News:

Main Menu

Winter is Coming...

Started by Rhapsody, April 01, 2012, 04:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

Beorning

Okay, I finally had time to watch the last four episodes of Season 6 (they were lying touched in my DVR until now) and I can only say... wow!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Episode 9 just kicked ass when it came to epicness (even with problems with the battle tactics). I loved the Winterfell battle, as well as the Slavers' Bay battle (and how awesome was Tyrion with his "There was a misunderstanding... we came to discuss the terms of *your* surrender"?). And Ramsay's fate... yesssssss. He so had it coming!

Episode 10 was very good, too. Cersei just blowing up everyone... oh crap. And that ending, setting up the final conflict: A King in the North vs A Queen in the South vs A Queen From The East. Verrrry cool.

One thing I'm not sure I like is Jon being Rhaeger's son. I liked him better a simple bastard Ned fathered on a side... he was the story's everyman.

BTW. I wonder how this particular revelation will play out in the books, where we also have Young Griff?

BTW2. I see that everyone is worrying about Sansa's glance at Littlefinger. Personally, I didn't interpret it as her planning betrayal... more of her worrying about the coming betrayal by Littlefinger. Baelish cannot be a king of the Seven Kingdoms with Jon ruling the North, can he? So, I bet he is planning something... and Sansa knows him enough to realize that.

Overall, this season was deeply satisfying. Even though I'd really prefer to read all of this in a book form first... (Martin!!! *shakes fist*)

Iniquitous

Quote from: Beorning on July 06, 2016, 07:45:16 AM
Okay, I finally had time to watch the last four episodes of Season 6 (they were lying touched in my DVR until now) and I can only say... wow!

Episode 9 just kicked ass when it came to epicness (even with problems with the battle tactics). I loved the Winterfell battle, as well as the Slavers' Bay battle (and how awesome was Tyrion with his "There was a misunderstanding... we came to discuss the terms of *your* surrender"?). And Ramsay's fate... yesssssss. He so had it coming!

Episode 10 was very good, too. Cersei just blowing up everyone... oh crap. And that ending, setting up the final conflict: A King in the North vs A Queen in the South vs A Queen From The East. Verrrry cool.

One thing I'm not sure I like is Jon being Rhaeger's son. I liked him better a simple bastard Ned fathered on a side... he was the story's everyman.

BTW. I wonder how this particular revelation will play out in the books, where we also have Young Griff?

BTW2. I see that everyone is worrying about Sansa's glance at Littlefinger. Personally, I didn't interpret it as her planning betrayal... more of her worrying about the coming betrayal by Littlefinger. Baelish cannot be a king of the Seven Kingdoms with Jon ruling the North, can he? So, I bet he is planning something... and Sansa knows him enough to realize that.

Overall, this season was deeply satisfying. Even though I'd really prefer to read all of this in a book form first... (Martin!!! *shakes fist*)

The books have long hinted at the whole R+L=J. GRRM even stated that one of the fan theories was correct (that being the R+L=J theory). As it stands right now in the books, young Griff hasn't been proven to truly be a Targaryan. And even if he IS one, there has to be three and that would make three. (Assuming that Tyrion is not actually the son of the Mad King and Tywin's wife - which is also a theory... one that has some possibility since the Complete History of Westeros does have quite a bit the Mad King having a thing for Tywin's wife and the fact that Tywin took her away from King's Landing, never to let her return - this was, if my memory serves me right, right before her pregnancy with Tyrion.)
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Beorning

Quote from: Iniquitous on July 06, 2016, 10:23:00 PM
The books have long hinted at the whole R+L=J. GRRM even stated that one of the fan theories was correct (that being the R+L=J theory). As it stands right now in the books, young Griff hasn't been proven to truly be a Targaryan. And even if he IS one, there has to be three and that would make three. (Assuming that Tyrion is not actually the son of the Mad King and Tywin's wife - which is also a theory... one that has some possibility since the Complete History of Westeros does have quite a bit the Mad King having a thing for Tywin's wife and the fact that Tywin took her away from King's Landing, never to let her return - this was, if my memory serves me right, right before her pregnancy with Tyrion.)

Out of curiosity, where was it hinted that Jon might be a Targaryen? I totally missed that...

On completely another note, what did you guys think of Septa Unella's fate? For me, it was really creepy... although I was kind of disappointed by the revelation that Gregor Clegane was simply a pale-faced zombie. It was... kind of obvious. I actually expected him to be something more disgusting, like headless corpse or something like that...

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Beorning on July 07, 2016, 01:16:18 PM
Out of curiosity, where was it hinted that Jon might be a Targaryen? I totally missed that...

On completely another note, what did you guys think of Septa Unella's fate? For me, it was really creepy... although I was kind of disappointed by the revelation that Gregor Clegane was simply a pale-faced zombie. It was... kind of obvious. I actually expected him to be something more disgusting, like headless corpse or something like that...

It's all over the internet and the books are pretty pointed about telling without telling and foreshadowing.  It is also a huge deal for the winner of a tourney, with a wife, crowns someone else the Queen of Love and Beauty (with her own favorite roses, none the less).  That exchange about the tourney is in the first book before Robert and Ned's party continue to King's Landing and Jon and Benjen go north to the wall.  The episode of the tv show is called The Kingsroad.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Bloodied Porcelain

This showed up in my Facebook feed today.

Explanation of the Sansa-Little finger look (Note: Spoilery)

I knew it. :D
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Polymorph

Anyone else read the latest chapter from Winds of Winter? Euron has some longterm gameplan, but that is still shrouded in theories.