Starfinder: Survival of the Fittest (NC/EX)

Started by PixelatedPixie, February 20, 2018, 12:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

On reflection, I actually have a plate full with what I'm already running / playing. Sad times, I keep wanting to catch a break on Starfinder!

ShadowFox89

A very basic concept is a mechanic gal from a fairly out of the way outpost, wanting to see the galaxy.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Arcanist

Would you believe I finished typing up my character and did a detailed background and was about to post when my computer decide to restart.....Arrggghhh....

Anyway, I will try to post again tomorrow. She is an icon envoy. Her profession is a reporter/journalist. Basically she decided to go on holidays after she successfully reported on a people smuggling ring.
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Angie

It's really not a super complicated system. Basically, you do a thing, the GM calls for a specific check, you roll a d20 and add/subtract bonuses, and you do it or you don't do it. That's it. No degrees of success or failure, the only exception is attacks where you roll damage.

But if you wanna chat with an expert of all things d20, my inbox is open.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

AnneReinard

Alice-4

Android Technomancer 1 LG HP 9 / 9 RES 5 / 5 STAM 7 / 7 Speed 30ft
Init +1 KAC 13 EAC 12 Fort 1 Ref 1 Will 2 CMAC 21 BAB

Str 10 (+0)    Wis 10 (+0)
Dex 13 (+1)   Int 18 (+4)
Con 12 (+1)   Cha 10 (+0)

Height:  5'0"
Weight:  92 lbs
Orientation:  Pansexual

Appearance:
Alice-4's body is a fairly standard android make was common during the earlier enslavement of the race - one that has been crafted specifically for an appearance to be stared at and admired. Her face has an almost overly cute look to it, with large blue eyes and blonde tresses that travel down to her lower back. She is fairly short compared to many of her kin, giving her an almost toylike appearance, as though to beckon people to take advantage of some perceived physical weakness. She was certainly not made for manual labor, given the careful attention given to smooth porcelain skin or the clearly unnecessarily large breasts or curved hips on a being that would never need to reproduce. The fact that she tends to dress in clothing that is considered cute certainly does nothing to dissuade the first impressions that may be drawn.

Personality:
Alice-4 is the fourth renewal to inhabit this particular body and is still finding her place in the world. While the body is certainly pretty, the soul within it lacks a certain degree of warmth and attachment that makes her a little off-settling. She voraciously consumes new information and attempts to carefully document it in a systematic way, creating complicated networks of information within her memory. She thinks of everything in terms of these relationships and networking, rather than with regards to the emotional response that a memory might evoke.

Despite this intellectual and calculated approach to almost everything she can manage, she does have her own quirks. She has not shed the cute clothing that she found the body with upon her new soul renewing it. She likes to look visually appealing - after all, she finds that as long as her physical form is appealing in physical interactions, conversations tend to last a full 32% longer before visual cues of discomfort become obvious. Alice-4 also holds a belief that society means helping one another at the core and dedicates more resources to others than is strictly logical; perhaps she weights the projected returns significantly higher than historical data would indicate. She also puts excessive emphasis on anything that is taught by her through a social connection - her way of trying to reach out to the world beyond her intellectualism.

Background:
As a rather new android, Alice-4 was functionally a blank slate upon coming to inhabit Absalom Station. The previous soul to inhabit the body, Alice-3, left behind significant resources for beginning a new career, including connections to tutors of various arts who would be willing to deal with any new quirks that the new soul would bring to the table. She took rapid advantage of this and over the years has become quite skilled at combining technology and magic, due to her highly numerical way of analyzing the world. The formulae of magic and equations of programs became the focus of her life until the point was reached that she would need to seek out ways to apply them. When a career opportunity arose to both help those in need and test her new abilities, she was quite convinced that it was the most sensible path for her to pursue.

Ons: Noncon, dubcon, bondage, slavery, hypnosis, corruption, sluttification, being forced to wear sexy outfits, degrading names (toy, slut, etc)
Offs: Scat, watersports, bloodplay, snuff
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

GunmetalDreamer

Quote from: AnneReinard on February 22, 2018, 12:21:52 PM
Alice-4

Aw, she's a cutie.

