"The Walking Dead" Inspired Group Story: No Longer Seeking Characters

Started by GnothiSeauton, February 10, 2012, 01:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

No Longer Seeking Characters

After the death of a group game of the same theme and the expressed interest of a few who were both apart of it and others, I decided to bring it up and see if there would be anyone interested in joining.  It's a essentially in the vein of The Walking Dead, in that it's a group of survivors just trying to survive the infection.  It would be an original story with original characters.

Right now details are scarce.  There are four people, including myself, who are interested in re-starting/starting a new story of it.  I've sort of taken on the role of managing the game, and would like to have people join up who are somewhat active on the forum (it doesn't have to be every single day, but perhaps a few times a week).  The previous story moved a little quickly with people posting somewhat regularly until interest was lost for a few and other issues outside of Elliquiy took place. 

Some information about the Zombies:  (A) Limited sight for those who can see (i.e. those who aren't missing eyes from wounds).  (B) Heightened sense of smell.  (C) Some are of the slow moving, others move quicker than most.  (D) The hungrier they are, the more dangerous they are.  (E) Massive head trauma (i.e. bullet to the brain, smashed in head, complete severing of the head, electrocution, prolonged fire to the head, etc) will effectively kill them.  (F) Bites and scratches will spread the infection.  (G) They don't sleep; They're always on the move looking for food.

The story will probably begin somewhere rural, or perhaps a small town.  The large cities are massive centers of infected.  As for the story, I personally would like to see them on the move rather than being holed up inside some safe-haven of sorts where everything interesting is happening outside the barriers.  Let's make it interesting instead of slow behind walls.  Perhaps they're moving somewhere, like some sort of settlement for survivors.  Maybe they're heading north for the cold weather to provide something of a natural defense.  Details can be discussed at length with those who are in the story.  As for a time frame, it would take place a month or two after the mass outbreak.

Details about the town: 
The Town of Lakeview

1.  Small town in upstate New York, once a close-knit community before the outbreak.  With the arrival of the infection, people began to leave town.  Some stayed, boarded up their houses, etc.
2.  Rural, with a main road going right through the town (Main Street)
3.  Large lake to the west of town, series of hills and woods to the north and west.
4.  Relatively small hospital located just south of town.
5.  Neighborhoods and pockets of housing developments located by the hills and on the outskirts of the town.
6.  Grid system of streets.
7.  Sheriff’s Station has a small stockpile of weapons and gear.
8.  Main highway and interstate located to the east, just beyond the hills and woods.
9.  Other features of the town include:  Gas and Auto Repair station, Movie Theater, Old rail station from decades ago, small hardware store, small electronics store, an old country music radio station and tower, used car lot, general store, clothing boutiques and stores, etc.

As for characters, it's all really up to you.  Let's have some variety, eh?  I, and I think others, don't want to have everyone some sort of gun expert of soldier or mercenary that survived the outbreak.  There can definitely be some, but let's have some variety for interest sake.

Character sheet: 
Picture or Image of your Character
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Inventory:[/b]
[b]Personality/Biography:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]  (This is for whether you want something like an NPC Family Member (within the rules of Elliquiy), animal/pet, etc...)

Links
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Bloody Rose

as I said before I will join of course if you would have me.

Edit:

Brian Johnson
Skills: Very Smart, some could say he is one of the smartest people alive. He is very observant in just about anything and everything. Limited firearms training (Knows the basics of it), computer and technology expert (even though that don't matter much in this world)
Inventory: Laptop computer, Few bottles of water, Standard police pistol, steel bat, tape.
Personality/Biography:
Personality: He is the type of guy that stands in the corner and looks at everybody reacting for awhile before coming over and telling each and every one of them things they never thought about. He is very quiet and to himself most of the time. He loves to read and if you get him with a intelligent conversation he will open up very fast. He is very loyal to those who respect him and could care less for those who don't. Knowing a bit about everything except fighting makes him a target for jokes often but he quickly and often bat those off with quick remarks about the people that bullies him. He is the type of guy that you can trust with your deepest secret and he would not tell anybody unless he is given permission. 

