Power Rangers. Kamen Rider, Sentai, suits and monsters

Started by Sabby, December 20, 2010, 06:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

I love me some Power Rangers xD

I haven't kept up with the later series, but I've been meaning to, since a few of the more recent ones have had some pretty nice throwbacks to the classic series from what I've heard. (Tommy being in Dino Thunder, the episodes 'Once a Ranger' and 'Forever Red'. As you can probably tell by all that, my definition of 'more recent' is basically anything after MMPR.

Though I have heard there's a lot of classic throwbacks in the most recent series, I have yet to see it for myself though. So I think some time I might try doing a big marathon xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Oniya

Oh, I was thinking that the robot's trip through the corporate offices would be interrupted by some kaiju that feeds on the toxins that the oil tycoon's plants are producing.  Cue standard PR battle, ending in tycoon 'seeing the error of his ways' and switching his company overnight to solar energy.

Because that could totally happen.  ::)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Hue Ran

I love Power Rangers, I have seen all the seasons up to some of Megaforce.

Did anyone else think Megaforce was a huge disappointment? I mean the mentor was a tiki!

Personally I just had such high standards when I heard Saban was taking back over. I guess that just shows you shouldn't have such high of standards.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Hue Ran on October 01, 2013, 11:41:04 PM
I love Power Rangers, I have seen all the seasons up to some of Megaforce.

Did anyone else think Megaforce was a huge disappointment? I mean the mentor was a tiki!

Personally I just had such high standards when I heard Saban was taking back over. I guess that just shows you shouldn't have such high of standards.

Saban and high standards shouldn't be in the same sentence.  Rangers had better rating during their Disney stretch.  Megaforce was a major tribute to the original Power Rangers that aired in the 90s.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Hue Ran

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on October 02, 2013, 01:29:58 AM
Saban and high standards shouldn't be in the same sentence.  Rangers had better rating during their Disney stretch.  Megaforce was a major tribute to the original Power Rangers that aired in the 90s.

Ya I heard that before. Still my favorites had been while Saban was doing his thing.

I honestly didn't like most of the Disney ones. Now I did like some of them, just not most of them.

Tribute or not I thought it was awful. I would have preferred a remake of MMPR rather than Megaforce.

Sabby

I can't even finish Megaforce. I keep dreading that Legendary War, after the awful RPM crossover. They couldn't do a two season team up, how the fuck will they manage an ALL SEASON team up.

Yukina

Quote from: Sabby on October 02, 2013, 02:08:10 AM
I can't even finish Megaforce. I keep dreading that Legendary War, after the awful RPM crossover. They couldn't do a two season team up, how the fuck will they manage an ALL SEASON team up.

I wholesomely agree with you, Sabby. As I looked through blog sites that had news about the filming, I found out that few ranger actors were recruited for cameos in the legend war and super megaforce. Several who were (most a lot of MMPR rangers besides the green ranger's actor) denied invitations from Saban due to them still paying cheep wages and having to pay to get to/stay in New Zealand. David Yost (the actor for Billy) definitely didn't want to go. They even refrained from referring to him by name in his invite email, still showing little respect to him.

Tl;Dr: It'll be a giant suit fest.

Sabby

None of this surprises me.

Yukina

It just felt like such a disappointment once Saban got it back. First they gave a poorly planned out near direct translation of the sentai and now we're just getting a very watered-down MMPR. What happened to the once great company that made In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, and Time Force........

Sabby

And the wonderful people behind RPM.

Yukina

*nods* Disney may of had some flops, but they had some great seasons too.

Hue Ran

Quote from: Yugishogun on October 02, 2013, 10:55:01 AM
*nods* Disney may of had some flops, but they had some great seasons too.

I agree with that completely.

Quote from: Yugishogun on October 02, 2013, 09:53:54 AM
It just felt like such a disappointment once Saban got it back. First they gave a poorly planned out near direct translation of the sentai and now we're just getting a very watered-down MMPR. What happened to the once great company that made In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, and Time Force........

