Interest - Attack on Titan

Started by TheSithChicken, June 14, 2016, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glyph

I'd be interested in playing this. The rules seem interesting.

wander

I'd guess Rookies until the first mission is completed, which isn't too bad if throwing us in the deep end.

I think the option for second characters should be used. I'd be happy to play two different characters, long as the bio/background for characters is short and simple. Having a GMPC could also help, possibly.

TheSithChicken

Characters always start as Rookies and I would not be opposed to second characters but I will not be employing GMPCs. And to be fair I won't be expecting super long bios for anyone in this game due to potential turnover on characters. Though I'm toying around with the concept of having the players add some to the bio each time you survive a mission.

Another question is what section should this go in?

wander

I'd say Extreme, just down to Titans doing what they do... It also affords more detail in the writing without fear of going overboard.

I'd like to know what you'd like from someone applying into the game now, personally. I have a character statblock posted above, though not completely sold on it... I would like to level someone up to play a Leader though.

TheSithChicken

Extreme was more or less my thought as well.

I'm not sure how much I really need for applications since so few have expressed interest and the somewhat fleeting nature of characters in the setting. To be fair I am not sure there is really enough interest for me to put time and effort into running this. Which is surprising to me. Attack on Titan is one of the most popular animes in the world. One with a setting well suited to have a strong game with loss and grief and heroism.

AndyZ

Ayato

Agility +0 Execution +1 Awareness +1 Discipline -1 Rage +2

To Ayato, ridding the world of monsters may not be a completely attainable goal, but no other existence is worth living.  He sees the world with an us vs. them mentality, so the only real way to get on his bad side is sympathy for any of the wretched beasts he's dedicated his life to destroying.  Although very willing to follow orders, he can be a little rash and impatient.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

wander

My character Felix is further up the thread in page 1, though I'm happy to play in this as a small group. I'm not sure what Andy may think but if we allowed two characters each then it could be a nice fun game for a bit of escapism. You'd have a party of four then, at the very least.

I think the issue for lack of interest as always is it being a system game, though I would not be interested in this if it was freeform. I actually only clicked the title of the thread originally on a whim as I thought this might have been a freeform game... I like action/combat to have a system for fairness and to get rid of god-modding.

I may check and see about pointing this game out to some people.

TheSithChicken

I'm more than willing to allow two characters - or even just go with one character a piece and give a group Advantage called "Rest of the Squad".

This kind of game has to have a system really. It gives an element of chance that just doesn't exist in purely freeform. Creates tension and twists that players might not otherwise experience. The system is the Sword of Damocles hanging over the characters heads - giving their lives and struggles a very real threat. God-moding would kill the themes of this game.

If you know some people who might be interested feel free to pimp the idea out.

Nintentoast

Inininininin!

Attack on Titan is love. Attack on Titan is Life.
"Plans are useless, however, planning is invaluable" -Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Lets see if I can put studying off for another day" -Me

mcmuffinfluffin

I am still interested, I can go into further detail with my character if you like. Was waiting to see if you made an app or something, just in case.

TheSithChicken

Well... I guess I'll get to work setting the game up tonight or maybe tomorrow. I'll definitely get what little in the way of an app I need up tonight.

wander

And just like many a battle, cavalry arrives to save the day! ^__^

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

TheSithChicken

Updated the first post with what shall laughingly pass as my application process.

wander

I run and play Dungeon World, I've played Monsterhearts and I'm pretty cool with the rules for other Powered by the Apocalypse games. I'm fully caught up on the Attack on Titan manga and I've seen the anime. I also am reading the Before the Fall manga, which I'm enjoying quite well. I want to eventually check out No Regrets, though I know what happened after skimming the volumes at my bookstore...  ::)
Oh and Sasha is BAE... I'm gonna be gutted if she's ever killed. :/

Three things that bring me in are actual use of the Titan World system in combat, a variety of Titans to fight (different abilities) and I'd prefer stories and scenes that grip my heart, give me the feelz and teeter between despair and awesome hope spots. I'm not a fan of intrigue and could do without stories of human corruption and the military police business. The Anti-Personnel Gear is cool, but fuck Kenny...  ::)

TheSithChicken

First post updated with link to Official Game Chat and Game thread.

mcmuffinfluffin

So here is my application...

-I have very recently finished the anime Attack on Titan and that is the full extent of my knowledge on the setting. Haven't read the manga or any other material if it exists. And I don't have familiarity on World rpgs, but I do have familiarity with dice systems for RPGs if that matters.

-I'd like to see the development of relationships both in and out of the field, seeing the difference of relationships built upon the idea of brothers-in-arms compared to those built behind the safety of the walls. At first I am keen on seeing quick adaption of characters when the RP first starts, something I liked in the show was the fact that the majority of recruits didn't seem like they ever had intentions or even considered the idea of facing against actual Titans. And finally if my character survives I would really like to see how he and the others change with experience in the fight versus Titans.

TheSithChicken

McMuffin & Wander are both definitely good to go. Tomorrow in the Game Chat I will talk about how the game is going to proceed.

TheSithChicken

TheSithChicken

The game has just gotten underway. If anyone is interested stop on by or feel free to ask any questions here. Either way I'll see it.

akirakaneda

Uhmm, I'm interested in this, I love the anime and the manga of SNK, may I still apply with a character?

TheSithChicken

DartimusRae

TheSithChicken

DartimusRae