Interest check:D&D: Stolen Virginity

Started by CaptainErotica, September 18, 2006, 06:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainErotica

I had a crazy idea for a D&D Campaign that I think might be fun.

D&D: STOLEN VIRGINITY:

Plot: Serene The Goddess of virginity's Holy Chastity Belt of Greater Shocking Burst +5 was stolen while she  was bathing. It is foretold that should Goddess Serene lose her virginity be it to God or Mortal, then every virgin in all the realms be they Human or elf, Troll or Dragon,   shall remain a virgin forever. The heroes have banded together to seek out the culprits and return the Holy Relic, and perhaps get laid along the way.

This will be a highly erotic, hopefully hilarious D&D campaign set in the standard D&D setting but with several erotic themed changes. While there will be a lot of sexual overtones, there will be a plot with planned encounters and exciting battles. Role playing is a must, though there will be a  a lot of combat as well.

1.CHARACTERS:  Standard D&D. Roll 4d6  and keep the highest 3 die. Re roll any roll under 13. Hit points will be max and the level will be level 10. any of the official D&D book are fine though only the  parts dealing with sex, will be allowed form the Book of Vile Darkness. For Magic Items simple give a list of what you desire and I will make any changes. Feel free to make up new sexually themed items as long as they are not overly powerful or too far out in left field I will accept them (ex: Sword of lustful Envy +2 -if the chosen target for an attack has previously attacked you or flirted with you this sword deals an extra 2d6 to the target until you successfully hit them.)  Classes are as per the books but with the changes noted below. No evil characters unless you PM me to discuss it and agree to the terms i lay out for you.

Clerics: They must choose one of the custom God's listen below.

All Classes: The following skills are new class skills available to all classes.
Seduction(Cha), Sex(Con),

The following is a list of new Feats(General):
Well Endowed: you gain +2 to Sex, and Charisma.

Fertile: You have a 20% chance verses a 10% chance of impregnating a partner or getting pregnant.(must be chosen at 1st level)

Infertile: You are incapable of impregnating someone or becoming pregnant(this takes up 2 feats and must be chosen at 1st level)

SPECIAL RULES:

Fertility checks- anytime you have the male rolls percentiles. On 10%(20) or less there is a chance of impregnating the female. The female then rolls percentiles dived by 2. If your score is 10%(20) or less you have been knocked up. Game effects will be explained when/if it happens. For each sexual sexual encounter with the same in individual in a given day the chance of impregnation goes up by 5%. (ex: Uric the fighter gets buck wild with Alastacia the Paladin. This is their 3rd time today. Their chance of impregnation is now 25%(45%). Each day the percentile chance resets.

LIMITS: Anything not illegal on the site goes as long as the partner agrees to it.(ooc).
In order to keep the game moving sexual encounters will have separate threads form the main adventure. So it may be possible to play out your  week long sex scenes, but still participate in the story. ( The story may be on the seventh day, while you and the cleric are still finishing up your sex scene from the first night is a separate thread. You will still be required to participate in the story thread.)

PANTHEON:

Cupid: God of love and beauty (CG)

Serene: Goddess of Virginity(LG)

Dominatra: Goddess of Sex and lust(LE)

Herpetis: God of Disease and murder(CE)

Necronius: God of Death (N)

Sol: God of Life and fertility(N)

OVERVIEW OF THE SETTING:

A place where Chain mail bikini's, bare chested men, and monthly town orgies are the norm. Laws regarding sex in public are no existent. However, there art strict laws regarding incest, rape, and sexual assault. Punishment varies from fines, imprisonment or even the loss of ones Sexual Organs. Sex is sacred here, even the dead spirits get in on on it, but there are still boundaries.

To join simply PM me a complete character with stats, and a brief background explaining a little about them, and why they are on the quest to retrieve the Holy Relic. Also include the limits that your character has. For those who want to join but are not familiar with the D&D rules just send me an idea of the characetr you want and I can whip out stats for you.

ladyelizabeth

The Oath of Drake *~*  On/Off's  *~*  A/A's

CaptainErotica

Jefepato

I'd be interested, but I have a few concerns...
1) Adding new skills that everyone would want is going to seriously cut into adventure-relevant skills.
2) Only humans can be infertile?  Two feats is a pretty steep price to pay for people who don't enjoy pregnancy subplots.
3) Do the contraceptive herbs from Forgotten Realms exist in this setting?
4) A feat that adds +2 Charisma?

That being said, I have a few character ideas to consider.

CaptainErotica

You bring up some good points, asnd i will probably adjust the new stuff acordingly.

As for #1 I will probably give some bonus Skill points that can only be spent on the news skills., though i'm open for suggeston this as well.

#2) again something i probsbly should have payed more asttention too. It was such a neat ide(imo) that I had to get it up before i made any fine tuning.To answer the question, any race can be infertile.

#3) Sure I don't see why not.

4)I was trying to make it a viable aslternative to some of the feats in the books, but i agree it might be a bit much. perhaps just the skill obuses then..

Feel free to make more suggestions and offer more stuff to add in.

Jefepato

You could make the new skills cheaper to buy than normal (say, skill points put into Sex and Seduction give 2 ranks each).  Free skill points would also work well.

Quote from: Robguy on September 18, 2006, 12:35:30 PM
#2) again something i probsbly should have payed more asttention too. It was such a neat ide(imo) that I had to get it up before i made any fine tuning.To answer the question, any race can be infertile.

The trouble is, it has to be chosen at 1st level, and only humans have two feats at first level (even if they can afford to spend two feats on something like this).

Quote from: Robguy on September 18, 2006, 12:35:30 PM
4)I was trying to make it a viable aslternative to some of the feats in the books, but i agree it might be a bit much. perhaps just the skill obuses then..

You could make it simply +2 to Sex and +2 to Seduction.  Feats that add +2 to two skills are about par for the course in 3.5.

I'll be making statrolls momentarily (EDIT: 16, 15, 14, 13, 13, 13).  By the way, what are the new gods' domains, and are there any restrictions on race (especially races with level adjustment)?

CaptainErotica

I'll have to get basck to you on that last bit...3 AM here, and I am tweaking the domains before I add them.  Race wise as long as it falls within the level limit and is feasable as a PC then go for it.(convince me)The only reason I mde the inferiltiy so costly is because I see it being abused in order to screw everyone with no fear of reprrecusions. any ideas on how to fix it? 

Lirliel

I'm in it to say the least, prepare for my version of Red Sonja (loved the chainmail bikini comment ;))
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

CaptainErotica

got the idea from one i saw at an SCA event. and glad your itnerested.

RubySlippers

Question here do I HAVE to reroll a stat under 13? I always liked role-playing flaws and I find it adds flavor my best character ever had strictly average stats it was fun just having her make it to high level and another had two high stats and everything else under an 8! Its not stats but will and loving the character that helps them survive. Just they should be able to do something and that doesn't require high stats. Just stats 10 or higher depending on the classes taken.

Seems to me your taking away something requiring all stats be exceptional.

Jefepato

Quote from: Robguy on September 18, 2006, 01:08:35 PM
The only reason I mde the inferiltiy so costly is because I see it being abused in order to screw everyone with no fear of reprrecusions. any ideas on how to fix it? 

Honestly, I'm not sure I understand why you'd want there to be a fear of repercussions from sex in a world where monthly town orgies and public sex are normal.  If you really think it should be worth a feat, it probably shouldn't cost more than one (that's already quite a cost, and many characters are going to be feat-starved as it is), and it shouldn't have to be at 1st level (because there are so many feats that have to be taken at 1st level).  After all, contraceptives as described in the FR books aren't expensive for adventurers of any level, so one feat should be more than enough to obviate the need for them.

WarDragon

Count me in.  Any special rules for keeping up the AC of characters who go scantily clad for RP-reasons?  The Class Defense Bonus seems like it would work.

Thinking of either a Sorcerer with the Dragonheart Mage PrC in Races of the Dragon, or something from Tome of Battle...

CaptainErotica

I can agrre with that, and it is a sign of a true gamer to enjoy playing those types. I guess I am just use to the local game scene where no one wants to play a flawed character. I will leave yuor comment up in the air fro now and if there is enough support for it I will  change the rules on abilites, if not you are still free to keep the lower stats if you want too.

By the Way, I have been finding alot of flaws that I'm wotking to fix, and you guys are pointing more out -a good thing keep doing so. So it may be a bit before I actually get the game started. I cannot give an exact when, but I will get it brunning as soon as I can.

I have been debating on the whole fertilty thing for awhile now. Basically I had wanted to use it as a means to enhance the roleplay. It would be interesting to see how two adventurers handle a pregancy. and, while it is true the game is obvious wide open as far as erotica goes, I do not want it to be just a series of one love scene after another, like many of these games become, hence the fertily rules. I am highly considering dropping the inferiltiy feat and maybe even the pregnancy checks completely. I havn't decided yet, though you the players will be a key factor in my final decision.

As far as keeping your AC on par with the heavily armored characters goes, that is why I am giving the players a chance to suugest their own magic items. If you want a set of Silk lingerie of Defense +2 then ask me for it, as long as your list of items is not outragious or overly powerful, you should be good to go. Think of a typical 10th levle character, and hisa magic gear. How many items does he/she have, what are the average bonus', etc...and use that as a guide to choosing. I was going to set a gp cap but decided not to, since it would then require alot of math, to figure out how much a new magic item would colst gp wise.

Jefepato

You could just institute XP penalties for players who get off track with sex scenes and forget about the main game (although if sex scenes go in seperate threads, this shouldn't be too much of a problem).  Everyone respects XP penalties.

As far as AC goes, Slayers d20 has a rule I've always been fond of: if you wear any part of a suit of armor, it counts (rules-wise) as though you were wearing the whole thing.  That might be easier than messing with the class-based defense bonuses.

As for the stat rolls...if someone wants to play a weaker character, I don't see the problem, but I wouldn't suggest changing the overall rules.  Some classes (monk and paladin are the biggest offenders in the core book) require above-average stats to function meaningfully.

RubySlippers

Jefepato

Quote from: RubySlippers on September 19, 2006, 07:54:49 AM
Basic idea here there is THEORY and PRACTICE and this character knows the practice well and if naked in a city poor area could prosper  after a time like a ranger being left naked in the woods somewhere.

It seems like a combination of Survival (which applies to cities too, as per Races of Destiny) and Gather Information would do more or less what you want.  Making the skill list longer is generally more trouble than it's worth.

RubySlippers

No biggie like my character will say: "Charms and pretty words go so far but plenty of fine gold coin goes farther still." lol

And I may raise Dex to 17 taking two-weapon fighting feats and weapon focus in maybe daggers- be real fon d of blades that can be discretely carried. After all failing that she always has magic. lol

And Magic Missle allows no saving throws nor does summoning spells she can get around a lower Int with clever spell selection.

