X-Men Re-imagined - It's back! Still accepting (especially students!)

Started by Orange Marmalade, January 27, 2015, 12:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

la dame en noir

@Orange Marmalade: I don't want to finish my profile until I hear word from you that its good so far. Let me know.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

la dame en noir

Quote from: King Serperior on February 05, 2015, 10:48:03 PM
Haha, true, true!  Voodoo is one of those powers that is hard to gauge between overpowered and underpowered. 

Also, thanks!  :3

Well I certainly hope I get to play with your character soon! :3 I'm sure there will be some similarities.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Uebelator

Really looking forward to playing with you all.
This game hasnt started yet, right?

Black Howling

Quote from: Uebelator on February 06, 2015, 05:26:24 AM
Really looking forward to playing with you all.
This game hasnt started yet, right?

X-Men Re-Imagined is actually a big group game, Uebelator. The board can be found Here. This means a total of 1,000 posts would have had to be made before it was ever given it's own board. We're however just coming back from a long pause, and it's nearly like an entirely fresh start with nothing but the simple timeline he has posted being necessary to jump in.

Zaer Darkwail

Not sure do I really got time for this RP but I got inspired to point I have to ask would it be okay superpower to be considered as a zombie? Not the plaque spreading kind but the revenant kind. Have sentience and all that but also able to eat flesh and brains (and added perk; when eating someone's brain he absorbs all their knowledge upon himself and is as if he had lived their life).

Uebelator

Quote from: Black Howling on February 06, 2015, 06:40:28 AM
X-Men Re-Imagined is actually a big group game, Uebelator. The board can be found Here. This means a total of 1,000 posts would have had to be made before it was ever given it's own board. We're however just coming back from a long pause, and it's nearly like an entirely fresh start with nothing but the simple timeline he has posted being necessary to jump in.

Yes, the fresh start thing was what made me think... Will this game continue there, or is it something completely new?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Uebelator on February 06, 2015, 07:10:11 AM
Yes, the fresh start thing was what made me think... Will this game continue there, or is it something completely new?

Looks like you found the board alright :) Welcome aboard!

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 06, 2015, 07:05:02 AM
Not sure do I really got time for this RP but I got inspired to point I have to ask would it be okay superpower to be considered as a zombie? Not the plaque spreading kind but the revenant kind. Have sentience and all that but also able to eat flesh and brains (and added perk; when eating someone's brain he absorbs all their knowledge upon himself and is as if he had lived their life).

I'm not sure a zombie type mutation would fit in well overall - this is primarily a school for young mutants, mostly still trying to learn to control their powers, etc. There's not really people to eat nor are murderers welcome :)

Juggtacular

http://marvel.wikia.com/Dead_Girl_%28Moonbeam%29_%28Earth-616%29 - This is a canon character named Dead Girl. She's essentially a zombie, and doesn't have much history so you could maybe tweak her around a bit(make her a him, change the backstory or whatevs) to sort of make her your character.

King Serperior

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 06, 2015, 07:05:02 AM
I believe there was a villain in the Spider Man universe that was Zombie-like.  He was called 'Digger.'  Though, I doubt that he's what you're looking for!  Digger had massive endurance and strength though.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

bubby

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Juggtacular on February 06, 2015, 12:13:55 PM
http://marvel.wikia.com/Dead_Girl_%28Moonbeam%29_%28Earth-616%29 - This is a canon character named Dead Girl. She's essentially a zombie, and doesn't have much history so you could maybe tweak her around a bit(make her a him, change the backstory or whatevs) to sort of make her your character.

Ah, did not know she existed! Well we can remove brain/flesh eating and use her template but make she to more he (and have different background). He haven't yet made zombies (or know he has necrokinesis), more he has immense physical durability and healing factor. Overall thought made him a member of a metal band (died because jealous band member wanted spotlight and he returned later as zombie for revenge and continue on his career).

Juggtacular

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 06, 2015, 02:07:12 PM
Ah, did not know she existed! Well we can remove brain/flesh eating and use her template but make she to more he (and have different background). He haven't yet made zombies (or know he has necrokinesis), more he has immense physical durability and healing factor. Overall thought made him a member of a metal band (died because jealous band member wanted spotlight and he returned later as zombie for revenge and continue on his career).

Boom. You just made "Dead Guy" or  "Dead Man" whatever you wanna call him, lol.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 06, 2015, 02:07:12 PM

A modified version of Dead Girl could definitely be possible :) - just remember to adjust the flavor for a bit more a Movie-verse feel. (Everyone is a mutant, no aliens, magic, etc)

Doomsday

Re Z L

A&A

Juggtacular

Deamonbane

Unfortunately, I have to be withdrawing my application from this game. Have fun, folks.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Re Z L

Finished the sheet!

