Monster University (Seeking Male Char for Gender Change)

Started by Nazora, April 29, 2012, 08:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Etah dna Evol

- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Annie

Hmm, got interested on this one. Just dunno which char I could make... any suggestions?

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Laughing Hyena

Annie

But the savior role is still open? And, a savior need to be a male, to go through the sex change later?

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Laughing Hyena

I thought there was more then one savior role and that one had to be the whole male to female thing.

Chrystal

You can also make a "support" role character, or even a monster.

I actually find it interesting that of all the monsters in play, I think only the dean is actually MAWD affiliated. All the rest are independent or rogue.

We could certainly do with a few more MAWD members.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Haibane

Mu was independent but it had an interview with the Dean and began working for him, in effect, sort of...

Chrystal

Hmm... I'm wondering whether Kuriko is going to be powerful enough to force rogue and independent monsters back into the fold... She is certainly going to try...

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Nazora

Quote from: Etah dna Evol on May 10, 2012, 09:53:06 PM
So the changes I made are acceptable?

Approved. Though remember, your powers are specific to the change your character will undergo upon becoming a Savior and powering up. As a normal human, you'll only have the powers granted to you by military training, which I think as a special forces soldiers like you described will still be quite formidable. Also remember you won't see any monsters, or be able to sense them at all, as a normal human, unless they reveal themselves to you by attacking. The way you wrote this I would consider your powers as a savior a multiplication of your abilities as a soldier. I think your primary weapon as a savior would be best as a side arm, or dual side arms.

Remember that abusing your powers incurs penalties. You don't need to worry about how long you can use your powers or when the penalties are incurred, as your character won't control that aspect of play. There are some guidelines on power use that I will have to update later.

Hi Annie

The role options in this are a bit overwhelming, and can get confusing at times.

1. Saviors: (All Female, Gender Change From Male Recruit Optional, though specifically looking for characters willing to go through a gender change and all the awkwardness it entails. The gender change characters have to be willing to play through a slow gender change. I'm trying to keep Savior roles limited, so the standards are a bit more stringent. )

2. MGAPS: (Also all female. Essentially the older sisters of the saviors. They work for TAMGAP. I am not recruiting any new MGAPS at this time, I will consider MGAP characters who have already completed a gender change or have been MGAPS for a while. Their goals are the same as the SoS girls, but their methods tend to be leaning more and more toward perverse strategies.)

3. Administrators & Support Staff: (Are the workers who keep the SoS and TAMGAP organizations operational. Many of them are NPC status. But they can easily be played as important characters as they are involved in strategy, tactics, and day to day operations. Any human with the talent to be an administrator can be one. Though they are sometimes former MGAPS, they are usually older adults of high authority. Some of the Henkaku Univ. faculty and students are actually TAMGAP and SoS administrators. The higher administrators are secret characters though.)

4. Monsters: (There are multiple types and allegiances available for any monster character. This is actually the most versatile group for character creation. The most powerful monsters will usually be aligned with MAWD.)

5. Humans: (Can be anyone who is involved with the university but is not any of the above, at least to start with. Humans can be recruited by SoS, be attacked by monsters, turned into monsters, live a blissfully ignorant university life, or become involved in the action through interaction with any of the above. Anyone who attends or works at Henkaku is not immune to what goes on there. Some humans may be able to sense monsters without being part of TAMGAP or SoS, but this must be well explained and approved.)

So, like I said, a wide range here.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Etah dna Evol

Cool, I can't find a link to the RP. So let me know whats goen on and where.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Annie

Interesting... Can I play a human student with some small power (like sense monster, or something even more subtle) that can be enrolled as support or maybe as a Savior much much later in game? Well, when I say that she could be enrolled I mean that's totally optional and would only depends at how the game progresses. ^^

Just trying to understand my options here. ;D

Silk

Quote from: Nazora on May 10, 2012, 07:50:47 PM
Silk, my apologies, I was just trying to help fit your character into the game. It is certainly still open to you and you haven't wasted anybodies time. If you are really going for the gender change element then there are many ways that can be worked in. She can have already completed her transformation, she can be recruited by the remaining MGAP organization (which still exists alongside SoS), or she can still be recruited by SoS. Healing powers are generally considered support powers, so it is not debasing to be in a support role. If you change your mind and want to work out a character and a plan you are always welcome back.

