Drivers & Passengers -GMed- NO Vacancy

Started by Photo, January 14, 2013, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

Battle for Supra Pink slips! Winner keeps the car, loser...to the scrap yard!

HarleyQuinn

Quote from: Aiden on January 17, 2013, 10:33:10 PM

I second this!

Lithium

mj2002

Quote from: Aiden on January 17, 2013, 10:33:10 PM
Isn't the idea that whoever wins get the other racer's car if you compete for pink slips? Perhaps I'm wrong about this, but I thought that's how it went down.

Aiden

Correct, but in this situation. I was suggesting there can only be one (To drive the Supra)! (Cue dramatic Highlander music)

Just some playing around.  XD

Photo

there's a third Supra in the game, Mia H's character drives a Supra as well, she sent me her Character sheet in PM, there will eventually be a character thread where all the npcs and pcs will be stored. Although, I could just store them in a spoiler in the OOC that I'm about to make.

The triple supra thing might be cool. It's actually a great reason for three driver's to meet each other for the first time.... I'm saying too much. The story is coming together great, and sometime tomorrow, hopefully!!! I'll have to cram it in like homework! some time tomorrow, I'll have the second round of interviews for everyone. I'm even gonna narrow down the last questions so I can get a real good idea of what everyone is looking for.

It needs to be said, and I'll type it again, but I'll write it out now, while nothing is decided. Everyone will be make compromises in the areas that they aren't concerned about in order to recieve the optimum experience in the areas that DO concern them! This is a bit of an experiment for me. But, so far it's going really well.

OH! I keep forgetting.
@AdrianZef
just slap down a picture of your car, or just write out the title, and year model if you could, it helps me narrow down the specs on your machine.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

mj2002

Well well, another Korean girl! This should be good.

Aiden

xPeachyPuff

Sounds good to me!  Thought Jamie would prefer to be in someone's passangers seat *wink wink*, I'm sure she can race anyone who dares challenge her >D

-xSRx

ebpohmr

ebpohmr
Character name: Jason Hunt

Character age: 37

Character build: Caucasian male, standing at 1.91 metres tall and weighing in at 102kg with an athletic build.

Affiliation: Retired racer and stunt driver, owns a vehicle restoration and customisation shop. 

Automotive Preference: 70's & 80's American Muscle Cars - drives a 1978 Pontiac Trans-Am Firebird that he has restored and customised over the past five years.

Brief History: As his dad was an automobile mechanic and his mother died when he was a young, Jason grew up around cars. He had no particular love for them though until he sat watching a rerun of the 1977 movie Smokey and the Bandit. Something about the Bandit's car just caught the young boy's imagination and he fell in love with the sleek muscle car and that widened into a great appreciation for American Muscle cars in general. Although he was trained as a mechanic by virtue of years spent helping his Dad, Jason was more interested in the driving than the fixing. He liked to go fast and had a feel for how far he could push the car he was driving.

After winning a few local track races, Jason was offered sponsorship and he leapt at the chance to become a professional racer. For seven years he raced production cars on the oval circuit series, but after the initial excitement wore off, he discovered that it wasn't for him. After retiring from racing, Jason got into stunt driving and while he enjoyed the challenge of pulling off some tough stunts, again he found that the joy just wasn't there. At the age of thirty-two, Jason had a pile of cash saved up but no real ambition in life except to keep driving.

During a visit back home, he was helping his dad in the family garage when it suddenly hit him just how much he had missed working on the cars. On returning to the city, Jason sunk most of his money into a large garage. Using his fame as a circuit and stunt driver, he brought in some business - more so when he managed to hook up with the local street racing scene. Finding a beat-up 1978 trans-am, he began restoring and customising the car that had always been in his heart. Finding that he got real satisfaction from the process, he began acquiring other write-off's and started to focus his garage's work on restoration and customisation. As he often has space to spare in the garage, he has invited racer's to come in and use his facilities, mostly gratis. Jason rarely races any more and when he does, it is purely for the joy of the ride.