ZK

Just in my personal experience in the d20 systems. Charisma is not solely based on physical appearance, so, your character could be beautiful but a true and utter bitch. ^^ Afterall, Brain Devouers have an inhuman Charisma level and they're brains with legs. *giggles*
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Jefepato

Intellect devourers probably think other intellect devourers are damn sexy.

WarDragon

I've always thought of it as a matter of choice how much of your Charisma came out in your looks, myself.  And yeah, it does vary a bit by species, obviously.

WarDragon

Rolled two 16s, and four 13s.  Wow.

Now, if I could just pick a class....

RubySlippers

How about a Commoner? lol Pick up that pichfork and farm like the dickens....

Jefepato

I'm thinking of doing something monkish (possibly Fist of Zuoken, though the flavor would have to be modified slightly since Zuoken doesn't exist as a deity in this setting), but I'm not really sure.  There's so many classes I've never gotten around to trying out...

(And is it just me, or does the incarnate really need a higher BAB?)

WarDragon

CaptainErotica

I am glad to see so vmuch interest i only hope that when I do finally get things up and ruuning I do not disapoint. Though I have over ten years GM experience, this wil lbe my first attempt at anything this bizarre.

Zakharra

I stumbled across this thread, and it sounds interesting. I"d need help in making a PC though. I suck at making 3ed  PCs.

Lirliel

Will be avaiable to help ye Zahkarra, ps expect character somewhere on the weekend busy week!
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Jefepato

Robguy, do you have any idea what adjustments (if any) you'll end up making to the new feats and skills?  Some character concepts are pretty intensive on one or both, so it's hard to be sure what I can do right now.

indarkestknight

I'll be willing to help, too, Zakharra.

By the by, Robguy- opinion on the prerequisite feats of the Invisible Blade?

CaptainErotica

At first I was like WTF does a dagger wielder need point blank shot and precise shot for, but then I figurred it out. Remember that Daggers can be used as a ranged weapon. Therefore the feats make sense since you are basically a master of all aspects of fighting with dagger, dirks, stilletos, or any other similar blades. 

As for the Feats/skills:

Still waiting on you guys/gals to provide feedback on whether or not you wouldl ike to see the fertily rules comeinto play. If not then I wil ldrop the Fertile and infertile feats. If we do go with them, I drop the taken at 1st level requirements from btoh feats and have indertile wil lonly take up 1 feat slot.  Wel lendowed will provide a +2 bonus to any sexual related skill as long as the target is obviously aware of your endowment. (Ie your naked, have a raging hard on, they have seen you naked before or have heard about your endowelment, etc) It sort of makes it less favorble to pick up but it makes more sense that way. I could be well endoweled  :-X but would you know that unless..well you get the idea I hope. Feel free to suggest other new feats or ideas.

As for the Gods, I would like to make a few more, and still working on the diffferent domains for them and stuff. I wouldl ove any suggstions on this. The way I see it the more input i recieve from you the potential players the better i can make the experience when it finally begins.

To those who have snet me stuff already, thnak you. It all looks good so far. I stil ldon't have a definate start daye but I'm planning on sometime next week or the week after.

P.S. Yes that is the real me. ;D

RubySlippers

How about a diety of rogues and profit that is Neutral, merchants might worship them for profit and good professional rogues for taking away some of that profit for an uncautious merchant?

Lets see a patron diety of professional sex workers could be useful after all somebody must hire out those services to the less desirable elements or those wanting it might be good again Neutral.

Hell you could combine them all a goddess of Rogues, Prostitution and Wealth would likely be very popular. She could run the banking system or something that would give her ample power. Or him, but a goddess would be more fun.

Jefepato

The gods listed are good, but 4/6 of them (5/6 if you count Herpetis, which I'd rather not) are sex-related, which leaves a lot of traditional stuff uncovered.  Most settings have gods for things like war, rogues/trickery, nature, magic, craftsmanship, justice, and so on.  (Or in Faerun's case, 10+ gods for each!)

I'm in a bit of a hurry right now, but later today I can provide some input on appropriate domain choices.

My vote would be no on the fertility rules, although I can work around them if necessary.  It might be tricky freeing up points for the two skills, though.

As for the Well-Endowed feat, you could replace it with a more generic "Attractive" (providing the same bonuses to Sex and Seduction) and leave the specifics of what makes the character attractive up to the player.  That keeps logic from breaking down without making it a weak feat choice (skill-boosting feats are unpopular enough as it is).

By the way, is it okay if I adapt prestige classes from other settings that don't fit into this one precisely?  I'm vaguely considering the argent fist from Faiths of Eberron.

Zakharra

Fertility, yes! I like those rules. My PC is going to be a fertile woman.

RubySlippers

My character so far I'm calling her Rhatta "the Crooked Rat" Tallos known for her sharp features and rather mishapen body that is amazing fast and packs a fine mind. Also will be dissheveled, have body lice and not have the best hygiene plus is rather plain looking.

3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=14346

Jefepato

RS, have you considered the Arcane Trickster prestige class?  It makes rogue/wizards a lot more viable (and grants the ranged legerdemain ability, which is all kinds of fun).

RubySlippers

Her familiar lets see how about a rat. lol

I definately will take Craft Wonderous Item so she can fashion her own Braciers of Armor at a nice reduced cost and magically imbued spellbooks and the like, she can craft wands right now a useful trick I buy a 1st Level scroll she can make a Wand of Shield cheap enough and do the same for other low level spells.

Likely for the other two feats will take Stealthy and Spell Penetration.

Anyway an arcane trickster can't be lawful and she is- after all a GOODFELLA sort of rogue has a code of honor and all just within the criminal underworld, the secular law is fine as long as she can make her coin.

Jefepato

Quote from: RubySlippers on September 21, 2006, 12:54:45 PM
Anyway an arcane trickster can't be lawful

Crap.  I totally forgot about that.

Anyway, definitely take Practiced Spellcaster instead of Spell Penetration.  In your case, it's much better in just about every way, as long as you're going to have at least 4 ranks in Spellcraft.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Robguy on September 21, 2006, 06:44:43 AM
  At first I was like WTF does a dagger wielder need point blank shot and precise shot for, but then I figurred it out. Remember that Daggers can be used as a ranged weapon. Therefore the feats make sense since you are basically a master of all aspects of fighting with dagger, dirks, stilletos, or any other similar blades.

This was actually a leftover from the original Dragon Magazine version of the invisible blade, which had ten levels and included some ranged attack benefits as well. However, currently, the invisible blade is focused on feinting, which can only be done up-close. Likewise, canny defense is useless without a dagger in hand, and, low and behold, throwing daggers tends to shy away from that.

QuoteAs for the Feats/skills:

Still waiting on you guys/gals to provide feedback on whether or not you wouldl ike to see the fertily rules comeinto play. If not then I wil ldrop the Fertile and infertile feats. If we do go with them, I drop the taken at 1st level requirements from btoh feats and have indertile wil lonly take up 1 feat slot.  Wel lendowed will provide a +2 bonus to any sexual related skill as long as the target is obviously aware of your endowment. (Ie your naked, have a raging hard on, they have seen you naked before or have heard about your endowelment, etc) It sort of makes it less favorble to pick up but it makes more sense that way. I could be well endoweled  :-X but would you know that unless..well you get the idea I hope. Feel free to suggest other new feats or ideas.

Personal vote is against pregnancy, but for the XP penalty should players disregard the original intent of the game. As far as feats go, I would recommend taking a look at the GUCK for feat/spell/unique PrC ideas, and raid them for the choicest bits. Same goes for BoED. If you're interested in Seduction that scales, rather than hard DCs that, in later levels, can be overcome easily with the right magic items (as is the case with Diplomacy), I'd recommend looking at Rich Burlew's alternative Diplomacy DC system. Shouldn't take too long to find if you google him.

QuoteAs for the Gods, I would like to make a few more, and still working on the diffferent domains for them and stuff. I wouldl ove any suggstions on this. The way I see it the more input i recieve from you the potential players the better i can make the experience when it finally begins.

Quite honestly, as raunchy as this is probably going to be, there probably would be some gods that aren't explicitly focused on sex, seduction, and the like. A thought to use, if it seem the pantheon is too sparse.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Jefepato on September 21, 2006, 01:47:46 PM
Crap.  I totally forgot about that.

Anyway, definitely take Practiced Spellcaster instead of Spell Penetration.  In your case, it's much better in just about every way, as long as you're going to have at least 4 ranks in Spellcraft.

I generally have only access to the core books so I won't take feats I can't get access to myself.

RubySlippers

WarDragon

No opinion on the fertility rules.

About the gods... perhaps they could cover traditional things, but have a greater emphasis on sex than usual?  Like, Dominatra is like a female, kinkier version of Faerun's Bane, and so forth.  Cupid could be the primary god of hedonists, in his role as god of both Freedom and Love.

Any word on extra feats/skill points, to take advantage of the smut rules, while not straying too far from standard D&D in power level?

Jefepato

Here's a few suggestions for godly domains:
Cupid: God of love and beauty (CG)
Domains: Chaos, Charm, Good, Joy, Pleasure

Serene: Goddess of Virginity(LG)
Domains: Good, Law, Protection (maybe Community and/or Family as well.  I'm not really sure where to go with this one)

Dominatra: Goddess of Sex and lust(LE)
Domains: Domination, Evil, Law, Lust, Tyranny

Herpetis: God of Disease and murder(CE)
Domains: Chaos, Corruption, Death, Evil, Pestilence, Wrath

Necronius: God of Death (N)
Domains: Balance, Death, Planning, Undeath (maybe Time as well?  It could fit but I hesitate to let anyone near that domain)

Sol: God of Life and fertility(N)
Domains: Community, Creation, Healing, Sun

Gods that might be worth having around (merely suggestions):
God of combat (maybe in general, like Tempus from FR, or for specific purposes, like Kord from Greyhawk)
Domains: Competition, Strength, War, plus alignment domains

God of justice
Domains: Inquisition, Protection, plus alignment domains

God of magic
Domains: Magic, Spell, plus alignment domains

Gods of various races
Domains: Racial domains, plus alignment domains (plus something fitting, like Craft for gnomes, but this depends on your interpretation of the race)

CaptainErotica

I'm liking pretty much everything you guys are bringing up and will mostl ikely use it, though it kinda feels like I'm using you some how.

