Romance/Fantasy w/general idea

Started by Xadrixna, July 13, 2010, 03:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

Well whether I use that image or not depends if I start as your mistress, or as someone wanting you. I can't see the captain of the guard looking like that..

----

Xadrixna

Quote from: elfguy on July 14, 2010, 03:11:19 PM
Well whether I use that image or not depends if I start as your mistress, or as someone wanting you. I can't see the captain of the guard looking like that..

lol, I suppose that's true.  But that's not necessarily true.  If she's one of the better commanding officers, she could probably do whatever she damned well pleased and if anyone gave her an issue, just show them who's boss.  I digress though.

So, is there anything else we're missing?
Curiosity Killed the Cat, Satisfaction Brought it Back...

Cal1496

Now see I totally could!  ;D 

Anyway, for my guy I'm thinking him to be bit less of the official nature.  Rather more a procurer of rare items and illegal goods.  A fantasy world drug dealer basically.  With his own political connections of course so as not be utterly out muscled by this female Captain of the Slave District.  I'm really hoping for a corrupt city here lol

Edit: Had this written up before Xadrixna posted so why way it is.  And I think the only left is profiles...Yay!  If we're even having any lol

Xadrixna

I would like a general write up.  GIve me a second to complete my own, then just use that as a basis for what I'm looking for and please don't go too overboard, especially with any magical/mystical abilities.

I'm thinking to start, we should be in a city of some sort, a little more people than just a village.  Thoughts?

kckolbe

I think a full city suits all of our concepts.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

elfguy

A port city, with several districts, mostly under human control but allowing all to come and go. There would be a lot of traders since it's a major port. There could be a Noble District, Merchant District, Slave District (same as merchant but for slavers and less than reputable sellers), Commons District, Slums.
----

Xadrixna

Xadrixna

Name: Alexandra
Role: Pact Slave
Race: Human

Physical Description: 5'9”, muscular, yet soft with supple breasts, small waist, wide hips and rounded bottom.  Amber eyes, bright strawberry blonde hair.

Picture: (If you want)  (Still looking for a picture for my character, will add one when I found one I like.)

Background: Alexandra was born as a pact slave, her soul was as such that she was meant to be bound to another at all times.  Pact slaves must listen to commands from their master and hadn't always been used as slaves.  However, it became very apparent, especially with the ones that had some form of abilities, that they would make good loyal slaves, even if they were spirited.  She had several masters of the years and it had been found at a very young age that she was able to affect a large crowd of people and calm them.  It made her useful because when calm, people also seemed to trust her and her masters or mistresses more.  She on her own, realized she could affect other emotions and thoughts, but rarely ever did so.  She knew how it felt to be controlled and had no interest in controlling anyone else.  And it never worked on any of her masters, so for the most part, it was very useless for her unless in danger.

Abilities: Skilled combatant, lithe and agile as well as strong for being a female and given her frame.  She is also able to affect people's emotions and to a very small extent their thoughts, however is tiring to keep anything up for overly long especially on multiple people.

Xadrixna

Ok, if you have anything you would want added, please let me know.  And if you have any issues with the things posted for my profile, or anyone elses, also please let me know.  Thank you :D

elfguy

Name: Fael'Jarvala

Race: Elf

Role: Captain of the Slave District Royal Guard

Picture:

Bio: As Captain of the Slave District Royal Guard, Fael commands over 30 guards, and several bureaucrats, having total authority on what goes on in this district. She answers to Commander Nathan Wolfbane himself, her superior, the commanding officer of the whole Royal Guard. As an elf, she is fairly young to occupy such a position, but in a city ruled mostly by human nobles, she is actually very old compared to them.

Fael has a unique personality, being very strict on having all of her orders obeyed, but lax on most other things, including her own uniform, of which she only wears the boots and arm pieces, leaving her top and crotch completely exposed. She rides a small dragon as a mount. There are several types of mounts that people ride, even though the horse is still the most common one, but only a very experienced warrior could hope to tame a dragon enough to ride it, and that gives her stature as people look at her ride around in aw. She is skilled in combat, and has a very agile body, allowing her to fight with her lance both on foot and on her dragon.

She likes to keep her personal views on the whole slaving process fairly quiet, obeying the city rules in all manners, but she personally approves of slavery, although she wishes that some of the masters and mistresses went easier on their slaves. Fael is a good person, and believes everyone can do good deeds, but she also is very pragmatic, and knows that sometimes she has to be ruthless to get things done, and has no problem dealing with it.