Appearance: At 6 foot 3 inches and being naturally built like a linebacker, Jason can at first seem intimidating although this is usually offset by his friendly demeanour and smile. He moves with a relaxed confidence, as if he is a man in control of a life he is enjoying. While he will occasionally grow out a beard, Jason prefers to shave every other day. Although some people call him a hippy for it, Jason keeps his hair a few inches past his shoulders in length - the hassle is worth it considering that his lovers always seem to enjoy running their hands through it. His usual attire is a leather jacket worn over polo-shirt with jeans, although he can wear a suit well when he needs to and will often wear blue coveralls when working in the garage.

Personality: Time has soothed the adrenaline junkie in him enough that, while Jason enjoys going fast and living the high life, it isn't enough for all the time. As such, he also has a solid, dependable side and an eye to the future. He has lived enough to know that there will always be someone better at anything he does and having accepted this, Jason tends to be fairly laid back and friendly. He can often be found at meets or parties at the centre of a group, sat with a bottle of beer as he recalls stories from his life or gives advice to those that ask for it. Jason still remembers what it was like to break into the racing culture and as a result, he has a soft spot for new arrivals and will often go to their aid, sometimes even sponsoring them or allowing them free use of his facilities and time. He does have a darker side, and those that betray his trust or take a grievance against his friends too far will often find this out to their detriment.

Other: Jason is heterosexual, but he doesn't mind having an audience or extra participants involved. He tends to take control and show that the shifter isn't the only stick he has a gift with.

ebpohmr

Still need to add the appearance, and edit the descriptions a little, but Jason is pretty much finished. Wanted to post in case laptop dies and will finish in the next couple of hours, once i get home!

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: ebpohmr on January 18, 2013, 08:58:38 AM
Still need to add the appearance, and edit the descriptions a little, but Jason is pretty much finished. Wanted to post in case laptop dies and will finish in the next couple of hours, once i get home!

He looks good to me, ebpohmr (:

-xSRx

HarleyQuinn

ebpohmr

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 18, 2013, 10:20:53 AM
He looks good to me, ebpohmr (:

-xSRx

Thanks! Jason's appearance info has been added, so he should be ready to go to the GM for approval. He's not an active racer - but will be involved a lot in the scene. I kind of tried blending Tej from Fast and Furious 2 with Han from Tokyo Drift and added a little seasoning to taste. ;)

I'm hoping I will be able to play other non-racers too though!

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: ebpohmr on January 18, 2013, 11:56:05 AM
Thanks! Jason's appearance info has been added, so he should be ready to go to the GM for approval. He's not an active racer - but will be involved a lot in the scene. I kind of tried blending Tej from Fast and Furious 2 with Han from Tokyo Drift and added a little seasoning to taste. ;)

I'm hoping I will be able to play other non-racers too though!

Yeah, he sounds awesome. I love Han from Tokyo Drift xD MC, Jamie, isn't really a racer either. Or she rather wouldn't take part in competitions and street races. She's more focused on fixing up cars and joyriding either by herself or with someone else. (: I'm really excited about this RP!

-xSRx

tehcraz

Are you still looking for players, perhaps! I am quite interested!

Photo

@ tehcraz

there are two slots open right now. If we get an excess of player applications, I will be capping at twelve players, so , if you're the thirteenth perseon to get a CS done, i might still consider it, but that means some one has to get kicked out of the RP. I don't want to do that.

@ebpohmr
Pm coming.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

ebpohmr

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 18, 2013, 12:06:31 PM
Yeah, he sounds awesome. I love Han from Tokyo Drift xD MC, Jamie, isn't really a racer either. Or she rather wouldn't take part in competitions and street races. She's more focused on fixing up cars and joyriding either by herself or with someone else. (: I'm really excited about this RP!

