[SR3] Cream of the Crop

Started by Hunter, September 10, 2010, 07:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 14, 2010, 06:38:27 PM
So noted.  I would still like to know, though.  Mainly because the guns in the corebook and in the Cannon Companion are incredibly heavy (6 pounds for a handgun?  Sister, please!), whereas Raygun's designs are about spot on in terms of weight (his MP5 weighs a little over 2 kg, which the actual one does as well).

6 pounds is a bit over 2kg.  :P   And as memory serves, 1 nuyen = 4-5 UCAS dollars.

ReijiTabibito

Right.  But I'm talking about a handgun.  I've got books of handguns at home, that I've looked over for years, and unless we're talking about a hand cannon that shoots .454, .500, or bigger calibers (referred to as hunting handguns), no handgun I can think of off the top of my head weighs that much.  Most of the 9mm ones I remember weigh somewhere around 1 kg.

And I found the page that talks about the cost of guns in nuyen vs. UCAS dollars.  Raygun notes that, while the prices are listed in nuyen, he constructed them with the price as UCAS dollars in mind.

OTOH, you are the GM here.  So if you want to say that Raygun's prices are in nuyen, and that I have to pay whatever cost the guns are when converted to UCAS dollars, I'd be willing to go along with that.

EDIT: Just noticed...the guns on Griffin's website are listed in nuyen.  So are we gonna have to pay a boosted amount for those, too?

Hunter

No because normal shadowrun protocol works with nuyen, not dollars.

ReijiTabibito

So, if we're buying with nuyen, then you could just use the prices on Raygun's website.  They are listed as nuyen, after all.  And the whole conversion to UCAS dollars is completely optional.

Hunter

My ruling: there's enough canon firearms that you don't need something like raygun's site.

ReijiTabibito

Mm.  Shame.  Ah well, if there's enough canon firearms, I guess I can just stick to those, and not need to look beyond the books for any other firearms.

Quick question: We are allowed to do post-buy customizations to our firearms as per the Cannon Companion, pages 79-84?

Hunter

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 15, 2010, 02:05:22 PM
Mm.  Shame.  Ah well, if there's enough canon firearms, I guess I can just stick to those, and not need to look beyond the books for any other firearms.

Quick question: We are allowed to do post-buy customizations to our firearms as per the Cannon Companion, pages 79-84?

Yup.  Just please list them.

ReijiTabibito

Not a problem.

EDIT:  Something I noted, in case I want to buy a computer (What?  Mages can't use tech? :P).  Under costs in the corebook, it typically lists (Memory Cost)*X, where X is some multiplier (5, 20, 100).  But the only entry I can find for price of Memory is at the bottom of page 298, under the Cyberware Headware table.  Do we use that, then, and just ignore Essence cost, since we're putting it in a computer instead of our brain?

avorae

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 15, 2010, 02:10:19 PM
Not a problem.

EDIT:  Something I noted, in case I want to buy a computer (What?  Mages can't use tech? :P).  Under costs in the corebook, it typically lists (Memory Cost)*X, where X is some multiplier (5, 20, 100).  But the only entry I can find for price of Memory is at the bottom of page 298, under the Cyberware Headware table.  Do we use that, then, and just ignore Essence cost, since we're putting it in a computer instead of our brain?

I found the computer memory. It is listed under the computers list after the printer. The cost is 20 nuyen per mp
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

ReijiTabibito

Indeed.  *slaps head*  Can't believe I missed that...

Hunter

I have one character submission, remember that I need at least 4 approved characters to start.

ReijiTabibito

So, he's good, right?  No major problems or screw-ups?

Hunter

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 16, 2010, 07:26:28 PM
So, he's good, right?  No major problems or screw-ups?

Haven't gone over him yet.  I'll get to it soon enough.

avorae

Quote from: Hunter on September 16, 2010, 07:25:52 PM
I have one character submission, remember that I need at least 4 approved characters to start.

I am almost finished just need to go over a few last details and will have it sent to you.

avorae

Hey I have a question. I am wanting to get some enhancements for my character (mainly vision and hearing). The problem is getting any kind of cyber or Bio enhancements screws with my magic abilities so I was wondering if there is anyway to have the cyber implants in like a pair of smart glasses/ ear-bud combo?

Maybe I am just missing it but I can't seem to find anything about it.

ReijiTabibito

For vision, there are goggles that you can buy that provide vision magnification, and you can buy options, such as Low-light and Thermographic, for them, as well.  These are on page 290.

For hearing, if you're going the magic route, get the Detection Spell Clairaudience.  Though, you might be better off getting it as a Spell Formula, since it only costs Force*100 nuyen for the formula.

...wait.  What?

Magic?  We've got two magic characters?

EDIT:  There's also the Laser and Shotgun Microphones, on page 292, for hearing stuff.

avorae

I am actually playing an adept so spells are out of the question.

The goggles sound about what i am looking for seeing as i can double the price to have them made into shades but the mics are out cause I was looking for something less obvious.

ReijiTabibito

Oh.  >_<

If you're looking for better vision and hearing, go for Enhanced Perception and Improved Sense, then.

Or have you already spent all 6 PP?

avorae

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 17, 2010, 05:20:12 PM
Oh.  >_<

If you're looking for better vision and hearing, go for Enhanced Perception and Improved Sense, then.

Or have you already spent all 6 PP?

Spent already..

ReijiTabibito

>_<

Then your best options are to acquire Goggles and a handful of options, along with Shotgun and/or Laser Mics to enhance your perception abilities.

Hopefully when you get some Initiation, you can take those.

CirclMastr

I'm working on a wired gunner (no magic, I promise!) and I was wondering if I could use the customized SINs and lifestyles in Sprawl Survival Guide.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Hunter

Quote from: CirclMastr on September 18, 2010, 12:37:41 AM
I'm working on a wired gunner (no magic, I promise!) and I was wondering if I could use the customized SINs and lifestyles in Sprawl Survival Guide.

Sure.  Why not?   ;D

avorae

Quote from: CirclMastr on September 18, 2010, 12:37:41 AM

Quote from: Hunter on September 18, 2010, 04:08:12 AM
Sure.  Why not?   ;D

Good I am glad we can use them as I totaly forgot to ask about those before sending my character in.

ReijiTabibito

Wait.  What?  Customized SINs?  Where in the Sprawl Guide is that?  I found the advanced lifestyle...but no dice on the other.

avorae

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 18, 2010, 08:26:32 AM
Wait.  What?  Customized SINs?  Where in the Sprawl Guide is that?  I found the advanced lifestyle...but no dice on the other.

The SIN merits and flaws start on page 126