I like the format too, kinda makes me want to go back and put more meat on my own submission.

Angie

Forgot to add in STR bonus to Solar Blade, but it's a moot point.

Arcanist

Ishihara, Rei
Class: 1st level Icon Envoy
Alignment: Neutral Good

Background:
Rei knew from young that she was going to be a journalist and a good one at that. From that day onwards, she wrote and wrote and wrote. Instead of playing cops and robbers,
or doctor and patients, she will play the investigative reporter. Looking for that scoop or interviewing her parents and friends and writing "articles". When she got to high school,
she interned herself at local news network station of their quarter. She just turned up one day after school and helped around the place. Although she did not do much serious
journalistic work, she learned quickly, and her enthusiasm rubbed off on the other staff and soon became their mascot. It was around that time; she started winning a number of awards for
her writing.

Majoring in Journalism and Computer Science in College at Absolon Station, she joined the College Paper. She did very well and was soon well known among the other students.
Graduating with honors, she landed her dream job at the largest information networks on Absolon Station. Unfortunately, her immediate boss was an absolute jerk. Other than avoiding
constant inappropriate touches, less overt sexual harressment and innuendo, she made coffee, bought lunches, took calls, complied and summarized news reports and anything
else that needed doing.

An opportunity for her came when she picked up a call from one of her immediate bosses contacts. Apparently, girls were disappearing at a club at the station. Rumors had it that they were being sold as sex slaves. Finally a story! Instead of taking the message, she decided to investigate the human trafficking rumors. With a bit of research, she took on a different personality.
One that was wild, sensual, always the life of the party. It was a complete opposite from her usually introverted self. Night after night she went to the club and soon gained the attention of
some unwanted eyes. Next thing she knew, she was drugged and woke up naked in an apartment with 3 other similarly undressed girls.

The girls seem to be enjoying themselves and can't wait to be sold as sex slaves. They did everything to convince Rei of the fact. It was like living in an alternate reality. The girls were waiting joyfully to get sold. Anxiously waiting for her captor to show up, he finally did. He treated Rei well enough and started staring at her and repeated the same spiel about the exciting future
that was in store for her. There was nothing charismatic or handsome about the man. Nothing he said made sense. The other girls seem to be lapping it up. Instinct told her to act like the
other girls. Throwing herself at his feet, he decided to choose for some private time. This proved to be his undoing as when he was suitably distracted while removing his clothes, she
picked up a decorative statue and brought it down hard on his head, knocking him out. She then used some restraints she found conveniently by his bed and restrained him.

Searching his quarters and computer. She found out that he had used magic to keep the girls in line. Lucky for her, she did not seem to have been affected by it, maybe it was her strong will.
She found evidence in the form of bank transfers, letters, files and images both in hard and soft copy. His clients included prominent businessman, politicians, and celebrities. He also did not work alone and in fact works with a large gang in the Station. Making a copy of everything that she can, she took everything. Returning to the girls, she convinced them that they needed to go shopping to present themselves to their buyers tonight. Escaping the apartment with the girls, they found their way to station security and she told them everything and gave them a copy of
the evidence. It was a major breakthrough in an on-going case. Arrests were made, charges laid, reputations lost, but more importantly, the girls taken care off and reunited with family, and Rei was smack bang in the middle of the story of the year.

Exhausted and drained, she decides to take a holiday and in a few weeks return to her job as a senior investigative journalist at Galactic Information Network.