Posted it farther down~
A&A

TheVillain

I did have an amusing thought. Let me know what you think.

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Dr. Neil Borman
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Radioactive Man AKA Fallout
Citizenship and other legal info: Dr. Borman is considered an American citizen, not to mention one of the best nuclear physicists in the country. Possibly in the world.
Place of Birth: Albany, New York
Occupation: Nuclear Physicist with Brookhaven National Laboratory
Education: PhD in Physics

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: About 170 lbs
Hair color: Red
Eye color: Blue
Ethnicity: Caucasian
General Appearance: Thin and a bit wiry, and can really use a shave. Possibly a bit of a surprise for how powerful a mutant he is. Then again, the sheer scope of his power is a recent surprise.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Heterosexual
Ons/Offs: Women, Oral, Dirty Talk
Goals: Getting control of his powers
Wealth Level: Good - Being an excellent nuclear physicist will do that.
Personality: Curious but on the shy side. Surprisingly sarcastic, but tends to keep it quiet. Frightened at the sudden shift in his power level.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: Dr. Borman is currently unemployed but would make an excellent Professor of Physics for the school.
Year: Dr. Borman has completed the PhD program in theoretical physics at MIT.
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: Currently unaffiliated.

STATS:
Fighting: 2 - Agility: 3 - Strength: 3 - Endurance: 7 - Reason: 6 - Intuition: 4 - Psyche: 3

POWERS:
NUCLEAR RADIATION ABSORPTION - Dr. Borman's original mutant power, a power so small and subtle that he even escaped mutant detection, let alone noticed that he was a mutant. Because really, how much nuclear radiation does one encounter in their every day lives?

Dr. Neil Borman's body is immune to the damage of atomic radiation. More then that, his body actually absorbs and processes it for energy. This actually helps explain his expertise with nuclear physics, because whether he knows it or not he actually has a heightened instinctual understanding of atomic physics from his own body's ability to utilize radiation for power whether to replace his need to eat, drink, or sleep.

The scope of this ability is unknown, but recently he absorbed all the atomic radiation from the coolant tank of a nuclear reactor, and instead of dying painfully his mutant power instead was super-charged. Now with enough atomic radiation he not only can use the energy to supplement his eating or drinking but his body can use the energy for his own bodily energy - giving him what is in effect near-infinite endurance as long as he can absorb atomic power for it. He does appear to still need sleep, but he suspects that he now only needs sleep on a psychological level.

NUCLEAR RADIATION EXPRESSION - The most frightening aspect of Dr. Borman's new powers, if he has enough nuclear radiation absorbed into his body a Cascade Event occurs and his body will become extremely radioactive. Exactly how radioactive he becomes depends on how much energy he has absorbed but he's currently releasing enough radiation to interfere with electronic equipment miles away, cause nearby combustibles to ignite, visibly glow under certain conditions, even cause some materials to evaporate or disintegrate just from proximity including most biological materials.

In the future he may can more control over this ability to not become a threat to himself or others, maybe even as much as to be able to express his stored nuclear radiation as controlled blasts of radioactive energy instead of a randomly spiking destructive aura.

ADVANTAGES:
LIGHT SLEEPER - Dr. Borman is pretty sure that his need to sleep is now entirely psychological instead of anything physical. His mind sleeps to stay sane, his body doesn't ever actually get tired.
MARATHON MAN - Dr. Borman doesn't look like much physically, but actually he could now easily complete marathons. He's not fast or strong, but his body doesn't generate fatigue poisons nor does he ever actually lose any energy.

DISADVANTAGES:
UNCONTROLLED - At present, Dr. Borman has little to no control over his powers. He absorbs all nuclear power he comes across and when he has enough of it his body gives off a highly destructive aura of extreme radioactivity. He can't turn any aspect of his powers on or off by his own will.
INSOMNIAC - Dr. Neil Borman's body produces biological energy from environmental energy from nuclear radiation. Physically, his need for sleep is non-existent but is still present psychologically. As a result he sleeps a lot less then he used too, which hasn't been good for his sanity.

SKILLS:
MAN OF SCIENCE - Dr. Neil Borman is high caliber Nuclear Physicist, considered at least Nobel-Prize caliber.
SURVIVALIST - From frequent camping trips both as a child and recreationally as an adult he has excellent survival skills in assorted environments both in natural and civilized settings.
RESOURCEFUL - Alex's ability to improvise and utilize nearby resources is surprisingly refined, too the point of often having a reputation as the lab "MacGuyver".