I will be posting the final adjustments shortly but here is a rough overview:

1) Any new skills I decide to go with will cost 1/2 a skill point /rank and be considered class skills(1 point buys 2 ranks)

2) Feats:  I wanted to add at least a few new feats ,but after thinking on it, and reading everones input I am leaning toward not adding any new feats. this goes hand in hand with the fertilty rules. I am leaning toward going without them, and allowing the players to decide if they want to roleplay such an event. If they do then add it in to the mix if not then no big loss. This way the focus will stay more on roleplaying versus rollplaying. If u keep the fertily rules the then the Fertile/Infertile feats wil lstay costing 1 feat slot and available at any level to any class/race...The only prerequisite requirements will be for infertilty which wil lrequire an in game reason for you suddenly becoming this way. (if taken at first level you were born that way). I will most likely drop the Well Endowed feat entirely.

3) Gods: Big change here, but I think it works out well. I will use the Olympian Pantheon. I think it fits very well with the erotic nature of the game, since most of the greek gods were prone to mating with mortals. I wilp keep two of the custom gods(Serene and Dominatra) who will be twin sisters, daughters of Aphrodite and a mortal man. They are both going to be Nuetral and be bitter rivals for obvious reasons.

4) Armor Class: I'm still not sure how to fix the gap in AC verses level for those who wish to walk around scantily clad. Obviously magic items help but with the stacking rules it will be a problem.  I am considering either ignoring the restrictions (Ie 2 items that grant defecltion would stack) or  I was considering giving each player a free magic item of my choice, so I could just give them an uberly powerful AC boosting item while the walking armored tank gets something suitble to his clas/race, or whatever.

Other than that everything else should work as per the books. I don't plan on doing much rollong in the game except for combat, and even then I think it would be nice to let the players have some freeform fun with some of the minor encounters. I mean why roll dice for a group of ten skeletons when I can let the players decide how it turns out, though i would ask that you keepin mind the other players(ie do not have your uber paladin slay the entire ob in the firsdt post leaving the other player to sit there with nothing to kill.Hope that makes sense) . anyway I'm almost ready to start, and I look foward to it. If it works the way i want it to(they seldom do eh?) then it will be quite fun.

Jefepato

Quote from: Robguy on September 23, 2006, 07:09:14 AM
1) Any new skills I decide to go with will cost 1/2 a skill point /rank and be considered class skills(1 point buys 2 ranks)

2) Feats:  I wanted to add at least a few new feats ,but after thinking on it, and reading everones input I am leaning toward not adding any new feats. this goes hand in hand with the fertilty rules. I am leaning toward going without them, and allowing the players to decide if they want to roleplay such an event. If they do then add it in to the mix if not then no big loss. This way the focus will stay more on roleplaying versus rollplaying. If u keep the fertily rules the then the Fertile/Infertile feats wil lstay costing 1 feat slot and available at any level to any class/race...The only prerequisite requirements will be for infertilty which wil lrequire an in game reason for you suddenly becoming this way. (if taken at first level you were born that way). I will most likely drop the Well Endowed feat entirely.

I like this.  Fertility is an issue of personal taste and not game balance, so it probably shouldn't cost a feat.

I would suggest keeping a feat of some sort that adds +2 to the two skills (assuming you keep those two skills as such -- I'm not sure where you're going with those), but "Well Endowed" is probably too specific a name for it.

3) Gods: Big change here, but I think it works out well. I will use the Olympian Pantheon. I think it fits very well with the erotic nature of the game, since most of the greek gods were prone to mating with mortals. I wilp keep two of the custom gods(Serene and Dominatra) who will be twin sisters, daughters of Aphrodite and a mortal man. They are both going to be Nuetral and be bitter rivals for obvious reasons.

Sounds good.  What I have to wonder is, though, is there any serious stigma attached to following the Academy instead of one or more of the gods?

4) Armor Class: I'm still not sure how to fix the gap in AC verses level for those who wish to walk around scantily clad. Obviously magic items help but with the stacking rules it will be a problem.  I am considering either ignoring the restrictions (Ie 2 items that grant defecltion would stack) or  I was considering giving each player a free magic item of my choice, so I could just give them an uberly powerful AC boosting item while the walking armored tank gets something suitble to his clas/race, or whatever.

Personally, I was considering a Vow of Poverty, but I'm sure that won't suit some people at all.

As I said, I like the rule where wearing part of a suit of armor (even if it's a small part, like a chainmail bikini or the Diablo 2 barbarian's plate armguard) counts rules-wise as wearing the whole thing, if only because it's the simplest way to handle it.  (It makes no sense, but this is swords & sorcery after all.)

CaptainErotica

In using the Olympian pantheon, most people would worship most if not al lthe dieties at one time or another. If they choose to choose one as their diety of choice that is fine, but the only characters who need to have a chosen god are clerics. Shoud you totally shun the dieties in favor of the academy they really is nothing wrong with that except that it will affect how most people see you, and interact with you.

I think your suggestion on armor works good as well.

indarkestknight

I'm going to reiterate WD on the AC issue: I'd go for defense bonuses, with armor as DR.

Personally, if we're going to be roleplaying more than rollplaying the sex part, I'd prefer it not be a skill, though I can definitely still see seduction as one.

WarDragon

Most of the changes sound good.  If we do want to keep sex as a skill/feat system, I suggest we just go with the one presented in GUCK.
http://www.netbook-of-uck.net/online.htm

I can go either way on the armor.  Another option for those who want to stay protected while showing themselves off is glassteel:
http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/armorb.pl?Glassteel

RubySlippers

Depends on my character I'm thinking of changing her around not the stats but maybe a base plus prestige class only. Not sure. Sorry being undecisive but role-playing is important to me more than class efficiency but it might be better to go with something more focused.

What sourcebooks are you allowing class book related. Can I use Tome & Blood?

I was thinking Wizard 3/Mage of the Arcane Order 7 OR for a creepy character Wizard 5/Pale Master 5.

WarDragon

Just thought of something.... is anybody playing a cleric, or other healy-type class?

Jefepato

I'm probably going to play an argent fist, but even with Hands of a Healer, I don't think I'll really be much substitute for a serious healer.

Quote from: RubySlippers on September 23, 2006, 02:56:20 PM
What sourcebooks are you allowing class book related. Can I use Tome & Blood?

I was thinking Wizard 3/Mage of the Arcane Order 7 OR for a creepy character Wizard 5/Pale Master 5.

He did say any official D&D book, although those two prestige classes were updated to 3.5 in later books.  The mage of the arcane order looks similar to what it was, but you'd need 5 levels first because it requires 8 skill ranks (just as well -- the 5th-level bonus feat would help you qualify for the PrC anyway).  It's a pretty solid choice, though.

I wouldn't recommend the pale master; although pale masters can be neutral, spells like animate dead are evil acts to cast, which might not be fitting in a game where evil characters are restricted (and would make it pretty hard to coexist with good-aligned party members).

RubySlippers

Wizard 5/Mage of the Arcane Order 5 could be fun.  ;D

WarDragon

My stats are done, barring any major changes to the rules, but I want to write a bit more flavor before I send them in.

Zakharra

*feels ashamed that she still can't figure out how to make a 3ed PC after 10 years* 
  :-[

Jefepato

Quote from: Zakharra on September 23, 2006, 11:29:02 PM
*feels ashamed that she still can't figure out how to make a 3ed PC after 10 years* 
  :-[

I can probably help.  What kind of character are you trying to make?

CaptainErotica

Creepy would be an understatement. i should clarify it is any source book for 3.0 or higher....no 3nd or 1st edition stuff..been way to long since I even looked at one of those.  as far as building your character goes, there are  few people willing to hlep you out, or if you prefer just send me an overviews Of what your looking for (ie: Description background, how you see the character ,rough and rowdy fighter, sneaky attack for th shadow powerful magic, what have you) and then I can do up the stats and if you like everything then we're good to go. I would just go freeform with it, but this is always something i've wantyed to try, but unfortunately there never seems to be enough female rp'ers in my area to make it work.  I don't just the tohugh of two guys face to face trying to rp out an erotic scene just isn''t high on my todo list. at least online i wouldn't have ot be loking oyu in the eyes when I call you Susan.
  I'm pretty much set on the AC, going with th suggestion that any part of a suit of armor counts for ful laC, thus you could don just the bracers or paudrons and still walk around as if you were in full plate.

I agree that since it will focus on rp the sex skill is kinda moot, so that leaves only seduction. I havn't looked at the link ofr th optionall fertility rule but wil lget to it today. I like the way this is going and i think it wil lbe fun.

Zakharra

Quote from: Jefepato on September 24, 2006, 12:08:34 AM
I can probably help. What kind of character are you trying to make?

Liriel and Glabrezubane are helping me out. I should have something soon.

Cosmo_ac

If i play, more then likely i would be a male cleric.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Robguy on September 24, 2006, 04:20:33 AM
Creepy would be an understatement. i should clarify it is any source book for 3.0 or higher....no 3nd or 1st edition stuff..been way to long since I even looked at one of those.  as far as building your character goes, there are  few people willing to hlep you out, or if you prefer just send me an overviews Of what your looking for (ie: Description background, how you see the character ,rough and rowdy fighter, sneaky attack for th shadow powerful magic, what have you) and then I can do up the stats and if you like everything then we're good to go. I would just go freeform with it, but this is always something i've wantyed to try, but unfortunately there never seems to be enough female rp'ers in my area to make it work.  I don't just the tohugh of two guys face to face trying to rp out an erotic scene just isn''t high on my todo list. at least online i wouldn't have ot be loking oyu in the eyes when I call you Susan.
  I'm pretty much set on the AC, going with th suggestion that any part of a suit of armor counts for ful laC, thus you could don just the bracers or paudrons and still walk around as if you were in full plate.

I agree that since it will focus on rp the sex skill is kinda moot, so that leaves only seduction. I havn't looked at the link ofr th optional fertility rule but wil lget to it today. I like the way this is going and i think it wil lbe fun.

Ok she is right now a half-elven Diviner 5/Mage of the Arcane Order 5 and not bad. Well not pleasant company but is quick, sturdy as hell, pretty good in intelligence with her level enhancements and since she only needs to drop one school of magic for her specialty so is going to drop Necromancy. Anyone being the one pring and snooping into everyone elses secrets can be soooo much fun. And she can still toss offensive spells, summon monsters and do all the other tricks pretty much.

Zaer Darkwail

Umh, is there room for this game? I toughted I could play cat folk Swashbuckler/Dread Pirate (think Jack Sparrow but as cute fluffy cat who walks in two legs :P). But if anyone is not rogue I could play Rogue/Dread Pirate fit the niche as acrobatic trap springing skill monkey (I know, acrobatic thief suits this category better but I want play a pirate dammit :P).