-xSRx

I can see our character's will have a lot in common. Jason loves to visit the scrapyard, looking for potential restoration projects. He just enjoys breathing life back into these abused and abandoned cars, turning them back into the works of art they were built to be. He can get quite... passionate... on the subject. :p

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: ebpohmr on January 18, 2013, 01:04:39 PM
I can see our character's will have a lot in common. Jason loves to visit the scrapyard, looking for potential restoration projects. He just enjoys breathing life back into these abused and abandoned cars, turning them back into the works of art they were built to be. He can get quite... passionate... on the subject. :p

Yeah, I'm sure they'll get on like a house on fire! (:

Just letting everyone know that I've edited Jamie's profile ever so slightly. Just wanted to re-read it so I changed somethings things there.

-xSRx

tehcraz

I know you were looking into males, I just kinda prefer playing females? Don't shoot, please?

tehcraz

Character Name: Lisa Yamata

Character build: 5'6", 146 pounds Athletic build, Female, Asian-American (Half Japanese)

Affiliation: Driver/Mechanic. Worked in her fathers dealership ever since she was a child and learned through an apprenticeship. As a driver, Lisa normally races quarter mile drag strips but she has began to take an interest in drift racing. She doesn't have much in the way of funds, should her car become totaled, so she tends to drive a bit on the conservative side. 

Automotive Preference (The car): Asian import cars. Easy to fix, lots of aftermarket parts, looks nice when fully kitted out. She has nothing against American cars, but seems to not like most European cars.

Brief History:  Lisa's father has owned a, decently successful, multi-brand dealership ever since she can remember. As both parents worked, Lisa would leave school and go to her fathers dealership to do her homework. Of course, being a kid, she found homework boring and the sound of engines and tools to be more exciting. She spent more and more time in the mechanic pit, watching cars. She built an impromptu apprenticeship with the other mechanics, and was doing simple repairs for the shop by the age of fourteen. By the time she could drive, she was able to pull apart an engine block and put it back together, mostly. By the time she graduated high school, all she ever wanted to do was work on cars. She ended up with a job working for her father, selling him on the fact that she would learn the business from the inside and out and, one day, would take over the dealership. With the money she saved, she made her first purchase, a black Acura Integra. One of the mechanics from the shop introduced her to a quarter mile strip of road and  a local crew of racers. From then on, it was an addiction. After years and thousands of dollars into her car, she ended up trading up to a Mazda RX-7 FD. The rest is history.

Appearance: She dresses conservative for the most part, clothes she is not afraid to get dirty in. It is not uncommon for her to have grime or grease stains on her skin. Her left arm has a sprawling tattoo from her left arm, spiraling around and up  along her back, a giant dragon who's head finishes upon her back, flames flaring off of the dragon's body. The tattoo is elaborately shaded, looking like it took some time and was expensive. The outline for a second dragon, on her right arm, is set, but no where near finished.

Personality: Lisa is a hard worker. The kind who does her research and does not finish until the job is done. Because of this, she can be very intense and is prone to outbursts over long periods of failures or frustrations. While she does race, winning is not that important to her. It's the community and the ride that she enjoys, though the money is nice. She is fiercely loyal to friends and is more than willing to sit in a cell than to snitch her friends out to the police. This also means that, should someone threaten someone close to her, she will grab a socket wrench and remind them why it's a bad idea to shoot their mouth off. By and large, she is nice to be around, if not a bit boring at times.

Other: Sexually, she is bisexual with a bit of a male preference. She does not seek out sexual encounters, but does not mind if a few end up coming her way.

Photo

oooooooo

Is that a efinni rx-7!?

oh, you're in the game tehcraz. :) your PC makes me want to make a PC.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

tehcraz

Awesome! I look forward to it!

And yes, the Type R specifically! Hopefully, Lisa will save up enough to purchase a 20B engine.  >:) That might be a bit overkill though.

Photo

god yes, the Rx-7 is a powerful machine. The FC and FD models were top of the line, never been replicated.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

tehcraz

Personally, I am more of a Skyline fan. The R34 is my dream machine but we already have one of those. But the FD is a thing of beauty and rotary engines have a serious place in my heart.