The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Inkidu, January 11, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsenta

A horker gave me a scare too.  "Oh that's a funny looking rock, maybe it's an ore vein!"   "OOOOORF"    "THE HELL!? It's a Horcer!"

No what's really fun is gathering a group of 4 - 5 of them along the coast, aim, then use a fully charged unrelenting force shout. Watch them fly, crash into the water, and take like half a health bar of damage. >D
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Braioch

Funny story about my less than moral character...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I was on Hermaeus Mora's quest for the different kinds of blood and was having a bitch of a time a times differentiating between the different kinds of elves at times. Especially when it came to a Falmar as I forgot that those were the damn ugly shits in the caves and such. I thought it was the other name for a Breton, forgetting that those are considered in the human category. So my friend is laughing her ass off as I go town to town, going up to people with a torch saying "let me see your ears!" Desperately trying to find pointy ears so that I may slay and then take the blood of, so it turned into a massive fuckarow where all of the Holds now hate me and I owe thousands of gold in bounty for all the murders, including those of several dozen town guards because I refused to go to jail and pay the bounty. Then I remembered what the Falmar are and am now playing a Spellsword that is hated Skyrim wide....and my new battle cry is apparently "let me see your EARS!"
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Nadir

Cold Heritage

I lost my daedric two-handed sword because a draugr deathlord disarm shouted me and the sword went skittering away and I couldn't find it. :(
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Nadir

An elder dragon just flew into the mage's college and got utterly owned. o_o

Slywyn

Quote from: Cold Heritage on November 29, 2011, 10:24:21 AM
I lost my daedric two-handed sword because a draugr deathlord disarm shouted me and the sword went skittering away and I couldn't find it. :(

If that ever happens to me I'll cry. I have two Daedric swords enchanted and a daedric bow.

Daedra hearts aren't so hard to come by if you travel a lot. I have a ton saved up. Just in case.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

manlocksol

Quote from: Eden on November 29, 2011, 11:06:08 AM
An elder dragon just flew into the mage's college and got utterly owned. o_o

That happened to me a couple of days ago. i laughed as i was on the top of the ArchMage building at the time.

Skyrims great fun, a little repetitive, and the UI is ... less than ideal, but its times like that which are worth playing for :)
Why rush to the goal when you can have more fun on the field?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Spectfade on November 29, 2011, 11:15:55 AM
If that ever happens to me I'll cry. I have two Daedric swords enchanted and a daedric bow.

Daedra hearts aren't so hard to come by if you travel a lot. I have a ton saved up. Just in case.

I nearly lost my daedric bow that way... bastard did that but I found it and cheered.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Samael

Just completed the main story. Decided to just sit down and get it done, since I actually liked it this time.
It was very fun, and the last part is nice and breath taking looking. The skies, man, the skies!

Endfight was a bit disappointing though...

Now time to get all the other quests done, and actually get better armor/weapons than Ebony level.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Shjade

Started collecting Thane titles in all the holds. Bit tedious, but what can I say, I want the housecarl collection. ;p

Also, holy hell the Solitude home is big. And there are so many jerks in that city. I don't regret leaning toward the Stormcloaks.

@Samael: Ebony weapons are pretty close to top of the line. Daedric swords and bow are better than Ebony, but Ebony war axes and maces have the same damage as Daedric ones while weighing slightly less.

Seriously, if you don't care about what type of 1h weapon you're using (I didn't check 2h weapons), grab some ebony war axes/maces and save yourself a couple of daedra hearts on crafting.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Samael

I'm a sneaky bow user.
So I imagine the daedra bow is a bit better than the ebony bow I have right now.
I also want to get a light Dragon Armor, because I saved all the bones and such up till now.

I should actually start to level my daggers. Never actually used them to kill anyone.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Shjade

I think the light armor mostly just uses scales. Bone's more for the heavy plate version.
◕/◕'s

Inkidu

Quote from: Spectfade on November 29, 2011, 12:33:55 AM
Running through the woods, come across a Troll. Okay, whatev's, start charging up my bow to shoot it.

Let the arrow go, hear a roar. "Oh, cool a dragon."