RubySlippers

You should have posted on official Speak Like a Pirate day. lol

Arrrr Maytee Says I, A Swashbuckler I Be- Arrrrrrrrrr. lol

And what about a rundown on classes being played I'm doing a LN Half-elven Wizard 5/Mage of the Arcane Order 5. Patron diety is Hecate not being a cleric her alignment is fine for a lay person and she is a goddess of magic.

Anyone else want to post what they are going to run to get an idea?

WarDragon

Conrad Darasv, CG half-copper dragon human Warblade-7, no patron deity in particular.  If you don't have the Book of Nine Swords, all you need to know about the Warblade class is "tank with some tricks."  Looks pretty much like this, except that the armor is made of transparent glassteel, and the scales are the wrong color.

Muse

Neat. 

I'm still undecided, but it's good to konw the major niche's are filled. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

indarkestknight

Running a human Rogue 5/Invisible Blade 5. May be this weekend before the stats are even close to being done, though.

Jefepato

Settled on a female human, VoP-powered monk 2/paladin 4/argent fist 4.  Patron deity is Athena, because as fitting as the Academy sounded at first, their philosophers are chaste and that just wouldn't do.

Lirliel

Female Human, Barbarian, Hopefully doing stats sometime now. And keeping it full barbarian, since I don't have any good PRC classes.

Zakharra

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I make my char then as Swashbuckler 5/Dread Pirate 3 (if DM allows that City Slicker feat from races of destiny gives Appraise as class skill instead Disguise. If DM does not allow this then I have to make the build as Rogue 2/Swashbuckler 3/Dread Pirate 3 instead.)

Anycase I got nice stats here :). When counting my Cat Folk racial stats these are nice rolls; 18, 16, 15, 15, 15, 13. I forgot I rolled anything BELOW 13 and not 13 result so that's why the re-rolls have one odd number roll :P. Tonight I have not much time to post (and it is very late and there is school tomorrow early) so I work the sheet in tomorrow.

Stats (4d6.takeHighest(3)=12, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=15, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=12, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=11, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=13, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=18)
Re-rolls (below 13) 4d6.takeHighest(3)=12, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=16, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=9)
Re-rolls (below 13, take 2) 4d6.takeHighest(3)=15, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=15)

Muse

And I've settled on a halfling girl Barbarian/Whirling Dervish. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I have made my char and I will post link to it to DM after game starts :).

WarDragon

As I understand it, you're not officially in until you've sent the stats, Zaer.

Mine's sent, btw.

RubySlippers

Character so far is kind of slow going. She's a half-elven Diviner 5/Mage of the Arcane Order 5 dropping the Illusionist School from her allowed ones. It was a tough choice but with the SPELL POOL PrC ability its important to keep the strongest schools open and I don't picture my character being big into pretty illusions and trickery. Anyway there are other options like shapechanging magic that can be just as effective if used well. Plus she gets a free extra information gathering spell per spell level and so its a nice option she only needs to lose one school and gets extra spells.

How much starting gold does she get?

3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=14360

indarkestknight

Quote from: Muse on September 27, 2006, 01:34:32 AM
And I've settled on a halfling girl Barbarian/Whirling Dervish. 

Whirling Dervish? Do you mean the Dervish from the Complete Warrior? Because if you do, you should remember you can't rage and dervish dance simultaneously.

CaptainErotica

Okay, good to see all of tge interesting characters you guys/gals are coming up with. I wil set up the forum sometime this week, as well as post us a final overview of the game. Then once everyone his happy with their character I will get the ball rolling. ETA until opening Post is Monday, though if you need more time I will hold off a bit.

Cosmo_ac

hmm...i was thinking about making my cleric a human-half giant for his race.  would that work?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, half-giants is a race not a template so all look human in appearance (but could have half-elf appearance but still half-giant stats I think) but are generally bit bigger (Expanded Psionics). Cleric is intresting choice for them and they have no drawbacks to go that career (they rather have few good combative traits which may make them scary close combat clerics).

Anycase if sheet must be showed here is mine; http://3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=14376
(taked two levels in Warblade to get access to few good maneuvers and also very nice stance; Leaping Dragon Stance, via bonus feat. Also mprhic kukri can have intresting applications in sexual situations, like always handy shapeable dildo if I will it morph into blunt peculiar shaped ;). Anycase tell me do I need spend 10,000gp for Dread Pirate PrC requirement, becuase in my background it is a stolen ship and also I hope you are ok whit my modified ship. It haves less cargo potential than other sailing ship but it is twice as fast.)

Rubyslippers; 10lvl chars start whit 49,000gp. But after checking your sheet I found odd thing. I would advice place 18 stat onto your Int instead Con (after all primary important stat for wizard is Int because it affects so many things). Also placing 16 to Con would be egual good and you lose only +1 from fort saves, -10 HP and -1 concenration checks. Anycase 70 HP is still very impressive amount of HP for wizard :).

RubySlippers

Zaer you do your character and I'll do mine I like her stats right where they are. In the order I rolled them. Be fun for role-playing though!  ;D

The only thing I'm left should I be a specialsit Wizard or just a general practitioner?

WarDragon

Diviner with necromancy forbidden is a solid choice, Ruby.

Zaer, I think the DM said that Sex is no longer an actual skill, just going to be roleplayed.  And what's the "morphic" weapon ability from?

RubySlippers

Actually I'm still up in the air I can drop Illusion I never liked those spells much. But I might take Diviner dropping Illusion or stay a general practitioner. To best use the PrC power of the Spell Pool in the latter case.

Zaer Darkwail

Morphic weapon is from Underdark book, I recall it changed the damage type of the weapon (or did it allow the weapon change any sort of similar categorized weapon, in this case I can transform my kukri into dagger, punching dagger, gauntlet or spiked gauntlet because all are one handed light weapons but I think changing it into weapon damage category it would be not big deal) and it was cheap plus I needed a enchament which allows blessed oiled kukri defeat a raksasha (background wise). Of course in any other case I would have picked a different sort of enchament (likely flame or frost).

Ok Ruby, I now udnerstand why the stats are what they are. Feel to go your style then :). I just wondered why you had such high Con but if you rolled so high whit second important stat of wizard and plan go that you take roll to same stat which comes from top to bottom in order then you were lucky :). Anycase my advice is to go to take necromancy as forbidden school also, because there is little to none non-evil and actually that uselfull spells there (expect few instant death spells in very high levels and also ray of enfeeblement is nice spell).

Meanwhile illussions can be very uselfull and adatable, examply Major Image can be used to distract enemy or create cover whit Mirage Arcana (you cannot believe how much I freaked out group of non-true seeing demons by creating celestial citadel filled whit program imaged solars charging at them whit my illussionist while group was chased them. Even after demons discovered all was illussion we still had cover because devils failed will save vs mirage arcana and our groups sneak attackers had party time in sneaking attacking directly trough the walls XD).

But then again roleplaying wise picking illussion spells as forbidden school as diviner would create alot roleplaying reason and background why diviner chosed to be diviner. Perhaps she was tricked once long time ago by illussionist villain and she eversince hated illussion magics because she thinks anyone who uses deceiving magic is a crook to core.

But truth to be said there is no true answer should you be illussionist or generall wizard, both have their merits but being divinist haves less penalties than rest specialist wizard so there is very little gap between divinist and generall wizard when comparing other pairings of generall wizard and other speciality wizards. But as question why you have praticed spellcaster feat despite in PrC and in your normal levels as wizard provide full caster levels?

Praticed Spellcaster feat is only uselfull to multiclassed casters like fighter/wizards who want keep their spell power high as possible (so Wizard 6/Fighter 4 whit praticed spellcaster cast spells like 10 caster level caster instead 6 caster level thanks the feat). Also I advice pick leadership feat, if nothing else than get dozen of followers whit cooperative spellcaster feat (they can be your personall apprentices and some can be even sorcerrors) to get full benefit of the cooperative spellcasting feat.

Also thanks pointing out the Sex/Seduction is gone and I will add the missing SP then :).

WarDragon

Stats in the order they were rolled.... yikes.  Too hardcore for me, Ruby.

And I think Seduction is still in as a skill, just not Sex.

RubySlippers

Necromancy evil? She is a LN wizard and to her view any spell is like a sword its not the sword that is evil or good but the will that wields it- so she creates undead of a minor nature its not evil just a construct created using a spell. Its no different than making a golem or a magic sword to her and making skeletons or zombies. Of course certain clerics may have some problems with it but their small minds can't understand the use of magic is just a tool she is a wise and properly trained wizard why fear her using it?

Oh and the PrC raises the levels of magic whatever the base arcane magic class is so in effect her spell levels as  a Wizard is Level 10, she is still a wizard the PrC raises the wizard spell levels she just doesn't get the CLASS benefits for wizard. So her effective caster level is 14 with practiced spellcaster and that is serious firepower like an extra 4d6 on a Lightning Bolt or a stronger Dispel Magic and in turn makes her spells a little harder to remove. Its actually a very handy feat. Might take it for my character in your game if she becomes a bard or wizard.

BTW Leadership with her Cha 5? Yea I'm going to waste the slot. (Yes it that landed in another stat I would have kept it- but a low Cha is this game is going to be fun to role-play.)

In the game is slavery legal? Indentured servitude?

Jefepato

Quote from: RubySlippers on September 28, 2006, 05:03:27 PM
Necromancy evil? She is a LN wizard and to her view any spell is like a sword its not the sword that is evil or good but the will that wields it- so she creates undead of a minor nature its not evil just a construct created using a spell. Its no different than making a golem or a magic sword to her and making skeletons or zombies. Of course certain clerics may have some problems with it but their small minds can't understand the use of magic is just a tool she is a wise and properly trained wizard why fear her using it?

That's all well and good, but casting spells with the [Evil] descriptor (which includes every undead-creating spell that I can find) pretty much prevents paladins (like my character) from associating with her.

Quote from: RubySlippers on September 28, 2006, 05:03:27 PM
Oh and the PrC raises the levels of magic whatever the base arcane magic class is so in effect her spell levels as  a Wizard is Level 10, she is still a wizard the PrC raises the wizard spell levels she just doesn't get the CLASS benefits for wizard. So her effective caster level is 14 with practiced spellcaster and that is serious firepower like an extra 4d6 on a Lightning Bolt or a stronger Dispel Magic and in turn makes her spells a little harder to remove. Its actually a very handy feat. Might take it for my character in your game if she becomes a bard or wizard.

Practiced Spellcaster doesn't work that way.  It can only raise your caster level up to your character level -- it provides no benefit to someone who already has full spellcasting progression.

(Also, lightning bolt and dispel magic both max out at caster level 10th anyway.)