I know right? Most of my favorite seasons came out when he was running stuff, but man in my opinion he had some worse flops then freakin Disney.

Yukina

*nods* we may have gotten flops such as mystic force and operation overdrive but at least we got jungle fury, rpm, spd, dino thunder, and ninja storm.

Hue Ran

Quote from: Yugishogun on October 02, 2013, 11:11:10 AM
*nods* we may have gotten flops such as mystic force and operation overdrive but at least we got jungle fury, rpm, spd, dino thunder, and ninja storm.

It would seem we both dislike the same seasons, as well as like the same seasons.

Jungle Fury was pretty cool, but Dino Thunder was amazing, and Lothur in Ninja Storm was amusing along with his nieces.

Yukina

Lothur was probably my favorite power rangers villain. He was smart enough to realize that if his plan would just come to fruition at the end anyway, that he could just putz around with a crazy scheme whenever he felt like it.

Hue Ran

Quote from: Yugishogun on October 02, 2013, 11:33:02 AM
Lothur was probably my favorite power rangers villain. He was smart enough to realize that if his plan would just come to fruition at the end anyway, that he could just putz around with a crazy scheme whenever he felt like it.

I agree. My least favorite was probably King Mondo. Did anyone else find him and his family annoying?

Yukina

It's more that King Mondo seemed to be wooden and boring.

If had to pick a second favorite villain, it would probably Emperor Gruumm. He always successfully diverted the rangers from his real plans of collecting supplies.

Hue Ran

Quote from: Yugishogun on October 02, 2013, 12:02:58 PM
It's more that King Mondo seemed to be wooden and boring.

If had to pick a second favorite villain, it would probably Emperor Gruumm. He always successfully diverted the rangers from his real plans of collecting supplies.

Ahh yes from SPD. Good season, and the first Female Red Ranger in the series.

Yukina

Quote from: Hue Ran on October 02, 2013, 12:07:08 PM
Ahh yes from SPD. Good season, and the first Female Red Ranger in the series.

*nod* It had a lot of great characters and ideas (such as foreshadowing from the first episode that the a-squad was evil). My favorite character in that series was probably Bridge. (Buttery!)

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Hue Ran on October 02, 2013, 01:34:49 AM
Ya I heard that before. Still my favorites had been while Saban was doing his thing.

I honestly didn't like most of the Disney ones. Now I did like some of them, just not most of them.

Tribute or not I thought it was awful. I would have preferred a remake of MMPR rather than Megaforce.

And for this reason, I watch Sentai.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Sabby

Hey, Mystic Force was great, just unconventional.

Trakeena is one of the best villains.

Yukina

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on October 02, 2013, 02:09:04 PM
And for this reason, I watch Sentai.

Shall we make a Super Sentai/Kamen Rider thread?

Quote from: Sabby on October 02, 2013, 04:51:33 PM
Hey, Mystic Force was great, just unconventional.

Trakeena is one of the best villains.

Mystic Force just didn't grab me. The only that really got any development was Nick (and he happened to be quite cynical and a jerk...). The rangers that potential (such as Xander and Chip) rarely got development. The theme song also didn't really get me "pumped up" for the episodes like the other series. The other sad thing is that legendary magical characters completely overshadow with their actual histories and characters what the show is supposed to center on; the rangers...

I do agree with you on Trakeena though. Watching her growth from a whiny side daughter into a great villainous was a wonderful ride.

Sabby

Which is a shame, because this was the theme song they were planning to use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOCquckBhbA

Yukina

I agree with you on that point. Ron Wasserman makes some pretty awesome music. :)

Florence

Quote from: Yugishogun on October 02, 2013, 11:43:32 PM
I agree with you on that point. Ron Wasserman makes some pretty awesome music. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHDLFk5WUJE

I apologize if someone's already posted about this, but I can't stop listening to his Power Rangers redux album xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.