Pathfinder Interest Check

Started by Cythieus, June 03, 2010, 05:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cythieus

Going to be running a smallish (4-5 players) Pathfinder game set in the Pathfinder Campaign World of Golarion, which is the main Pathfinder setting. Any information needed to play this game can be gathered off of the SDR and Wiki for Pathfinder. We will be using first level characters, 25 point buy for ability scores (pathfinder point buy is different), 200 starting gold, Core races and classes only, there will be guns but none of you will be able to afford them from the start. ( I will post more about them later).

This is just an interest check, the game's starting city is Falcon's Hollow and the story goes that a traveling group that has recently met on the road rolls into the town to find that someone has begin murdering the prostitutes from the local brothel. The first two victims are found in lewd sexual poses displayed in the center of town. The group offers to help solve the murders at the request of Mistress Azura, the brothel's leader.

THIS WILL NOT BE A COMBAT/RULES HEAVY GAME.

To Start off I'd just like the following from people interested:

Character Name:
Class:
Race:
Sexual Orientation:
Short Back story:
Appearance:

Links:
SDR - All the game rules and Information
Wiki - Setting information

Muse

Ooh, wow, Azrael, I love you premise. 

What section will this be hosted in, with what associated level or lack there of of eroticisim? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Cythieus

Hadn't thought about it before really, more than likely it will be in Play-by-Post: Non-Consensual Human

Muse

Quote from: Azrael, Archangel of Death on June 03, 2010, 08:08:51 AM
Hadn't thought about it before really, more than likely it will be in Play-by-Post: Non-Consensual Human

Fun. 

Any idea how often you'll be making narative posts? 

I'd like too play, but I don't want too get into a six post a day game and hold everyone up! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Cythieus

I try not to push things along that quickly, also kind of want to make sure that people make threads for their one on one interactions, possibly even if its not sexual (say the group splits).

BenedictWolfe

I might possibly be interested. While I'm not huge on Pathfinder, I have wanted to try Golarion out.

RubySlippers

Just asking its listed on the SRD as a basic class, can I be an Elf Artificier? I just think it would be neat an elf with lots of gadgets down the road would through people off thats used to normal magic in the race then she yanks out a gadget,not to mention she could augment her armor with added defenses if needed. ;)

And give her a reason to travel to get materials for her work and needed gold.

Her alignment will likely be neutral not really prone to judgements about the technology she creates.

Callie Del Noire

Definitely interested. Will try to generate something up when I get back from class tonight

Cythieus

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 03, 2010, 01:59:57 PM
Just asking its listed on the SRD as a basic class, can I be an Elf Artificier? I just think it would be neat an elf with lots of gadgets down the road would through people off thats used to normal magic in the race then she yanks out a gadget,not to mention she could augment her armor with added defenses if needed. ;)

And give her a reason to travel to get materials for her work and needed gold.

Her alignment will likely be neutral not really prone to judgements about the technology she creates.

That's out of Tome of Secrets which I have but is a third party book. I didn't notice they had added it, but the core classes are pretty much the ones that are from D&D. What makes little sense is why they added that class and not the others from the book (Knight, Swashbuckler, Warlock, etc). I used this version of the SDR because many of the new items but I would like to keep most of the fan created and third party stuff out.

RubySlippers

Character Name: Betrys
Class: Rogue
Race: Half-elf [not sure of her other class left she can take as a half-elf]
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Short Back story: Born among a family of "decent common scoundrels" that are respectable among their kindshe was trained as most of them on-the-job training and mentoring from people that cared to teach her something useful. She is right now not sure what to do to earn a living her skills are general and practical.
Appearance: Is a handsome figure of a woman with a pleasing gentle face with brown eyes and brunette hair that dresses to be comfortable accent her figure in a decent way and naturally elven features.

Cythieus

Quote from: BenedictWolfe on June 03, 2010, 11:08:03 AM
I might possibly be interested. While I'm not huge on Pathfinder, I have wanted to try Golarion out.

Golarion is awesome, I like the feel and all so far, especially the other planets and the like.