Bio:(Will wait on some more info about the town we are starting. Also will wait to see if people want to already know him before the infection or whatever ^^. Bio coming soon)
Other:  He has a dog named Luna who is very loyal to him and obeys him.

GnothiSeauton

You're definitely in Zarazel :) 

If you want to move your Character info over to the Character Thread (link above) feel free to do it.  I'll wait and see the interest level before getting to work on the town
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Lisabeth

Name: Amanda Harris
Nickname Amy
Skills: Musician : Amy is skilled with most musical instruments. Greenthumb: Amy loves flowers threes and growing things and is skilled in growing a wide variety of Plants. 
Inventory:A weeks worth of personal rations of food and water, an acoustic guitar, a 12 gage shotgun, 25 shotgun shells.   
Personality/Biography:
Bio: Boring in Manchester, England, From a young age Amy showed remarkable musical talent. Gifted with a beautiful singing voice and skill with most instruments she strived to play her parents knew Amy was destined for stardom. Honing her skills with vocal lessons and musical training Amy swiftly learned the ropes of the Music industry and by the time she graduated high school her band was in the process of being signed. A year later she was topping the charts in the UK. Flying to new york to begin touring the United States, she was well on the fast track to international stardom. that would all change the day the dead began there assault on the living. Trapped on the other end of the world so far from her family and friends, lost in a sea of the dead Amy tries her best to survive never letting hope die that maybe her homeland wasn't hit as bad as this one had been and maybe she would one day be united with her loved ones.
Personality: Amy is upbeat and witty. Always striving to be the center of attention she tries her best to keep spirits high with a warm smile or cheerful song. unskilled all forms of combat she relies heavily on others for her protection yet if necessary fights with a police issue 12 gage "Street Sweeper", a weapon she is rarely seen without.
Other: None

"Searchers of Horror haunt strange, far places..."
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

Cal1496

Hey all, was just wondering for one, if you guys are interested in getting any more people involved?  And if you are, is someone is up for brainstorming character idea's?

I have one involving a divorsed or broken up couple and there child?  Just the kinda thing where zombies broke out, guy goes to collect his daughter, not like he is going to leave mommy behind to get eaten...Though depending on bad things got, perhaps would have been preferable ;)

Anyway, just wondering.  Looks like a great idea though!

GnothiSeauton

Lisabeth:  I really like your character.  Sounds like she would be a great addition.  Approved.  You can go ahead an post her to the Character thread linked at the top.

Cal1496:  Hey there, we're definitely still interested in getting people involved.  Your idea sounds interesting.  How old were you considering the kid to be? 

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Also, updated with some general information about the town for the beginning of the story.

Seeking New Stories

Cal1496

Rather young, like six or seven.  Though in actually thinking it through, might swap the entire idea of a kid, depending how other people feel.  I mean this is an adult site with adult content, and though not all stories include that, and I know no one would actually try anything of that nature with the kid.  I wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfertable by having a young child in the story line while that stuff is going on with other characters.

I do still like the idea of a seperated couple being stuck together though.  So if anyone is up for that, I'm game.  And still for the kid just as long the GM and the group in general are comfortable with it. 

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Cal1496 on February 10, 2012, 04:29:52 PM
Rather young, like six or seven.  Though in actually thinking it through, might swap the entire idea of a kid, depending how other people feel.  I mean this is an adult site with adult content, and though not all stories include that, and I know no one would actually try anything of that nature with the kid.  I wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfertable by having a young child in the story line while that stuff is going on with other characters.

I do still like the idea of a seperated couple being stuck together though.  So if anyone is up for that, I'm game.  And still for the kid just as long the GM and the group in general are comfortable with it. 

