News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pokemon Gijinka Sandbox Game [Interest Check]

Started by PentheWonderful, June 20, 2021, 02:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

1) There was a lot of tension beforehand! This isn't a recent schism, this is a long-standing state of affairs (think centuries, at least!) where Mistypes are considered second class citizens due to their types being "more naturally predisposed" towards mischief and crime. They're generally mistrusted and stepped-on, they're very scattered and most countries have a minority population of them.

2) Nope. Mistype Nobility / Royalty simply doesn't exist. If any nobles or royals end up having a Mistype child, it's a sign of infidelity and the kids are cast out or exiled or left in the wilderness to die...if they're lucky.

3) The Queen is a Galarian Rapidash who seems to bear no ill-will towards Mistypes despite them supposedly killing her husband. She just seems to be desperate to hold her kingdom together. She has made numerous public appearances and pleas to promote unity and acceptance rather than division and violence, but public opinion is split; some love her, some hate her. Some "Normal" types like her and what she's trying to do, others don't like her supposed sympathy for the Mistypes. Some Mistypes are hopeful about her attitude, and some are suspicious and don't trust that it's genuine.
--3a) The Heir: People know one exists, but he's been hidden away for his own good following the assassination, so nobody really knows anything about him.

4) It's a global mistrust. There are other nations who follow different Poke-Gods (EG, Arceus, Celebi, etc) but none of them worship Mistype Gods because...well, the ones that are on the level of Xernias and Arceus all tend to be evil. Yveltal is the Bringer Of Death, Giratina is the Anti-Christ, Darkrai is Freddy Kreuger, etc etc. Very few super-powerful Mistype Legendaries are non-evil, so there are no Mistype Kingdoms presently in existence. So they're kinda shat on by everybody, with nowhere to go where they aren't. The specific level of animosity varies from country to country, of course, but just because a place isn't as bad doesn't mean it's anywhere near good. xD

So a Staraptor soldier is more than likely, but an Absol wouldn't be an ex-noble unless he was born a noble but was immediately cast out because he was a Mistype. He would never have been given a Noble upbringing or privileges; if he stayed with his family, they would have kept him secret, and it wouldn't have stayed secret long.

I hope that answers your questions!
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Vergil Tanner

One of the players has relinquished Sirfetch'd and gone with Zoroarc instead! <3

Updated Reserved List!

Liepard
Leafeon
Corviknight
Decidueye
Galarian Rapidash
Flareon
Jolteon
Pyroar
Gardevoir & Gallade
Galvantula
Sneasel
Cubone
Houndoom
Alolan Ninetales
Arcanine
Dragalge
Absol
Staraptor
Salazzle
Umbreon
Gengar
Scolipede
Zoroarc

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Pink Professional

Knowing the mistrust is Global is interesting and, yeah, immediately shifts the ideas for Absol-lass.

Also I deadass just had to stop for a minute and go "Wait, are there no Non-Evil Legendaries of those types?" and it blew my mind for a sec. The closest is like...Lunala, I guess? And that's just because  that Legendary duo basically didn't do anything.

Alright, thanks for the answers. I can still probably make something interesting with Absol-the-Brothel-Owner, but I'll just slice out that potential Noble subplot.

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, I had a similar reaction when I first realised it xD Those types are just Evil By Canon, I suppose xD

Absol could still be from a noble family, she'd just have to be an illegitimate child that was cast out young, or something. Since...well, we all know how nobility can't keep it in their pants, eh? xD

Heartsink

I'm planning on making my character a royal guard new recruit  C:) @vergil

He's also expected to be a potential client for your information broker and for the detective agency @indarkestknight

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Heartsink on June 22, 2021, 04:20:08 AM
I'm planning on making my character a royal guard new recruit  C:) @vergil

IIIIIIIIIII'LL
MAKE A MAAAAAAAAAAAN
OUT OF YOUUUUUUUUUUU

Kissa

I usually start with skeleton frame of char and grow it into a proper char as the rp goes on.

So far I have thought that Ninetales is a daughter of significant noble family. Unfortunately they are on verge of bankruptcy, struggling to keep up appearance of wealthy family because the only thing they have of their days of glory is their title. So she is under heavy pressure to marry someone who is filthy rich.

Reo (Umbreon girl) is probably going to be small time crook, a thief or something similar.