Although she had casual sex in an inn or deep in the forest a handful of times, always one shots, often while drunk, she hasn't found anyone she truly cared about yet.

Abilities: Agile, fairly strong, she is a warrior and a fighter. She roams the streets on her dragon and can fight effectively on it, or on foot, using her steel lance. She can also fight bare handed should the need arise.
----

Frezak

Isn't putting things into Districts a bit restrictive? Only, 'cause in a fantasy setting, there's a lot more different stuff to take into consideration.
Fr'example, consider two species that just hate each other. They can't have their homes anywhere near each other, which means having a grouped residential district could be problematic.
Also, no specific places for religions? The bigger the city, the more religions that'll have a decent enough amount of followers to want a place of worship.
Same thing for various magical arts. If a certain kind disrupts another, then they won't want training/teaching places anywhere near each other. (assuming we're not sticking to a single system, so different people can have different methods)

Edit: Will you people stop posting! Some of us are trying to type here! Jeez!  :P

elfguy

It just seems to be the way fantasy cities are built. Feel free to add more districts, maybe an alienage or chantry district.

Quote from: Frezak on July 14, 2010, 04:05:41 PM
Isn't putting things into Districts a bit restrictive? Only, 'cause in a fantasy setting, there's a lot more different stuff to take into consideration.
Fr'example, consider two species that just hate each other. They can't have their homes anywhere near each other, which means having a grouped residential district could be problematic.
Also, no specific places for religions? The bigger the city, the more religions that'll have a decent enough amount of followers to want a place of worship.
Same thing for various magical arts. If a certain kind disrupts another, then they won't want training/teaching places anywhere near each other. (assuming we're not sticking to a single system, so different people can have different methods)

Edit: Will you people stop posting! Some of us are trying to type here! Jeez!  :P
----

kckolbe

Some kind of orphanage would be likely.  After all, more than a couple of slaves were bought from there.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

elfguy

----

kckolbe

I like it.  I guess I need to get off my ass and do one for the bureaucrat now.  How many does she oversee?

Intro Thread

elfguy

30ish guards, maybe 4-5 bureaucrats?
----

kckolbe

Name: Lavaerius Dulaine
Race: Half-Elf
Role: Magistrate of the Slave District

Bio: Born to a human father and elven mother, Laverius became one of the few half-breeds in the city.  His mother died in childbirth, and his father worked as a guard in the slave district, a profession Laverius ended up in as well.  Around the time Laverius was 16, as he was beginning as a guard, his father decided he was old enough to go out on his own and kicked him out.  Fael was kind enough to set him up with a small place to stay, and oversaw his duties more vigilantly than those of the other guards.  When he showed aptitude for magic, she arranged for him to be trained.  When a spot as magistrate opened up, she promoted him.  He owes much to her, and he does not take the debt lightly.

Abilities: He is in considerable physical condition and is trained in basic weapon use.  He has learned a few spells, though they are mainly used for convenience. 

Intro Thread

Xadrixna

Cal1496

Considering we are talking about a large port city, most of the rulers of such city-states strive for acceptance amoung their populous.  They don't really care who people are, what they are, what they believe in, so long as it doesn't disrupt business aka filling their pockets.  So as a ruler or politician your campaigns or speeches would appeal to that thought, you saying things like "Blank City is the Crown Jewel of Tolerance and Enlightenment.  Only We!  The People of blank are so forward thinking as to accept all creeds and cultures to our embrace.  We are not barbarians, and will NOT tolerate them!"  That final part being a threat to cultures, sects, religions, or any other organization who might threaten another because of different mind sets.  Peace, tolerance, lots of different peoples keep a port city alive.  And rulers of them will do anything to get that.  Including kill their own people to keep commerce going.

At least that is the way I picture this city.  Take no heed in bitch slapping my argument or idea's lol

Will get profile thingy up soon... 8-)

Quote from: Frezak on July 14, 2010, 04:05:41 PM

Xadrixna

I think naturally in most cities, they tend to segregate themselves into sects because it's familiar and family and shared interests/traditions/tastes in foods and clothes.  Not that there aren't crossovers or people that don't follow suit with this.  I could see the city as just not tolerating wars between the sects though.  And as far as getting too particular about what exact areas are in the city, I don't see the need for it.  Perhaps a couple of things we agree on, but if you want to throw in a particular type of slum, or rich area or whatever, i hardly think that will make or break the story.  Yeah?

kckolbe

I can go with that.  A question though, will this game have multiple threads or, since we have few players, will we just keep track of where everyone is?