I believe, going off of what was discussed last time the story was attempted, that underage characters are alright in the role play as long as they aren't involved in sexual themes.  I would wait a little bit before going ahead with the plan to make the kid that young, just to get a better idea of what the other members think and feel.  It is one of those gray areas that, from my experiences, not many writers on here are comfortable with. 

Seeking New Stories

TheHangedOne

You might want to ask a staff member, just to make sure that it's completely groovy to use a kid in the rp.

Other then my two cents there, I am definitely interested in playing the game. Got room for a genre-savvy geek type?  :-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Cal1496

I certainly understand that and don't want to make anyone uncomfertable.

So I'll just hold off on commiting the character I make to having the kid and leave his bio just a bit more open ended?  Would that work?

Edit:  After giving a quick look over the rules it seems that there are no rules against having children in RP's, they just can absolutely not be involved in any sexual situations.  And no picture's what so ever of under age persons are to be posted on the site.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Cal1496 on February 10, 2012, 04:47:15 PM
I certainly understand that and don't want to make anyone uncomfertable.

So I'll just hold off on commiting the character I make to having the kid and leave his bio just a bit more open ended?  Would that work?

Edit:  After giving a quick look over the rules it seems that there are no rules against having children in RP's, they just can absolutely not be involved in any sexual situations.  And no picture's what so ever of under age persons are to be posted on the site.

That was what I thought.  Just to be on the safe side, I posed the question in the Help section, so hopefully we should be getting clarification.  But yeah, I would wait just to get an idea of what everyone feels about it.  If you would like to plan the Bio, be my guest.  Just go ahead and post a character here for approval.  Also, if you're looking for someone to play the ex-wife, I would be willing to help you out if no one else is interested.  Sounds like it could be interesting.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on February 10, 2012, 04:42:50 PM
You might want to ask a staff member, just to make sure that it's completely groovy to use a kid in the rp.

Other then my two cents there, I am definitely interested in playing the game. Got room for a genre-savvy geek type?  :-)

Hey there :)  We're definitely still open for more characters.  Go ahead and post a character sheet here for approval.

Seeking New Stories

playfullchick76

name- Andi Dennings.
Age- 27
Profession- Model.

Andi was one of several models on a shoot in Boston when the infection began. She had no idea what was going on, and didnt even believe it until she saw her first walker, one who bit one of their drivers. The rest of them took off, trying to find somewhere safe, but with everyone worried about their families, the group soon separated, leaving Andi on her own. Doing what she had to to survive, she found a 30 foot RV that worked, and used that to drive around in and take shelter in.

Inventory- her clothes, a shotgun that she found in an abandoned cruiser, baseball bat, and a Ruger 9mm pistol, one of only a few left in a gun store that she slipped into one morning. She had some firearm training, but not a lot.

Thats my new character, someone with some guns, but not as much skill with them.

grovercjuk

Name: Sam Harris
Nickname Sammy
Skills: Streetwise, knife fighting, lockpicking, burglary.
Inventory: Various illegal drugs, combat knife, Glock, lock picks, food, water, rope.

Personality/Biography:
Bio: Sam as they say was born on the wrong side of the tracks and the wrong side of the bed too. Saying his mother put it around a tad was a somewhat polite way of putting it. Marcia liked a good time and she was not that picky provided that they had money and spent it on her.

So Sam grew up in a house where each day there could be another ‘uncle’ at the breakfast table. His mother’s attention seemed to be telling him to be out because she was entertaining.  Thus it was no surprise that he grew up on the streets, learning to fight, to steal and to have ambition.

Ambition that led Sam of course to one route out of the estate, out of poverty, selling drugs was probably the only way that he would ever have money. So that is what he did and he was earning a reasonable living. Moving up in the gang’s ranks when the world turned to shit.

Not that really for Sam it was not that major a change, true those that had wanted to kill him in the past had used knives and guns rather than trying to eat his face. But still living on the edge, outside the comfort of law had been his life and in many ways there was no change.

