How to Roleplay

Started by christalskies, March 28, 2015, 12:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christalskies

Hello,

This is probably a stupid question, but how does one roleplay on this site without using the private message system?  How does one RP via a private thread?

Thank you!

Nico

Hello!

Well, you either can use the many boards we offer, or you can write via our PM system, but you will have to make sure your potential writing partner wants to write via PM. ~nodnod~

As for the threads - each thread is private, in fact, between yourself and your writing partner. Nobody else will post in a thread they are not a part of. Everyone is free to read, of course, but not comment in the thread or even make a post. That's a no-go here on E.

Dice

As far as I know there are no private threads, you just make a new one in the relevant forum and get going. It really does not matter though as 99% of the time the only people reading a thread are the ones that are posting in it. Also of note, off site issues do not find there way onto the site due to its closed nature keeping people away.

If you really want to keep something to yourself the two best ways are on site PM's and off sight IM.

Nick beat me to it. Got some info I missed too. Nice.

christalskies

So just to be clear.  I create a thread in the appropriate place, and no one else but the person I want to will post on it?  So I shd just create a thread and send my partner a link?

Nico

Quote from: christalskies on March 28, 2015, 12:41:45 PM
So just to be clear.  I create a thread in the appropriate place, and no one else but the person I want to will post on it?  So I shd just create a thread and send my partner a link?
Yes, that's it! :-)

christalskies

Thanks Nicholas,

You have been a great help, I've been so confused about that!

Nico

You're welcome! :-) Good luck and have fun with your stories!

Nadir

If someone else but your partner does post in the thread, click on the "report to moderator" button and alert us. It's never happened in my experience, though!