RubySlippers

Oh ok. Anyway what the Paladin doesn't know wont hurt me.

And that feat was recommended by someone else the GM, if it doesn't work that way I'll pick another one.

WarDragon

Pretty sure my character would side with the paladin on the matter of undead.  Even if they're not evil (which they are, and since Wisdom isn't your dump stat, your wizard is in denial to think so), they're still... unpleasant.  And have no sense of humor at all.

RubySlippers

Covers the skeleton with a blanket- what undead? lol

I'm dropping Necromancy by the way in any case. (pouting)

Zaer Darkwail

Then if you have free feat then pick leadership then to get spellcasting cohort (quite low level one tough) which in pratical sense is your apprentice which also ahves Cooperated Spellcasting feat so you cna get the benefit of yours also :). Yeh, Cha 5 will be intresting to be roleplayed (nor you get overmuch followers either but then your low Cha could be countered whit great renown or some other misc bonus to leadership). Generosity is good trait to get bit boost to leadership ;). Seduction is still there? Would not bluff (or diplomacy) apply egually well for such situations? But if that is so then I have to edit my sheet again......

WarDragon

RubySlippers

I'll try to finish my character by Sunday evening.

Zakharra

I've yet to start one.

Stupid 3e system, can't understand it still... :(

CaptainErotica

No rush, You shouldn't need any stats for the first few posts, as it wil lbe mostly settign up, and getting aquainted. Unless someone gets sword happy and starts a barroom brawl or something.  I'm working on a website for the game to store all the information and I also plan on taking what happens and doing a running synopsis of the game in stroy form.  Once the game and site get up and running feel free to make any sugestion on content for the site. Let's get things rolling gamewise first though. Depending how ambitious I feel next week I may even try and do up a tutotial for those of you who have never played with dice and all that.

Thanks again for the interest and wonderful feedback....If things go well I may try something similar with the Star Wars/Star Trek genre. 

This is what the website looksl ike for now...Nothing works as i just started. I'm open for suggestions.
http://www.geocities.com/gm_marvel/index.html?1159621590968

Oh, by the way. i may not be on for a few days. I have filming for a TV show starting tomorrow morning.(Nighttime here right now)

WarDragon

Good idea, but the background is a tad distracting; have to highlight the words to read them easily.

Zakharra, I know some people are already working with you, but I'd be more than happy to help you get a handle on d20, as well.

Zakharra

Help I need. The syhstem just doesn't make sense in PC creation. It is NOT user-friendly.

Lirliel

Zaer Darkwail

Umh, Liriel, I think you get maximum HD for each level of the barbarian class plus your +4 Con bonus over it. Also why you have marked +5 modifier to Con while it should be +4? Also mark up your raging ability into the place where you had marked rest of the class features ;).

Lirliel

Zaer... you know I suxxor at this :P So thanks for helping me once again.. next time you design my character *shakes head and sighs*

What.. 160 HP :S... Is that really right???? And added the barbarian Rage feat on there

Zaer Darkwail

Yeh, that's right I think ;). But I can give further advice if you plan aim towards to PrC. There are some good barbarian focused PrC like Frenzied Berserker.

Lirliel

I dunnae have the books I tell ya! Put there is something like PMing me it offcourse, when you have time :)

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I PM some list of the PrC and descripe it bit ;). But I have to leave for moment now, mom wants her comp back seriously :P.

Lirliel

Jefepato

Quote from: Lirliel on October 01, 2006, 04:12:33 AM
Character Sheet:
http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=14416

Only a fighter can take Greater Weapon Focus, and you should probably find some way to boost AC a little, but other than that it's pretty solid.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 01, 2006, 10:30:14 AM
Yeh, that's right I think ;). But I can give further advice if you plan aim towards to PrC. There are some good barbarian focused PrC like Frenzied Berserker.

Um...how about we stay far, far away from the Frenzied Berserker?  That class is not team-friendly.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I already gived the list. I gived options for Bear Warrior, Frenzied Berserker and Rage Mage. All these are from Complete Warrior but other books could hold some intresting classes aswell. I know Frenzied Berserker is FAR from team friendly but I have noticed best way to cooperate whit them is let them charge deep into melee while rest use ranged weapons and then hide when there is one ro two foes last standing (but if one of them is a boss then they snipe it down first).

So, navigate frenzied berserker should not be that difficult but I agree that one time when my party's half-orc frenzied berserker cleaved on me after lass foe felled down I developed eternall animesity towards that half-orc (IC wise that is, player I just strangled for short moment after confirming critical on me and the party's cleric after me when hearing the XP cost of true ress).

CaptainErotica

Phew! That was fun...I got to play Dr. today...hence the new AV....Just wait til I put up the one with the patient....You'll freak...12 hours of filming, 2 hours wortj of show. I agree with the background, but i do like the menu and title colors...I have a different background but I was hoping I could foind sometihng red/black or red/white. I could try a different color for the menu and text. 8shrugs* I'll work on it tomorrow. Right now i am just too exhausted.

Lirliel

Quote from: Jefepato on October 01, 2006, 12:19:18 PM
Only a fighter can take Greater Weapon Focus, and you should probably find some way to boost AC a little, but other than that it's pretty solid.

Um...how about we stay far, far away from the Frenzied Berserker?  That class is not team-friendly.

Uhm.. not in my book. It's a general Feat and a Fighter may take it as an extra. Or am I reading it wrong..?

*Suddenly gets the urge to become Frenzied Bezerker and Frenzy right in the middle of the group ! :P*

And anyone got any ideas to upgrade my AC, perhaps gloves of +2 AC?

(Since she doesn't have all the much clothing for me to push magic stuff on! :P)

Jefepato

Quote from: Lirliel on October 01, 2006, 01:05:15 PM
Uhm.. not in my book. It's a general Feat and a Fighter may take it as an extra. Or am I reading it wrong..?

"Fighter level 8th" is one of the prerequisites.

And for more AC, instead of treating the chainmail bikini as a fairly small boost to natural armor, you could instead count it equivalent to mithral chainmail (due to the partial-armor rule that's already in effect) with whatever enhancement bonus seems appropriate.

Although other AC-boosting items (earrings?  choker?  bracers?) wouldn't hurt either.  Having lots of magic items is part of what makes high-level characters able to actually meet challenges of their level, but there's no rule saying those magic items have to provide much coverage.

RubySlippers

I would invest in a custom amulet put on it Protection from Evil, Blur, Protection from Arrows would give a nice bit of protection in a rage and keep arrows from hurting her (or bolts or sling bullets). And blur and protection from evil is just as good as an AC increase.

If you limited it to only work on her the price should be 20% less...

Lirliel

Quote from: Jefepato on October 01, 2006, 01:19:19 PM
"Fighter level 8th" is one of the prerequisites.

And for more AC, instead of treating the chainmail bikini as a fairly small boost to natural armor, you could instead count it equivalent to mithral chainmail (due to the partial-armor rule that's already in effect) with whatever enhancement bonus seems appropriate.

Although other AC-boosting items (earrings?  choker?  bracers?) wouldn't hurt either.  Having lots of magic items is part of what makes high-level characters able to actually meet challenges of their level, but there's no rule saying those magic items have to provide much coverage.

Jup your right, sorry completly missed that. Gotta check those eyes, *pops one out and polishes*

Also did what you said, now I've got AC20. Mithril Bikini, so everyone can see my boobage! Took Great Cleave as a feat too for maximum slaughter potentional.

Quote from: RubySlippers on October 01, 2006, 01:21:58 PM
I would invest in a custom amulet put on it Protection from Evil, Blur, Protection from Arrows would give a nice bit of protection in a rage and keep arrows from hurting her (or bolts or sling bullets). And blur and protection from evil is just as good as an AC increase.

If you limited it to only work on her the price should be 20% less...

I'm not that good at making up how much stuff costs.. *sighs* why do I suck at D&D? :P

Here's the new sheet for people that don't want to scroll back.

http://3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=14416

Zakharra

Quote from: Lirliel on October 01, 2006, 01:05:15 PM

*Suddenly gets the urge to become Frenzied Bezerker and Frenzy right in the middle of the group ! :P*

And anyone got any ideas to upgrade my AC, perhaps gloves of +2 AC?

(Since she doesn't have all the much clothing for me to push magic stuff on! :P)

What's her weapon of choice?  :P  One or two handed?

Lirliel

Greatsword, I like swinging big things.. wait.. that sounded wrong..  :P

WarDragon

You should have lots of gold left, if all you've bought is a +3 equivalent weapon, non-magical armor, and a horse.  Get your armor enhanced, buy a ring of protection, amulet of natural armor, maybe a ring of force shield...  All you need for shopping is right here: http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/magicItems.htm

And by the way... the picure says I need to sign in to see it. O_o

Lirliel

Yeah.. that can be! It's from the greyarchive site.. I'll Download it and upload it here ;)

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/Tyear_2006_10_01/bigRed_Sonja_colors_by_edbenes.jpg

Is this viewable? I never worked with photobucket before...

Quote from: WarDragon on October 01, 2006, 02:07:23 PM
You should have lots of gold left, if all you've bought is a +3 equivalent weapon, non-magical armor, and a horse.  Get your armor enhanced, buy a ring of protection, amulet of natural armor, maybe a ring of force shield...  All you need for shopping is right here: http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/magicItems.htm

And by the way... the picure says I need to sign in to see it. O_o

My armour does have a +2 to AC and +2 CHA it's in gear. So I dunno if I can enhance it anymore.
+2 Ring of Protection then, Amulet of Natural Armour +2, Force Shield Ring as well. Which sets me back, 24,500

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, adding +2 Cha and +2 Nat armor to armor is easy. In DMG it reads ability bonus is squared x 1,000gp and any naturall armor bonus is squared x 2,000gp.

But as rule of thumb in many games where I ahve been is said that if you add enchaments on already exchisting item whit base cost you simply said double the price of the most expensive item and then add other factors in. Examply would be examply cloak of protection which gives +1 to all saves and +1 to deflection bonus. Normally cloak costs 1,000gp and ring a 2,000gp. Whit the system what I said the price of that cloak is not 3,000gp but 5,000gp (2,000 x 2 = 4,000 + 1,000 = 5,000gp).

So, your chainmail bikini would cost 4,300 (normal cost mithril chainmail) + 4,000 (Cloak of Charisma+2) + 16,000 (2x price of Amulet of Naturall Armor) = 24,300gp. I hope this helps figure out pricing self-made items.

WarDragon

Get the natural armor as a separate item, like an amulet, and just enchant the bikini as armor.  It functions as if you were wearing full mithril chainmail, due to the rule that any part of a suit of armor works as well as the whole thing.