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 03, 2010, 05:57:45 PM
Character Name: Betrys
Class: Rogue
Race: Half-elf [not sure of her other class left she can take as a half-elf]
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Short Back story: Born among a family of "decent common scoundrels" that are respectable among their kindshe was trained as most of them on-the-job training and mentoring from people that cared to teach her something useful. She is right now not sure what to do to earn a living her skills are general and practical.
Appearance: Is a handsome figure of a woman with a pleasing gentle face with brown eyes and brunette hair that dresses to be comfortable accent her figure in a decent way and naturally elven features.

Cool cool, I will post the the sheet format in the actual character thread.

Geeklet

Hmmm... never actually played Pathfinder, but I'm a longtime 3e D&D player.. so there should be too rough of a transition.

While it wont be a combat heavy game, I might be down for a Barbarian if you guys need a tank.

Cythieus

Quote from: Geeklet on June 03, 2010, 09:38:05 PM
Hmmm... never actually played Pathfinder, but I'm a longtime 3e D&D player.. so there should be too rough of a transition.

While it wont be a combat heavy game, I might be down for a Barbarian if you guys need a tank.

Most of the changes are small, grappling makes sense now, spot and listen are in one skill now and a lot of the items have been altered slightly.

But its a pretty easy thing to get the gist of. And Barb, cool.

RubySlippers

I find it easier in some ways to use, if I recall a character can multiclass with a monk with no penalties for example.

As for my second racial class I'm narrowed it to a Cleric of Ardad Lili, the End of Innocence one of the Whore Queens. I'll be making my character a LN professional with a background the profession whore to fit.

Cythieus

That's an interesting take I didn't expect.

RubySlippers

Well devils are not that bad to deal with really and the Whore Queens are pro-women and anti-men. I will need the domains for this oneits not listed in the Wiki.

Cythieus

Do you have the book or do you need me to find one for you, I have a lot of the materials over here.

RubySlippers

I checked on-line from the cursory search this Whore Queen is a real name refering to Lilith the First Wife of Adam in Jewish Mythology so thought she would be fun to worship as she likely got broken in every way possible and she may be less anti-man than the one that has a writeup on the Wiki.

But I do need the Pathfinder Info I don't own the rules and the like I will need someinfo on her, prefered worship and domains etc.

Cythieus

Callie Del Noire

Character Name: Gran Whitestaff (Gran being orcish for 'Hope')
Class:Monk
Race: Half-Orc
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Hetrosexual
Short Back story: Born to an oracle who was caught in a raid by Orcish raiders, Gran was raised by her order as a disipline of the body and mine, a follower of the 97 strategies of combat and war. While he has yet to attain high rank in the order, his disipline and focus have served him well.
Now, his mentors have decided it is time for him to enter the world and learn to deal with his heritage. To test his will against the hatred of the world around them.
Appearance: Tall and dark with a hint of green in his eyes and skin that clearly tells what his bulky build affirms, the strong toned body of a half orc that has spent his entire life learning to master his body and mind.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Azrael, Archangel of Death on June 03, 2010, 10:52:21 PM
Oh its all on the SRD, anything in the core books is there.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

or

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

No domains are listed for her she is not a diety but one of the other powers. But we can figure it out she has to provide Evil and Law domains she is a high ranking devil after all. Charm makes sense she seems to be the manipulative sort. Nobility could be in there she seems the most likely to get formal cult groups going being the more fun loving one of the four.

RubySlippers

Wipes your eyes ...

Maybe I don't read English well lets see do you see Ardad Lili or the Whore Queens listed. They are not dieties they match the Archdukes of Hell lesser beings that can grant clerical powers I suspect for ones soul after death. Would seem to be the normal demand of an infernal power in most of the mythology.

Maybe I should just be a human rogue it would be less complicated or pick another class for my half-elf.  :-\

Callie Del Noire

I liked the idea of your artificer earlier

Cythieus

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 04, 2010, 12:07:23 AM
Wipes your eyes ...

Maybe I don't read English well lets see do you see Ardad Lili or the Whore Queens listed. They are not dieties they match the Archdukes of Hell lesser beings that can grant clerical powers I suspect for ones soul after death. Would seem to be the normal demand of an infernal power in most of the mythology.

Maybe I should just be a human rogue it would be less complicated or pick another class for my half-elf.  :-\

I thought you were looking to give her domains based on the one's that existed. That's why I gave you the list of gods and domains.