Revival: Time After Time [Extreme, Light Fantasy, Dash of Sci-Fi]

Started by Ceralilly, July 17, 2016, 11:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceralilly

Quote from: Lindrea on July 21, 2016, 04:03:20 PM
Ah, okay.  So round up, but the last power chosen isn't quite mastered!  Gotcha. ^.^

Perfect!
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Rafiki23

Quote from: Lindrea on July 21, 2016, 04:03:20 PM
Ah, okay.  So round up, but the last power chosen isn't quite mastered!  Gotcha. ^.^

Yes! If you have any further questions we will be on here all night to answer them in here or in PM!

I Know the Dark Delight of Being Strange, the Penalty of Difference in the Crowd, the Loneliness of Wisdom Among Fools

Lindrea

I like to ask my questions here, cuz I'm sure there are others that might be thinking the same thing as me. :)

Rafiki23

Quote from: Lindrea on July 21, 2016, 04:16:53 PM
I like to ask my questions here, cuz I'm sure there are others that might be thinking the same thing as me. :)

That is a great idea, and I am sure it is appreciated by others!

I Know the Dark Delight of Being Strange, the Penalty of Difference in the Crowd, the Loneliness of Wisdom Among Fools

Untamed Skies

So another Colonist question, but in the description of the Colonists and their overall role in the game, it says they are after discovering the source of magic and integrating themselves into the world as it is. Does that mean the Colonists have the ability to learn magic?

If that's the case, would it take two years? Or would they be capable of learning minor tricks quickly assuming the right conditions are met? Or is it more likely I'm just reading too much into it? :p

Also how long have the Colonists been around for at the start of the game?

Ceralilly

Quote from: Untamed Skies on July 21, 2016, 06:25:40 PM
So another Colonist question, but in the description of the Colonists and their overall role in the game, it says they are after discovering the source of magic and integrating themselves into the world as it is. Does that mean the Colonists have the ability to learn magic?

If that's the case, would it take two years? Or would they be capable of learning minor tricks quickly assuming the right conditions are met? Or is it more likely I'm just reading too much into it? :p

Also how long have the Colonists been around for at the start of the game?

The start of the game will be signaled most likely at touch down.
The colonists DO have the ability to learn magic, but would need to write in game how the received their artifact and their training etc. The focus would be their integration and adaptation into either societies..some by force...some by choice...some by sheer luck. If the colonists found a family or an Artificer to train them...which wouldn't be hard...they would be allowed to take one element and one power and struggle to learn. It is hard as is..from a perspective of a population that has wielded magic for centuries...let alone a person from another world ...but because they have an Earthen Heritage...they have the propensity indeed. 😁

I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Untamed Skies

Ceralilly

Quote from: Untamed Skies on July 21, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
Okay cool, I'll take that into consideration thank you

You are so welcome! Thank you for joining us, and I love questions because it helps me think of ways to better explain this to everyone.

Relikai

Now here's to hoping that there'll be little work in the afternoon so I could use the PC to create a char sheet while ya'll Westerners go ZZzzzzZZZZzzzzz xD

Lindrea

Quote from: Relikai on July 21, 2016, 06:59:00 PM
Now here's to hoping that there'll be little work in the afternoon so I could use the PC to create a char sheet while ya'll Westerners go ZZzzzzZZZZzzzzz xD

Psh!  Sleep?  That's for people who have LIVES! :O  *sleeps a lot* >.>

Ceralilly

I'll just...put these right here.... Skips off to write characters

Make sure to delete parenthesized items as you go. ^_^

PLEASE PM CHARACTER SHEETS; DO NOT POST HERE.

Ostarian
[center][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=28pt][u]Ostarian[/u][/size][/font][/center]
[right][img height=250 padding=13]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/4/44/-Insert_image_here-.svg.png[/img][/right]

[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Character Age:[/b] (16-35)
[b]Month/Day Born:[/b]

[b]Physical Description:[/b] (Height and weight [Must include the metric and Imperial measurements as we have many diverse players.]  Tattoos, Distinguishing Characteristics, Scars, Birthmarks, Eye Color, Piercings, Hair Color)

[center][img height=150]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/4/44/-Insert_image_here-.svg.png[/img][img height=150]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/4/44/-Insert_image_here-.svg.png[/img][img height=150]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/4/44/-Insert_image_here-.svg.png[/img][/center]

[center][size=18pt][i]Magic[/i][/size][/center]

