One Piece Interest Check.

Started by Wolfy, August 19, 2014, 06:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Fame, Riches, Power, Adventure...these are the things that draw people to the seas. One Piece has been found by Monkey D. Luffy, but it was an ideal, a name for a achieving a dream. With his dream realized, Luffy kept the seas relatively safe, being on par with one of the four emperors in power. However, everyone has a time to die, and Luffy met his end with a smile. A smile and the utterance that he to had left everything in the new World, the New One Piece for pirates to find if they so desired.

Twenty years after this even, the Military and Navy are on the rise in power again, stomping out pirate crews. However, the HellCat pirates have managed to stay two steps ahead of the navy at every turn, and are a group of rookies to keep an eye on in the growing age of Piracy. Headed by a Spitfire Captain, they sail for adventure and for the new One Piece. What kind of dangers will they find along the way? How has the world changed, and what priceless memories lie ahead? Only Time will tell....

So yeah, this is just an interest check to see if anyone would be....well, in for a One Piece RP. ^-^ if Enough people show interest, we can get a character sheet going. Obviously the focus will be on the Hellcat Pirates and their adventures.

Juggtacular

Wolfy

Mathim

What happened to everyone from the other One Piece interest thread?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Wolfy

Mathim

Did the person who created that one not come back? I would have thought someone with the gumption to create a thread about this would be an ideal recruit.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Wolfy

I'm not sure what happened to him. @-@ I was part of that thread a little...but I never got an answer regarding my question, and it doesn't seem to be active for the moment, so I thought I might as well try my hand at it.

Mathim

Quote from: Wolfy on August 19, 2014, 03:02:38 PM
I'm not sure what happened to him. @-@ I was part of that thread a little...but I never got an answer regarding my question, and it doesn't seem to be active for the moment, so I thought I might as well try my hand at it.

Aw, ball sacks. I hate when that happens.

Wolfy

Ish ok....mine will be here. ^-^ One Piece RP's are fun.

Wolfy

So...Three crew members is enough to start, really. xD Unless more people want to show interest.

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

Wolfy

Oh look, we have a fourth...now my Character is going to be female....I assume you'll all be male, or no?

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Wolfy on August 19, 2014, 09:08:42 PM
Oh look, we have a fourth...now my Character is going to be female....I assume you'll all be male, or no?

I have one character of each gender already made and other ideas that can be made into characters as needed.  So...Maybe?  Depends on what is played. 
Coming soon...

Juggtacular

I was planning on using my same character from last time. So a guy unless needed.

Batman4560

Wolfy

So..many...potential...guys.....xD

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Wolfy on August 19, 2014, 10:46:11 PM
So..many...potential...guys.....xD

Guys as in characters...?  'cause I can use my female (or one of them).  I'd have to work out some of the details with you for story though. 
Coming soon...

Wolfy

Our Pirate flag, gentlemen:

Though the Crossbones are white.

Juggtacular

Wolfy

Also, time for profiles!!!

Name:
Bio:
Devil Fruit/Abilities:

^-^

Name: Hitomi Tanaka
Position on Crew: Captain
Personality: Aloof and very energetic. She's quite the handful even when not in her cat form.
Bio: Born onto Drum Island, Hitomi quickly grew up adept at various Medical knowledges after finding notes from one Tony Tony Chopper, a member of the Straw Hat crew in the past. She slowly learned, though trial and error, how to crate medicine and even rumble balls, though hers are incomplete at best. Deciding to set sale for adventure and to hopefully find more notes from Tony Tony Chopper, Hitomi became the captain of the HellCat Pirates after consuming her devil fruit. Now they travel together in search for riches, and while she was originally in the Grand line, the time has come to go back to it.
Devil Fruit/Abilities:
Hitomi ate the Neko Neko No Mi: Model Hellcat.
This is a Mythic Zoan fruit that gives on the ability to turn into a Hellcat, a Mythical cat wreathed in flames that is able to manipulate and control not only normal fire, but also black hell-fire and cold flames that freeze instead of burn. Hitomi had become adept enough to only use the flames of her power while staying mostly human, but she can take on traits from the beast and go into her full beast form at will. Along with this, she has incomplete Rumble Balls to give her access to more forms, though these take a toll on her body.
Dislikes: Mean people, Anyone that hurts her crew, Dogs, Water.
Appearance:

Juggtacular

Juggtacular

Name: Arashi Kyojin
Crew Position: 1st Mate
Personality: Arashi is a calm natured individual, and always looks before he leaps. He tries not to make hasty or rash decisions, and tends to look at how things will turn out after the fact before he acts. He's also dedicated once he sets his mind to something.

Whether it's training, or helping his friends, or completing a mission. He's not the type to leave things unfinished, and he is not the type to shy away from a fight. He wouldn't fight just to fight, but if he does get into a scrap, he'll give it his all no doubts about it. He's a flirt when it comes to the ladies, and somewhat shameless, but he likes to think his charm more than makes up for that.

Bio:  Born on Raijin Island, it was no surprise how Arashi Kyojin got his name(translates to Storm Giant). It was a rough place to grow up due to the constant storms, but that toughened him up even as a child. On top of that, he trained daily so one day he could leave and find his fortune on the sea. His parents didn't mind, as his father himself had retired after a long and successful career as a pirate.

