Spunky's Cafe (open to all)

Started by Spunky, November 16, 2009, 02:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeamonAndae19

He nodded with a saddened sigh "Yep... And it's even worse when my daughters at my parent's place, cos I' on my own all the time" he muttered as he fixed himself a scotch.

LynxKitten

"Alone? Any reason you can't have your daughter with you?" she asked curiously, hoping she wasn't overstepping a comfort level.

DeamonAndae19

"As I said, I was meant to be doing stuff this weekend, namely playing at a local concert, all weekend, and I'm outta town, so, can't have my kid here, around the band... For obvious reasons" he replied simply, clearly not bothered by her question.

LynxKitten

She nodded and smiled, "Ah, that makes sense." She giggled and held up her scotch, "No one is fit to watch a child when intoxicated." She nodded and took a swig.

DeamonAndae19

He smirked "We're not drinking, merely being... Boisterous" he laughed as he knocked back his drink. "You having another hon?" He asked simply, looking to her glass as he grasped the bottle in his free hand.

LynxKitten

She smiled and nodded, "Sure, it's happy hour somewhere, right?"

Sujini

Quote from: LynxKitten on August 02, 2012, 09:13:20 PM
Approaching the bar in her trademark leather bikini, hood, and boots, Lynx smiles at the guests seated around the cafe. Spotting Sujini, the human cat makes her way over and claims a stool beside her. "You summoned, dear?" she asked with a smile before turning to the barkeep. "Scotch please, no ice."

Sujini looks over, "I was not aware I had summoned anyone, but if you are going to be my butterscotch in my float, hopefully you are really sweet." as she teases said kitten. She waits for her root beer float. There is not a lot of activity here in this cafe. Is it like this normally? Sujini looks around the area checking out the folks in the room. (Only one for a moment. thought I would say hello while I am on. Just saying yeah since I got approved. Now trying to figure out how to upload my characters onto the site.  ~hugs and kisses~)

TheMarquis

As I enter the Cafe I am instantly struck by the sense of a place once so full of life and human -and unhuman -dramas.

I close my eyes and breathe in the scents of those who have recently been here. Here is a place I can escape the madness of my own existence; perhaps 'dress down' as it's referred to? I shudder at the thought and with a swish of my tailcoat leap onto a stool and have the distinct feeling that no one will pay any attention to my attire.

That said, I ruefully observe, it seems there is no one here other than myself to pay any attention to anything. As the bartender seems to be arrant and remiss in his duties I feel sure that the sovereign I leave on the table before me will adequately cover the fine Venetian sherry I pour myself.

Ambrosia!

*Closes ones eyes and calls out to the night to bring a company of wolfish strangers*
Tempt me: I dare you.

FallenTears

TheMarquis

Well that certainly wakes me up.

(Though I do have to have a sneaky Google for the meaning of such an outburst. Thank Jobs for the pocket ipad).

Care for a snifter, my dear?

iamaponyprincess

I gracefully role-play entering the Cafe in my beautiful pink gown fit for a cute little princess that I am. Also sparkles. I approach the closest person to me. Gentleman. He reminds me of a sleepy penguin with tailcoat and... well... being sleepy.

Yo, dawg! - I gracefully greet him with a nod of my head, - You heard I like role-playing, so I put role-playing in my role-playing, so I could role-play while role-playing, - I try to start a friendly conversation with a joke.

TheMarquis

I am abruptly awoken from the most bizarre dream of being stranded in the Arctic wastes, attempting to catch fish with my teeth and then being slapped playfully around the head by a penguin dressed in a delightful pink dress with an unhappy haddock.

Aha! Yes, it all comes back to me. The cafe,...the mischievous text-speaker...

And what vision of loveliness is this? And why have you not got a drink?!

I fly behind the bar with a whirling backflip and offer you the choice of the bar.

iamaponyprincess

I am taken aback by sudden change in this gentleman's behavior. Here he was looking cute and peacefull when all of a sudden he starts performing acrobatic tricks. Everyone in this town is crazy, I conclude to myself, though tempted to follow to my companion's example and do something impressive. Like killing myself againt closest wall. But I don't do it. I have dignity that I would like to save.

Let's drink vodka, my good sir, - I suggest politely after quick examination, - Every time of day is a good time to drink vodka, I say.

TheMarquis

My brief stint as a circus ringleader many years before still rears its show-offy ostentatious head from time to time. Thankfully, my much longer stint as a male go-go dancer in The Whippendales is something I am able to be much more discrete about.

Vodka coming right up. Ice and soda?

Grabbing the bottle of Stol I realise there's only one cure for this damned hangover...