Vergil Tanner

Well, Alolan Ninetales would definitely be a distinguished Noble Line! Could be an interesting storyline, her chasing after richer men to try and save her family! :D

Awww, poor Reo! If she lives in Delinquent Town (which is probable), she could quite possibly be part of one of the small-time street-gangs that Dimitrius (the "Mayor" of Delinquent Town) uses to A) gather gossip and B) "redistribute" wealth from rivals / more wealthy patrons of other areas of town, if you're interested? The connection with Dimitrius could be tangential or something more personal, I don't mind either way. Just putting him out there as a possible tool in your character's RP-box! :D

I'm the Co-GM, it's my job to facilitate character stories where possible :P

(This is, of course, optional! Just making the character available for if you want it ^_^ )

Pink Professional

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 22, 2021, 03:47:29 AM
Yeah, I had a similar reaction when I first realised it xD Those types are just Evil By Canon, I suppose xD

Absol could still be from a noble family, she'd just have to be an illegitimate child that was cast out young, or something. Since...well, we all know how nobility can't keep it in their pants, eh? xD

That could be a fun angle; the Noble bastard who proves to be a good 'leader' despite her Nobility (If we're going by the standard Medieval nobility who generally had the meritocratic value of a crusty sock.) Could easily have some friendly tensions with Dimitrius, maybe some will-they/won't-they sexual tension.

I'm actually digging the idea of the Staraptor being the opposite story: A Peasant Boy who rose through the ranks to become a respected Captain of the army (Again, assuming there is a standing Martial force. Otherwise it probably becomes a captain of the town guard/militia?) through Guts and determination. Could be one of the more lenient and Pro-Delinquent voices, which would create tension with Nobles and other Military figures.

Early days, of course. I'm just trying to put pen to paper.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Pink Professional on June 22, 2021, 05:12:24 AM
That could be a fun angle; the Noble bastard who proves to be a good 'leader' despite her Nobility (If we're going by the standard Medieval nobility who generally had the meritocratic value of a crusty sock.) Could easily have some friendly tensions with Dimitrius, maybe some will-they/won't-they sexual tension.

Oh, I am always up for some Will They Won't They sexual tension! It's always fun, assuming it eventually pays off xD Nothing like being blue-balled by the premature cancellation that cuts a storyline off midway through xD
I mean, on the surface, I imagine she'd insist it was a strictly professional relationship! Can't very well run a business in Delinquent Town without being on the "Mayor's" good side, after all! Especially since he keeps a veeeeery close eye on the drug and sex trade to ensure there's no abuse or exploitation going on. But whenever they talk, there's always this underlying back and forth that makes the people watching wonder "...are they...flirting...?" xD

Quote from: Pink Professional on June 22, 2021, 05:12:24 AMI'm actually digging the idea of the Staraptor being the opposite story: A Peasant Boy who rose through the ranks to become a respected Captain of the army (Again, assuming there is a standing Martial force. Otherwise it probably becomes a captain of the town guard/militia?) through Guts and determination. Could be one of the more lenient and Pro-Delinquent voices, which would create tension with Nobles and other Military figures.

Ooooh, that could be an interesting angle indeed! And if he's not particularly quiet about his more leniant beliefs about Mistypes, Dantarius could have personally selected him for the Royal Guard. Y'know, gets his attention piqued by the progressive views and the balls to say them, and takes a personal interest. Upon seeing his genuine skill, well...he decides that he's the exact kind of person he wants protecting the realm.

Also, there is a standing force, though the Royal Guard and the main military are entirely separate. Basically, the way I imagine it, it goes in three levels:

1) Local Militia. Villages, neighbourhoods, etc. Looked after by a local Captain, who is usually a low ranking officer in the army. They tend to be a "Training Post" and "Recruitment Arm" for the main military. They're mostly made up of new recruits and volunteer "Civilian Watchmen." The Militia tends to be overseen by a designated noble, oftentimes on their climb up the ladder.

2) The main military, trained and equipped with its various ranks, etc etc. There are three generals; The Commander Of The Earth, The Commander Of The Depths and The Commander Of The Heavens. These three internally-promoted Generals are in charge of the land, sea and sky forces respectively. Each of these report directly to the Supreme Commander, currently held by the late King's brother.

3) The Royal Guard are generally considered to be the elites, the best of the best, etc etc, but they exist outside the normal military structure. They are commanded by the Lord Commander, who answers directly to the current King and / or Queen. They have unofficial authority over the military, in that they are given deference and whatnot, but they don't technically have jurisdictional powers unless they hold a literal royal edict for a specific situation. The Royal Guards have a dedicated land, sea and sky division as well with their own lieutenants who report directly to the Lord Commander.

So perhaps your Staraptor is a young rising star that was spotted for his tolerant beliefs and skill and gumption, and the Lord Commander Dantarius took a personal interest in him and personally invited him to the Royal Guard Tryouts?

PentheWonderful

Alsooo just dropping this artist here because they do lots of really cool Gijinkas in case any of them catches your fancy. Note that not all the drawings are usable as some are clearly meant to be minors.

https://www.deviantart.com/tamtamdi/gallery
"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."

