Questions about roleplays

Started by Starlequin, January 04, 2010, 09:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starlequin

Now that I'm approved <does a happy Snoopy dance> and can partake in some of the more exotic delicacies that E has to offer, I've got a couple questions about roleplays and what would be considered proper etiquette, if folk will be kind enough to indulge me.

1. Is it considered acceptable for different players to start, run, or participate in new games that others have already played/are already playing?

2. Are there any "proper" courses of action to take in the event of an abandoned game? Can it be revived with new players, and if so, does it go in a new thread, or simply pick up from the end?

...@#%$, I was sure I had other questions, but unfortunately I'm under the wicked, wicked spell of cold medicine and my thought processes are on par with a drunk lemur. Oh well, I'll come back with more later. Or not. :)

(PS, 'm sorry if these questions have already been answered in other posts. I did look around a bit to try and find them, but as some folk have pointed out, "E's a pretty big place". I dun wanna get losted!)
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Kazyth

*waves*  Congratz on the approval, Starlequin.

Let me see if I can't help out here a bit.  Considering the wide scope of games and ideas used her one Elliquiy since it started, it'd be hard to find an idea or setting that hadn't been used at least once.  If you see an idea that's already being used, and you are worried about stepping on toes, send the founder (usually the one who started the game/thread) a PM asking them if it's ok for you to use their ideas.  Most will be flattered.  If you want to join a thread that is already going, the same applies.  Send a PM to the founder, asking if he/she has room for another player and accept the answer given.

In the case of an abandoned game, it is generally considered better to start a new thread, especially if you are grabbing new players for the game.  Many threads are bookmarked, and reviving an old thread will put that game into the people who'd originally started it's Unread Replies To Your Posts.

Hopefully that helped!
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Starlequin

<bows deeply, only wobblin' a lil bit> Many thanks, Kazyth, many thanks!

Like I said, I was pretty sure I had some more questions, but these are the two bigguns floatin' in me head for now. And I'd say they've been handled quite eloquen...eloquee...elloquenn...quite nicely!
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.