Psychic Mystery Survival Horror: (New Players Wanted! This Means YOU!)

Started by Starlequin, March 19, 2011, 09:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starlequin

Hmm, two rationalists with opposing levels of faith could prove very interesting. Devi, tack on a surname for Lisa and feel free  to introduce her in Hatcher's Gathering thread on the  extreme SG board (i'd offer links, but I don't have that much control posting from my phone; I'll be  setting up the links either later today or tomorrow).

Grunt, your char looks good too.  Please finish filling out  the last three fields (or just PM me the info, or post it in OOC) and feel free to introduce Gavin in Hatcher's Gathering.

Note: there is also a separate Intro thread, if either of  you would  like to give the readers a brief glimpse into your characters' lives before they answered Hatcher's ad. This is NOT required, just a fun little extra way to play with your char a little if you wish.

Now, with these two added and barring  any unforeseen dropouts or other incidents, Horror of Harrowgate Manor now has a full cast! Please feel free to follow the story, and we hope you enjoy reading as much as we will writing  it. And if you should get too freaked, just remember:

It's only a game...>:)
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Starlequin

As the saying goes, 'If you want to make the gods laugh, make a plan.' Due to some unfortunate events, we now have another open character slot, and recruiting will continue until Monday. So, here's your chance to join in! We're still in the introductory phase right now, and should be moving onto the real action by Wednesday. Plenty of time to jump in!

Also, here are the game links.

IC Meeting Thread
OOC Thread
Character List
Introductions

schnookums

I would need a little time to solidify a character, but I would be interested in joining this if if that slot is still open. I should be able to have a solid character idea by tonight or when I return from work monday morning (I work evenings)

Starlequin

That's fine, schnookums, there's still time. We've got 4 players so far and a 5th on the way, so room for one more. I won't be closing recruitment until tomorrow night. I look forward to seeing your character.

schnookums

Well, internets are back up, and I appreciate the indulgences I've been given in being allowed to come in late. I do need a picture and one more power for her, but I wanted to put up what I had so I don't hold things up any more.

Name: Alice Bennett
Sex: Female
Orientation: Vaguely Hetero

Appearance: (Picture coming soon)

Personality: Calm, and cool, but bitter, sarcastic, and fatalistic as well.

Bio: Alice believes in Hell. Not because of a religious upbringing, having the consequences of sin hammered into her by stern parents. No, in her case it's because she's seen it with her own eyes. Most stories of satanic rituals are so much hokum, but for a ten year old Alice, kidnapped and slated for sacrifice, it was quite real. She lived...this was no knife in the heart ceremony; rather, an attempt for those beyond to claim her bodily and whole. She never knew who rescued her...there was gunshots, the portal closed, and she passed out, awakening to find herself alone in the woods, with no sign that any of that had really happened. But she was convinced it did...and that she had only been given a temporary reprieve from the clutches of hell. To say that life was different after that would be an incredible understatement. Alice spent a lot of her teenage years either in a slump or doing dangerous things, not caring about consequences. She learned a lot at the school of hard knocks this way, and alienated herself from her family in the process. But she learned a fair amount about surviving under rough circumstances, usually those brought about by her own recklessness. All the time she had in the back of her mind the fate that awaited her. And there were other signs too...she begin attracting weirdness about her, or perhaps her experiences made her able to see beyond the veil. At this point she was well aware that speaking about this would just land her in a hospital and pumped full of drugs until she was 'normal' again. One day it finally clicked for her...maybe she can fight back. Maybe the future was uncertain, that she could steal her soul back from hell. Now it was up to her to learn what she could, to figure out how she could fight back. Now she possesses a very eclectic mixture of knowledge of the occult and supernatural. More then just a dabbler, but less then a 'professional', but what she has learned covers a broad range. Now the house...it would have been easy to call it coincidence that she was called to investigate the house, but she doesn't believe it for one moment...she's convinced this is where it will all come to a head for her.

Special Abilities:
Jaded/Fatalistic: Having glimpsed Hell directly, Alice has a harder time feeling true fear. She has normal fear responses to danger, but is able to keep a very cool head even when her life is threatened. Of course, believing that you how your life will end can make one reckless, especially if you're wrong...
Touched By Hellfire: Alice can harm the supernatural with mundane attacks/weapons. It requires an act of will on her part (so shooting randomly or accidentally striking something unnatural won't work) and her attacks aren't as effective as ones using something the entity is specifically vulnerable, but she is otherwise capable of harming things normally immune/highly resistant to mundane weapons.

Special Tools: Nothing at the moment...she carries mundane equipment (including a gun) but nothing with mystical significance.