Pink Professional

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 22, 2021, 05:33:50 AM
Oh, I am always up for some Will They Won't They sexual tension! It's always fun, assuming it eventually pays off xD Nothing like being blue-balled by the premature cancellation that cuts a storyline off midway through xD
I mean, on the surface, I imagine she'd insist it was a strictly professional relationship! Can't very well run a business in Delinquent Town without being on the "Mayor's" good side, after all! Especially since he keeps a veeeeery close eye on the drug and sex trade to ensure there's no abuse or exploitation going on. But whenever they talk, there's always this underlying back and forth that makes the people watching wonder "...are they...flirting...?" xD
Sounds great to me. I imagine her being one of those 'Good' bosses with just a scary enough reputation that people sort of don't try to push their luck. Also her being a literal harbinger of Disaster is probably a thing worth exploring (Seriously, Absol is metal a.f. and they never do anything with the species.)

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 22, 2021, 05:33:50 AMOoooh, that could be an interesting angle indeed! And if he's not particularly quiet about his more leniant beliefs about Mistypes, Dantarius could have personally selected him for the Royal Guard. Y'know, gets his attention piqued by the progressive views and the balls to say them, and takes a personal interest. Upon seeing his genuine skill, well...he decides that he's the exact kind of person he wants protecting the realm.

Also, there is a standing force, though the Royal Guard and the main military are entirely separate. Basically, the way I imagine it, it goes in three levels:

1) Local Militia. Villages, neighbourhoods, etc. Looked after by a local Captain, who is usually a low ranking officer in the army. They tend to be a "Training Post" and "Recruitment Arm" for the main military. They're mostly made up of new recruits and volunteer "Civilian Watchmen." The Militia tends to be overseen by a designated noble, oftentimes on their climb up the ladder.

2) The main military, trained and equipped with its various ranks, etc etc. There are three generals; The Commander Of The Earth, The Commander Of The Depths and The Commander Of The Heavens. These three internally-promoted Generals are in charge of the land, sea and sky forces respectively. Each of these report directly to the Supreme Commander, currently held by the late King's brother.

3) The Royal Guard are generally considered to be the elites, the best of the best, etc etc, but they exist outside the normal military structure. They are commanded by the Lord Commander, who answers directly to the current King and / or Queen. They have unofficial authority over the military, in that they are given deference and whatnot, but they don't technically have jurisdictional powers unless they hold a literal royal edict for a specific situation. The Royal Guards have a dedicated land, sea and sky division as well with their own lieutenants who report directly to the Lord Commander.

So perhaps your Staraptor is a young rising star that was spotted for his tolerant beliefs and skill and gumption, and the Lord Commander Dantarius took a personal interest in him and personally invited him to the Royal Guard Tryouts?
A fun idea for sure, although Royal Guards recruit seems like more of Heartsink's idea, and I imagine my boi sort of going 'Thanks but no thanks' because of his grand ambition being to sort of try and become a reformist force, and to reach the General of the Sky rank. It's early days of course, but that's my initial thoughts. Dantarius having a vested interest in him could be fun though, and maybe the story naturally progresses in a way that Staraptor-Man loses faith in the Army and finally ends up taking Dantarius up on his offer as a middle finger to the higher ups in the army who, I imagine, are probably Nobility more often than not.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Pink Professional on June 22, 2021, 06:41:42 AM
Sounds great to me. I imagine her being one of those 'Good' bosses with just a scary enough reputation that people sort of don't try to push their luck. Also her being a literal harbinger of Disaster is probably a thing worth exploring (Seriously, Absol is metal a.f. and they never do anything with the species.)

Oh, I agree, Absol is one of my favourite Pokemon. It was actually a contender for Dantarius's species, before I decided to make him the Lord Commander. xD Then it was a contender for Dimitrius, but I couldn't find one I liked for Dimitrius's general feel xD

Anywho, I got that impression! And Dimitrius would definitely want her to be sweet on him, considering how much men say when they think they're whispering sweet nothings in a lover's ear. ;) :P
Plus, she's cute. :P

Quote from: Pink Professional on June 22, 2021, 06:41:42 AMA fun idea for sure, although Royal Guards recruit seems like more of Heartsink's idea, and I imagine my boi sort of going 'Thanks but no thanks' because of his grand ambition being to sort of try and become a reformist force, and to reach the General of the Sky rank. It's early days of course, but that's my initial thoughts. Dantarius having a vested interest in him could be fun though, and maybe the story naturally progresses in a way that Staraptor-Man loses faith in the Army and finally ends up taking Dantarius up on his offer as a middle finger to the higher ups in the army who, I imagine, are probably Nobility more often than not.

