Quoting in PMs

Started by Kurzyk, October 13, 2009, 01:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurzyk

Having difficulty when quoting in a reply. Ill start typing a response under the quote then when the text window space runs out, the line starts jumping up and down making it difficult to see whats being typed.

When I extend the window it goes away. But is this a setting I'm missing? In order to type longer responses I need to keep extending the window.

Thanks

Trieste

You don't happen to use IE8, do you? :)

Haibane

Yeah, Kurzyk, this is a known feature of IE8, certainly on Elliquiy and apparently on some other forums too though I only experienced it on E. AFAIK your only options are to go back to IE7 or use another browser. There is an 'IE7' compatibility button on IE8 but I had mixed success with it; it fixed some issues but not this particular one of the text and/or cursor sliding about in the post reply window.

Kurzyk

Ahh I do use IE8! That would explain that. Ill poke around with it and see if theres a compatibility. Might just go back to IE7.

Thanks guys  :-)

Caeli

Or, you know... you could use Chrome and Firefox. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Vekseid

There is work on getting this fixed in the next default theme, which is shaping up to look pretty slick >_>

Kurzyk

Avi

Yeah, Kurz, look into Firefox or Chrome.  IE has more holes than Swiss cheese when it comes to virus protection, and it is just slow compared to the other browsers.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Haibane

Quote from: Vekseid on October 13, 2009, 05:25:34 PM
There is work on getting this fixed in the next default theme, which is shaping up to look pretty slick >_>
Please forgive my ignorance but do you mean the next theme for Elliquiy? Or for IE8?

Will

I'm terribly skeptical of the idea that he means any version of IE is "shaping up to look pretty slick." XD
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Trieste

I believe he means SMF, which is the software the forums run on.