Belief System: Fluid...she's not held atheistic beliefs, but what she does believe in tends to have to do with what had caught her attention lately. The constant is a belief (and great fear) of hell and related (demons etc.)

Likes: Thrills, anything that can make her feel alive again
Dislikes: Self-important folks, the overly skeptical
Limits: (Ons/Offs will be respected) No bathroom play...no mutilation (I'm okay with her getting hurt, just not having it described in loving detail) I'm okay with her possibly dying, but...no pointless snuff. I don't want her to die just to make an example or suchlike. I am open to discussion on that point though.

Starlequin

I have got some absolutely fantastic news! Well, actually, it's really not that good for some people. But it's great for you! Due to some unexpected apparent RL issues, we've had a few unfortunate withdrawals from Horrors of Harrowgate Manor, which means there's room for 3-5 lucky new players to join. If you're interested, please refer to the initial post to get a sense of what's expected and desired. Some of the players have already entered the manor, but there's still plenty of time to introduce new characters, so we would like to urge any and all interested players to fill out a CS and submit it either here or via PM to Starlequin.

Hope to see you inside!    >:)

Starlequin

Update: Positions are still available! However, the window is beginning to close. If there are no more applicants within the next week, we  may have no choice but to shelve Horror of Harrowgate Manor for the foreseeable future. So get those character sheets in!

kitakaze

I'm writing a prospective character, so I'll pm you with the sheet within the next day, this sounds very exciting!
My O/O's and A/A's
I have taken the Oath of Drake

So silent, no violence,
but inside my head so loud and clear you're screaming...
You're screaming
Covered up with a smile I've learned to fear

Starlequin

Quick note of interest: there are still two more spots open, and the game is picking up speed. Interested players should apply soon, while there's still time.

bubby

*Lifts hand* Can I play as a complete hack? As in non-believer who has made quite a lucrative living with 'exorcising' demons and ghosts that didn't exist? sees the add and thinks BINGO! CASH!...maybe?

Starlequin

Hm, well we already have one charlatan in Devi's TV show host character, but if you can put enough of a twist on it to differentiate the two, it'd be fine with me. Let me see whatcha got!

bubby

Oh...well nevermind then. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting players!

Ophelia Jaxon

Name: Angela Clarke
Orientation: Bisexual

Appearance:

Personality:  Angela is a bit full of herself, almost as if she loves herself and she’s very argumentative and throws tantrums when she doesn’t get her way.

Bio: Eighty six years ago Angel’s grandmother was born and she was told secrets. Her daddy (Angela’s great granddaddy) had been to a house and it cost him his mind. He might have been crazy and unable to do things for himself, but his daughter listened to his ramblings and believed every word out of his mouth crazy or not. And why would she believe the ramblings of a disturbed man? It was because that night, at the age of six a gift hit the young girl like a ton of bricks. Evangeline Scott could see and hear ghosts.

Angela learned everything she could from her grandmother for she had been lucky enough to be born with the gift and since her mama had her at a young age, she was left to be raised by her grandmother. Of course, her grandmother kept her gift mostly to herself, but Angela knew that in this day and age, she could use it to make a career. Of course Evangeline never knew, when Angela was close to eighteen the old woman passed away, giving Angela her amulet which would give her more control over her gifts.

It was easy to make a living out of something that came naturally, even if she did have to over dramatize things sometimes and let the spirits take over her body. She has always hated that part of the deal, it always left her mind muddled and her body exhausted, but if ratings on her TV show were beginning to slip…When needs must!

She was meant to be on holiday…A full two months off to somewhere hot and wonderful, but while her necklace was off in the shower, Angela’s body was taken over. She rang a Mr.Hatcher and explained who she was and whom she was related to as well as what she could do. She also told him she wanted to keep her family matters confidential just in case whatever is in the house doesn’t take too kindly to an ancestor of one who tried to tear the manor down.

Flights were cancelled and re-arranged and the spirit was strong enough to leave thoughts in Angel’s head. She was going to a manor to check it out for a new television show.

Special Abilities: Spirit Channelling. Angela can do things most mediums can, communicate with the dead, but she has one little advantage...She can allow a spirit to take her body in posession. Usually only when she allows it, and it leaves her quite weak afterwards.

Special Tools: She carries a salt shaker, since salt usually keeps spirits away for a while, and an amulet around her nck which is what gives her the choice of who to let in and who to let out.

Belief System: Angela simply believes in the supernatural, and exploiting the supernatural for monetary gain. She has no set religious beliefs.

Dislikes: Assholes, spiders, snakes, blood
Limits: No Limits.

Will fill the rest in later and make it look pretty. it's dinner time lol xx
ζ ·· The Ideas ·· The Kinks ·· The Apologies ·· The Rabbit Hole ·· ζ
come get a little crazy wicked with me...