He'd been a somewhat big name on the sea for decades, and his last haul was enough for him to retire with his wife and start the family they'd always wanted. At first Koro didn't want to train his son, but Arashi persisted and begged and went off to train on his own until finally his father agreed to train him.

He trained him hard, so hard that at times he came to hate his father. But he knew it was what he'd asked for, and there was no doubt he was getting stronger, so he persevered. From about the age of four, up to fourteen. He trained nonstop as hard as he could, as often as he could. Fourteen wasn't the age he stopped though, fourteen was simply the age where he began to train for something else. A few weeks after his birthday, a sack washed up on the island in a little known cove where Arashi went to meditate and train.

In it was a bag of gold and jewels, a map, and a strange fruit that looked like a gigantic peach, but deep blue and covered in swirls. He put the treasure and map aside for a moment. He'd been training for 8 hours straight and was starving. So he took a big bite of the fruit. It tasted horrible, and he nearly gagged before he forced it down.

As bad as it tasted, at this point food was food, and he'd definitely had worse. He finished it off and went home for the day, showing his parents what he'd found.  Nobody expected anything different after he found his treasure, but over the next few weeks, strange things began to happen, culminating in Arashi unwittingly saving himself from serious injury. A sudden storm came bearing down on the island while he was training, and he was struck by lightning. However he wasn't hurt; scared absolutely, but unharmed. He also noticed the electricity dancing on his skin.

His father saw this, and instantly knew Arashi had eaten a Devil Fruit. Koro hadn't eaten one himself, but he'd sailed with people who had, so he knew the signs, and he knew how to train him. For another four years, Arashi trained even harder than before so he could not only master his new powers, but to grow stronger with his natural abilities as well.

When he turned 17, he was allowed to leave home and venture out on his own. Of course his parents were worried; who wouldn't be? But with 17 years of nonstop training in the New World, and the powers of a Devil Fruit, they knew Arashi would do great things and could take care of himself. Shortly after putting himself out there, he was picked up by a no-name, ragtag group of pirates who had a lot of heart, but no power. He changed that and soon they were a force to be reckoned with. However he's grown bored with them riding his coat-tails and expecting him to do everything. And he feels his presence has made things worse since now they're all lazy good for nothings.

Devil Fruit/Abilities: Tenkō Tenkō no Mi -
The Tenkō Tenkō no Mi allows it's eater to become a storm/weather human. As such, Arashi can manipulate all the elements that embody a storm. Lightning, winds, clouds, rain, etc...

Likes: Aggressive women, beautiful women, flirting, public sex, voyeurism, foreplay, oral, anal, meat, alcohol, herbal remedies
Dislikes: Scat, watersports, blood, bullies, the world government, the navy
Appearance:

Green Goo Theory

Hey, you want male or female characters?  I know you mention it but i wasn't exactly sure how to read your responses to people's posted interest.  Want more of an even mix or what? 
Coming soon...

Wolfy

Green Goo Theory

I wanted to try something different here.  I can always submit another character if this is an issue.  Though, I did there to be the internal moral struggle that Jemma would be facing; especially now being with a pirates first hand instead of having second-hand info from the biased Marines.   

Name: Jemma Aggi 

Crew Position: Quartermaster

Personality:  Jemma is steadfast and in her determination to achieving her goals.  She's self righteous and views the decisions guided by her personal moral compass as the appropriate choice. 

Bio: Jemma was born on solid ground in Shandia, Skypeia.  The land filled with tales of the Strawhat crew, Enel's tyrranical rule, and the fighting that almost destroyed the entire nation.  She grew up with stars in her eyes and the drive to descend from the White-White sea into the blue and see the world as the Strawhats did. 

Fancying herself a pirate she set out on a hodge-podge vessel and descended.  Though she was skilled at navigating her own home with just a simple glance skyward she was completely at a loss once she reached the edge of the world she knew.  White in every direction and her adventure was beginning.  It was all down hill from here.

Shifting weather patterns, poor navigation, and her stubborn attitude drove her past the point of no return.  The vessel shot over the edge of the clouds and into the storm.  The poor rig couldn't withstand these forces when normally built for little more than soft clouds.  The young girl hit the deck and closed her eyes and hoped that it would soon end.

Awakening she found a land in ruins.  Not just the remains of her ship but a town razed.  Whole buildings torn down and bodies strewn about.  The marines providing aid.  She had come to find out that pirates had attacked during the storm to avoid detection.  She learned of the Marine's mission to protect the people and deliver justice; the lie they told themselves and the rest of the world.  It was then her entire world was shattered.  No longer believing in the stories of the Strawhats, no way home, and no place of her own she joined the marines.

Interest was taken in her drive and dedication.  A small team was being formed with a new mission.  Conventional forces used for hunting down Pirate crews and taking them on in direct combat rarely worked.  Bounty hunters likewise had issues; though given their ability to blend in had a great deal of success.  So, in an attempt to gather information on the location and movement of pirate crews all around the World Government decided to deploy marines under cover to try to infiltrate the pirate crews. 

The hellcats are her first mission. 

Devil Fruit/Abilities:  Jemma has no devil fruit ability but has refined herself into a living weapon.  With training from the marines she's succeeded in merging Rokushiki with fencing.  She's been known to make use of explosives and firearms as well as her rapier, main gauche, and fists. 

Dislikes: Rape, Pirates (in secret), Trying to cook (She burns water)

Coming soon...