Gundam 0422 (Checking Interest)

Started by Vyxenne, September 23, 2016, 07:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyxenne

QuoteI'm not exactly sure to be honest with you. I'll have to think on it some more.

No Worries.  :)

QuoteHawke Sisters?

Lunamaria and Meyrin.

Mac84

Ah, I see. Yes they would make a deployment much more comfortable. :P

Vyxenne

Oookay, so I just binge watched all of Macross Frontier in 5 days (the series... will probably devour the movie after I finish this post). ~LOL~

And I can't help but to think maybe a game set in the Macross Universe would work better than UC/Gundam.  There's such a larger canvass to paint on... a Fleet with full cities, countrysides, planets to explore, alien races, etc.  I figure this thread is all about exploration and interest checking, so why not explore a change in setting?

So my question for those of you following and still interested is, would a switch to Macross affect your interest?  I'm guessing some of you are here because you love Gundam, others are here because you love anime mecha space operas, while others are just down for whatever.  Those who are not familair with Macross (the first series in the franchise was adapted into Robotech in the States... you may be more familiar with that), I'll write up an intro post with all you would need to know; provided it looks like we're making the switch.  The TL;DR version would be "Top Gun in Outer Space with starfighters that transform into giant robots and weaponized music -- which is way more awesome than it sounds."  ~LOL~

So, thoughts?  Cool with a switch?  Don't care either way?  Or not interested?  Please let me know.  Thanks!

Yukina

Sadly, I'm not that interested in a switch.

Sessha

Ehhh I'm not that sure on a switch myself. I was kind of liking the idea of the inclusive Gundamverse so to speak myself. I will think more on it. However if you are interested in Macross go take a look at the latest series Delta that just finished up like a week or so ago. Also Mac and I have been running a Macross game over on the Light Solo thread for...oh god...four years now...um...yeah...
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Mac84

Quote from: Vyxenne on October 07, 2016, 03:33:35 PM
Oookay, so I just binge watched all of Macross Frontier in 5 days (the series... will probably devour the movie after I finish this post). ~LOL~

And I can't help but to think maybe a game set in the Macross Universe would work better than UC/Gundam.  There's such a larger canvass to paint on... a Fleet with full cities, countrysides, planets to explore, alien races, etc.  I figure this thread is all about exploration and interest checking, so why not explore a change in setting?

So my question for those of you following and still interested is, would a switch to Macross affect your interest?  I'm guessing some of you are here because you love Gundam, others are here because you love anime mecha space operas, while others are just down for whatever.  Those who are not familair with Macross (the first series in the franchise was adapted into Robotech in the States... you may be more familiar with that), I'll write up an intro post with all you would need to know; provided it looks like we're making the switch.  The TL;DR version would be "Top Gun in Outer Space with starfighters that transform into giant robots and weaponized music -- which is way more awesome than it sounds."  ~LOL~

So, thoughts?  Cool with a switch?  Don't care either way?  Or not interested?  Please let me know.  Thanks!

Quickly Runs and dusts off his VB-06 Koenig Monster, Daisy Mae,and scrambles into the cockpit.

Hehe, did someone say "Macross"?  >:)

Meltrandis FOR THE WIN!

But seriously, I can go either way! Though if you need help with a Colony setting for a Macross Game, You're more than welcome to use Macross Providence, or Horizon. Two Colony fleets I've written out.

Quote from: Sessha on October 08, 2016, 01:12:56 PM
Ehhh I'm not that sure on a switch myself. I was kind of liking the idea of the inclusive Gundamverse so to speak myself. I will think more on it. However if you are interested in Macross go take a look at the latest series Delta that just finished up like a week or so ago. Also Mac and I have been running a Macross game over on the Light Solo thread for...oh god...four years now...um...yeah...

It will be Four years Nov. 5

Vyxenne

Okay... so far the score is:

No: 1
Maybe: 1
Either: 2
No Comment/Undecided/No Longer Interested: 3-4?

So let's move forward with the original Gundam plan.  I've never done this before (well, not here at least), but it looks like I need to set up an IC thread, an OOC thread and a Character Repository thread.  I'll get those made (tomorrow or Wednesday depending on work load).  I'll also post a template character sheet of sorts in this thread.

We'll discuss characters here, then once they're set/approved we'll move them to the Repository and start playing.

The story will kick off aboard the Earth Federation assault carrier starship Marcenas, a 5th Century update of the tried-and-true Pegasus design from the One Year War; a central core/command vessel between a pair of Mobile Suit catapults.  I'll be taking the role of the ship's captain for the time being to use for plot points, but that still leaves MS pilots, ship officers, crew, and I'm sure we could find some way to work in some civilians (they do have a habit of finding themselves aboard military ships in Gundam  :P ).  If Sessha wants to play someone from ZAFT, we'll have to find a way to make that work.

That One Dingus

Popping in real quick to say that, due to getting into several RPs in the past few weeks, I've already got my hands full and won't have time to add this game to my list.

Have fun, regardless!
Ons & Offs

Absences and Apologies (Updated for June 2018)

Mac84

I originally thought about making Him a distant descendant of Manava Zabi, but thought better of it.