No it's ok, just as I said, don't think I'm what your really looking for in a character, so me trying to participate will just result in others getting annoyed and me getting more depressed that I can't reach the standard your looking for. Mgap wouldnt fit me or the characters I would play so thats out of the question. And I don't really care for the support powers, I was just trying to do something a bit more unique and origonal see where that got me, a redundant support role. x.x

Nazora

Quote from: Annie on May 11, 2012, 12:59:45 PM
Interesting... Can I play a human student with some small power (like sense monster, or something even more subtle) that can be enrolled as support or maybe as a Savior much much later in game? Well, when I say that she could be enrolled I mean that's totally optional and would only depends at how the game progresses. ^^

Just trying to understand my options here. ;D

Completely acceptable, in fact preferred. We always need more students and puny insignificant humans to play with. As far as her power, as long as it is subtle and well explained she can start with a minor power that might be out of the ordinary for most humans. If it is worked out ahead of time it should be fine. Be aware that the TAMGAP mascots are extra protected from observation, so even is she has some clairvoyance she won't be able to see them unless special circumstances arise.

I'm going to work on the game reboot this weekend, though I might see how many characters can be gathered before the playing actually starts. I should be ready within a week, or by next weekend. Though the links may come sooner.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Annie

That's great! Well I would like to know more about the nature of the powers that we have in this game. So, I could think in an interesting way to explain that in my character. I don't want to come up with something cliché like: she had inherited these powers from her mother, a powerful magical girl that died in action. Any info you could give me about it would be really helpful

Chrystal

Quote from: Etah dna Evol on May 11, 2012, 12:52:45 PM
Cool, I can't find a link to the RP. So let me know whats goen on and where.

I think Naz will be posting new links when she's ready.

Nazora

Ah, as far as how you acquired the powers, you have little need to worry about that. A cliched or a creative reason will suffice. If you want, she could have survived a monster attack at a younger age, as having been in contact with a monster will give people a small ability to sense them. But there are numerous other reasons you can come up with, I can't think of anything that wouldn't be frowned upon unless it is really implausible even in a fantasy setting like this. There was an Ainu (indigenous Hokkaido people)  character who could even communicate with monsters, she was Haibaine's character so if you want to know more communicate with her.  Now if your character becomes a Savior or an MGAP your powers will be worked between yourself and the game masters.

I have to rework the front posts, then I will post new links. Links to the OOC and Character thread are posted on the front page. I am not yet ready to open the setting threads.
All about what I like!

Annie

Quote from: Nazora on May 13, 2012, 10:51:21 AM
Ah, as far as how you acquired the powers, you have little need to worry about that. A cliched or a creative reason will suffice. If you want, she could have survived a monster attack at a younger age, as having been in contact with a monster will give people a small ability to sense them. But there are numerous other reasons you can come up with, I can't think of anything that wouldn't be frowned upon unless it is really implausible even in a fantasy setting like this.

You gave me a nice idea. She could be a survivor from a monster attack, when she wasn't even born yet. I'll let most details unknown, so we can follow any path that could better fit the history later. Well, that's what she would know about this attack: exactly 18 yeas ago (her age), a monster attacked a building were her parents worked. Her parents, among other co-workers, were saved. About some weeks later, her mother discovered that she was pregnant. Everything went fine from now on: she was born and they were a happy family... Until some years later (15, to be exact) when every survivor from that attack started to die in that year, from a unknown kind of cancer.

Now, she doesn't know about the other survivors dying from the same disease that killed her parents, in the same year. And her parents never said to her what happened in the attack. So, no one can tell if she was just exposed to some kind of "radiation" when still a fetus or if she is , indeed, "related" to the monster. And no one could explain why she didn't developed the same disease. Of course she doesn't question herself about this, since she doesn't even dream about all of these info.

About her power, she is a sensor. But is something very subtle and she never realised that there's a connection between what she feels and the presence of a monster. About what she feels, is basically an alteration in one of her five senses. A blurry vision, a strange noise, some strange taste on her mouth... when the monster is more powerful, more senses are affected at once.

If you approve this idea, I'll work on my char asap. ^^

Haibane

Great ideas Annie! Love them, especially the reaction being one of her normal senses being affected.

Laughing Hyena

Annie

Thank you!! Then, I'll work ahead and make her sheet. So, Nazora can judge her. ^^

Haibane

Quote from: Annie on May 15, 2012, 10:18:23 AM
I'll work ahead and make her sheet.
Hhahaha! Sorry. Um. I just laughed out loud when I read that. I have such a perverse mind.

Kimera

looks interesting, still looking for more players?

Annie

Quote from: Haibane on May 15, 2012, 10:35:53 AM
Hhahaha! Sorry. Um. I just laughed out loud when I read that. I have such a perverse mind.

LOL. XD

Yeah, I should avoid such obvious puns. But, for me, they're not that obvious, since english is a second language to me. ^^

Haibane

LOL @ Kimera. Its a St Arcadia take-over! Waaaah!

Annie

Quote from: Haibane on May 15, 2012, 12:09:28 PM
LOL @ Kimera. Its a St Arcadia take-over! Waaaah!

Lol, Hai. What about a Leona monster? XD