That's fair, just a thought! And even if he doesn't join the Royal Guards, there's always an option for Dantarius to mentor him anyway. What better person to prepare him for the final push to Commander Of The Skies than the Lord Commander, who is also the most badass flying species there is?
Corviknight rocks and is objectively better than Skarmory, don't @ me.

Pink Professional

I'll agree that Corviknight is better than Skarmory, who is a bit of a spiky loser.

Vergil Tanner

PREACH!

In any case, yes, I am up for some WTWT sexual tension with your Absol Madamme. :P And of course, if she ever has problems with anybody, she simply has to give the Mayor a call to have him send some...delegates...over to...gently...explain the rules of conduct within Delinquent Town. :P

Marie Reynolds

@Gardsorm: Blushes Yay I am a pleasant surprise!

@Gardsorm and Vergil: Galavantula is one of my favorite bug types as well!

So here is my idea so far. She is Upper Middle Class. That is a Leader of a business that deals in Textiles and Tailoring and Leather working Playing with the idea as well that they do cobbling as well. The Company also deals in hides and tanning. So they work with leather and etc. I was thinking she is one of the Queens Supporters on the idea of Harmony with the Mistypes. She like has a Tanning Facility like a good couple of miles from the Border of the Mistype section of town. She also openly employs Mistypes and like has a shop or two in  the Mistype section of town. Also the business she runs she does not try to drive out her competition she encourages them to do business she  has set up her self up as premier company that handles multipe  elements of designing outfits. I think their should be some competitors that are more specialized.

Another part of her company that is discretely run is she also make leather and various hides and material Bondage goods. She also runs a society and throws discretely  organized parties  for those into such interests. Their is a no sex rule at her parties as it tends to be more of a show case of bondage as an art  and place to learn and practice in a safe place.

I think she will have her main home  in the city proper and a vacation home outside the city proper.

So if anyone would like ties please feel free. Guards house staff and employees of the business are always welcome. I would love it if someone would play an escape artist she has patron and also uses her to quality test her goods from her  more discreet part of the business. Also would love her to be teaching my Character the ropes of being an escape artist cause a good  leader  ensures the quality of goods also. If not  I can run her as an npc

Kissa

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 22, 2021, 04:42:23 AM
Awww, poor Reo! If she lives in Delinquent Town (which is probable), she could quite possibly be part of one of the small-time street-gangs that Dimitrius (the "Mayor" of Delinquent Town) uses to A) gather gossip and B) "redistribute" wealth from rivals / more wealthy patrons of other areas of town, if you're interested? The connection with Dimitrius could be tangential or something more personal, I don't mind either way. Just putting him out there as a possible tool in your character's RP-box! :D

I do like the idea of Reo belonging to some small time street gang. It will give good opportunity for small quests, like stealing stuff, taking stuff from point A to point B, guarding something/someone or roughing up someone (cos obviously Reo is such a intimidating gijinka everyone is scared of her  ;) ). Dimitrius can be the king pin of the gang, it's even possible there is some middleman who gives the orders because they are too small fry for Dimitrius to do business with them directly himself. Otherwise I will leave the connection between Reo and Dimitrius open for now.

Vergil Tanner

It would! I don't mind if she reports to Dimitrius himself, or middlemen, whatever you wanna do! We can leave it largely open, but I'm always open to hammer out some details! Whatever you need or want, the character is there ;) :D

Kissa

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 22, 2021, 08:22:53 AM
It would! I don't mind if she reports to Dimitrius himself, or middlemen, whatever you wanna do! We can leave it largely open, but I'm always open to hammer out some details! Whatever you need or want, the character is there ;) :D

Aww. Thank you! You are making me feel so welcome : )

Question about ooc talk, will there be ooc thread or discord for it?

Vergil Tanner

Of course!!! I'm always open to whatever ideas and relationships you want to talk about ;) Especially for Umbreon! Umbreon is one of my favourite Eeveelutions, and the Eeveelution line is my favourite families, so...plot-wise, you'll be getting some preferential treatment from me if you want plot bunnies :P :P

As for OOC, I think we'll likely have both! A thread, and a Discord Server for those who want it!

Marie Reynolds

So if anyone has taken  a read of my concept idea,  I would love some feed back.

Vergil Tanner

I personally like the idea! She probably has a (discreet, secret) customer in Dimitrius, at the very least :P :P

Marie Reynolds

Nice, sounds good to me Vergil that is the Mayor of the Mistype Section of  the city correct. Have they had any other public interactions given she is Pro Mistype.

Vergil Tanner

Probably not public, since he's still technically a crime-boss. But he does purchase her more risque equipment and some of her finer clothing, and if you'd like a more...personal relationship on the down-low, that could be arranged! Whether friends or something else, I'm up for anything :P

InnocentSynn

I'm gonna go ahead and plant a flag here along with what I think I'm gonna be going with.......

Mightyena