TheHangedOne

So, I will edit this as needed, since he is, perhaps, a little too prepared for the group.

Questions, though. Are we playing that everybody knows each other already, and have been together for a length of time? Or are we going to have the initial scene be their meeting each other, and being forced to work together due to circumstances?

Name: Edgar "Eddie" Rudvitch
Skills: Cooking: Quite the accomplished chef, he's been cooking for himself and for others since he was little. He's good at improvising meals on the fly, too.
Precocious: Edgar picks up on things very quickly. He is also an autodidact.
Risk Assessment: Risk Assessment is a step in Risk Management which involves determining the quantitative or qualitative value of risk related to a concrete situation and a recognized threat (also called hazard). In Layman's terms: He is very good about figuring out just how dangerous a situation can be.
Planning: Edgar is skilled at coming up with plans, even when under pressure and on the fly. Combined with his ability to assess risks, he is able to come up with a wide range of plans, and contingency plans that compliment them. A glaring problem is that while he is good at planning, he lacks the practical experience and skills to actually enact these plans, in most cases.
Russian: He is fluent in Russian, and to a lesser extent, Ukrainian. English is, however, his primary language.
Motorcycling: While completely unfamiliar with how to drive a regular car, he is quite excellent on a set of wheels.
Inventory: Boy Scout's of America Field Book (1971 edition, making it outdated), aluminum baseball bat, seven inch folding pocket knife, leather biker armor and helmet, leather gloves ,  backpack with ten pounds of dry food stuffs, canned goods and bottled water (Figure he's sort of the de-facto chef of the group, so is likely responsible for carrying those supplies), a Kawasaki Ninja 250, spare canister of fuel (assuming they are using cars), waterproofed matches, survival kit in a bottle , sports first aid kit.
Personality/Biography: Edgar's always been a quiet kid. When others played out in the yard, he sat inside, reading books. While others goofed around and failed their classes, he was a straight A student.  He always minded his own business, and seemed content to just leave the rest of the world alone, so long as it left him alone.

When he was in high school, and well into college, he worked at his father's diner as an assistant chef.  Even after he graduated, he continued to do the work, eventually taking over so that his father could retire.
Other:
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

GnothiSeauton

Playfullchick, TheHangedMan, and grovercjuk, you all are approved.  Feel free to post your characters into the Character Thread (link at the top).

The Main Story is up and running, located here.

Seeking New Stories

elfguy

Name: Janie Hill

Skills: Good with communication equipment, electronics, firearms and hand to hand combat

Inventory: Army shirt, pants, boots, sunglasses, handgun, extra clips, hunting knife, electronics repair tools, army issued short wave radio, cheap Nokia cellphone, a few bars of chocolate

Personality/Biography: Janie is a military officer in the US Army, having just finished her officer training a few months ago. She specialized in becoming a Communications Engineer, and worked on various radio and tower equipment for the Army. She also learned basic fighting skills like using handheld weapons and some hand to hand techniques, but she's never been in actual combat before. She's rather shy and usually likes to keep to herself, but likes to find friendly faces. When the outbreak happened, she was out in the middle of nowhere working alone on a relay tower for a satellite system. She spent almost a week there by herself, and when she came back, hell had already broken loose. She tried to contact her unit, or anyone she could, with no luck, so she stayed low, trying to avoid the infected, then headed straight to a nearby building to try and be safe, and think of a way to get some help.

Other: My only offs would be death and futa/herma.
----

RedEve

Would all the characters come from the town or can they also arrive there after the Zombie Apocalypse started?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Bloody Rose

Rachubka

Totally in! AAAH! Was crazy craving something zombie like and since I am totally in love with G, this is perfect!

I just got shit for time at le moment, so maaaaybe tomorrow I can post a character up? It'll probably be a female unless people don't mind a boy who is absolutely perfect because that's the only way I seem to be able to roleplay them. Haha. :)

GnothiSeauton

Elfguy, you're approved.  Go right ahead and post her into the Character thread and jump on in whenever.

