Secrets of Blackgate Castle (Gothic Horror, Extreme/NC)

Started by eBadger, September 28, 2013, 03:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueEyedBard

Hope it was ok to throw a profile down. By the by, if it's not clear, this Van Helsing should not do confused with the 2004 action hero Van Helsing, which is just silly and ridiculous.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

spooky

eh, well since you moved faster that would make four... Unless mister Badger wants a 5th player I suppose I'll save my priest for a later story. Unfortunate.
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

BlueEyedBard

"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

spooky

eBadger

I'm definitely still recruiting; I'd like at least six and the only upper limit is how many players and threads I can really deal with, which would basically involve lots of you being lumped together :) 

Short answer: priest sounds awesome, write him up!

eBadger

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on October 02, 2013, 03:06:11 PM
Hope it was ok to throw a profile down. By the by, if it's not clear, this Van Helsing should not do confused with the 2004 action hero Van Helsing, which is just silly and ridiculous.

Yeah, that would lead to a particularly quick and grisly death :)  The only thing redeemable about that movie was Kate Beckinsale's corset. 

He looks good, although I'll warn you his knowledge of the supernatural may be a bit limited in regards to some of the denizens of the Castle; figuring them out is half the fun, after all! 

BlueEyedBard

Of course, it's the pursuit of that knowledge that draws him into the castle in the first place.
On/Off

spooky

Name: Lucas Usher Xavier (The good(ish)- Father Lucas, The bad- Father Lux)
Concept: The Tainted Priest
Statistics-
  Innocence: 1
  Depravity: 4
  Vigor: 4
  Dexterity: 2
  Wits: 4
  Abilities: Divine Rituals and Inquisitional Arts (Exorcism, Demonology, Torture)
  Weaknesses: Lecherous, Self mutilation
Appearance:

Personality:
Father Lucas-"The Inquisitor" Father Lucas is extremely pious, albeit his beliefs call for the torture and eventual murder of all that oppose his translation of his biblical studies. He is plagued by hedonistic desires that lead to his hatred (and secret love) of lewd or overtly attractive women. He is prone to distraction in the presence of women, and as such yearns to control his obsession as well as it's cause. He aims to purge the world of its sins and evils, supernatural and otherwise, he also sees himself as a martyr. He pessimistically believes that the dark elements of his lusts are incurable and he will have no place in the perfect world his actions will eventually create.
"Father Lux"-"The Dark Priest" Father Lux is shadow that seeps through into consciousness of Father Lucas. He is a creature of base desires, one that lusts for flesh and the corruption of the soul. He is hedonistic and sadistic, feeding on the self loathing and lusts of his other half. While in control of the body Father Lux does all he can to pervert and torment everyone that he can reach, preferring rape to consent, and torture to questioning. While dormant he can do little but force his stronger desires upon the mind of his other half, always waiting for a moment of weakness to exploit.

Background: Lucas Usher Xavier was born in 1535 to a whore and her pimp in a nameless back alley during a mid-winter night. Before his eyes even opened he was placed at the altar of a local church with no note and not so much as any swaddling. He was baptized as a child of god and raised to do gods work, the father in charge of him placed him in the choir and taught him scripture constantly. He was dedicated to his studies at a young age, seeing it as his only way to make up for his "freeloading".

At age 12 Lucas was sent to the Vatican by way of a traveling inquisition in route to Rome, and that is when his interest for the righteous cause was seeded. The inquisitor he was sent with took him as an apprentice of sorts, teaching him the ways to detect and reveal heretics, blasphemers, the possessed and the practitioners of the craft. His experiences were greatly valued by the young Lucas, but sadly he was also an adolescent boy in the midst of puberty. As such, he felt his first experience of lust during the prosecution of a village harlot accused of heresy, and was severely punished.

At 17, Lucas commonly wore a cilice, even beyond the normal periods of reflection required during prayer. This was his teacher's way to aid his spiritual purity. He learned to hide his lusts better, but was still unable to purge his mind of impure thoughts. He was given the title of inquisitor due to his conviction and the strict measures he put himself under in order to make up for his desires. The church saw his self hating actions as some kind of "proof faith", and awarded him the title even at his young age.

As Lucas began to go out on his own missions to purify the Irish countrysides he brought up charges against mainly women. His methods of wringing truth from the condemned included all manners of torture including mental and spiritual torment. He often attended to the physical abuse and binding of these women personally, a method he claimed ensured it's validity. He began feeling pleasure as he acted against these women, which he convinced himself was an effect of his virtuous actions. Soon, Lucas was chasing the passionate feeling of "purifying" the women guilty of the most heinous crimes.

