her dress puffing full of air temporarily then settling in folds around her. When she placed her fingers on the keys, this black one for this pinky and her index stretching to that white one… she knew exactly which song was going to come out from her heart.

The music starts out sadly, and she finds she has to play it far slower than usual to express her own personal sadness. She stretches out measures, pulling the grief out with her fingers. Sometimes the keys are so lightly touched it is clear she is playing for no one but herself. Tears start to gently fall while she plays. Some land on fingers, others on piano keys, but she keeps on and on playing, her fingers never slipping, regardless of salty wetness between them and the ivory.

Before the promenade starts though, Sepia draws out the fermata so long a listener may have assumed the end of the piece. She does continue though. Finally more hopeful notes dance from her fingers. Very quietly, but she can feel the hope. And she plays with it, changing volume and speed along with the feelings they have evoked.

The last part is as sad as the first… and possibly as slow. The tears do not reappear yet but her eyes sting with the unmet need to gather and shed them. She lets her emotions pour themselves all over the piano through her musical expression.

The ending is full of questions. Her fingers try to answer them one by one, but in the end, the questions linger and the answers fade away. Even with the determined run of chords down the keys three steps from the finish line the queries silently persist in memory. Finally the finish, so very quiet except for one tiny, rebellious wondering that pops its head up briefly before settling into the last chord.

She lifts her hands from the keys after the last hushed chord. Yet she keeps her foot determinedly on the pedal so that the chord rings and lasts while she lets her head fall on her arms on the keyboard’s lifted cover, her shoulders shaking with her silent sobbing.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Name: Elizabeth
Date | Time: July 8, stars are out
Wearing: robe over swimsuit, carrying her five and a half foot tall walking staff.
Tagging: Sepia, open.

Elizabeth slowly made her way towards the bright pool, shining like an perfect jewel in the man-made lights. But the splash of moon and stars overhead was even brighter, an absolutely astounding display of beauty.

The tapping of her staff on the tiles on the rooftop was quickly drowned out by piano music. Tilting her head, she ventured a little closer to the source of the music. It was extremely good, and the woman clearly knew how to play.

And then... There was crying. Elizabeth very easily recognized the signs from years of teaching children. Comforting people was just not her specialty. But she just couldn't leave someone crying on a piano. At worst, she'd get told off or something and she wouldn't have to talk to the other woman ever again. So pretty much like all her encounters at the fancy hotel.

Limping a little closer, not bothering to muffle the tapping of her staff, she approached the piano. "Uhm, hello? That was really good playing. Are you okay? Do you need help with anything? I uh, normally wouldn't bother someone but, well... you look like you could really use someone to talk to. Hey do you want something to drink? I sure do."

Smiling awkwardly, she went over to the nearest poolside bar and got two sprites with Grenadines, bringing one back to the new girl. That should give her time to collect herself, and have the fortitude to tell me to shove off if she wants to.

Handing over the non alcoholic drink, she leaned on the walking staff she sipped hers awkwardly, smiling as best she could.