And the picture works fine, from that link.  I like it!  ;D

Praxis

Quote from: Z.K. on September 19, 2006, 02:43:08 PM
Just in my personal experience in the d20 systems. Charisma is not solely based on physical appearance, so, your character could be beautiful but a true and utter bitch. ^^ Afterall, Brain Devouers have an inhuman Charisma level and they're brains with legs. *giggles*

Yeah but brain devourers are great fuckin' lays too.

That's where they got that saying,

"Once you go brain, you never go...back?"

Praxis

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ender on October 01, 2006, 04:18:30 PM
And...can I play too?

After your creepy reply about 'fuckable brain eaters'? No :P *joking*

Sure, join in :). What party role is not filled yet? We have caster; Divinist/Mage of Arcane Order. Rogue; Rogue/Invisible Blade. Fighter; Half-dragon Warblade. Support combatant/talker; Cat Folk Warblade 2/Swashbuckler 3/Dread Pirate 4. Tank; 10lvl Red Sonja themed barbarian woman.

Group could not say no to a tracker and ranged combatant (ranger would sound nice) and perhaps a healer (not recalling any cleric charsheet).

RubySlippers

Or a Ranger/Cleric get tracking and wilderness lore and healing etc.

WarDragon

Just for the record, Conrad is a pretty decent face, too.  Maxed ranks in Diplomacy, Intimidate, Bluff (cross-class) and Seduction, baby.  Not quite as good as Zaer's kitty, though.

CaptainErotica

Stil lworking on the website, and final touches to the game. By the way here is a link ot some of my model/acting pics.

http://robguysrpgs.com/MYMODELING.html

Lirliel

And I'll be your well endowned hacking machine, *pats her trusty greatsword*, also anyone of you vets like to review my character. I know I'm being a whiner, but I really find it hard to make items :P

indarkestknight

Quote from: Lirliel on October 01, 2006, 10:23:05 PM
And I'll be your well endowned hacking machine, *pats her trusty greatsword*, also anyone of you vets like to review my character. I know I'm being a whiner, but I really find it hard to make items :P

If you need help, PM me. Magic items are a specialty of mine.

WarDragon

Yep.  Knows his items, Glab does.  I'd be happy to lend a hand too, of course.

RubySlippers

I want to use the SPELL BOOK creation rules in the the Magic of Faerun is it alright if I do so?

It covers making a book out of stronger materials, adding spells and wards and the like to make a good grimoire.

Well to a wizard her main spellbook is a major thing one that has to be done lovingly. And a fine investment.

Lirliel

http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=14416

This is hopefully the last time I'll have to edit her, Glab thank you for helping with the items :)
So tell me what you think of her, I imagine she'll be fairly good as a frontline fighter.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: WarDragon on October 01, 2006, 06:26:46 PM
Just for the record, Conrad is a pretty decent face, too.  Maxed ranks in Diplomacy, Intimidate, Bluff (cross-class) and Seduction, baby.  Not quite as good as Zaer's kitty, though.

Hehe, maxed my seduction too but I have also gather information ranks and sense motive besides ranks in diplomacy (whit high mod in it thnaks many synergy bonuses and class feature bonus) bluff and bit intimidate also. So we both kind of are suited to talk both whit our tongues and blades :P.

Anycase now the AC looks nice in Sonja Liriel :). Also melee potential is nice.

Zaer Darkwail

Very nice picks indeed :). I asume you want to be drow woman spellcaster whit scant little clothing?

Lirliel

I'll see about getting your character up Zahkarra.. but if your gonna be Drow we'll have to take the ECL +2 Rule.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeh, or use LA point off method so she can level up faster but what levels would be question. I think she likely be sorceress but would she aim any PrC (there are some quite good ones).

Lirliel

I don't know how far her other 'creator' is.

Zakharra

Other than some talk about feats, nothing has been done.

RubySlippers

My character is coming along I have selected her feats, spells and special benefits of her classes. I just need gear and to make her some magical equipment an advantage when on can do that herself to a degree.  ;D

Well Magic Arms and Armor and Wonderous Items the most flexible option in the game for the practical wizard.

Zakharra

I don;t know about any PrC's either.

Lirliel

http://www.d20srd.org/

Have you ever checked out this site Zahkarra, it has everything that the 3.5 edition has. Well without the explanation offcourse, but you can see if there's anything there you like PrC wise etc.

Zakharra

I've seen it, or one like it. The feats and PrCs just don't make sense to me. I can't really understand tham and make a character specifically for them.

RubySlippers

What class are you exactly and do you have any idea what kind of character you want to be?

If your planning an arcane practitioner a wizard, sorceror or bard I can help I play them a great deal.

A sorceror is a good option if your new to the game and want to do a wizard sort of character and not be too complicated about it. You might want to do a strict one school sorceror take Spell Focus, Greater Spell Focus, Improved Initiative and Skill Focus (concentration) if you have a fourth feat as in are human. For example if you take Evocation and devote yourself to it think MOBILE WEAPONS PLATFORM add in some protection spells and your good to go. Same for other schools.

With a sorceror the best ones seem to focus on something and do that well dabbling just outside that area with a few practical spells. And there are Sudden feats that let you once a day automatically augment a spell with Maximize and other feats without adjusting the spell level. Example you could toss a Level 10 Fireball and with the Maximize version it would automatically do 60 damage! Those are great for sorcerors if a bit limited. A Wizard prepares spells with metamagic feats so benefits from other options.

My main advice is keep it simple. Regardless of the character even my character is basically a wizard with some benefits and obligations but the PrC is still pretty close to the core class.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my suggestion lays in sorcerror too. Sorcerrors only main spellcasting (and important) stat is Charisma. But in PHB2 there is variant sorcerror option. You give up your access to familiar in return to able use metamagic feats faster and spontaneously. So you would nto have no need to pick sudden version metamagic feats.

Anycase I advice you consider aim towards Initiate of Sevenfold Veils. It requires you to be able cast 4lvl spells and cast four abjuration spells which one is 4lvl spell. It also asks Spell Focus: Abjuration, Greater Spell Focus: Abjuration and then Skill Focus: Spellcraft. You would get two levels in the class and it gives severall nice benefits, which most grandest is able to raise prismatic spell alike force fields which render you immune certain forms of attacks and also harms anyone passing trough the force field.

But this can go bit complicated class to explain fully so I advice go as full 8lvl sorcerror, take fast metamagic feat version so you can pick metamagic feats like Silent or Still (these two I think are quite important) and then pick two or three metamagic wands to empower your prowess in casting modified spells whitout spell slot increase. Then of course pick wand whit spell what you plan use alot but would not want give up your spells know for it (examply Identify and 9CL magic missile wands are good).

Zakharra

I'm leaning heavily towards sorceress.

RubySlippers

I'm not sure if I'll be playing this game. Fact is 10th level to start a character is a bit higher than I'm comfortable with part of the fun for me is GETTING there like is Zaer's game I'm in now I started at equivalent Character Level 3. If it was Level 5 in this game I think it would be better to start. I'm not saying I'm not playing just am kind of thinking about it.

Plus we have new players to the system Level 10 seems a bit steep for them as well.

CaptainErotica

Quote from: RubySlippers on October 04, 2006, 02:06:33 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be playing this game. Fact is 10th level to start a character is a bit higher than I'm comfortable with part of the fun for me is GETTING there like is Zaer's game I'm in now I started at equivalent Character Level 3. If it was Level 5 in this game I think it would be better to start. I'm not saying I'm not playing just am kind of thinking about it.

Plus we have new players to the system Level 10 seems a bit steep for them as well.

True. My reasoning for the high starting level was due to the fact that I wanted to keep most of the non standard races (orcs, Minotuars, Trolls, and others with high ecl's) available. Also I figure a quest of this magnitude would require fairly seasoned adventurer's to see it through.However, it looks like most of you went with pretty standard characters. As long as everyone else agrees I would gladly lower the starting level to level 5.(cringes at all the boo's, nad WTF I already made my character remarks) Either way works for me.

I should be done with the website this week, so you have soem time to discuss it before Game kick off.

WarDragon

Nooooo!

I honestly do not understand people who don't enjoy high level play.  More power = more fun, IMO.

CaptainErotica

LoL..thats one  NOOOOO!

Score:
Yes 0
NO 1

Zaer Darkwail

Wha?! I cannot be pirate (expect in background and behavior wise but not PrC wise) in 5lvl! I say no also to level reduction :P. Altough I agree that lower level haves it's charms but higher level games have also their own.

Jefepato

NOOOOO!

In my experience, after you've played enough low-level games, it just loses its appeal.  (Plus, my character wouldn't work very well at level 5.)

RubySlippers

I don't want to start a fight but Zaer a Pirate can be done using core classes hell a rogue with the right skills and profession is heck- a pirate. I hate PrC in the main they just stack in an extra layer of difficulty that can be done with some creative use of skills, feats and class selection. Even Mage of the Arcane Order I never really got why that had to be a class just have an ORGANIZATION with special benefits that wizards and sorcerors and bards can join called that. Example have access to the spell pool but being a member costs experience poinst as you must devote time to the organization maybe a 20% penalty to earned xp. Add in some bonuses for social roles and membership like safe houses and access to libraries there you go. Why make it a class?

I don't want to be a spoil sport here I just find it easier to do a character at a lower level less spells and feats to worry about and can work into the game more. Anyway I think its funner ROLE-PLAYING joining a Prestige Class and leave at least a little to have to do and join one. But some for me just seem stupid to have as PrC I get Archmage they are hell ARCHMAGES with some pretty strong powers and are supposed to be taken at HIGH level. Even Assassines seem sily any good (er- evil) rogue with the right skills can kill people. I just think UNLESS a PrC is for high levels as in topping off a career or offers huge differences for the character advantage wise why have them at all?

I played 2nd Edition and even 1st Edition, even for a time the ORIGINAL game that started it all. It seems to me they are starting to give way too many options over the beauty of the game. People aren't ahppy playing a fairly normal race ,I get Aasimar and some others like Drow, but Minotaurs!  And what is wrong with core classes they are well thought out and are powerful with plenty of flexibility if one wants to play a Knight just pick feats, skills and role-play accordingly with a core class. A Pirate a rogue is more likely to be a fine pirate with creative development of the character.

Instead of thinking OH DAMNED I can't be a PrC pirate so can't be one think OK pirates what are pristes like and what class or class combination with what skills will let me get there. Fighter 2/Rogue 3 perhaps? Or a pure Rogue a Pirate with lots of skills and a dash of cunning? Or a Cleric 2/Rogue 3 a pirate that serves a god or goddess and does so with scoundrel tendencies.