I'll join you with the great leveller, a Bloody Mary...Cheers!

Holds out a hand and with a conditioned little bow,

The Marquis, though you may just call me Marquis -an honour to make your acquaintance.

iamaponyprincess

- Thank you very much. And I am a Pony Princess, - I gracefuly take Marquis's hand and make a little curtsy, - Which technically makes me your superior, - I voice my observation with a smile.

Upon finishing formalities involved into ritual of greeting I take a glass of vodka, - Cheers! - and with perfected gesture pour it into my mouth. Familiar taste makes my face all wry for a moment. I take a sip of soda.

- And no, my good sir, - I continue, - I'm not really a pony.

TheMarquis

I am a mere Marquis, Princess! And a dispossessed one at that. If either of us wished to 'pull rank' at some point then I fear I'll be the one doing the washing up.

I gesture to the jukebox,

Care for some music?

iamaponyprincess

- That's a pity rules do not let me claim you, - I giggle as quiet as possible, - You could become my first step toward creation of Ponyland, the worst possible place ever, - I imitate evil laugh, but than my face becomes serious, - That was a joke.

I cast a glance at my companion: what if he is disturbed by my joke and I'll never ever be approved by Them.

- I'm going to rely on your musical taste, Marquis, - I smile, - You must choose, but choose wisely.

TheMarquis

Fortunately for this impish Princess the Marquis is more than well-versed in Russian humour having spent much time in Moscow and chuckles at her ice-cool wit.

I suggest that the first thing we do, when the powers-that-be approve us, is to establish the fully autonomous state of Ponyland. The constitution would read like Lovecraft and the first thing we would do is replace the water reservoirs with the finest vodka.

Speaking of which -a bullet almost passed between our vodkas! *I shudder at my faux pas*

Our glasses replenished, I somersault over to the jukebox and with powers-that-be still in my mind I dedicate the following to the beguiling beauty before me:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
'Meds' by Placebo (Paranormal Attack Remix) (Naturally)

iamaponyprincess

- Replace water with vodka? - I giggle, - That's not a worst place, quite the opposite, I say.

While Marquis is jumping all around the cafe, I reach out for a bottle and replenish the glasses with vodka.

Song starts, and I turn to face my gallant, yet eccentric companion, - Can't say I heard this song before, - I try to increase volume of my voice without yelling across the room, - but I like it. Now would you, please, come back to me, so we drink to our fast approval. Otherwise we can drug ourself to the death before we face complications, - I let out one more giggling sound, - If you know what I'm talking about.

TheMarquis

Well,  think to myself, this place proves the old adage true: quality, not quantity. The Princess has enough character to fill the whole bar.

I waltz back to the pink vision and clink glasses,

Rainbowkitt

a semi young lady walks into the cafe and finds a table near the stage and sits down. She looked around with her acid green eyes to find someone to talk to. She wore dark blue jeans, a teal tanktop, and a light blue hoodie. Her hair was swept back out of her face by purple cat eye goggles.

puppetmaster

A man in his early twenties walks into Spunky's Cafe, he is wearing cargo shorts and a white t-shirt, and sits in the bar.

Estevia

Frustrated with work, Jasper opens the door to Spunky's Cafe with nothing but the bar in her sights.  Its been a long hard day and though she notes the crowd building in the cafe she heads straight to the bar.  On any other day a growing crowd like this would make her uneasy but it was a "to hell with it" day. 

"Could I get a Vodka Cranberry please," she said approaching the server at the bar.  She took a seat at one of the tall leather covered stools and closed her eyes to blind out some of her stress.

The server poured her drink and she immediately took a sip letting the cool bittersweet beverage slip over her tongue.  Thank god for the weekend.
"Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need.
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why!"

Ariel

Ariel dances her into the bar, her head bobbing from the loud music blasting from her headphones. She hums along as she takes a seat next to a lovely lady nursing a redish drink. "One Bloody Mary, please!" She yells, then blushes as the girl angrily glares at her.

Ariel quickly turn her iPod off and smiles apollogetically. "Sorry." She says in a softer voice, then extends a slender hand. "My name's Ariel."
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

CuteDawgz42

Quote from: theron64 on August 06, 2011, 10:00:32 AM
I slowly peer out at the chair and gulp before creping from under the cloth and landing on the chair, again nervous, i look away, "
they won't have what i like though..." I sigh and lean my head on the table and look at Olive, a small tear rolling off my snout. "They'll think of me as a beast when they hear..."

OOC: D'awwww. Poor Theron. I wish I could just hug him. If I were there, I'd lean in close to Theron's face and lick that small tear rolling down his snout with my tongue. Then I'd cuddle him.