Quote from: RedEve on February 12, 2012, 01:42:07 PM
Would all the characters come from the town or can they also arrive there after the Zombie Apocalypse started?

Right now most of the characters are arriving after the outbreak.  There are some I believe who are/were residents of the town, but for the post part people are pretty much wandering in.

Quote from: Rachubka on February 12, 2012, 05:03:17 PM
Totally in! AAAH! Was crazy craving something zombie like and since I am totally in love with G, this is perfect!

I just got shit for time at le moment, so maaaaybe tomorrow I can post a character up? It'll probably be a female unless people don't mind a boy who is absolutely perfect because that's the only way I seem to be able to roleplay them. Haha. :)

Hey there :)

Go right ahead and come up with a character.  Female is definitely fine.

Seeking New Stories

BellaVita

I love this idea! I'll be editing this post and making a character if that's alright. :D

Name:  Olivia Reynolds

Skills: Medical knowledge; sewing skills

Inventory: Backpack with some medical supplies, a sewing kit, a handgun with a few rounds left, a tire iron she found, her clothes, a blanket, a few bottles of water and a box of crackers.

Personality/Biography:

Olivia grew up in Lakeview, her parents were loving people who sent her off to college after highschool so she could pursue a nursing career. She loves this town and it's people so she came back after she was done with school to work in the local clinic. She is a kind and caring person, with a good head on her shoulders. She knows how to keep calm in even the most hectic of situations and this has always been a good advantage for her.

Other: ((let me know if you want our characters to have a history))

Rachubka

Name: Daelin Howe
Skills: Basic first aid, exceptional conditioning

Inventory: A duffel bag of salvaged clothing (items of note being: pink mittens for breast cancer research, a fitted leather jacket, knee high leather boots, and headbands, hairbands, and elastics galore), an iPod classic with car charger, a beat up, silver, 2006 Toyota Corolla with typical accompaniments, a backpack with a week's worth of food and water (nothing natural - mostly Funyons), a small, emergency first aid kit, Blackberry Bold 9900 with car charger, cheap Sony earbuds, Rayban aviator sunglasses, an aluminum baseball bat, and 6", stainless steel hunting knife with sheath and sharpening stone.

Personality/Biography: Daelin was very much an average girl living the average dream up until the crisis. A girl, growing up in the age of
technology, learning about pharmaceuticals at the college in Albany, New York, a healthy trek from her home state of California. She was never quite as studious as her parents expected her to be; her interests were more in socializing and athletics. Still, she managed a healthy balance and was well on her way to graduating before the outbreak started.

Oddly, she's managed to survive up to this point by being as introverted and selfish as possible. As soon as things were getting wild and barbaric in Albany (zombies or otherwise), Daelin made the trek further upstate. Her fascination with zombie movies and the 'culture' was something of a well kept secret, something she dabbled in on those off nights where she had nothing to do. Being 'familiar' with all of this made it easier for her to forget about her family back home or how her friends were doing.

Other: Nada.

Bloody Rose

I dont like how nobody offered to be nobodies brother or sister or whatever this group its just a bunch of strangers loool. However I see no problem with your profiles but if I were you I would wait for the bosses to say nai or yai.

GnothiSeauton

Rachubka, BellaVita, you two are approved.  Go ahead and post your characters into the Character thread and feel free to jump in whenever.

Quote from: Zarazel on February 14, 2012, 01:13:59 PM
I dont like how nobody offered to be nobodies brother or sister or whatever this group its just a bunch of strangers loool.

I actually considered doing something like that for my character, haha.  I seriously considered having a sister in there, but right now I'm swamped as it is.

---

With the addition of Rachubka and Bella Vita, I think we're pretty much set with characters at the moment.  No longer accepting characters unless someone decides to drop out.

Seeking New Stories