As for the level concerns I never said I won't play but a Level 5 character is perfectly fine and if you were talking along NPC lines in the game that is a fairly powerful young character. Some mages that are humans might be in their late middle-ages or older and just be around that.

Jefepato

RS, this game has been "level 10 and all official books allowed" since the very first post.  If that's a problem for you, you really should have said something then, instead of waiting until two weeks later when just about everyone has already made characters.

RubySlippers

Its not a huge deal I just take it kind of offensive when some player think they NEED a prestige class to have a character be something. The core rules are in my opinion more than enough.

As for my character I just am having lots of trouble just doing a Level 10 character its for me alot more work and getting pretty complicated more than I thought it would be. I probably will keep it siimple and drop the PrC from the equation to start and maybe make her a human. As for magic items that will take a bit longer.

But you have to admit there are WAY TOO many books for someone to know all the rules and many like the Unearthed Arcana are supposed to be optional. Just for me the main problem is the options are too much I guess. I hate to be a bother but there is no thread for the game up yet so I figured it was just taking time to get going outside of me. If I was at fault I'm sorry for the delay its just well, complicated. Locally I use the basic rules from the players handbook I don't own any other books and can't afford to waste money on them. In fact I still use the 3.0 rules with only some small changes 3.5 brought such as sorcerors ebing able to trade off spells and bards casting spells wearing armor. I don't mess with them more than that.

So without a HUGE STACK OF BOOKS how can I do a character as good as yours? Even in Zaer's game my character is still basically a Rogue and maybe will take some levels of Wizard later on- maybe. But fundamentally is a core Rogue minus the backstab ability. I have to make do with resources from the internet.

Jefepato

Quote from: RubySlippers on October 05, 2006, 10:15:18 AM
Its not a huge deal I just take it kind of offensive when some player think they NEED a prestige class to have a character be something. The core rules are in my opinion more than enough.

Sometimes they aren't.  A nimble, swashbuckling combatant is going to be lame as a core fighter or a fighter/rogue; he pretty much needs to be a duelist and/or swashbuckler to compete with a standard fighter.  (Which is pretty sad, since the standard fighter is one of the weaker core classes).  A multiclassed caster is usually bad enough with the prestige classes (arcane trickster, eldritch knight, mystic theurge) that make them usable.  There are plenty of concepts that can't be executed with the core classes without kneecapping yourself.

But you have to admit there are WAY TOO many books for someone to know all the rules and many like the Unearthed Arcana are supposed to be optional.

I'll grant that I don't know all the rules, and it can be hard to keep up, but I'm doing pretty well so far.

So without a HUGE STACK OF BOOKS how can I do a character as good as yours?

You already have.  Your character, as a 10th-level wizard equivalent, is certainly more powerful than mine.

Lirliel

I'm not willing to change my character either, I'm really wanting to see this go up and I've played enough low-level characters :)

RubySlippers

Well I don't consider Level 5 low level more low middle level. In any case I'm not going to play I hate to hold up the game any longer.

Praxis

I'm good with high or low.

I've played D&D for...well...too many years.  Right up to 3.5, but some of the character classes, races, feats and crafting that has been mentioned;  I just don't grok.

Everyone's playing in a league that I never even knew existed, so I'll take a powder.

Have fun though.

:)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I said I CAN be pirate only background and rpg wise but I like Dread Pirate's skills which I view suit to pirate (and gives some options). I get my most pirate skills being Swashbuckler and Warblade only adds trick or two in combat what I can exploit and Dread Pirate other hand gives alot class features which neither cannot never give (Seamanship examply, So far only Exemplar can give bonus to certain skill checks to people around him and that is PrC too, also Steady Stance is hard to mimick whitout PrC also).

Basically said it is possible play many classes whitout ever multiclassing but PrC gives most cases nice extra tricks and also help specialize certain tasks and fields more easily. Of course hard core rogue can beat my dread pirate in skill wise but in direct combat whit no sneak attack chance rogue is quickly goner when battling on ship where I plan fight on ropes, balancing on mast or hanging upside down from a rope etc. Also Dread Pirate gets small skill bonus either diplomacy or intimidate which can help save SP and also of course if you max skill out you have bigger mod in the skill than same level rogue.

Do not take this post offensively Ruby :). I just point out that when I said 'I cannot play a pirate' meanted I could not play one in way what I wanted (which this case is means not to able use Dread Pirate PrC and I have waited to try PrC out some time).

WarDragon

I've always considered 1-5 low levels, 6-14 mid level, and 15-20 high level (disregarding Epic, of course).  And frankly, anything below 8th or so just bores me to tears.

QuoteIts not a huge deal I just take it kind of offensive when some player think they NEED a prestige class to have a character be something. The core rules are in my opinion more than enough.
No offense, but this is a huge pet peeve of mine; just saying "in my opinion" doesn't mean you're not wrong.

CaptainErotica

I can understand how having so many options available to you can be a bit Duanting. All I can suggest is stick with it and go with waht you think you will enjoy. don't worry about trying to get the best feats, or best Bang for the buck(Pun intended). As for holding things up..it isn;t you holding it up it is me. i want to have all my ducks in a row and added to webstie.(at least the info on the Dieties and the world, the rest can be finished as i find time). Unfortunately It looks like we wil lbe staying at level 10. I do hope you stick with it, as form what i have seen/read you are an excellent  RP'er.

CaptainErotica

Ok website is pretty much done for now. I will wrk on the Heroes, Fallen, Story, and Bardic Tales Pages as we go. Feel free to make any suggestions for improvements. I was going to add a section for character creation tutorials but that would take me forever, and i know most of you are excited to kick this off so. If you havn't already please finish up your characters, and pm them too me or post them here. I plan on starting up on Monday, Wedsday at the latest.

http://www.geocities.com/gm_marvel/index.html?1160236362526

Zaer Darkwail

Nice main pages and I liked the geography parts :). Is the Golden Coast area wher emy char (a pirate) hails from? Then I can change my K:Local to suit that. Also any major oceans around?

CaptainErotica

Yeah, I fugure That would be the area he is from. As for oceans the only one is the Great Ocean., which the Gold Coast leads to. there are other continents and islands out there but i didn't go into then because we shouldn't have to go to any of them.

WarDragon

The Northern part of the empire sounds like the terrain copper dragons favor, so that's probably where my chracter's from.

Zakharra

I click on the link and the site wants to install a plug in.

RubySlippers

I finally getting almost finished I made my character a member of the Western Kingdom, Mage of the Arcane Order a Transmuter and a an official Royal Mage of the Western Kingdom. I figure its likely all mages allowed to practice would likely over there have to be nominally in service to the ruler.

CaptainErotica

hmmm... It might be for the music...I can't think of anything else that would need a plug in. Aslo I thought I had the Dieties page linked but but i guess not. It shoulf be up shortyl since I just have to go in and add the link.

Zaer Darkwail

Ruby, when I try click your link it speaks of 'error message'.

Muse

Gahg!  I don't know what to make!  Do we have a divine caster? 

RubySlippers

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 09, 2006, 04:01:21 AM
Ruby, when I try click your link it speaks of 'error message'.

That's her name "error message" lol.

A mysterious mage you don't want to know anything about. lol

Just kidding I forgot to stick in the character number for the character when I caut and pasted the link.

Be good or I'll turn your character into a hampster! [Baleful Polymorph DC= 20- fear the transmuter!]

indarkestknight

My stats are lying around on paper at the moment, but I want to help Zee finish before I get around to my own. Hope none of you mind too terribly.

RubySlippers

I don't mind don't rush the genius of creating a character but we can use a cleric I think? ahem (hint, hint)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on October 09, 2006, 08:07:26 AM
Gahg!  I don't know what to make!  Do we have a divine caster? 

Hmm, no, we dont have cleric. So what god you would follow? I asume you are not follower of the virgin goddess (they have quite strong taboos for loose relationships) and I doubt the virgin goddess would call aid of cleric of her counter part.

WarDragon

We can always use a cleric!  Druid or Favored Soul might fit too, but Cleric is preferable.  As for which god.... Aphrodite might be apporpriate, since she's the virgin's mother.

CaptainErotica

Yes she would be a good choice. Take your time, whenever you all are ready i'll set up the board.

RubySlippers

Ok I have her magic gear I put a good deal into her main Grimoire, I suggest not touching it unless you feel like risking becoming a mouse chasing cat forever.  Well over 3 rounds I wanted to avoid anyone by accident setting off the main ward she wants to deter thieves not hurt innocent people. Crafting wonderous items are fun!

Zaer Darkwail

Hey, I am cat already so I wonder which I beocme if I touch the tome (or do you mean someone transforms into a mouse? Quite irony for me it would be XD).

RubySlippers

Well it takes 3 rounds of contact I wanted to be sure a THIEF got it not some child curious about my tome. After all a black dragonhide Grimoire floating in the air can be an inviting curiosity. And once she TRUSTS you folks you will get the shut-off commands. But it is the wizards most prized possession and the source of her power oif course she wanted it protected and her trust is not gained easily.

It also shrugs of 12 damage from elemental attacks like fire, electricity, cold. It is water proof. It also has magic pest resistance from mites and the like that would try ot eat the Grimoire all common effects. And it levitates more for show than common sense. Well a master wizard needs to keep up appearances.

Might I add having Craft Wonderous Item AND access to the Arcane order Spell Pool is fun!

Oh you want to be a mouse just ask I have regular Polymorph as well.

(Her backup is kept at the Guild Hall nice and safe if anything can blast past layers and layers of magical wards and traps to get to the vaults I'd be MOST impressed.)

I did think to help the Barbarian and fighters in the group Protection from Arrows and Haste makes a fine combo. Especially for the sword swinging chainmail bikini clad barbarian. And if she gets gold I can fashion wonderous items of many types including items working with the cleric. Like oh a Bracelet the casts healing spells on the wearer as they take damage or an Elixer of Love (its a wonderous item not a potion) for the horny cat man to use. All I'll expect is a fair price paid plus something extra for her time.

Cosmo_ac

ok, i'm willing to play a male cleric.  I admit i'm more then a little hesitant and intimidated by the rules and set up, but If rob is willing to help me out when he has time, then i'm in at least to try things out.

RubySlippers

Might I suggest Apollo as your diety the Patron God of Healers I believe. Medic!

By the way when we get some gold I'll work with him to forge some healing magic items that the party in general can use.

Muse

Ah, I've just finished, more or less, an Aasimar female favored soul of Zeus. 

Cosmo_ac

i was actualy thinking about being a cleric of Dominatra.

RubySlippers

Whatever we need a medic.

