The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Inkidu, January 11, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

Quote from: Braioch on November 22, 2011, 02:04:00 PM
I like Shadowmere actually, he's been a great help in many a surprise fight before. Apparently people find the black, red eyed horse more of a threat than the Fire and Lightning wielding slightly (Read:Majorly) homicidal Dark Elf with pointy objects. Distracted opponents are the best opponents >:)

Yeah, see, me? I like to fight my own battles. Shadowmere not only "helps," he actively seeks out opponents, completely tanks them, and is INVINCIBLE. I'm not a fan of having all challenge sucked out of the game.

Go away, Shadowmere. :|

Just means I'll never be doing the DB questline on any other characters, I guess.

Sidenote: started branching out into the potential of mods. Athletic Nude Women was just what the doctor ordered for my naked conjured bow ninja character (finally, a reason to play in third-person for a while!), and I picked up another couple of mods on that site that 1) turn the Archmage's Robes into Nocturnal's smexy gown on females and 2) turn Dragonscale armor into Nightingale armor so that I can make my own set of Nightingale to enchant how I like rather than use the Thieves' Guild version with enchants I don't want on it. Mmm, delicious mods.

Of course, the ANW mod has the unfortunate side effect of once again making me wish games like this had a debauchery feature for enabling humanoid (and possibly some non-humanoid) enemies to have, shall we say, alternative animations for "killing" the player character. Particularly after I lost three bare-knuckle brawls in a row to an orc chieftain in one of the friendly orc outposts. >.> Oh brain, why you so dirty.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Inkidu

I think Skyrim's a fine game and for once mods are just adding flavor instead of fixing. And no, I'm not just saying that because I have the 360 version. I played Oblivion for five of the six years before Skyrim without even knowing mods existed for it. :P

Needs to go play more Skyrim.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Shjade

Man. I couldn't get naked orc fistfight follow-up idea out of my head. Had to go put it in writing to stop fixating on it. XD
◕/◕'s

Cold Heritage

Until they get the tools to do nipples better I'm gonna hold off on nudie mods.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Shjade

Since I'm mostly seeing my character from behind, that doesn't bother me so much. ;p

To be honest, it's not even that I wanted to be like NUDITY OOO, I just don't like the default bikini underwear look. I'm not sure why, but to me, it seems more "right" having my gal run around in the buff doing her wild mountain raiding stuff than having her wear these little bits for her intimates. It's not like they really offer any protection, combat-wise or from the elements, and the result just comes off feeling sorta...silly. Much prefer the baser look, even if it is unreasonable to be stark naked in the midst of a blizzard on a snowy mountain. ;p
◕/◕'s

Cold Heritage

I just think the nude textures look pretty awful right now. *shrugs*

Shjade

Yeah, they're not great. But das okay for me, 'cause I'm not looking for high-quality nudes while playing Skyrim. xD Maybe RP in Second Life has given me a degree of indifference toward such things.
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

Trolls aren't as scary as people make them out to be.  I mean, yeah, they hit HARD, but they swing their arms so slow, it's easy (even in plate) to jump in, swing once (with a slow weapon), get out.

Giants still scare my Nord.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Nadir

You come across a Wispmother yet, Chris? >:)

Samael

Falmer. Are. Freaky.
Deadras aren't as weird as these guys.
I love em.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Chris Brady

Quote from: Eden on November 23, 2011, 04:16:32 AM
Nope, too busy looking for Dragons to kill.  And finishing off the Dragon Shouts.  I want the second and third Word for Frost and Fire, durnit.

And I wish Giants would stop slamming me into the ground so hard I fly UP into orbit.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Hemingway

Quote from: Chris Brady on November 23, 2011, 04:53:21 AM
Nope, too busy looking for Dragons to kill.  And finishing off the Dragon Shouts.  I want the second and third Word for Frost and Fire, durnit.

Yeah, I wouldn't go looking too hard.

Shjade

Quote from: Eden on November 23, 2011, 04:16:32 AM

Wispmothers are just ice mages that can hover. No big deal. Unless you're a pure melee character, I guess. That could be awkward.
◕/◕'s

mannik

For all you power levelers and remorseless cheaters, I just found a way to get infinite skill ups thanks to a Daedric book and a glitch. Which means you'll be able to get all your skills to one hundred in a matter of minutes...or simply level skills you don't use just to get extra perk points`.

here are the steps:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

1)Get the Oghma Infinium, but don't read it (Rewarded at the end of a quest line given at Septimus Signus's Outpost north of windhelm...also part of the main quest)

2)Get a house with a book case, such as Breezehome with the alchemist lab improvement.

3)Open the bookcase

4)Read the Oghma Infinium and select the skill set you want to level up (warrior, thief, wizard)

5)Close the book, but NOT the book case menu and then store the book in the book case

6)Close the menu and pickup the book again, select do not read.

Repeat steps 3-6 until you are happy with your character skills.