HISTORY:
Dr. Borman was born over 30 years ago and had no idea he was a mutant. Nobody did, not his parents or friends or family. He didn't even know, his power was subtle and small - something barely noticeable even if you know exactly what you are looking for. Certainly nothing anyone would of noticed on all those camping trips he made as a kid with his Boy Scout Troop or his family later. All he knew was that when he was a kid he was really good at math and science, but when he turned 16 his skills in those fields jumped forwards by leaps and bounds. His mastery of Nuclear Physics became so advanced that when he graduated from high school he got a full ride from MIT. He didn't know he had been absorbing any nuclear radiation he'd been in contact with, nobody did. He just knew that all-nighters in his lab in grad school didn't hurt as badly as they could of.

His PhD dissertation is considered revolutionary, his position at Brookhaven National Laboratory a shoe-in. He's even talked with Professor X once or twice at conferences, about possible links between nuclear radiation and biological mutation. The talks rarely got very far, but they were interesting none-the-less. He might of lived his whole life that way, without knowing about his powers, if he hadn't built his "Lifter". A "Lifter", also known as Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor, can produce a workable reaction and usable power without the pressurization required by traditional Uranium reactors. Dr. Borman had a few improvements in mind to make them even more energy efficient and safer.

Someone didn't want him to do that though. Radical ecoterrorists, or terrorists trying to pass as ecoterrorists, sabatoged his prototype Lifter. He tried to turn it off and save lives - which he was rewarded with by being knocked unconscious and tossed into the coolant waste tank of his own reactor to be drowned in the highly radioactive sabotaged waste fluids of his own prototype. That was the idea, but that wasn't what happened.

The massive amount of atomic radiation instead super-charged his mutant radiation absorption ability, upgraded his radioactive powers to dangerous levels. Instead of dying while he drowned and melted in nuclear fire at the same time he instead erupted for the first time. A highly destructive aura of extreme radioactivity burst forth and began destroying everything in it's path - whether Neil wanted it too or not.

Dr. Borman is was a walking fallout zone. Literally. The radiation he was emitting was so intense that he was even disintegrating biological matter just by proximity. Even the radioactive sludge from the Chernobyl disaster isn't capable of that. He walked so that people can get out of the way in time, determined to try and figure out how to bring his atomic radiation aura under control without killing anyone - or anyone else. Bomb shadows were later found at the reactor site, burned residue on the walls that look like shadows - it looks like Dr. Borman's radioactive aura had reduced three people to component atoms before he even realized they were there after his dip in the coolant. Strangest thing though, nobody is unaccounted for. No staff at Brookhaven, no nearby scientists, not even local anti-nuclear activists. The forensic evidence suggests Neil accidentally killed three people with his erupting new powers but three people that nobody can confirm even existed in the first place. Looking for a way to get things under control he tried to cobble together some sort of containment suit hoping someone like the X-Men could save him, or at least save the rest of humanity from him.

The X-Men did it, managing to pull him into a lead lined bunker on the school grounds. It gave them time to plan, and time for his aura to run out of power. The Radioactive Man is a controversial new addition to the X-Mansion Faculty. For now a lead-lined apartment in the basement of the mansion with a refined version of his original containment suit when he leaves seems to be working. Preventing a new eruption of his radioactive aura by preventing his internal storage from reaching that point in the first place. Could work, he metabolizes small amounts of atomic radiation anyway. Could work, it might keep him from erupting again...
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

eternaldarkness

How far afield from the X-Men characters can we wander? I'd love to do a take on Cloak as well as a number of other marvel characters as mutants. My ideas are Cloak or Hank Pym reimagined as mutants. In either case, having their opposite numbers - Dagger and Wasp, respectively - would be awesome, if anyone was interested in playing them. If that's too far from the concept we're going for, I have a few canon characters like Cannonball, Longshot, a gender-swapped Jubilee, and an OC or two I'd love to give a shot as well.

Angie

I'm pretty sure we've already got Deadpool and Tony Stark as characters. You can fucking wander.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

VoluptuousVixen

eternaldarkness

Quote from: loislanekent on February 08, 2015, 12:49:07 PM
Hey Eteranl Darkness, Ive wonderd about playing Wasp or Dagger.

Awesome! I can do either Pym or Cloak, and having opposite number to play alongside would be great. I PM'ed you to work out the details.

Re Z L

All done!