Description:
Rei is of Minkai descent
Height: 5 feet     Weight: 100ibs     Age: 18
Hair: Long Black Hair     Eyes: Black
Build: Athletic and small framed
Languages: Common, Minkai, Vesk and Shirren

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Ability Scores:
Str:     10 (+0)   Dex:    12 (+1)     Con:     10 (+0)
Int:     14 (+2)   Wis:     10 (+0)     Cha:     17 (+3)

Initiative, Health and Resolve
Initiative:     +1     Stamina Points:     6/6     Hit points: 10/10     Resolve Points: 4/4

Skills:
Acrobatics:   +1    Athletics:          +0       Bluff:         +7      Computers:     +6
Culture:       +8     Diplomacy:       +7       Disguise:     +7     Intimidate:     +7
Engineering: +6    Perception:       +4      Profession (Journalist):     +8
Piloting:       +1    Sense Motive:    +4      Stealth:       +5

Saving Throws:
Fortitude:     +0     Reflex:     +3     Will:     +4
Iron Will: +2 saving throws to will
Spellbane: +2 bonus to saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities

Armor Class:
Second Skin (EAC bonus +1 / KAC Bonus +2) EAC 12 / KAC 13

Abilities:
Envoy Improvisation (Inspiring Boost): As a standard action, signal any ally within 30ft who has taken damage. Ally regains 5 stamina points (2X envoy level + Cha mod)
Expertise: 1d6 to Sense Motive and Diplomacy
Skill Expertise: Diplomacy

Feats and Proficiencies:
Iron Will: +2 saving throws to will
Spellbane: +2 bonus to saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities
Theme Knowledge
Skilled
Proficiencies: Light Armor, Basic Melee Weapons, Grenades & Small Arms

Equipment:
Second Skin (250)
Pulsecaster pistol 1d4E Non-Lethal (250)
Computer Tier 2 - Secure Data, Range II, Miniaturised & Self-Charging (450)
Personal Com unit (7)
Flashlight (1)
Toolkit (20)
Medpatch (50)
Backpack (3)
Hygiene kit (3)
Clothing - 2 Professional, 2 Formal, 1 Travel, 10 Everyday (40)
Left over - 26 credits

LizzieV

I've been a bit ill for a few days. Do you need sheets from people or are you still deciding on things?
O/O

Muse

When we build characters, should we equip?  Or do we start in chains while the pirates take their pick of us? 

If so, could it be okay to start with a level 2 sword?  *Shrugs* 

:)  I should probably invest a feat in Advanced Melee if I take the concept in the direction I'm currently thinking of. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

PixelatedPixie

Everyone
So my current plan is to start the characters in groups of 1-4, depending on preference, and to have a few such groups to keep individual scenes manageable, then depending on attrition and what not I will combine as needed.  Though that will be sorted out later.  Still, if anyone thinks their character might fit well with another, or can think of a shared background, that might make things easier.

I will aim to start getting things set up in the next few days. 

AnneReinard
Looks good!

Arcanist
Looks interesting!

LizzieV
I don't need a sheet quite yet, what you posted is fine for now.

Muse
Yes, characters should be equipped.  It might make sense for them not to have weapons, but even if they do I can handwave it with either a bit about lax security, or a central storage for dangerous goods.  I think level+1 is relatively easy to find, so level 2 should be fine unless I am forgetting a rule.

The characters won't start in chains, but rather as the ship is being boarded. 

Arcanist

Angie

One thousand crediterinos. Assuming we're using the regular wealth by level.

Muse

I'm looking at three different images for my star shaman.  Does anyone have feedback? 

Edit:
She's nowhere near done, i just wnat to keep her handy.  https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1504472
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

PixelatedPixie

LizzieV, GunmetalDreamer, Angie, AnneReinard, Arcanist
Please post your characters in the character thread, and start working on a sheet if you haven't!

Characters can go here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=283572.0
The OOC thread is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=283573.0

ShadowFox89
You are probably good to go if you could write up a bit of a background.

Eobelle
Were you still interested in making a new character?

Arcanist
1000 credits for starting equipment.

Muse
I probably prefer the third image.  Did you have a background for her?

Eobelle

I think I'm good, I have been going over the book and nothing has really jumped out at me as something especially unique or interesting.