[b]Will They Be Pursuing Magic?:[/b]
[i]If so, what Element and Power?:[/i] (Max one)

[center][size=18pt][i]In Deep[/i][/size][/center]

[b]Personality:[/b] (Three positive, Three negative, Three neutral)
{Protagonist, Antagonist, Neutral? We reserve to put a cap on Antagonists if they begin to overpopulated the Artificers. Balance is important.}

[b]Habits or Mannerisms:[/b] (What are their rituals, do they bite their lip? Think about body language and particular stances they take.)
[b]Occupation or Position:[/b] (Heads of house, Head officials, Big Bosses or High-up Government Representatives are not playable characters- Basically ALL SECRET PLOTS and Authoritative positions are to be discussed and cleared with ALL GMs.  Since this game is plot driven, we will start the game play with everyone on the same level, with GMs taking the roles of large plot drivers and leaders until the writers are further established and show they are in it for the long haul, so to speak.)

[center][size=18pt][i]History[/i][/size]

At least 250 words HERE. [/center]

[b]Favorite Color:[/b]
[i]Likes: [/i](At least five)
[i]Dislikes:[/i] (At least five)
[i]Fears, Triggers: [/i](At least 1, no one is without fear)
[i]Goals: [/i](What drives your character?)
[center][size=18pt][i]Extras[/i][/size][/center]

[i][b]CONNECTIONS:[/b][/i]
[i]Family Member(s):[/i] (Feel free to add as you go!)
[i]Love Interest(s):[/i] (Feel free to add as you go!)
[i]If they are pursuing magic...Mentor?:[/i]
[i]Other connections:[/i] (Slaves, friends, enemies...Feel free to add as you go!) [Connections MAY be waived if you want to make a tracker. Either, or both are perfectly fine.]

[b]Sexuality: [/b] (If you wish to define orientation.)
[b]Sexual On's and Offs:[/b]  (Yours)

[b]Player Name:[/b]
[b]Face Claim:[/b]

Song Expression: (You may link directly from YouTube)
Extra Notes: (Stuff you missed elsewhere but think is important about the character or what led to to creating parts of a character.)
Therianth[center][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=28pt][u]Therianth[/u][/size][/font][/center]
[right][img height=250 padding=13]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/4/44/-Insert_image_here-.svg.png[/img][/right]

[b]Physical Description:[/b] (Height and Weight [Must include the metric and Imperial measurements as we have many diverse players.],Tattoos, Distinguishing Characteristics, Scars, Birthmarks, Eye Color, Piercings, Hair Color)

[center][img height=150]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/4/44/-Insert_image_here-.svg.png[/img][img height=150]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/4/44/-Insert_image_here-.svg.png[/img][img height=150]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/4/44/-Insert_image_here-.svg.png[/img][/center]

[center][size=18pt][i]The Animal Inside and Out[/i][/size][/center]

[b]Panther or Wolf?:[/b]
[b]Description of Animal Form:[/b] (Must be true to REAL LIFE FORM)
[b]Physical Carryover:[/b] (Two attributes that represent their animalistic inclinations that are carried over in human form. I.e. Enhanced smell, sight, night vision, size, increased strength, speed... etc.)

{Protagonist, Antagonist, Neutral? We reserve to put a cap on Antagonists if they begin to overpopulated the Artificers. Balance is important.}

[b]Habits or Mannerisms:[/b] (What are their rituals, do they bite their lip? Think about body language and particular stances they take.)
[b]Occupation or Position:[/b] (How long, where, what is it, what level are they. Note that no one is superior to those created by GM’s as fail safes. Alpha Roles will be written by GMs due to the fact that we cannot have a writer leave and have to replace [i]these[/i] roles. Basically ALL SECRET PLOTS and Authoritative positions are to be discussed and cleared with ALL GMs.  Since this game is plot driven, we will start the game play with everyone on the same level, with GMs taking the roles of large plot drivers and leaders until the writers are further established and show they are in it for the long haul, so to speak.)

At least 250 words. [/center]

[i]Other connections:[/i] (Slaves, friends, enemies...Feel free to add as you go!) [Connections MAY be waived if you want to make a tracker. Either, or both are perfectly fine.]

Extra Notes: (Stuff you missed elsewhere but think is important about the character or what led to to creating parts of a character.)