Costume
BASIC INFO:
Legal Name:  Katarina Wagner
Codename/Nickname/Aliases:  Nightcrawler
Citizenship and other legal info:  Citizen of England, on a Student Visa
Place of Birth:  London, England
Education:  College Freshman

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height:  5' 7"
Weight:  120
Hair color:  Dark Blue
Eye color:  Glowing Yellow
Ethnicity:  British
General Appearance:  A lithe woman with bright yellow eyes, blue skin, three-fingered hands, three-toed feet, and a long tail.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation:  Bisexual
Ons:  Adrenaline, Sensuality, Oral (giving/receiving)  (See player on/offs for more info)
Offs:  Being confined, tail-pulling
Goals:  Discover the truth about her origin, help make the world safe for peaceful coexistence between all
Wealth Level: 2 - Full time student
Personality:  Caring and compassionate by nature, she is also occasionally mouthy.  An adrenaline junkie and usually full of energy.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught:  Finished with High School, Freshman in College majoring in Philosophy
Year:  Fourth year attending - College Freshman
Club Memberships or Sponsorships:  Freerunning/Parkour Club, Kendo Club, Wood Shop

STATS:

- Fighting: 3
- Agility: 8
- Strength: 3
- Endurance: 6
- Reason: 4
- Intuition: 4
- Psyche: 5

POWERS:

Teleportation - Ability to teleport herself and within limits a certain amount of additional mass which is in contact with her (including people). She consciously determines her point of return. The entire process occurs extremely quickly, but the teleportation is not instantaneous--the delay is generally only a handful of nanoseconds. Nightcrawler guides herself to her destination by an unconscious, natural direction-finding sense. Although Nightcrawler controls her teleportation ability with her conscious mind, her power to teleport is not psionic. Rather it is the result of an unknown biochemical/biophysical reaction which she triggers mentally.

When she disappears in teleporting, Nightcrawler leaves behind smoke with a stench reminiscent of burning brimstone. The reason for this discharge is unknown, but may be a byproduct of the biophysical reaction that allows her to teleport.  The smoke tends to dissipate quickly, though she could theoretically fill a small room with the smokey vapor.  This would, of course, greatly exhaust her. Her teleportation is invariably accompanied by the muffled sound of imploding air rushing to fill the vacuum left where Nightcrawler's body was. Nightcrawler's powers automatically displace liquids and gases when she arrives at her destination.

The longer the distance over which Nightcrawler teleports herself, the harder and more exhausting it is for her to make the teleportation "jump". Under optimal conditions, teleporting only herself and her costume, Nightcrawler can displace sherself a distance of about 2 miles. Making a vertical teleportation upwards is difficult and dangerous. Nightcrawler's ability to teleport vertically is roughly half of her normal maximum, and will almost assuredly completely exhaust her.

Nightcrawler's momentum is retained throughout the process of teleportation: she arrives with whatever amount of inertia she left with. For example, if she were falling from a great height, she could not teleport herself towards the ground in order to save herself; she would land with the same velocity that she teleported with. She can subtract this inertia by teleporting short distances upwards (as though taking two steps back for every one forward).

The limits to the mass that Nightcrawler can carry with her while teleporting, and the limits to the distance over which she can teleport herself with additional load is unknown. When she transports a passenger over even moderate distances, they both feel weakened and ill, to the point of exhaustion. Teleportation over further distances could be fatal. Through practice, Nightcrawler could slowly increase the limitations of what she can carry and how far she can carry it.

Nightcrawler can use her powers offensively by grappling with an enemy and teleporting him or her in a series of rapid jumps. The strain of these "multiple ports" can exhaust foes without superhuman endurance while Nightcrawler remains strong enough to continue fighting.

Subconscious Spatial Awareness - Nightcrawler has a very limited subconscious extrasensory ability that prevents her from teleporting herself so that any part of her body would appear within a solid object. Because this ability is so limited, however, Nightcrawler cannot teleport into any place that she cannot see or has not seen in the past.

This also gives her a limited ability to sense spatial disturbances around her, such as other beings or objects being teleported or portals being opened.

Micro-Suction Discs - Nightcrawler can stick to nearly any surface by her hands and feet, allowing her to climb even sheer walls.

Camouflage - Nightcrawler's skin passively absorbs any form of light within a very short range around her body, enabling her to blend into shadows to remain hidden.

Superhuman Agility/Reflexes - Nightcrawler's agility and reflexes are above normal human levels, giving her an excellent reaction time as well as acrobatic ability.

ADVANTAGES:

Flexible Bone Structure - Nightcrawler's bone structure is mutated in such a way that she is extremely flexible.  She can maintain nearly any position (such as crouching) for extended periods without straining her joints or otherwise becoming fatigued.

