News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

I like the concept...well, that's a very simplified statement of my point of view on the gold income changes, but I'll let it sit for the moment. What really worries me, though, is...

QuoteAs a side effect of these changes, we're also taking a close look at core supports: Janna, Sona, Nami, Soraka, Lulu, Taric, etc. Champions designed specifically as supports have historically been balanced to have negligible income so, if left alone with all that gold, they'll either become overtuned mages or be replaced completely by non-support champions who can outscale them in damage once they hit the midgame.

Let's face it, Riot's never been good at subtle tuning when it comes to balance changes. There's going to be some crazy shit going on for the first few weeks (months) after they make this shift.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

apygoos

leaked Preseason Changes

(Still in testing and subject to change!)

Minions & Monsters

Minions now spawn at 1:00, changed from 1:30.
Monster camps spawn at 1:30, changed from 2:05

Baron

Baron buff remade: now grants a large % of bonus damage to towers and out-of-combat movement speed boost. No longer grants health regeneration and bonus AD/AP

Towers

Outer towers (possibly all towers) now grant 250 gold to the killer and 75 to all other allies

Snowballing

First blood within the first 4 minutes now grants 240 gold, reduced from 400

Roles

New jungle item gives significantly increased gold income for killing monsters
Mid laner will gain some increased damage from the revised Masteries. but he’ll also need to roam more, as there’ll be more objectives to secure
The support on bot lane has a much larger potential to carry if the lane is won

SinXAzgard21

Wow massive Baron change and that tower gold is going to cause fights in game. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

The Golden Touch

Almost all of these changes sound like more of a detriment to the game.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: The Golden Touch on October 28, 2013, 05:27:28 PM
Almost all of these changes sound like more of a detriment to the game.

How so?  Jungle and Support have needed a great change for a long time.  The changes with Baron are going to help either end games faster or that lucky ace will secure the weaker team can get a few towers if not an inhibitor down.

The Golden Touch

apygoos

they want to hard stop snowballing. that's what I get from the changes. the last hit on towers is a good way also to pass off gold to someone who needs it more than others [if you can help it that is]. we also though need to see new rune and mastery changes, perhaps that will give us more context.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on October 28, 2013, 07:00:19 PM
they want to hard stop snowballing. that's what I get from the changes. the last hit on towers is a good way also to pass off gold to someone who needs it more than others [if you can help it that is]. we also though need to see new rune and mastery changes, perhaps that will give us more context.

I'm glad they are trying to stop it, champions that get a two or three kill lead and wreck for the rest of the game are broken as fuck.

The Golden Touch

"You don't understand... If you don't switch me, we'll lose. 'Cause he's my main."

Uh huh... I hate ARAM sometimes.

Shjade

"Your main in a normal game has very little bearing in ARAM. They're different maps and different circumstances."

*dude dodges*

Welp, guess he showed you!
◕/◕'s

Shjade

So having just completed an All For One game in League, in which all 5 players on a team play the same champion - in this case 5x Blitz vs 5x Riven, I feel confident in pronouncing this as the dumbest thing in the game so far.

Fun!

But very, very dumb.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

It needs to be on Howling Abyss this whole SR shit is annoying as fuck.

Shjade

Oh, I played it on Howling Abyss. It was a custom.

It's still dumb there.
◕/◕'s

The Golden Touch

I don't always backdoor in League of Legends... But when I do, its with Teemo. Got to play him for the 1st time and won the game for my team with a backdoor. Hmm... That was just not right. I fully expected the bitching afterward.

apygoos

Quote from: Shjade on November 23, 2013, 12:44:58 AM
So having just completed an All For One game in League, in which all 5 players on a team play the same champion - in this case 5x Blitz vs 5x Riven, I feel confident in pronouncing this as the dumbest thing in the game so far.

Fun!

But very, very dumb.
wait a second.
were you in that game? because i was in a blitz v riven game last night. i was the blitz that was managed the best >.> chain pulling people into towers and the fountain lol

Shjade

Well, the Riven team won decisively, only losing one turret. Blitz team had one riot/cop Blitz, 2 definitely not Blitz and two regular Blitz.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Did a game where I was on a Nasus team vs Trollcrank... Needless to say the got wrecked hard.

Shjade

Thing about an all-Blitz team though: even if they're losing, you KNOW they're having more fun than the non-Blitzcrank team. It's just too goofy.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Can't play One for all anymore... To many afker and feeders if they don't get their pick.  Ruining it for everyone.  Good job LoL community, most toxic of all gaming.

apygoos

Quote from: Shjade on November 23, 2013, 10:27:31 PM
Thing about an all-Blitz team though: even if they're losing, you KNOW they're having more fun than the non-Blitzcrank team. It's just too goofy.
i guess it was a different occurance of the same game.

Gavlois

Quote from: Shjade on November 23, 2013, 10:27:31 PM

This is true. I was on the Blitz team. Building full AP is so strong. Your hook damage is so high that it isn't even funny.

Same with Singed.
O/O

Shjade

For the record, 5x Ziggs starts out funny, but gets boring after a few minutes of raining explosive death on your likely helpless opponents.

...but you can knock your teammates around with W. :3
◕/◕'s

Gavlois

We played 5 Threshes against 5 Ziggs. We won too hard. Early game is strong, but stack MR and you win.
O/O

Shjade

Quote from: Gavlois on November 24, 2013, 09:26:33 PM
We played 5 Threshes against 5 Ziggs. We won too hard. Early game is strong, but stack MR and you win.

Mine was 5 Ziggs vs 5 Ezreal. One of them thought the same thing. Except all-MR Ezreal doesn't actually do damage, so we'd nuke the rest of his team and then I'd finish the tanky one (since he tended to kill the other Ziggs that were less proficient at skillshot-dueling).

Thresh has the advantage of stackable hard CC, which I think is usually the most important thing in that mode. Non-CC champs are just clearly handicapped compared to champs that have it when they can just all chain together. That said...Thresh doesn't really do damage. 5 Ziggs should be able to just push that and win before too much MR is even in the picture. In theory, at least.
◕/◕'s

The Golden Touch

I don't always have things in common with people at work... But when I do, its with the ATs.

Found out today that a bunch, and I mean a bunch, of guys at work play League. Good for me I suppose! Giving them my LoL name? Maybe not so good...