At age 20 Lucas was ordained by the church in the midst of the dark reign of Queen Mary I, a gift for his blows against the enemies of god. In other words, the hundreds of women he'd beaten tortured and raped(never personally) into admitting to crimes. Though, his priesthood was short lived as some others discovered his drive to correcting the world was basely hedonistic. He strove only to satisfy his sadistic desires, and not for the will of god. Though, at that point his delusional faith in his own virtue brought him to a mental break, and he lashed out against those that accused him. Though, he never remembered this outbreak of violence and slanderous accusations.

After finding himself to be surrounded by those that believed him lost, he strove to find solace in the only thing that pleased him. He ventured out to find the darkest places and cleanse them of evils, which eventually brought him to Blackgate Castle.

-A side note-
The darker side of the priest developed in his youth, even before leaving with the inquisitor. While living in the church that accepted him as an infant, Lux decided to show himself. Lux popped into existence when the boy reached 10, at the beginning of his pubescent period. The first action the darker half took was to sneak into the local brothel and find his mother. Lux spent months trying to discover which whore he commonly heard the nuns speak of, the one that peeked in every so often after he was found at the altar. Lux was quick to put two and two together.

When Lux found his mother, she was unconscious in an opium den, and so he slit her throat as she slept. the boy sat there playing with himself as her body cooled, then left and went to the church. It didn't take long for his bloody clothes to be discovered and the caning began. Luckily for Lux, his other half was so taken aback by the accusations he faced that he was easily pushed aside. Thus, Lux took the punishments and spat ludicrous accusations and lewd comments in return.

The wide shift in his personalities lead to him being sent to Rome, though with an added conviction and the watchful eye of his new tutor, Lux found himself unable to control the body. Though, he slowly found the ability to impress certain impurities in his snobby alter-ego. Lux found that the new tutor had effective methods to cause his other self to be punished, without weakening his resolved, which kept his fun short. Though, eventually Lux found that his body was walking around in charge of itself, "cleansing the world".

Lux was able to push himself into the mind of his other half, causing the increased savagery of his actions. This pressure every once and a while allowed Lux to take charge of his own inquisitions, sweetening his life all the more. Sadly there where members of the church that started rallying for his excommunication. Lux decided that this was unsavory, and in the state of shock, and bruised faith he found his weak half in, Lux took over. Lux slashed the good name of all his opposing priests, shaming them and destroying them as ruthlessly as he did any witch or whore. When they were safely removed from the church, he would hunt them down, and break them... mind body and soul.

For a while now however, Lux has been held down by the renewed conviction of the saintly Lucas.

Perversion you'd like to try out: Rape, Torture, Bondage, Possession, and anything random and right! >:)
Interesting way you might die: Two conflicted personalities get separate bodies and kill each other, during sex, in the middle of a session of tormenting someone. Any of the many ways he has condemned his victims.
Ons & Offs: Likes innocence, meek women, those that are easily impressionable.  Dislikes lewd behavior, poop and the idea of being controlled.

spooky

Love And Submission

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

eBadger

Quote from: DTW on October 02, 2013, 06:15:00 PM
I'm interested. Is this at five already?

People keep coming up with strange caps :) We're still recruiting, yeah. 

RedEve

Are you still recruiting for this? I would very much be interested in the role of a poor naive maiden who gets her bodice ripped and much worse. ;)

In terms of the posting frequency, two posts a week would be the absolute maximum I could manage at the moment. If you hope for someone who will average more than that, I might not be your ideal player.

Let me know if you still might have a place for me.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

eBadger

We're still recruiting, yes; I'm hoping to get the game underway this weekend. 

As for a couple posts a week, that's workable; but if you feel it's questionable then it may not be the most fun for you.  That said, if you do need to drop out this game is a nearly ideal one for dealing with that *slice*

In other news, the OOC thread is up  Feel free to conspire there and come up with any preferred pairings/groupings to begin with. 

eBadger

Still hoping for at least one more character before we get started.

Izaya Orihara

Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

eBadger

Izaya Orihara

Okay, then. Here's one of my ideas.
As a side note, I'll be on holiday in Menorca for a week. Starting in a few hours.
Just so you know.