Prehensile Tail - Nightcrawler has a long, prehensile tail with a spaded tip.  She can hold objects with it, hang from it, or use it for balance as needed.  It is not strong enough to wield a weapon effectively, but it can be used for more dexterous manipulation.

Night Vision - Nightcrawler has a limited ability to see into the upper end of the infra-red spectrum, granting her an above-average ability to see in the dark.

DISADVANTAGES:

Human Physiology - Despite her strange appearance, Nightcrawler is just as susceptible to any normal human ailment.

Demon Physiology - Perhaps in keeping with her demonic appearance, Nightcrawler suffers from a condition that swaps the effects of positive and negative energy--for example effects that heal others directly harms her instead.

Mutant Appearance - Unlike some mutants Nightcrawler's appearance makes her stand out very obviously as a mutant, making it impossible to hide in a crowd without additional help.

Soft-Hearted - She has a compassionate nature (some almost calling her soft to a degree) and is thus easily taken advantage of by those who can manipulate her compassionate side.  Furthermore, she will avoid killing at all costs, and will prevent others from killing if she is present and able to stop them.  She will even go so far as to tend to wounded enemies after fighting has stopped.

SKILLS:

Freerunning/Parkour - She has extensive practice with freerunning, which has only been enhanced with her mutant abilities.

Kendo - She has begun to learn Kendo recently in an effort to better learn how to defend herself and others.  She has been practicing for two years now.

Meditation - She routinely practices meditation largely due to her religious beliefs.

HISTORY:

Daughter of the mutant Azazel.  Her mother was a normal human woman from England who dabbled in the occult and attracted the attention of the Infernal Mutant.  Being interested in growing his family of successors and soldiers Azazel managed to make one of his brief foyers to Earth and seduced the woman.  They had a decidedly brief relationship, near the end of which Azazel revealed himself to her and commanded her to care for the child that was growing within her.  Though she saw the pregnancy to term she was unable to ultimately carry out the order as she died in child-birth.

Despite some concern over her odd appearance she was taken to a foster home and grew up among other orphaned children.  This isn't to say that her upbringing was easy--quite the contrary.  She managed to make friends with the other children when they were younger, and managed to make good friends with a couple of them that lasted into her early teens.  Still the foster parents kept her hidden away, not wanting anyone to know that they harbored the Demonic-looking girl.  Naturally she became fixated on her appearance just as everyone else seemed to be.  Of course being the exuberant (and willful) child she was she managed to sneak out often to explore the city.

The city was her jungle-gym and she was quite adept at climbing into places she shouldn't have been, or jumping over gaps others might have had trouble with.  Still, she was young and had little knowledge of the world at large.  She inevitably was cornered and confronted by a small gang of racist, older teens.  She managed to evade them and run until she came to a small home and began knocking frantically on the door.  It was inhabited by a kindly, blind man with a seeing-eye dog who helped her stay hidden from the gang.  They got to talking, the older man revealing that he had been a Buddhist monk for a time and consoled her after she began opening up to him.  She didn't explain about her appearance as he was the first person who didn't know one way or another what she looked like.

She returned many times over the years, stopping by for a cup of tea and pleasant conversations.  He was a sort of spiritual guide for her and helped calm the more rebellious part of her nature by showing her a means to bring about an inner peace despite what others might have thought about her.  When she arrived one night she found his home on fire and in a panic she rushed inside to try and help.  She found him passed out in the kitchen, the seeing eye dog no where to be seen.  She knelt over him as the smoke filled the room, shaking him briefly before wrapping her arms around him in an attempt to pick him up and get him outside.  It was then that her mutant powers first manifested.  In a moment she teleported with him out to the sidewalk where a crowd had begun to gather.  When the demon-like girl appeared with the unconscious man it was easy for them to see her as the person responsible for the fire.

As the group was about to seize her she managed to vanish again, awkwardly teleporting herself to safety until she ended up in an abandoned tenement, inside an old loft apartment.  Sobbing quietly she heard a voice in her mind--Professor Xavier.  He, and a handful of his mutants, arrived shortly after to try and calm her.  He offered her a place at the school where she could fit in among other mutants and learn to hone her skills.  Having little reason to remain she agreed to join.

Four years have passed since then, she has found a place to call home and friends that she can call "family", though still she wonders where she came from.  But her selfless attitude keeps her positive and willing to help others before worrying about her own troubles.
A&A

eternaldarkness

I wanna play Cloak bad enough that i'm going to make him and play him, with or without a Dagger. I shall complete him soon.