News:

Main Menu

Investing Practice

Started by Machete, September 03, 2010, 09:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Machete

I'd live to get an investing group going.  The premise will be similar to the exercise I did in Introduction to Business A in high school, only using Canadian companies such as Bombardier and Bank of Montreal and in Canadian Dollars.  Each participant will get CA$100,000 to divide equally among five stocks in five different sectors.  Those of us in the U.S. have to use Yahoo! Finance because it, unlike Money Central, tracks stocks on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX).  However, Canadians can use either site's portfolio manager.  One is encouraged to use the TSX listings directory to pick the companies.  This will last until January 8.  I would like to start this on Monday so please post here once your portfolio is set up if you're interested.  The last rule is participants may change each of their original stocks once.  I just made my portfolio.

Neroon

Sorry if I sound dense but I'm a wee bit confused here.  Are you talking about some sort of simulation or game here?
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

My yeas and nays     Grovelling Apologies     Wiki
Often confused for some guy

Oniya

It's like Fantasy Football, only using play money and the stock pages.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Neroon

That's what I had thought but, well, it's been a long week with too little sleep...
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

My yeas and nays     Grovelling Apologies     Wiki
Often confused for some guy