Turn around, get a face full of saber cat, and a couple wolves. They're fighting each other, but w/e. Start taking them out.

Ancient Dragon lands in front of me.

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"
It's actually very acceptable to run away screaming like a little girl. I have done it on several occasions. I've also done ethereal paradrops. (Run to a cliff use the become ethereal shout and jump. Just prey it lasts long enough for you to hit the ground.)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

I've run into few things (humaniod) that handle me sneaking up on them and shooting them with my conjured bow. I come in.. <thpp, thpp, thpp, thpp> sneak back a ways..they look around confused. I return and do it again. They fall over dead.. I check my black chrystals to see what sort of soul I got.

Shjade

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 30, 2011, 06:00:43 PM
I've run into few things (humaniod) that handle me sneaking up on them and shooting them with my conjured bow. I come in.. <thpp, thpp, thpp, thpp> sneak back a ways..they look around confused. I return and do it again. They fall over dead.. I check my black chrystals to see what sort of soul I got.

Black crystals can only hold grand souls, so that's all you'll ever get in them. Grand or nothing.
◕/◕'s

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on November 30, 2011, 06:06:25 PM
Black crystals can only hold grand souls, so that's all you'll ever get in them. Grand or nothing.

i have fun.. I'd heard fearful things about some sort of mist critter.. first time I saw one it was like.. <thpp> Oh.. that is a bad thing to fight. <thppp> Doesn't like the 80-something x3 sneak attack damage

Slywyn

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 30, 2011, 06:12:32 PM
i have fun.. I'd heard fearful things about some sort of mist critter.. first time I saw one it was like.. <thpp> Oh.. that is a bad thing to fight. <thppp> Doesn't like the 80-something x3 sneak attack damage

What about 174x3 Sneak attack bow damage? >> I twoshot an elder dragon earlier.

Oneshot a normal dragon. Took off, flew, turned, crashed, dead.

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Spectfade on November 30, 2011, 07:02:08 PM
What about 174x3 Sneak attack bow damage? >> I twoshot an elder dragon earlier.

Oneshot a normal dragon. Took off, flew, turned, crashed, dead.

How do you get that high? I found conjured bow being the highest damage bow I've seen YET. I would love to hear how that high is done.

Slywyn

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 30, 2011, 07:35:22 PM
How do you get that high? I found conjured bow being the highest damage bow I've seen YET. I would love to hear how that high is done.

Daedric bow, daedric smithing, + smithing ring/amulet/wrists, smithing potion. And that was when I only had like 91 smithing. It's 100 now, so idk how high I could get it.

Xanatos

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Smithing

Towards the bottom mentions exploits for creating powerful armor/weapons. It involves drinking fortify smithing and or enchanting, then using enchantments to boost Smithing, and so forth.

Chris Brady

I want to be High King, dammit.  >.<
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Anjasa

Quote from: Shjade on November 30, 2011, 06:06:25 PM

I've gotten other souls in them :(

Shjade

The only time I've gotten less than grand souls in black gems was when I sorta broke the blackened Azura's star via console shenanigans. They're supposed to only work for holding human/daedric/etc. souls, which are all grand, but it's possible the game will bug out and dump smaller souls into your black gems when it shouldn't. This is Bethesda we're talking about, after all.

Sidenote, I just finished my fully tricked out legendary/double-enchanted Ebony set (because screw Daedric) which I have dubbed the Shadowguard set for my new paladin character: 2-hand weapons, heavy armor, restoration, smithing, enchanting, and only as much archery as is required for shooting down dragons, pretty much. Unfortunately patch 1.2 has sorta fucked this character over against mages: being a heavily armored, short-range character makes her fodder for magic damage as long as resistances aren't working. And yes, they are screwed up: I was getting one-shot by an arch necromancer's frost spell when I'm a Nord (50% frost resist) wearing two magic resistance items (44% resistance to all magic).

Dis not cool. :|
◕/◕'s

Slywyn

They said that there should be an incremental patch within a week to fix that kind of thing.

And the dragons flying backward.

Cold Heritage

I'm honestly surprised the game has worked as well for me as it has. Apart from the occasionally kick to desktop and Blood on the Ice refusing to start for my first playthrough character, it's worked very well.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.