Dark Conspiracy (game idea looking for players)

Started by Hunter, September 01, 2005, 11:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

Dark Conspiracy is a fantasy role-playing game set in the very near future.  It is a future set against a backdrop of a global economic collapse.  Governments have lost their power to the mega-corporations.  The poor eke out a meager existence on the stipend provided by the sale their proxy votes to the rich, who in turn wield the power to keep the middle class in line.  Social decay is running rampant.  And as if that wasn't bad enough, every monster story you've ever heard was probably based on a real creature.  Although these creatures have long-since been banished from the earth, their stories have been passed along in whispered tones, for fear that their mention would bring the darkness back.  The world of Dark Conspiracy is one where the seals that have separated these dark minions from our world are weakening.  Now the ancient evils of old walk the earth once more; their presence disguised by the urban decay, Their dark cause furthered by humanity's ambivalence. Often we find that the stories that have been passed from generation to generation bear little resemblence to reality.  The player in a Dark Conspiracy game takes on the role of a Minion Hunter; a person who for one reason or another, has learned of the Dark incursion, and chosen to to dedicate their life to fighting it.

http://www.geocities.com/manodogs/RPG/darkcon/camp/index.html Background.

Any players out there interested?   ;D
(Game mechanics will be covered if sufficient number of peoples chime in as interested.)

GolGol

My game ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75040.0

Ons and Offs, the updated list,  and pictures. Updated 29/10: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4506

Discord: Plasmapudding#3339

Jennifer

Gimme gimme .. I want in .. can I, Can I .. huh huh .. please please (begs)

Cammulus

I'm game as well....but wow, haven't looked at the system in ages. So...help?!
\"Sex\" is as important as eating or drinking and we ought to allow the one appetite to be satisfied with as little restraint or false modesty as the other. ~ M. de Sade

Your body is the church where Nature asks to be reverenced. ~ M. de Sade

Jennifer

yes please HELP !!!! (waaagh) .. if you have it typed out somewhere that would be oh so very helpful. Unless offcourse you come across one of us online (pref the other half of me) and explain it all :)

Hunter

It's a very fun game.  We'll see who else chimes in as interested.

Follow the link to get an idea about the game mechanics.
http://www.sites.onlinemac.com/rollem_again/dcpage.htm

Hunter

There will need to be at least 4 (and more like 6) players before I'll attempt to run this game.  Thank you.   ;D

Hunter

Siegfried

Maybe.  Give us a little time to read the mechanics.

Hunter

I'm going to bump this thread as there would need to be at least one more interested person willing to commit to the game before I'd seriously consider putting something together.

indarkestknight

Jennifer

*cheers*

Does that mean that someone can start explaining things to me what sort of characters we could be thinkging about. Are we for starters some kind of crimefighting unit like CSI Miami 9New York or Las Vegas) .. or a more militairy unit fighting of the dragons and goblins and oozes from the netherword .. or are we just a bunch of average citizens that have been dubed and find themselves surrounded by government policies.

Hunter

Hunter

I'd like a gaming forum please.  ^_^
Normal Games (no explicit content section) called "Dark Conspiracy".

Thank you.   ;D

Hunter

Those peoples interested can contact me via private message so that they can begin character generation (which will likely take a while).  Please have some idea what you'd like your character will be when they grow up (like careers).  ^_^  Also have a name, gender, and nationality selected.

Jennifer

Just for public refference so maybe someone can be in that same line of work/profession to start out somewhere along a common line ? ...

Nationality: Italian (Sicilli)
Profession: CSI-Agent

Hunter

It's entirely up to the players to decide.  FYI, the game board is up.

Jennifer

C'mon guys (gals) the board is up and I made my character. Who is next ? So we can get something started ...  ;D

Hunter

Okay, what happened to all the interested people?  Only one person actually has tried to do a character as of date.   ??? ??? ???

Jennifer

Hunter

Hunter

I've added some background information that should be helpful to those considering joining the game.  Please do not hesistate to contact me if you're interested in playing.

Max

I wouldn't mind playing Dark Conspiracy again.  Would like a little more information.  What kind of characters are you looking for?  Ex-military, secret agents?
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

Hunter

It will likely depend on what characters the players generate but I'm currently expecting some form of mercenary work to be involved simply for the necessary capital.  So ex-military certainly wouldn't hurt.

Hunter