Artificer[center][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=28pt][u]Artificer[/u][/size][/font][/center]

[b]Physical Description:[/b] (Height and Weight [Must include the metric and Imperial measurements as we have many diverse players.], Tattoos, Distinguishing Characteristics, Scars, Birthmarks, Eye Color, Piercings, Hair Color)

[center][size=18pt][i]Magic[/i][/size][/center]

[b]How old were they when they began training?:[/b]  (youngest 10)
[b]What is(are) their element(s) of focus?:[/b] (MAX 3 out of 4- Earth, Fire, Air, Water. Note that being proficient in ONE element is a sign of prestige. Using the total 3 elements would be show they needed to use them as opposed to it being a luxury. The more elements you chose the less proficient your character is.
[b]Artifact(s): [/b](Description of Artifact and how they are carried or mounted.)
[b]Powers Chosen:[/b] (See list in Magical information. One power may be learned every two years of training. They must be evenly dispersed. Please see chart in the same area for example. For questions please contact GMs.)

[b]Occupation or Position:[/b] (Heads of house, Head officials, Big Bosses or High-up Government Representatives are not playable characters- Basically ALL SECRET PLOTS and Authoritative positions are to be discussed and cleared with ALL GMs.  Since this game is plot driven, we will start the game play with everyone on the same level, with GMs taking the roles of large plot drivers and leaders until the writers are further established and show they are in it for the long haul, so to speak.)

At least 250 words. [/center]

Lindrea

Relikai

Ceralilly

Quote from: Lindrea on July 21, 2016, 08:55:35 PM
Missed a few things on that center tag at the top. :)

Darn brackets. Thanks so much!

Quote from: Relikai on July 21, 2016, 08:59:35 PM
Do we post here, or PM to yall ?

Please PM all character sheets to us. That helps us go over them and make sure they fit the game.
<3

Lindrea

Rafiki23

Quote from: Lindrea on July 21, 2016, 11:36:46 PM
What's a tracker and how to you make one? :O

Well, a tracker is a beautiful piece of coding that will allow you and other players to see what your characters are up to. It will have pictures of your characters as well as a place to put your characters connections and a list of scenes or connections you would be interested in for that character. At the bottom of your tracker will be your scenes, there will be 4 sections, each with a purpose. A sections for Owed scenes, a section for Pending scenes, one for completed scenes and one for scenes you are craving.

You can code one yourself, or you can have one of the GM's help you code it, it's definitely recommended that you have one. But in the meantime, if you can't get your hands on some fanciness, then you can just list your scenes Owed and Finished and that will be just fine until you get a nicer one up and running!

Relikai

Ceralilly

Quote from: Relikai on July 22, 2016, 12:07:42 AM
*Achievement Unlocked*
Done with my App!

+10 Stealth!!!

We will get back to you within 24 hours. ^_^

Thank you!!!

Lindrea

I'd love to get a tracker made! :)  Once I have a character built. xD

Working on it and will have it sent in tomorrow probably.

Relikai

Perhaps I'll get a second char up if time allows. Is it alright if not all Colonists know each other? Would like to have a 'social barrier' between the cliques of my chars if it's possible.

Rafiki23

Quote from: Relikai on July 22, 2016, 12:24:08 AM
Perhaps I'll get a second char up if time allows. Is it alright if not all Colonists know each other? Would like to have a 'social barrier' between the cliques of my chars if it's possible.

I don't see why not, it was a big enough ship to attempt to at the least pave the way for the repopulation of the planet. It would stand to reason, with that many people, that everyone didn't know everyone.

Rafiki23

Quote from: Lindrea on July 22, 2016, 12:17:49 AM
I'd love to get a tracker made! :)  Once I have a character built. xD

Working on it and will have it sent in tomorrow probably.

No problem, and take your time there is no rush! It is in discussions, but perhaps when we get the tracker thread up, we may include one or two trackers that can be for general use. That way you and the rest of our players aren't as daunted by the task of make one themselves.

Rafiki23

Goood Morning Team!!! I hope everyone is having a good Friday morning(ish)!

As everyone should know we are now accepting CSs! We look forward to receiving them and looking them over, also getting up an OOC! So if you have any other questions let us know and send those Sheets in as quick as you can! Yay!!!

Sunshine

There will also be some more helpful Therianth info added soon to help with your building!!

Ceralilly

Quote from: Sunshine on July 22, 2016, 10:37:35 AM
There will also be some more helpful Therianth info added soon to help with your building!!

Posted in the character sheet thread between Artificers Guidlines and character building guidelines. <_<