Where can I post a custom-system that can easily be referenced to in my RP's?

Started by Snow Nymph, July 09, 2016, 02:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow Nymph

I've been playing around with a custom system I've been designing with the help of my fellow RP partners - and it is getting a bit text-heavy.  On one occasion I even tried to embed it in a post and it pushed the post beyond the maximum number of characters allowed.  In part, because I had a ton of reference material to put in there on a GMing game that is over a year long.  Additionally, whenever I make any modifications, I have to edit all the posts I put it in, and that alone is annoying in and of itself.

Is there anyway I can create a thread solely containing my system rules, that I can place as a link in any other RP I use those rules in?  It will solve both of my current dilemmas, keeping my intro posts simple without spoilers of a huge ruleset, and wouldn't force me to update every RP I ever used it in.

Right now I have it in my on's/off's, and I know I could link to it, but I keep other info there too and it feels super overloaded.  Plus I don't like the idea of putting a link down that forces people to scroll down just to get to the system rules.

In-site solutions preferred!

Would appreciate any help in the matter~

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Snow Nymph

Missed that when I was looking at the home page.  Threads there don't get deleted after a period of time right?  That would be highly unpleasant...

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Snow Nymph

Vekseid

The wiki is also a good place for this sort of thing. : )

Worldbuilding would be good for discussion, but asking for a blog could also work.