I suggest though take Brew Potion between your potions and some crafted wonderous items working with your character we can keep healing available for the party.

Jefepato

Quote from: Cosmo_ac on October 11, 2006, 12:09:43 PM
i was actualy thinking about being a cleric of Dominatra.

For one thing, being a cleric of an evil deity is probably going to do you no favors in a party full of goody-goodies (not to mention that it makes you a lot worse at healing).

For another, didn't the pantheon get switched to the Olympian one?

Cosmo_ac

thats certainly possible.  Currently i can't get on the site, do to troubles with my comp, so it's very possible there have been changes.  I would have figured though that even an evil cleric would have plenty of healing spells at level 10.

Cosmo_ac

However, i was suggessted by rob to take Aphrodiety i believe, i'd have to chack again, and that might indeed be the better choice.

Jefepato

Quote from: Cosmo_ac on October 11, 2006, 12:44:22 PM
thats certainly possible.  Currently i can't get on the site, do to troubles with my comp, so it's very possible there have been changes.  I would have figured though that even an evil cleric would have plenty of healing spells at level 10.

True, but good clerics can convert any spell into a cure spell.  Evil clerics have to prepare cure spells, taking up valuable spell slots (they can only convert into inflict spells, which aren't very good).

RubySlippers

Sure they are if have undead they can heal them.

Jefepato

Undead are usually more expensive than they're worth (even the basic animate dead is prohibitively expensive to cast).  Inflict spells might be useful if the cleric himself or his teammates are undead (or if they took Tomb-Tainted Soul, but no one ever takes that feat), but that's extremely rare -- and definitely not the case here.

RubySlippers

Sure if the cleric is a bastard. LOL

Sure I'll heal you master paladin....oopsi wrong spell.  ;)

CaptainErotica

I did go with the Olypian(Greek) Pantheon, but added Serene and Dominatra as Demi-God Twin sisters, the daughters of Aphrodite and a mortal. I also made both of them nuetral. However, as someone mentioned it would be hard tohugh fairly amusing to be a cleric of Serene(with all the pre-marital sex that is bound to occur). At first I didn't see Dominatra wanting ot help her sister in any way, but thinking on it, she would in fact be helping quite a bit, since if the whole world were suddenly virgins there would be no need for her as a God. So if you want to go with Domintra that actually works. Both she and Aphrodite would be good choices as would Apollo.

emberdusk

Hello all... Sneaking into your game fashionably late. 

Right now I'm thinking about playing a rogue, money won't be the only thing he's stealing ;), or possibly some combination with ranger.  I'm fairly new to 3ed, but working it out.  Now, if only I can find the right bribe to give the diceserv... Flowers, jewelry, maybe a new CPU, who knows... I've completely re-rolled twice and I think my highest roll was 14.  Maybe a thing for a brighter day...

Something I stumbled across for those still having trouble on their characters... http://dnd3rd.sourceforge.net/  This is a pretty quick and easy way to roll up a character.  It also has some help in explaining things.  I need to talk to rob and work something out with the rolls lol.   :P

I know I'm late in this and will try to hurry up and get caught up.

RubySlippers

I say keep what you rolled- heck I love playing up my character crappy Cha I have all sorts of ideas on how to do that. And since you are allowing all the official books I added the Character Flaw (pathetic) for that stat so now its a 3.

With the changes she is a very dangerous woman with her craft and can still club some mnor scum with her quarterstaff.

I figure when the orgy of the month has people drunk enough even SHE will get some action! Or can buy a slave after all she can always get sex the wishes of the slave don't matter.

indarkestknight

*waves to emberdusk* Another rogue-type! Yay! Now I don't have to feel guilty about completely avoiding trap-based skills!  ;)

Muse

'An it please you, my lord, I offer this ripe boddied damsel...  Erm, adventuring Favoured Soul, to you to do with as you please. 

http://3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=14476

CaptainErotica

I wil lbe posting the opening thread sometime early this week. I realize a few of you stil ldon't have completed characters, but it shouldn't be a big deal, since there shouldn't be any combat yet, unless you all start a bar fight.

Zaer Darkwail

I think my char is done I think. And if there is no combat nor skill based checks to be soon in the game when it starts then it can be started anytime now :).

Zakharra

RubySlippers

Be ready by the end of today then I just have some things to have to do to fesh her out and recheck her feats but most are perfect right now.

UPDATE: Getting there I offer to you an ugly smelly female half-elf with oogles of magical talents and who is ,er, going to be butt ugly and smelly. lol

Not particularly good company either.

RubySlippers

Let me know when the threads are up then I've got to touch up my character buts she will good to go when your ready to start won't take me long.

CaptainErotica

I'l ltry and have the opening thread up tomorrow evening my time. This week has bene busy for me. Next week looks good untl the end when I might have a 2 day shoot for a Ayumi Hamasaki Music Video.

Lirliel

Can't wait for this to start! Ps, How is the site coming?

CaptainErotica

The Main page, world pages, and dieties pages should al lbe functioning, if I got my links right. I'm thinking about droppign the background music. Nexy wil lbe the links page, and then I will begin adidng the characacters to the heroes page. i know it's been awhile in the making but we should be off and running ion a day or two.

Zakharra

strenoth

Hmmm, do you have room for one more? I was thinking of maybe a LE Warlock who followed Dominatra.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
BDSM Orientation: Switch
Sexual Limitations: Site limits, no male-on-male

WarDragon

Quote from: strenoth on October 29, 2006, 02:21:35 PM
Hmmm, do you have room for one more? I was thinking of maybe a LE Warlock who followed Dominatra.
In the same party as a Paladin?

Are we going to start sometime, Rob?  Or are you just a bit tease?

CaptainErotica

I have decided to give this another go now that I'm back.  I think it will be a great game if i can ever get it off and running.

TheAlchemist

That certainly sounds fun, count me in.

I guess we're starting from scratch, yes? I was thinking some stealthy type. I no longer have access to the books though, hmm. Will try and get a hold of something.

CaptainErotica

I can get you the books you need just tell me which one you want. I am starting the recruiting over, but if anyone from before still wants in just resend me the character sheet and your good to go. If you want to play but don't have the books, I can get you the books.(shhh...don't tell anyone)

Jefepato

Uh...I think I had a character for this, didn't I?  I'll dig through my outbox today and see what I find.

CaptainErotica

I think you did too, but i cleared out my PM box when I came back so I don't have the old characters.

Here is a map of amoria...I havn't named all the cities/towns yet. I'll update as the game progresss.

RubySlippers

I'll play but I zapped my character sheet from existance when it seemed to be going nowhere. I'll still be doing a Wizard and Mage of the Arcane Order like before.

WarDragon

CaptainErotica

I'm glad you guys/girls are stil linterestred in this. I was pretty...upset when I lost my internet connection. Hopefully the game wil lbe ready to go sometime this week or next week.

MechanicalImpulses

Well... I could probably get on board here.  Any class thats open is workable...
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8276.0 Ons and offs

Switch with heavy submissive tendencies.

I found my cattleprod!

CaptainErotica

Whatever you feellike playing, as long as it falls in the guidelines in he first part of the thread. Soeaking of threads the game thread should be up sometime early next week.

Muse

Oh, man, I can't remember my charecter class either, but given what I was just planning on starting up, it might be a bit more than I could chew. 

MechanicalImpulses

I found my cattleprod!

CaptainErotica

Jeez...It'd be easier to name what you want to use and i'l ltell you if I have it. I have over 20 books in physical form and probably double that in PDF form. If i don't have it I all I need is the info your using from the book.  The only sourcebooks I may limit the use of is Book of Vile Darkness, Boom of exhalted Deeds, and Unearthed Arcana( example no gestalt characters).

MechanicalImpulses

Hah...  so I see.  Well,  would it be possible to get the general lay out of the party?

I found my cattleprod!

CaptainErotica

Catfolk -Warblade/Swashbuckler
1/2 Dragon(Copper) -Warblade
  Unknown- wizzard
Aasimar -Favored soul
Human-Barbarian
Human- Monk/paladin
-unknown -cleric

this is a list of the characters I have. If i missed you let me know.

TheAlchemist

Some sort of roguish dude for me. Pressure's been high at work, so didn't have time to get one together yet, soz. If I can't make it today, will have to be over the weekend.

Muse

MechanicalImpulses

I found my cattleprod!

CaptainErotica

darn you found one i don't have...I have the exapanded psionic hnadbook though. I'l ltryb to go through and get al ist up of the books I have.

MechanicalImpulses

I don't need a list I'm selecting  powers and feats now....  most of them come from the expanded psionics handbooks.

I found my cattleprod!

WarDragon

Ugh.... psionics....

My irrational, burning hatred for sci-fi mind powers in a fantasy setting aside, there's no need to get a copy of the XPH.  All the important stuff is in the SRD.

http://www.d20srd.org/

RubySlippers

So many D&D chracters to do so little time....

I'll have mine posted by Monday morning.

Oh for a race ,um, lets see dice rolls first-

Strength 16
Dexterity 15
Constitution 14
Intelligence 16
Wisdom 18 (+1 level 4)
Charisma 18

A human cleric stands out but could do a bard/cleric?

Zaer Darkwail

Or make Divine Bard (bard who casts divine spells and uses both Wis and Cha determine spells what he haves access to and save DC's and extra spell slots).

CaptainErotica

A Bard/Cleric would definately be a new one to see. It actually sound kinda fun too.

RubySlippers

Human Bard 5/Cleric 5 then.

Lets see stats then: Str 16, Dex 16 (+1 adjustment for level 4), Con 14, Int 16, Wisdom (18 +1 adjustment for level 8), Cha 18.

Feats:
(race) Well-Hung (must be a female version of this after all a woman can have that special something can't she?)
(1st level) Improved Initiative
(3rd level) Versatile Performer
(6th level) Skill Focus- Perform (singing)
(9th level) Brew Potion

CaptainErotica

MechanicalImpulses

Hm...  highest stat I rolled is 16...  should I change to a pyschic warrior instead...

I found my cattleprod!

CaptainErotica

MechanicalImpulses

true...  I won't be screwed over if I don't go for perfect effiency right?

I found my cattleprod!

CaptainErotica

Nah...I'm not one of those GM's who looks for weakness to exploit. I've only killed one PC off, and that was an accident when 3.0 first came out. I misread the Challenge rating rules and threw  4 level 5 PC's at two Trolls. The Rogue got critical hit with a rend attack that put him at -30 hp. he got ripped in half. They vgave him 2 funerals. It was sad, but after...there was much rejoicing.

CaptainErotica

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=334.0

Here's the Game Board finally. I havn't had tiem to do anything with it yet but feel free to chat away in the OOC area.