Intro Thread

Xadrixna

Quote from: kckolbe on July 14, 2010, 08:37:43 PM
I can go with that.  A question though, will this game have multiple threads or, since we have few players, will we just keep track of where everyone is?

I was just thinking one thread.  Sort of just keep track of yourself.  Unless you feel the extreme need to not be in the same thread?  there's not THAT many of us.

Cal1496

[[And by soon I mean now!  Any problems just let me know.]]

Name: Joseph Brewna
Role: Business Man and Traveler...Of Sorts.
Race: Human

Physical Description: 6'1”, wider shoulders, long arms and legs, well muscled though he won't win awards for how they look, pale of skin, dark of hair which is kept very sort, blue eyes and rough hands.

Picture: (Still looking for a picture for my character, will add one when I found one I like.)

Background: Born to a small river fishing village out in the Bragan Swamps, Joseph like many swamp rats (the affectionate name of the all children there) grew up like all those around him learning to fish and live off the murky land and water running threw most of it.  Combat was key in this way of life and fighting beasts was a regular thing.  Though most of the men in the Bragan Swamps prefer pole arms, Joseph took a direct liking to the sword and shield.  After being taken on as an apprentice to a wandering Paladin(luck and the mans need for a squire more than anything account for this), Joseph quickly learned that martial prowess was not enough to get by in this world.  Seeing your mentor get swatted away like fly from the single hand movement of a mage will do that you know.

So with that knowledge in hand Joseph put his young life(being sixteen at the time) to acquiring rare items of with abilities that people like him on the same level, or near too, as that of such mages.  It was easy getting in and even in these older days it isn't easy staying in.  rare items is a dangerous business and one Joseph balances with another danger business(though in his opinion less so) and that is drug smuggling.  Let me tell you that there are dozens of magical, herbal, chemical, and psionic drugs out there, and all the mixes in-between! which thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people are willing to pay for.  And damn do they pay.

It is at this present point we find Joseph.  In one of the biggest ports in the world ready to unload so sensitive cargo.  His loyal pact slave ever at his side(an item acquired through clever trickery in his opinion), calming down and even manipulating the minds of his business partners.  Ahh yes, things are looking good for Joseph Brewna.

Abilities: Skilled with an armoring sword and even better when has a shield, fights brutally and without style having learned to fight purely through fighting. Has two magical items which he will always use before fighting with his sword, and they are a wand which emits a scorching lightning bolt that make even a dragon back down.  And a ring on his right middle finger which is simple and silver with a base square design that allows him to teleport in a fifty meter radiance three times a day.  That is assuming there are no wards or spells in place to prevent him from doing so.

Frezak

Name: Vaskariel Vero Lok. Kar, for short.

Role: Mercenary or enchanter, depending on needs.

Race: Human, extra-planar heritage

Powers/skills: Skilled in runes, Vaskariel has traced many temporary defenses and attacks on his body (in blood), that can be changed when he has a moment of peace. These temporary runes have a limited use, though, and wear themselves out after a limited amount of uses, depending on their power (he can however, drain his own health to re-use an expended blood-rune). These can also be applied to other living beings. (though it is much easier if the subject is willing, or at least immobile)
He can also, with the right materials, make more permanent enchantments on non-living things.
Aside from his runes, Kar is able to fight with his claws with reasonable skill.

Appearance: At a first, cursory glance, Kar appears to be a 5'8", lean, fit human. A second glance reveals vertical slits as eyes, fingers that taper into sharp claws, and, for some reason, a curious assembly of bones and wire keeping his shoulder-length hair back.

History: Vaskariel appeared one day on the mercenary scene, and a few searches have revealed that he was an unassuming enchanter before that. It is not known why he decided to 'expand his services', as he says.

Since he did so, however, Vaskariel has gained a reputation as someone willing to do almost any job. It is less common knowledge that he's recently begun to spend much of his resources into researching Pact Slaves, paying for any information on their history, and occasionally managing to perform tests on them, though the opportunity for the latter is very rare, as most people are suspiscious of his motives. Not that he tries to hide them, claiming often that he desires to understand how to recreate the effect.

In fact, as well as being famed for being unscrupulous, he is also surprisingly honest, or at least he appears to be. Kar has never been caught as having lied, but does employ semantics and verbal trickery to avoid doing so.

Xadrixna

kckolbe, are you going to write up a Bio?