The Story Lottery - Feedback and Chatter

Started by Britwitch, August 20, 2019, 12:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lovely Complex

Quote from: Britwitch on October 25, 2021, 02:37:00 PM
Essentially we're looking for more female character writers to sign up as those are the ones that are almost always in short supply.
I don’t mind writing as a female as long as the partner is okay with it. :) Anything to help out with the draw.

Chou chou rheastar

Kitteredge

I'm in to write female, but really mostly into f/f right now, so that's a recursive double plus ungood something or other.

EDIT: If you need an F for a M, then I'll do that.

Britwitch

The sign up thread is now locked.

Having done a quick check, the draw should just about work out. Hoping to have the partnerships up by the end of the weekend.*

Thanks to all who signed up to take part!!

Have to admit my brain isn't going quite as swiftly as I'd like thanks to having tested positive for Covid a couple of days ago. But! The distraction of organising the partnerships is a welcome one! <3

Current status : Selectively seeking new stories

clonkertink

Kitteredge

Hope you feel better Britwitch. I got it earlier this year and it's a bit nervewracking.

Britwitch

Now that I feel overall much more human and my brain seems to have returned to something resembling functionality...going to try and get the partnerships sorted out and posted up today!

Andronica

Thank you so much Brit for your dedication to the Lottery, and I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. <3

Britwitch

I have to admit I've been putting off writing this but I don't want to leave people hanging indefinitely.

The partnerships are just not coming together at the moment, as wonderful as it was to have so many names sign up (and it really really was - thank you so much to all of you for wanting to take part <3) I'm still struggling to find suitable partners for everyone whilst also trying to make sure that people don't get paired up with people they've written with before.

Part of it, I'm sure, is the sluggish feeling I've been left with after catching Covid a couple of weeks ago and rather than keep people waiting until my brain feels up to sorting things out, I figure it'd be kinder and wiser to cancel the draw altogether for the time being.

I usually halt the draw for December anyway as people are usually too busy to commit to new things so I'm going to hold the next draw in January 2022 with a few changes to the system to hopefully breathe some life back into the Lottery.

It's not the end. Not by a long straw. It's just a break.

<3

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Britwitch on November 16, 2021, 01:41:48 PM
I have to admit I've been putting off writing this but I don't want to leave people hanging indefinitely.

The partnerships are just not coming together at the moment, as wonderful as it was to have so many names sign up (and it really really was - thank you so much to all of you for wanting to take part <3) I'm still struggling to find suitable partners for everyone whilst also trying to make sure that people don't get paired up with people they've written with before.

Part of it, I'm sure, is the sluggish feeling I've been left with after catching Covid a couple of weeks ago and rather than keep people waiting until my brain feels up to sorting things out, I figure it'd be kinder and wiser to cancel the draw altogether for the time being.

I usually halt the draw for December anyway as people are usually too busy to commit to new things so I'm going to hold the next draw in January 2022 with a few changes to the system to hopefully breathe some life back into the Lottery.

<3

Totally understand to take care of you darling
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Kitteredge

<3

Take care of yourself. I came down with it, despite everything, back in April and the brain fog and lack of focus was rough. I feel like I've recovered from a lot of that part, but it took a while. Much hope that you kick it quickly!

Bezukhov

<3

Hey, Brit! Joining the others just to tell you that life comes first and you should definitely take care of yourself. Like Kitteredge, I had to struggle with Covid and its aftermath for quite a while before recovery. That sluggish feeling will go away and we'll be here waiting for you!
| ONs & OFFs | Request Thread | always up for brainstorming

domatt67

<3

Just wanted to ask politely if I missed something on my side - especially because this would have been my first time participating. But now I discovered this. Huhm... yes I'm a patient person, well others would call it sloppy to discover it just so late. ;-)

Well, however: Thanks for letting us know. I see strength and courage in this decision and I hope I can participate in January 2022.

I wish you a peaceful and happy holiday season and that the sluggish feeling disappears completely. It took a few weeks on my side a year ago.

Have a good time and thank you for all the thoughts and effort you put into the "Story Lottery".

Britwitch

As I see we've had a few new people add participant profiles, I think it might be time to organise a draw! ;D

It's a little too close to the end of the month to organise it now but will be aiming to get it set up for the end of April, all being well.

Lovely Complex

I am so excited to see this announcement!

atenai

Ooh! Just when I'm finally ready to try and start writing again! Perfect timing!

*goes to edit profile to make sure it's clear*
~Atenai

IRL Status: Offline. On hiatus.

Atenai's Addictions (O/Os & Ideas), Requests, and Apologies [NEW! 17 Jun '23]
Elluiki User Page (Bio, Stories Old and New)   "Fucking insatiable, teasing brat."

Lovely Complex

Quote from: atenai on March 28, 2022, 02:17:13 PM
*goes to edit profile to make sure it's clear*
I need to do the same, honestly.

BrightOni

Lovely Complex

Quote from: BrightOni on March 28, 2022, 05:18:35 PM
Oh this seems fun. Why not!
Make sure that you fill the form here and place it in that thread, as well.

Happy to have you along!

Dahling

Super excited to see this happening again!  I can't wait to participate.

Madam Striga

Britwitch

The April 2022 sign up thread is now open! To be entered into the draw this month, add a link to your Participant Profile in this thread.
Please make sure your profile has been updated to show your current preferences. Thank you!

Lovely Complex

Yay!! Can't wait to see the partnerships and I am so glad this is back again! :D

Britwitch

Soooo happy to see so many people signing up!! ;D