Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

Quote from: Mithlomwen on November 30, 2017, 06:33:29 AM
I have officially lost my faith in humanity.

To be honest, I'm not really surprised these people would prefer a pedophile to a Democrat. When you've become ideological to that degree, nothing your guy does will matter.
The most truthful thing Trump ever said is that he could shoot a person on the middle of Fifth Avenue and his supporters wouldn't care.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Mithlomwen

Quote from: RedEve on November 30, 2017, 06:46:07 AM
To be honest, I'm not really surprised these people would prefer a pedophile to a Democrat. When you've become ideological to that degree, nothing your guy does will matter.
The most truthful thing Trump ever said is that he could shoot a person on the middle of Fifth Avenue and his supporters wouldn't care.

Yeah.  :/ 

I....just....I'm afraid. Really afraid for our future. 

Learning about Roy, learning the tax reform bill will likely pass, learning of Trump's war of words with the British Prime minister after him re-tweeting anti islamic videos.....

It's all very disheartening, and terrifying. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

RedEve

Quote from: Mithlomwen on November 30, 2017, 06:53:56 AM
Yeah.  :/ 

I....just....I'm afraid. Really afraid for our future. 

Learning about Roy, learning the tax reform bill will likely pass, learning of Trump's war of words with the British Prime minister after him re-tweeting anti islamic videos.....

It's all very disheartening, and terrifying.

From a European perspective, those retweets were shocking, even with the knowledge that I already believe Trump is a true white supremacist.
But I foolishly believed there were people in the administration who still had enough control over him so that he would not stoop to that level.
What he did was the equivalent of say Emmanuel Macron or Theresa May retweeting racist tweets from David Duke.
Essentially something that is - or should be - too absurd to even contemplate.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

gaggedLouise

Quote from: RedEve on November 30, 2017, 07:00:56 AM
From a European perspective, those retweets were shocking, even with the knowledge that I already believe Trump is a true white supremacist.
But I foolishly believed there were people in the administration who still had enough control over him so that he would not stoop to that level.
What he did was the equivalent of say Emmanuel Macron or Theresa May retweeting racist tweets from David Duke.

+10

We had Berlusconi here in Europe, running Italy for many years - he's roughly the same kind of politician as Trump: a media tycoon and semi-showbiz personality turned raucous populist politician and attacking the serious political people (and attacking women). That was bad enough, but Berlusconi wasn't the leader of a major military power, and he sisn't go about saying he was gonna send leading persons in other major parties to jail.

This political freakshow needs to come to an end.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Mithlomwen

Correction:  Anti Muslim videos, not anti Islamic. 

Quote from: RedEve on November 30, 2017, 07:00:56 AM

Exactly. 

I just can't understand why something isn't being done about him. 

How it's possible he hasn't been impeached already is completely beyond me.  How it's possible that someone hasn't already started impeachment proceedings is unfathomable to me. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Various

Quote from: Mithlomwen on November 30, 2017, 07:12:34 AM
Correction:  Anti Muslim videos, not anti Islamic. 

Exactly. 

I just can't understand why something isn't being done about him. 

How it's possible he hasn't been impeached already is completely beyond me.  How it's possible that someone hasn't already started impeachment proceedings is unfathomable to me.

There have been impeachment articles filled but they won't go anywhere. America at this point is like any number of countries divided by the European powers without any rhyme or reason to it where different groups are thrown together for shits and giggles. The difference here is we did it to ourselves. Tribalism has reached the point where the people of Alabama are running to the polls for a pedophile because there is an R by his name. Tribalism has reached the point where the GOP overlooks what seems not only to be early onset dementia in their pussy-grabbing leader (while claiming to be the party of morality) but also a black and white violation of the emoluments clause because of tax cuts to billionaires. This country was attacked by a hostile foreign power and half of the country is complacent in it because of two-party politics.

The impeachment of Donald Trump posits that we live in a sane and rational universe. We do not. We live in a black comedy that will only end when the Manchild starts nuclear war because of his ridiculously fragile ego. It will be a fitting end.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Various on November 30, 2017, 07:41:23 AM
We live in a black comedy that will only end when the Manchild starts nuclear war because of his ridiculously fragile ego.

And this is what terrifies me. 

It literally makes me physically ill, and gives me panic attacks at the same time. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Various

Quote from: Mithlomwen on November 30, 2017, 07:51:02 AM
And this is what terrifies me. 

It literally makes me physically ill, and gives me panic attacks at the same time.

I would welcome it. Sure, I'd be dead, but I'd die smiling (if but for lack of teeth from radiation poisoning) at the absurdity that the world ends because the most obvious and transparent con man in the history of Western Civilization conned a minority of the dumbest people in the dumbest Western country because of their mutual loathing of people with skin color other than their own.

Of course, part of this is because I know a lot of those marks that fell for it. I would probably not have the same c'est la mort attitude if he were French (sorry, to the French for placing such an irredeemable monster as one of your countrymen even for an instant).
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Trigon

John McCain has given the thumbs up for the GOP tax plan: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/30/16719740/senate-tax-vote-john-mccain-yes

I would say that this is now game over. The tsunami of shit is coming right on schedule...