Starlequin

Always sorry to see you go,  bubby. If you change your mind, come on  back anytime.

Ophelia, Angela looks good! (and how, lol...mm-hm!) Once you finish polishing her up, feel free to bring her over to the game, and we'll get you written in. Welcome to the game!

Ophelia Jaxon

Thanks! I prob won't have time till tomorrow morning or Tuesday (tomorrow's my b-day...dunno what's planned lol) soo I'll have it all written by Tuesday xx

Starlequin

Oh, well happy birthday, then! Tuesday will be fine, no worries. Have a great B-day!

Sarah Morgan

I know I'm coming in extremely late for this, but I just now came across this ad, and barely got my approval for Elliquiy last week, so I'm a newbie.  Are you still taking characters for this, and what's your current ratio of girls to guys?  I'll for sure be following the story, and thanks to your including the links here, I have everything already bookmarked.

Starlequin

Well first off, congrats on your approval! :) Yes, we're still taking applications, and we have room for one more player. Currently we have three male investigators and one female, with another female expected to join either tomorrow or Wednesday. If you're interested in joining, feel free to fill out a CS! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Welcome to Elliquiy!

Sarah Morgan

Thanks!  I'll take a look at the characters who are already there, and see if I can't come up with something that won't duplicate someone else's idea.  I was thinking either someone with telekinetic abilities or someone who can work with fire, as I don't think I'd be allowed to have both.  If I remember right I think you're only allowed one psychic power, but I'll look just to make sure.  I'll work on getting something to you before the end of the day though, so you're not stuck waiting to get the game going again.

Starlequin

Right on, then. Whenever you're ready, throw it up here and we'll get you written in! As far as powers go, you could have both telekinesis and pyrokinesis together, but they would probably need to both be classified as minor abilities, so I'm not sure how useful you'd find  that (unless you'd just like to give your character a little extra challenge by giving them a handicap, hehe  >:) ) Just remember the main thing about the powers and tools is their use limit (3x each, except for Major abilities which can only be used once). I don't think we're in that big a rush atm; I may need to PM Fulgrim and Devi to let them know we have new players.  >.>

Sarah Morgan

Cool.  I'll work on getting something written up in the next day or so then, once I figure out an idea.  I'll have to work out the difference between minor and major abilities, but I know I saw that explained somewhere in the thread, so I'll look for it and see what I can't come up with.  I'll probably go ahead and use those two powers as her minor abilities then, now I just have to come up with something for her major one.  I'll figure out something though, definitely!

Ophelia Jaxon

I'll finish my bio today. Sorry it took ages. I'm ready to rock lol

Sarah Morgan

Name: Natalie Graham
Sex: Female, obviously!  ^_^
Orientation: Straight.

Appearance: (either pictures or text is acceptable): Natalie is about 5'7, with shoulder-length dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. She weighs around 120 pounds, and keeps herself healthy and in shape, although her metabolism is the kind where she doesn't have to do a lot of work for it.  She prefers to wear casual and practical clothes, jeans and T-shirts mostly, although she'll wear something more formal if she's going to a party or something, but even then she'd be considered conservative or even boring by the wilder crowd.

Personality: Natalie always has an open and friendly smile for anyone new, always willing to try and be friendly to anyone, outgoing and a generally kind person.  She's loyal to those she considers her friends, and will do anything she can for anyone who needs help, always willing to listen and only giving her advice when she's asked for it.

Bio: Natalie was born and raised in a small town in Kentucky, and had a typical childhood, until her powers manifested themselves when she entered adolescence.  The onset was triggered by anger at her father for not allowing one of her friends to come over, for what reason she can't remember now, but she looked down to see the homework paper she was working on smoldering.  That seems to have opened her up to the rest of her powers, and not long after that she was on an errand for her mother to the grocery store, and went inside, only to have a vision of the place being robbed and one of the clerks being shot.  Naturally it gave her a shock, especially after she asked her parents about it later and they told her about an incident that had happened a few years before Natalie was born, where the events played out the way she'd seen them.

Her parents were cautious around her after that, and she could tell that things were different between all of them, and so she kept anything she saw to herself, hiding it from everyone she could, except for a few close friends whom she trusted, and whom she knew wouldn't judge her.

Over the years she'd learned to have some control over the things she can do, the least of which being her ability to lift small things that don't weigh much.  She's learned to control the precognition somewhat, bringing on a vision at will by concentrating on the room she's in, rather than having it come on her without knowing about it, but it took a long time to master.  All of her visions have something to do with some sort of violence.

