My Picture

Started by Zakharra, May 26, 2006, 08:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zakharra

My forums avatar/picture has vanished  ??? and I don't know how to get it back. I liked that drow picture.

GoldenChild

GoldenChild

Quote from: Vekseid on May 26, 2006, 01:30:56 AM
It's being uploaded to the /Uploaded category in the avatars, you'll get to select it again :-p

Zakharra

Oh. I'll look for it.

Mika

I miss my pic too
*cries*
A bisexual female RPer looking for a good time and lots of new experience in everything and is open to just about any situation. Just ask. ;)

Am I still an angel if my horns hold up my halo?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4375.

Zakharra

I found it!!  ;D 

If it's a custom one, it's in the profile picture list under Uploaded. It might take awhile to find it so be patient.

Elvi

Go into your profile.
Click Forum Profile Information (left hand side of your screen)

Click Personalised Picture button.

In the options click [uploaded]

A box next to that will give a list of numbers.
If you know your user ID number, then find that number, select it and that will bring up your avatar, if you don't then you will have to hunt.

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

GoldenChild

Is there any way you can know your ID number without having to ask you guys?

Elvi

Well from what I can see I cannot look at that information, infact I have had to ask lilac for clarification of an ID number before now.

Whether that is me being thick, I don't know, only another goddess could tell you that.....*smiles*

However, if you have your origional notification email, it should be on there and a little hint is, the newer the player, the higher your idea number will be.

So (for instance) Fyrangel was the last one to be signed up, so her ID number is the highest, Lilac the first, so she is the lowest and 1.......

GoldenChild

Anyway... I didn't know mine so I searched through the pictures... took a while ;)

Elvi

Ah.......yes I have found out how to find them, but please ask me as a last resort.
I don't want to have to spend the next week or so hunting user ID's for people.....sorry folks.....

Vekseid

Quote from: GoldenChild on May 26, 2006, 09:21:32 AM
Is there any way you can know your ID number without having to ask you guys?

When you click on your profile, you will see a u=401 (or some other number) in your URL bar.  That's your user number, or anyone else's.

King_Furby

thanks that helped alot.

Elvi

See?
Knew someone would make me look thick.......*grins*

Vekseid

Nothing thick about you Elvi :-)

Elvi

Oh stop it....you're making a girl blush......

Vekseid

A case example of why when a woman says "Stop it!", it really means "Keep going!"

Elvi

*laughs*

Sorry Vekseid, you'd still not get me to be all submissive, no matter how much you flatter me!

Violet Maui

In the case of the missing pictures, would it not be easier for people to upload them to their own image-saver-place-thing and use their own URLs? ::Clings to hers cause it didn't vanish with everyone else's.::
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me. So tie me up and throw me down, to show me that you like me."

Offs & Ons :: PM if interested!

King_Furby

i first tried that but i did not work. So i just had to find it on the list.

Elvi

You shouldn't be able to download other images now, that was the reason they were saved in this way.
Downloading was causing problems.
(As discussed in thread further back)

King_Furby

i am just glad i got my avatar back.

Vekseid

Quote from: Elvi on May 26, 2006, 02:18:23 PM
You shouldn't be able to download other images now, that was the reason they were saved in this way.
Downloading was causing problems.
(As discussed in thread further back)

Err, it was the way SMF was handling attachments and uploaded avatars that caused downloading (or simply viewing) to be a problem.  The selectable avatars are just dandy for downloading.

Elvi

SEE?
All this bloody techno babble stuff......
*throws up hands and walks off sniffling*

Vekseid

Quote from: Elvi on May 26, 2006, 03:50:22 PM
SEE?
All this bloody techno babble stuff......
*throws up hands and walks off sniffling*

Aww, it's okay *comforts*