Name: Heinrich Kemmler
Concept: Shapeshifting Nazi Necromancer
Statistics-
  Innocence: 1
  Depravity: 4
  Vigor: 4
  Dexterity: 2
  Wits: 4
  Abilities: Necromancy, Shapeshifting.
  Weaknesses: Lecherous, Arrogant.
Appearance:
Personality: Evil, possessing of a dark humour, sadistic, bloodthirsty. Manipulative. Arrogant, can sometimes be angered easily, though it depends on circumstances. His personality is rather odd, and can change from one thing to another. Brutal, impulsive, excessively-violent personality and a lethally-short temper. However, despite his aggression and obvious blood lust in battle, he possesses a feral cunning and has a knack for quickly exploiting any opening his opponent reveals. In addition, he can be blunt, sarcastic, and quite sadistic, revealing a psychotic grin or laughing maniacally whenever he becomes excited sometimes, or eerily silent, cold and disdainful at other times. He is also very rude and quite disrespectful at times, and mockingly polite, cunning and manipulative at others. He's often serious, yet at the same time disdainful of others, often laughing when opponents claim that they can defeat him. He possesses both a superiority complex and an inferiority complex. He sometimes considers most other people weaker, and beneath him. He treats them as you might expect, yet when he believes others to be stronger, or they have proven themselves to be stronger- very few will at that, since he sometimes overestimates himself, Kemmler obsesses over them, wanting to become as strong as them, yet also seeming fanatical towards them, and perhaps as scared of them. A few other things. He tends to have quite the interest in women- something which centuries of living haven't changed.
Background:  Born in 1519, in Heidelberg. Heinrich belonged to a relatively wealthy noble family in the Holy Roman Empire. He proved from an early age, an interest in the occult and the supernatural, often spending large amounts of time in Heidelberg library- and studying many of the occult texts therein, and at sites of mystical power around Heidelberg. Heinrich took an interest in the more military aspects of things too, as he was born during quite turbulent times. The conflict that engulfed much of Europe, and dragged his attention to such things so that he became quite proficient with gun and blade. Often with an avid interest in women, which could sometimes be seen as a weakness. He proved to be skilled in political manoeuvring, sometimes dealing skilfully with potential threats from other noble houses. He always showed a sinister side, and it was he who was responsible for certain nasty murders and macabre rituals committed in that city; a trait of his that would mark events both major and seemingly unimportant in the centuries to come.

Heinrich later moved from place to place, with his skills in necromancy he had reason to profit from conflict, with the supply of potential servants that it offered. He may have orchestrated plenty of conflicts across the world in his time, including both world wars, during which he may have appeared and been known as important individuals in such wars, and some of the more infamous and sadistic murderers through the mid 1600s to modern day may have been him. So far, he has died at least seven times, fortunately for him, none of the myriad array of adversaries of the mortal or supernatural kind he has encountered and faced over the years has managed to kill him on a Halloween, and indeed, most are unaware of that weakness. Still, dying is unpleasant for him nonetheless, and it helps his sanity little, and increased his hatred for whatever caused his evidently temporary demise, tenfold. It's suspected The latest three of those deaths were in the 1890's, again in the conclusion of WW2 and more recently in 1961. He has encountered a wide range of supernatural creatures and beings, and has travelled to a wide range of locations of supernatural import over his lifetime.

He often changed political allegiance; even though he was heavily behind the Nazis- to such an extent that he was behind several necromantic cults in the SS other facets of the Nazis, and related organisations like the Thule Society, he was also involved in numerous post war terrorist organisations in West Germany like the Red Army Faction. Also, the IRA, Euskadi Ta Askatasuna, Batasuna, GRAPO, Rewolucyjni Mściciele, BBET, Shining Path, EPP, FARC–EP, Al-Qaeda, LRA, and other organizations that often used violent tactics to get their goals, thus resulting in strife and death, the cause of which was Kemmler's intent. Groups of organised crime, like Mafia in various countries, also had connections to him. As did shady paramilitary organisations like Georgia's(the country) Mkhedrioni. Over the years, Heinrich has influenced the world greatly, and there are several large and secretive organisations that worship him and his acolytes. He wrote, and self published, the book The Word of Heinrich Kemmler among other magical texts including The Blood of Kemmler, The Mind of Kemmler, and The Heart of Kemmler. In The Word of Kemmler he spelled out the recipe for the Darkhallow, and thus, the few copies of it that exist are highly sought after. After all, it is a key to great power for necromancers, and many of those sorts are power-hungry. Other than him, and an advisor spirit of his that helped him figure out how to initiate a Darkhallow in the first place, that is the only way to gain access to knowledge of the ritual.

Kemmler practices what he called 'true magic' in which magic is used to control life and death. His main focus was necromancy, for which Kemmler had several people; acolytes who followed in his footsteps and practices the darker arts. The most notable of those include Corpsetaker, Grevane, and Kumori, as well as some key members of the Nazis, and certain occult individuals affiliated to them. He was on good terms with Mengele, though Kemmler tended to regard his methods as crude and his ideals amusing, compared to himself. Kemmler is renowned in the supernatural community, and has been deemed such a risk that entire organisations dedicated to destroying people such as him, hunt him in order to carry out their judgement. Heinrich now seeks further ways to add to his power and effect world events in ways large and small, traveling to various occult-oriented places in the world, including areas with various legends abounding them.
Perversion you'd like to try out: Pretty much anything. Including some of the more unusual BDSM stuff. :P
Interesting way you might die: Slowly tortured- in various ways, then perhaps trapped in a holy/cursed artefact- like a coffin or something, since he tends not to stay dead.
Ons & Offs: Most things go. Though, because he's influenced by my own tendencies, he thinks that submissive women are boring.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

eBadger

Looks good, though to warn ya we're starting to trend a bit Top heavy atm