WIP Character

Name: Jeremiah Jackson (AKA: JJ)

Sex:M

Appearance: (Will include Picture when suitable picture is found) JJ stands at 6'3" tall, and has a slight tan. He is a bit heavy set. Has a thick beard trimmed to regulation, and short trimmed hair. Has a Tattoo of the Principality of Zeon Emblem on his left Shoulder blade.

Personality: Jeremiah is respectful, and diligent. He works hard, and tries to help others. While he is proud of his Zeon Heritage, he doesn't brag about it as there are still some bad blood tied to the Zeons, and he had to fight his way out of more than one Bar because of it. As well as get harsh treatment from biased Base/ship Commanders

Background: Jeremiah is the descendant of a Zeon Mobile Suit Pilot of the same name. Jeremiah Jackson was a Warrant Officer under the command of Captain Ramba Ral during the Zeon's occupation of Earth, and pursued the Trojan Horse across the desert until Captain Ral, and his Lover and Adjutant Hamon were killed. From there, Jeremiah was transferred to Odessa where he took part in the last great battle of Earth. Fighting in his venerable ZakuII J-type until the bitter last before being evac-ed into space. From there, Jeremiah was assigned an older model Zaku II F-Type while many of the newer recruits were given the newer, high maneuverability "R" models. In space, Jeremiah was assigned to the Squadron led by Shin Matsunaga whom answered directly to Dozle Zabi, Commander of Solomon. Jeremiah would be captured by the Federation, and spend the rest of the One Year War as a POW in a Federation Prison. There he found out that the rumors of the Federation's Brutality against Prisoners of war were far cry from the reality. Jeremiah would end up having his arm removed to prevent him from ever piloting a mobile suit again. While Jeremiah never stood out among the millions that fought on either side of the OYW, He was still proud of his achievements, and honored to serve under some of the Zeon's best commanders.

JJ looks back to his ancestor's military service with pride, and while he understands that the Zeon Leadership was corrupt, he knew that the common Soldier on the ground fought for the ideals that the Principality of Zeon were built upon. Independence from a Corrupt Federation Government that saw the Colonists as nothing more than second class citizens, and treated them as such. JJ also acknowledges that while Many of the Zeon's Upper echelon Leadership were in it for their own power. People like Dozle, and Garma Zabi were innocent of their Family's evil machinations. Both having demonstrated a belief in their people's desire for freedom. Yet, they simply were caught up in the winds of fate, and the curse of their family's name. Kycilia Zabi, while a cold hearted bitch, was still very loyal to her father Degwin. 

JJ would graduate a Military Preparatory School, and enlist in the service. Working to be a Mobile Suit pilot, and is presently assigned to the Marcenas

Yukina

Unfortunately, due to my current post load, I will have to withdraw.

Vyxenne

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting me know!

And seeing as we're now down to Mac, Sessha and me, I think it's probably best to put this on hold, and I can follow-up with them over PM to see how and if we want to proceed.

Thanks everyone!

Mac84

Quote from: Vyxenne on October 11, 2016, 03:58:15 PM
Sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting me know!

And seeing as we're now down to Mac, Sessha and me, I think it's probably best to put this on hold, and I can follow-up with them over PM to see how and if we want to proceed.

Thanks everyone!

I'm sorry to see that this is being put on hold, but I suspect it is for the best since several players have backed out.

Sessha

Well I'm gonna bump this to see if more people show some interest.

Ralhend

I could do with a Gundam Style Robot RPG

I saw talk in earlier posts about Robotech and Rifts , so its safe to assume we are using a Palladium ~ type system?
Not my fave system but i know it well enough.

Im not up on M and M. Ill need to look at your links.

(On systems , I am familiar with MektonZ and GURPS, which also work great for mechs.  The only bad thing is charater / mech creation takes forever and a day due to the math. Once all that is done though its fairly straightforward.)
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Sessha

I'm not exactly sure how that is going to happen personally myself. It was something that was discussed on how to make combat a bit more fair.

Vyxenne

Hi Everyone,

If I move forward with running this, I think it'll likely either be no RPG rules system (with the caveat that people post what their character intends to happen and leaves it to me to resolve... to avoid the "Char gets instantly killed the first time he meets the PCs" scenario) or Palladium.  That's a deeply flawed and unpopular system, I know, but it moves very fast on a forum.  I'm playing a M&M game on another RPG community right now and combat is so very, very slow I think it may be a liability.  Great fun in person and around a table, but lousy on a message board.

Going with Palladium would also make me consider the switch to Macross again as the fan community has already written RPG stats for all of the mecha through Macross Delta.  Whereas I would have to create stats for Gundam Mobile Suits and other mechanics.

Ralhend

Understood and im okay with freeform.  I am not a huge fan of Palladium.  Its basically a proto D20 system with percentage based skill checks.

Are we going super robot with this or real robot ? Im fine with either.  I just need my mecha fix. (If i remember right gundams are defined as real robots , since they expend fuel and energy , ordinance and ammo , and do not self repair.

However the definitions get blurred for me in terms of performance.  IE for example I have spent a lot of time with battletech , where the mechs are clunky and slow compared to an equivalent weight gundam.  Gundams tend to be agile and fast from what i have seen in the anime , whipping around like ninjas and such.

I geuss we could call this "semi real " robot ?

Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Mac84

Wait so...is this back on or something?

Vyxenne

I told Sessha I'd consider it.  Or at least consider a smaller scale version for just a few people since the first Interest Check was a little lukewarm.