News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Gundam spin-off

Started by Silk, February 15, 2009, 08:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silk

I have been thinking about running a roleplay that is not based on any of the series, depending on its popularity will affect which i am thinking about going with, these include.

A NC-Exotic/Human Freeform: this is the cookie cutter style of roleplay it allows the most freedom but of course lacks structure and tends to be a bit exploitable, this one would revolve around a single team with everyone involved, rare exceptions for Enemy NPC leaders if someone is up for this.

The other option is a NC-Exotic/Human System: This would involve two+ teams of playable characters with their own agendas, the system would be in place to prevent excess powerplay against other playables.

The story I'm thinking about going with is as follows.

Peace on earth and space has long since been achieved, humanity spread and quickly expanded to nearby systems, Terraforming is not long off being a reality, mobile weapons of all kinds are only seen now in the security forces and the rare pirates and other criminals in the Galaxy, however, in recent years a Weapon designed by a unknown threat has spread faster than humanity could, but there was something special about this Virus, it only affected the male populace. The creator was quickly apprehended and executed but the virus has taken its toll, now there is approximately only one male to every five thousand females.

The different nations had their own ways of dealing with this crisis, the most common one being as soon as males reached their 21st year, they would be taken into reproduction facilities, where they would be cryogenically sealed and used purely for reproduction, no other resource was a problem, fuel, food, water, all in ample supply, but with this new threat, the male population has become a extremely valuable commodity, piracy and war have begun anew in attempts to not have the human race die out through lack of breeding, of course the Central foundation of the GRS (Galaxy's ruling senate) have deemed this a crime against humanity while the larger outer colonies and planets banded together against the GRS in a desperate attempt at survival seeing no other way, calling themselves the HSF (Humanity's Survival Forces) Mobile weapons are still reasonably rare and battles mostly consist of battleships and fighters, however new units are seen on the battlefield daily as the war escalates and plans to overwhelm the Galaxy in a tide of slow death.

The three options of course are the GRS, the HSF, or a third force that could be comprised of more forces, although assuming the third force is more likely to be chosen, Male characters would be rare in the HSF as they would be in the Sperm farms.

So.. any takers? :)

Paladin

Oh Heck yes. I call something Along the Lines of Freedom or Wing Gundam. I loved thoes two the most . I'd like to Play a Male if that possible. He could be Bishonen and crossdresses so people don't know he's a Male. That could be fun to do actually.

Silk

If you like  :D The male limitation isnt so much to limit playability of males, its more to throw a interesting twist on wars that were allmost allways religious/territorial/supplies, or whatever else, but it does mean NPC males will be limited excessively, if there turns out to be a high male turn out it could allways be a group of males disatisfied with all of this have gone off by themselves with a few sympathetic females for company.

Paladin

wow am I the only one interested? Maybe it could be a one on one or something then.

Silvester

Hmm, I am very interested. If this idea takes off, please PM me. I lean towards something along the lines of Gundam Wing, but I'll be happy with whatever is chosen. Also, I really like the idea of two opposing teams. Too bad there aren't enough people yet for that to work.