News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Gordon Brown

Started by mrbilly, March 23, 2009, 04:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbilly

As most of the people on here are American, I was wondering what your views on Gordon Brown were, in comparison to say Tony Blair. I always thought Americans had a soft spot for Blair, but I am not sure about Brown...

Marlow

Americans had a soft spot for Blair because he was so pro-American. Brown has been attempting to move away from the mesh Blair created with the States, and so I wouldn't be too surprised if some of the Americans here are a little less than enthusiastic about Brown.

That being said, I'm Canadian, so this is a 'foreign' (if you can even call it foreign) point of view...
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

mrbilly

And your personal view?

Marlow

For Canada he hasn't been much different than Blair. However, many Canadians are getting awful tired of being in Afghanistan (I being one of those Canadians), so Brown, not being nearly as pro-Afghanistan as Blair and wanting out as well, is good in my books.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

Apple of Eris

American View: Oh, I love his show on the Food Network!
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Marlow

Quote from: Apple of Eris on March 23, 2009, 05:38:34 PM
lol, well played madam.

Nadir

I'm English. I prefer Blair to Brown, because Blair is the man who was elected in the first place. Brown would not be able to get the votes in an election, which is why he's backed out of holding the one he promised last year. Blair made decisions - some good, some bad, but he did his best to follow them through. Brown couldn't carry through anything even as a MP. Brown is a coward and an unreliable and therefore dangerous leader. 

Trieste

Quote from: Apple of Eris on March 23, 2009, 05:38:34 PM

Damnit, Apple beat me to it.

Apple of Eris

*is sneaky quick like that*
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Sugarman (hal)

Quote from: Trieste on March 29, 2009, 03:10:30 PM
Damnit, Apple beat me to it.

yes.. 90% of America don't know anything more then we are fed... don't ask us... we be blind :o
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's