After high school Natalie went on to study education, hoping to become a teacher, always having liked kids and found them easy to talk to.  She's just graduated, and has a job teaching third grade in the local elementary school back home in Kentucky when the fall term starts, but when she saw an ad for the project at Harrowgate House she was intrigued enough to learn more about the place, and the money being offered won't hurt either.  It'll go a good chunk of the way toward paying off her loans for college, with some left over to spare.

Special Abilities:
Minor: Telekinetic, but she's only able to lift small things, a book if it's not too heavy, small weapons like knives, say.
Moderate: Pyrokinetic and postcognition.

Special Tools:  A small crucifix that she wears on a gold chain around her neck that she bought in a supposed shop for the occult that she happened to come across while she was driving down from Kentucky, having decided to drive rather than fly, to enjoy the scenery and to make a small vacation out of the trip.  The crucifix is supposed to keep her safe from spirits, and she also has one of those EMP devices that helps protect against psychic energy, bought at the same time.  (I know more than one person has these, but I can't think of anything original at the moment.  If you'd rather, I can just say she doesn't have anything, and make it simple, and less repetitive of what's already being used.)

Belief System: Natalie grew up going to church every week with her parents, and she considers herself to be Christian, although she doesn't try and force her beliefs onto anyone else.  She believes in the existence of angels and demons, although she's never actually seen them.

Likes: A good book, getting to know and make friends with someone new, most types of music except for rap and hard rock, feeling useful when she's able to help someone or give them advice that ends up working out for them.
Dislikes: Rude or cruel people, snakes and spiders and bugs of all sorts, people who are set in their ways and not open to thinking in other new or interesting possibilities.
Limits: Having the religious beliefs that she does, Natalie herself is against sex until marriage, so this game should be interesting for her!  Although I'm sure that won't be an issue for long!  Myself as her player though, I'm open to anything really, except for anything involving urine and other similar material that for my part should stay flushed, where it's intended!  Lol.  Also nothing that would get her permanently damaged or injured in some way, and try not to kill her!  Other than that I can't think of anything at the moment, but if I do I'll let you know.  Or if you have anything specific, just ask and I'll let you know tha

Ophelia Jaxon

Ophelia Jaxon

Quote from: Ophelia Jaxon on May 29, 2011, 12:41:59 PM
Name: Angela Clarke
Orientation: Bisexual

Appearance:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Personality:  Angela is a bit full of herself, almost as if she loves herself and she’s very argumentative and throws tantrums when she doesn’t get her way.

Bio: Eighty six years ago Angel’s grandmother was born and she was told secrets. Her daddy (Angela’s great granddaddy) had been to a house and it cost him his mind. He might have been crazy and unable to do things for himself, but his daughter listened to his ramblings and believed every word out of his mouth crazy or not. And why would she believe the ramblings of a disturbed man? It was because that night, at the age of six a gift hit the young girl like a ton of bricks. Evangeline Scott could see and hear ghosts.

Angela learned everything she could from her grandmother for she had been lucky enough to be born with the gift and since her mama had her at a young age, she was left to be raised by her grandmother. Of course, her grandmother kept her gift mostly to herself, but Angela knew that in this day and age, she could use it to make a career. Of course Evangeline never knew, when Angela was close to eighteen the old woman passed away, giving Angela her amulet which would give her more control over her gifts.

It was easy to make a living out of something that came naturally, even if she did have to over dramatize things sometimes and let the spirits take over her body. She has always hated that part of the deal, it always left her mind muddled and her body exhausted, but if ratings on her TV show were beginning to slip…When needs must!

She was meant to be on holiday…A full two months off to somewhere hot and wonderful, but while her necklace was off in the shower, Angela’s body was taken over. She rang a Mr.Hatcher and explained who she was and whom she was related to as well as what she could do. She also told him she wanted to keep her family matters confidential just in case whatever is in the house doesn’t take too kindly to an ancestor of one who tried to tear the manor down.

Flights were cancelled and re-arranged and the spirit was strong enough to leave thoughts in Angel’s head. She was going to a manor to check it out for a new television show.

Special Abilities: Spirit Channelling. Angela can do things most mediums can, communicate with the dead, but she has one little advantage...She can allow a spirit to take her body in posession. Usually only when she allows it, and it leaves her quite weak afterwards.

Special Tools: She carries a salt shaker, since salt usually keeps spirits away for a while, and an amulet around her nck which is what gives her the choice of who to let in and who to let out.

Belief System: Angela simply believes in the supernatural, and exploiting the supernatural for monetary gain. She has no set religious beliefs.

Dislikes: Assholes, spiders, snakes, blood
Limits: No Limits.

Will fill the rest in later and make it look pretty. it's dinner time lol xx