ShadowFox89

Kit    Human Mechanic 1 HP 10 / 8 RES 1 / 1 STAM 6 / 6 Speed ft Init 1 KAC 14 EAC 13 Fort 2 Ref 3 Will 0 CMB 22 BAB 0 Hunting Rifle +3 (1d8, -)
Tactical Semi-Auto Pistol +1 (1d6, -) Str 10 (0) Dex 12 (1) Con 14 (2) Wis 10 (0) Int 16 (3) Cha 10 (0)

Height:  5ft
Weight:  93lbs
Orientation:  Bisexual

Appearance: Kit stands around 5ft with a fairly light build. Her deep red hair reaches down to her shoulders, her blue-green eyes matches the highlights on her otherwise white and grey jumpsuit. Kit is rarely found outside of her jumpsuit, which tightly hugs to her curves while also providing a fair bit of protection. When she needs to defend herself, Kit relies on her hunting rifle or pistol. A confident smile tends to be on her face, always sure of her next move. Those who are perceptive enough can see her right eye has a bit of a twinkle in it, a prosthetic with an AI system built in, linked directly to her brain.

Personality: Kit is cheery and easygoing, but can get a competitive streak when it comes to matters of computers or machines. When it comes to a subject of her interest, Kit can speak for hours on end, her energy never seeming to run out. Sometimes she can be heard talking to herself, arguing with her personal AI, Huginn. Kit has a bit of a pervy side, having a computer linked between your eye and mind helps with that, though her jobs haven't left her with much time to pursue any romance.

Background: Born on a small colony on the frontier, Kit dreamed of going out and exploring the galaxy someday, seeing all the wonders that could possibly be found. Growing up on the frontier did give her a skill with firearms, though an accident while fixing an atmosphere jumper damaged her right eye. Taking this chance to experiment a bit, and with the help of her mentor, she managed to craft together an exocortex system between her brain and a prosthetic. Her chance to leave came when a freighter made an emergency stop on her backwater little planet. She offered her services to the ship to help with repairs, and they took her aboard. Once back in "civilized" space, Kit transferred to a passenger ship, to better learn the fine details of ship mechanics from more experienced professionals.

Ons: Noncon, bondage, tentacles, exhibitionism, being enslaved, voyeurism
Offs: Watersports, scat, bloodplay, body modification
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Nice image Shadow! 

Trisa Vaughn

In the year 67, a small, mostly human fleet on their way home from a conflict with the Veskarium received garbled transmissions from Absalom Station warning of the Stardust Plague.  Rather than risk infection by returning home, they diverted to the planet Eisen. 

Eisen had been a dwarven mining colony during the Gap.  Conflict sprang up between dwarf and human.  There were several bloody battles across the Seven Cities in the coming years before human dominance was asserted and a good many more in the next century and a half as the human aristocracy occasionally forgot that their vassals were valuable people, skilled craftmasmen, and doughty warriors, and they had to stand together against threats to their now mutual home world. 

Thanks to infrastructure deterioration, high technology weapons were a limited resource—not hard to come buy so much as expensive and generally reserved for important functions.  As such the use analogue weapons with minor enchantments became the norm.  A tradition of courteous dueling sprang up among the aristocracy. 

Basically well born, Trisa Vaughn was encouraged towards the path of a military paramedic by her family.  She enjoyed the study and practice of dueling—feeling that it encouraged courtesy and accountability, and not immune to the romance of having two men willing to fight for her favor—but her true love and greatest fascination was with the stars.  Guided by the temple of Desna on a hillside temple called the Silverstone Observatory, Trisa studied Desna's spirituality and the magic of the star shaman.  At the age of nineteen she took her sword and starknife and caught a ship off world, hoping to see Absalom Station, then as much of the galaxy as she could. 

Not inexperienced in love or particularly shy, Trisa is still a virgin clinging to romantic aspirations of finding a soul mate to share her journeys. 

Muse

AnneReinard

I just have to pipe in that Kit has the most absurdly adorable artwork. I quite like it!

Also a mechanic and android are a match made in heaven.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

ShadowFox89

Funnily enough, I was wanting to make a mechanic since first grabbing the Starfinder book. I just hadn't been able to find a game.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PixelatedPixie

Looks good ShadowFox89 and Muse, please post them in the character thread.