Hemingway

I'm trying to finish the main story, but ... eh, it's just not working. I don't want to rush through ( at 40 hours played on one character, I guess it's not really rushing, but still ... ), but it just doesn't captivate me. I just feel like the main story could've been so much better. It's better than Oblivion, for sure, but it's not great by any means.

Cold Heritage

I agree. The climax to the main story was, imo, really neat, but it could've been better. Some spoilers follow.

I mean, going to Sovngarde, crossing the whalebone bridge into the Hall of Valor, meeting all of the heroes of Nord history! I got to meet Ysgrammor himself! That's pretty epic. It could have been so much more. Also, it would've been nice for Kodlak to acknowledge me a bit more - he acknowledge me as Harbringer, but he didn't really say much about me cleansing his soul. Fighting Tsun to prove my worthiness to enter the Hall of Valor didn't really feel super epic. Tsun looked cool, though.

I think the game suffers from being as sandboxy as it is.

I also wish Michael Hogan didn't sound so absolutely fucking bored. Makes me wish they had done Ulfric better; it just feels more right to take orders from Vladimir Kulich in this game of Vikings vs. Dragons.

Hemingway

It has some neat twists, but I think you nailed it: the sandbox style detracts from the story. I guess I forgive this game, because the sandbox gameplay is exceptionally well done ( I wouldn't have spent 40 hours on one character otherwise, y'know? ).

I love Ulfric. I don't know why, but I couldn't listen to him all night long ...

... *cough.*

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on November 23, 2011, 05:13:50 PM
I'm trying to finish the main story, but ... eh, it's just not working. I don't want to rush through ( at 40 hours played on one character, I guess it's not really rushing, but still ... ), but it just doesn't captivate me. I just feel like the main story could've been so much better. It's better than Oblivion, for sure, but it's not great by any means.
I thought it was pretty cool, and I rushed it. You know how hard it is to beat Tsun when you're a sneaky character?

Not hard at all if you have the shroud of Nocturnal power or an invisibility potion that lasts about a minute
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Braioch

Quote from: Cold Heritage on November 22, 2011, 08:37:00 PM
Until they get the tools to do nipples better I'm gonna hold off on nudie mods.

You know you're on Elliquiy when....
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Cold Heritage

Hey man, don't judge me for demanding high quality HD nipples. Don't judge me!!!

(that's all meant tongue in cheek, just in case)

So I managed to become Thane of Winterhelm. I got Blood on the Ice to trigger, did that, fucked up the Stormcloaks, got the house . . . and there's this fucko named Calder in it. I was like ":\" when I saw him. I went up and talked to him, and he is like "it is an honour to serve you, my thane."

There is no adequate mfw to fully encapsulate my rage. I went through all of that, started a whole new game hoping things wouldn't be bugged out . . . to get a male housecarl? :|

Modders best be making mods so that every housecarl is a woman. I wants me a battle waifu in every city, man. Whiterun is the shining ideal of battle waifudom - I have three of them there. Even if everyone hates Lydia, I still love her.

Braioch

I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Shjade

Quote from: Cold Heritage on November 23, 2011, 10:54:22 PM
So I managed to become Thane of Winterhelm. I got Blood on the Ice to trigger, did that, fucked up the Stormcloaks, got the house . . . and there's this fucko named Calder in it. I was like ":\" when I saw him. I went up and talked to him, and he is like "it is an honour to serve you, my thane."

There is no adequate mfw to fully encapsulate my rage. I went through all of that, started a whole new game hoping things wouldn't be bugged out . . . to get a male housecarl? :|

Modders best be making mods so that every housecarl is a woman. I wants me a battle waifu in every city, man. Whiterun is the shining ideal of battle waifudom - I have three of them there. Even if everyone hates Lydia, I still love her.

'Cause it's totally fair to the ladies (and gentlemen of appropriate taste) to not have any muscular eye-candy out of NINE holds, right? Pfft. Just have your wife move to your Winterhelm house, tada, you now have a lady in every port.

How do you have three in Whiterun anyway? Lydia, Wife, and...?
◕/◕'s

Cold Heritage

Aela the Huntress and Uthgerd the Unbroken.

I'm not concerned about fairness, I'm concerned about having a harem of ass-kicking nord women who are sworn to carry my burdens.  >:(

Wajin

What I need in Skyrim is an army of mods that makes me able to create cute elves.... also.... I want to play as a child at some point :)
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Samael

Quote from: Cold Heritage on November 23, 2011, 05:54:41 PM
I agree. The climax to the main story was, imo, really neat, but it could've been better. Some spoilers follow.

I think the game suffers from being as sandboxy as it is.

Considering I've spent about 95% of my time so far doing everything -but- the main story, I disagree, but, like always, different tastes and all.
I didn't know there was a male housecarl. I just bought the house in solitude (jesus, 25k gold...), but I guess I'll need to save up for this house now as well. Ah well, I plan to have a house in each city eventually anyway.

Oh, and Iona (or whatever her name, you get her in the house in the thieves city) >>> Lydia.
I got her in full Ebony armor, and she rocks house.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"