Fury Aphrodisia

FAKE NEWS!

Everyone knows tsunamis are a Chinese hoax.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

gaggedLouise

Rex Tillerson suddenly cancels a visit to Stockholm . according to the NY Times, he has been called back to Washington and the reason is that Donald Trump wants to tell him: *drumroll* "You are Fired!!"  ::)

Or maybe it could be John Kelly who wants to fire him, but no big difference...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/us/politics/state-department-tillerson-pompeo-trump.html

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Trieste

Quote from: gaggedLouise on November 30, 2017, 12:03:06 PM
Rex Tillerson suddenly cancels a visit to Stockholm . according to the NY Times, he has been called back to Washington and the reason is that Donald Trump wants to tell him: *drumroll* "You are Fired!!"  ::)

Or maybe it could be John Kelly who wants to fire him, but no big difference...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/us/politics/state-department-tillerson-pompeo-trump.html

This isn’t a terrible thing. If Trump keeps tapping Senate Republicans for cabinet positions, it raises the possibility of the Senate swinging blue again, or at least getting closer. If he pulls Cotton from the Senate, it leaves room for an Arkansas Democrat to take that Senate seat. Arkansas voted for Obama in 08 and 12, and recall that Bill Clinton was Governor in Arkansas before he was POTUS. Also there’s the fact that Tillerson’s decimation of the State Dept is being met with disapproval (plus the fact that he’s a fucking crook) and you have the very real possibility that the Trump administration isn’t interested in completely nuking the State Dept - and therefore might be interested in maintaining diplomatic ties with at least a few allies. This, in turn, allows said allies to still cooperate with the US as an entity, while continuing to reject Trump personally.

Trump is not going to be impeached as long as there’s a Republican House of Representatives, and he won’t be removed from office as long as there’s a Republican Senate. Not to mention that Pence is pretty fucking bad, himself. The best bet that the US has for more sanity is to return to a government in joint control of the legislative branch. Flip the House of Reps in the next election and then remove Trump and Pence from office, and you theoretically have President Pelosi. While not thrilling, Pelosi has a better chance of trying to repair things than Ryan would have.

This turn of events is an extreme long-shot, but anything is possible now that Trump is president. ::)

Various

Quote from: Trieste on November 30, 2017, 01:23:07 PM
This isn’t a terrible thing. If Trump keeps tapping Senate Republicans for cabinet positions, it raises the possibility of the Senate swinging blue again, or at least getting closer. If he pulls Cotton from the Senate, it leaves room for an Arkansas Democrat to take that Senate seat. Arkansas voted for Obama in 08 and 12, and recall that Bill Clinton was Governor in Arkansas before he was POTUS.

While Bill Clinton was governor of Arkansas, it went for McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012. Maybe you're thinking of Virginia?
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Yukina

Quote from: Various on November 30, 2017, 08:01:53 AM
I would welcome it. Sure, I'd be dead, but I'd die smiling (if but for lack of teeth from radiation poisoning) at the absurdity that the world ends because the most obvious and transparent con man in the history of Western Civilization conned a minority of the dumbest people in the dumbest Western country because of their mutual loathing of people with skin color other than their own.

Of course, part of this is because I know a lot of those marks that fell for it. I would probably not have the same c'est la mort attitude if he were French (sorry, to the French for placing such an irredeemable monster as one of your countrymen even for an instant).

I feel it's a sad thing when I watched the ending to last night's South Park episode and thought "This could disturbingly happen".....

Trieste

Quote from: Various on November 30, 2017, 06:06:46 PM
While Bill Clinton was governor of Arkansas, it went for McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012. Maybe you're thinking of Virginia?

Nah, I was looking at the Ballotpedia page on Arkansas for election results (I thought). I’ve since closed it, so it’s hard to retrace my steps now. Thanks for the correction!

Orval Wintermute

Trump "might" be coming to the UK in February to open the new US embassy. That noise in the background? That's the sound of pitchforks being sharpened.

Regina Minx

Trigon

The GOP in the Senate have now secured the minimum votes necessary to pass through the tax cut: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/01/politics/senate-tax-bill-vote-uncertainty/index.html

In a few hours Mike Pence will cast the tie breaking vote to push it through.

TheGlyphstone

It's a few weeks old, but still funny. Year Of The Trump in review by John Oliver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZAPwfrtAFY

Trigon

That video is "not available" in the current country I'm living in :(

The GOP is now handwriting the final changes to the tax cut bill before rushing it through for the vote later tonight: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gop-tax-bill-handwritten-notes_us_5a21ef80e4b03350e0b6dbe3?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Read it and weep!

Trieste

Just finished Seth Abramson's awesome Twitter thread explaining the deal that Flynn got. No unhinged tweets from Herr Cheeto just yet but it's not 4am on the east coast yet either...

Trigon

The rot sure does extend quite far, doesn't it! Its just one more symptom of a system on the verge of collapse...

Trigon

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Trieste on December 01, 2017, 08:42:14 PM
Just finished Seth Abramson's awesome Twitter thread explaining the deal that Flynn got. No unhinged tweets from Herr Cheeto just yet but it's not 4am on the east coast yet either...

3 hours to go...